ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 8:56:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
DP 3 EVENT:

LYNCHED LAST DP
The crowd stood in the atrium of the Ministry of Magic, jeering loudly. They demanded at the very least, his resignation. Cornelius Fudge stepped out from within one of the elevators, surrounded by a bodyguard of aurors. They were no match for the rioters. Wands sparkled, explosions tore through the atrium, and Cornelius was seized by the rioters and dragged away. No violent demonstration of this sort had ever occurred in the magical world, until very recently.

CORNELIUS FUDGE " CHICKEN
Cornelius Fudge, you were the Minister of Magic. You are a caring person, but you are extremely inept and rely on Dumbledore. However, you turn nasty when you face adversity and attempted to discredit Dumbledore and Harry, and you were quite successful. Thus, you are the ODD NIGHT FRAMER. On every NP that is odd (1, 3, 5 etc.), you may choose one person who will appear guilty upon investigation. You win with the Mafia.

KILLED IN THE NIGHT
A dark figure slowly crept forth silently across a moonlit patch of ground. A man lay peacefully sleeping upon a bed, snoring quietly. The figure slowly withdrew his wand from beneath his cloak, and pointed it directly and the sleeping man.
"Avada..." he began to say. Suddenly, there was a large "crack!"
"KEDAVRA!" the figure shouted, spinning around and firing a bright green beam of light towards the source of the noise. There was a great flash, crack, and heavy cursing. The assailant had disapparated. The man leapt off of his bed and ran over to the body on the ground, it was Dobby the House Elf.

The assailant apparated to a far away dark London street. Cursing, he strode to and forth, waiting for someone. Several tense minutes later, a man dressed in all black strode towards him.
"What news?"
"It failed."
"He won"t be very happy about that."
"I know Fenrir, you don"t need to tell me."
Fenrir Greyback smiled and picked at his dirty, yellow nails.
"Well, it seems like he can"t rely on you scum to do his work. Seem"s like the Dark Lord will be marking me soon, won"t he?"
"Actually, Fenrir. That"s why I"m here." Fenrir perked up.
"I"m going to be part of the inner circle?"
"Well, not quite. You honestly didn"t that the Dark Lord wouldn"t have noticed what you were doing? Building up a werewolf army?" Fenrir shifted uncomfortably. "The Dark Lord knows all, Fenrir. You were wrong to cross him."
"Well, I wasn"t really crossing him, was I? I was merely..."
"Save it. He"s decided he doesn"t need you anymore." In one swift movement, the man drew his wand. "AVADA KEDAVRA!" Fenrir was blasted back, dead.

(Luls at the movie)

DEAD:

MARAUDER " FENRIR GREYBACK
The most vicious werewolf in existence, you work alongside Death Eaters in their attempted conquest of the magical world. You find it as your mission to infect as many people as possible and turn them into werewolves. You yourself are almost always in a werewolf like state, regardless of whether or not it is a full moon. You relish to kill and the devouring of man-flesh. You are Third Party. NOTE: PART OF THIS ROLE PM WAS OMITTED.

SARCASTICINDEED " DOBBY THE HOUSE ELF
"Dobby the House Elf didn"t try to kill, only to maim!" You are a house elf who was freed by Harry in his second year, and thus you are very loyal to him and his friends. Thus, you are EXPENDABLE. During an NP, you may choose to sacrifice yourself to stop the Mafia kill(s). If nobody dies that night, you will live. You may use your ability again, but if nobody dies for the second time you will die. You win with the Town.

With 11 players alive it takes 6 votes to lynch.

PLAYER LIST:
1. Tulle
2. Niwsa
3.F-16
4. TUF
5. PR
6. Jordan56
7. Man-is-good
8. Ifly
9. Zaradi (REPLACED BY DRAFTERMAN)
10.Burrito
11. FourTrouble

This DP will end in 48 hours in a VTNL unless a decision has been made before then. Good luck!
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 9:01:10 PM
Yayyyyy im back in the game. As to who I'm replacing, i can only assume ishy will announce that
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 9:01:31 PM
At 12/27/2012 9:01:10 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Yayyyyy im back in the game. As to who I'm replacing, i can only assume ishy will announce that

Nvm, already did.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 9:01:52 PM
Was MIG being pressured at all last DP?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 9:50:44 PM
At 12/27/2012 9:01:00 PM, TUF wrote:
Results drafter?

I attempted to investigate Marauder, but I was roleblocked. I hope a watcher was on me.

He died and flipped guilty anyway, so I'm counting that as a hit.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 9:55:00 PM
I think Marauder was blocked last dp NP so he failed at converting anyone :)

I think the next person to claim is ifly. I'm on my phone so I can't bold.... or I could, but it would take a really long time. So no.
yang.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 9:56:01 PM
At 12/27/2012 9:55:00 PM, tulle wrote:

Why do you think that? I most certainly was blocked, most likely by mafia.

I think the next person to claim is ifly. I'm on my phone so I can't bold.... or I could, but it would take a really long time. So no.
Niwsa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 10:02:50 PM
How much can we rely on the narrative?

Doesn't it point to Dobby sacrificing himself?

If so, how did Fenrir die? Was it the same person as in the narrative?

Is the narrative there purely for story purposes or can we actually rely on it?

I'm guessing it's there as a story but I don't know I'm inexperienced.
http://debate.org... <--- please vote!
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 2:39:00 AM

Say what? The reason that F-16 FOS'd me is because I was apparently surprised at Drafter's guilty on Chicken. This assumes that Chicken is innocent. He is not, so F-16's FOS is invalid. Unless you have a reason for suspecting me, then there is really no reason for me to claim at this point. If I recall right, you had your vote on Bossy last. I too agree that Bossy needs to claim.

VTL Bossy for a claim.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 8:51:42 AM
Ok actually, just because i see it as a prudent move because after tonight i'll essentially just be a vanilla anyways, im going to claim.

Im Professor Lupin, I was a great Defense against the Dark Arts teacher. I am nice and intelligent, but I am secretly a werewolf. Because of this I am the Strongman. At NP3 I will change into a werewolf and MUST choose to bite someone. Not doing so will result in a mod-kill. That person will die, regardless of whether or not they are protected. The only way my kill will not work on my intended target, is if they are a hider or commuter. I win with the town.

I'm claiming because honestly, my 1X Vig(Strongman) cant be roleblocked, so hiding the fact that I have to shoot someone makes no sense to me. In fact claiming is imo, pro-town at this juncture so we can all properly discuss potential targets for me to kill.

In this case open discussion is, again, possible because I cant be stopped from actually killing someone by a roleblocker(i checked with ishy to make sure). This means that its, imo, perfectly acceptable to discuss the choice openly, and the need for secrecy is no longer relevant, at least in regarss to this current situation.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 9:04:39 AM
How did Fenrir die? Another 3P?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 9:12:38 AM
At 12/28/2012 8:51:42 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Ok actually, just because i see it as a prudent move because after tonight i'll essentially just be a vanilla anyways, im going to claim.

Im Professor Lupin, I was a great Defense against the Dark Arts teacher. I am nice and intelligent, but I am secretly a werewolf. Because of this I am the Strongman. At NP3 I will change into a werewolf and MUST choose to bite someone. Not doing so will result in a mod-kill. That person will die, regardless of whether or not they are protected. The only way my kill will not work on my intended target, is if they are a hider or commuter. I win with the town.

I'm claiming because honestly, my 1X Vig(Strongman) cant be roleblocked, so hiding the fact that I have to shoot someone makes no sense to me. In fact claiming is imo, pro-town at this juncture so we can all properly discuss potential targets for me to kill.

In this case open discussion is, again, possible because I cant be stopped from actually killing someone by a roleblocker(i checked with ishy to make sure). This means that its, imo, perfectly acceptable to discuss the choice openly, and the need for secrecy is no longer relevant, at least in regarss to this current situation.

Did you kill Marauder?
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 9:40:05 AM
@Drafter- no, as my role states, i have 1 kill, and that will be NP3(this next phase).

Another reason for claiming: its DP3, even if mafia NK me, my kill goes thru(ties into the only way my kill being able to be stopped is by hiders or commuters)
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 10:07:54 AM
At 12/28/2012 9:40:05 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
@Drafter- no, as my role states, i have 1 kill, and that will be NP3(this next phase).

Another reason for claiming: its DP3, even if mafia NK me, my kill goes thru(ties into the only way my kill being able to be stopped is by hiders or commuters)

Missed that.

From MPOV it seems clear that Dobby stoppd the night kill and a vig or SK killed Marauder.
Niwsa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 10:44:45 AM
At 12/28/2012 10:07:54 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/28/2012 9:40:05 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

Missed that.

From MPOV it seems clear that Dobby stoppd the night kill and a vig or SK killed Marauder.

What's an SK? That makes sense since Dobby only blocks mafia kills.

So are we getting claims now?
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 10:50:58 AM
I don't really understand what Marauder's role does. If he infected someone last night before he was killed, what happens to that person?
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 11:30:40 AM
At 12/28/2012 2:39:00 AM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

Say what? The reason that F-16 FOS'd me is because I was apparently surprised at Drafter's guilty on Chicken. This assumes that Chicken is innocent. He is not, so F-16's FOS is invalid. Unless you have a reason for suspecting me, then there is really no reason for me to claim at this point. If I recall right, you had your vote on Bossy last. I too agree that Bossy needs to claim.

VTL Bossy for a claim.

You're right. It was bossy who I'd wanted to claim. Sorry!
yang.
ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 12:06:45 PM
At 12/28/2012 10:50:58 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I don't really understand what Marauder's role does. If he infected someone last night before he was killed, what happens to that person?

I feel that this is pertinent information to give as many of you are thinking Marauder was cult, but he was in fact the Serial Killer (cause Fenrir enjoys killing) which is why part of his role was ommitted.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 1:50:16 PM
Claims List:

Dead:

Marauder: Fenrir- Serial killer
Sarcastic: Dobby- Expendable
Chicken: Dolby- first claimed vanilla, now claims survivor

Full claims:

Budda: Lupin- 1x Vig
Tulle: Rita Skeete- miller
F-16: Mad eye- PGO

part claims:

Characters:

Niswa-Cedric

Roles:

Drafter-Cop

No Claims:

fourtrouble
burrito
Marauder
IFLY
ManisGood
Jordan
PR
Spinko
TUF
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 1:53:41 PM
At 12/27/2012 10:02:50 PM, Niwsa wrote:

I assumed he sacrificed himself actually, but am trying to figure out how marauder died. It would make sense though if the mafia killed fenrir, and fenrir killed Dobby. I am not sure though.

Sometimes the story contains hints, but it depends on the mod. Sometimes it's just there for kicks and giggles.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Niwsa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 2:29:07 PM
At 12/28/2012 1:53:41 PM, TUF wrote:
At 12/27/2012 10:02:50 PM, Niwsa wrote:

I assumed he sacrificed himself actually, but am trying to figure out how marauder died. It would make sense though if the mafia killed fenrir, and fenrir killed Dobby. I am not sure though.

Sometimes the story contains hints, but it depends on the mod. Sometimes it's just there for kicks and giggles.

Dobby sacrificed himself to save someone though, that's pretty clear. What's confusing is how Fenrir died, since he couldn't have died by the mafia's hand.

Drafterman said it was a vig kill which makes sense since Dobby can't block those.