Total Posts:100|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

PHILOSOPHER Mafia: DP 2

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 6:40:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
-- LIVING PLAYERS --

03. Marauder
04. Niwsa
05. Chicken
06. OneElephant
07. Burrito
08. tomvellalott
10. SPinko
11. Johnnyboy
12. Buddamoose
13. daytonanerd
14. SarcasticIndeed
15. TUF
16. Ishall
17. F-16
18. IFLYHIGH
19. Leafrod
20. caveat

You need 9 votes to carry out a lynch.

The day phase will end on Tuesday, 1/1/13 @ 8 pm EST.

https://www.youtube.com...

-- DECEASED --

I will reveal everyone's full role description once they are dead.

drafterman: You are Jean-Jacques Rousseau, a town mason recruiter. Your political philosophy influenced the French Revolution as well as the overall development of modern political, sociological, and educational thought. You theorize about how the desire to have value in the eyes of others comes to undermine personal integrity, and authenticity in a society marked by interdependence and hierarchy. Given that you are concerned with others' perceptions, you are a mason recruiter and can attempt to recruit one player into a mason PM every night. If you attempt to recruit someone not aligned with the town, you will die. You win with the town.

Note: Unbeknownst to drafterman, he was a NAIVE mason recruiter. Because Rousseau believed that people are inherently good, he could have recruited a person of any alignment and not died.

FourTrouble: You are Alvin Plantinga, recruiting mafia yakuza. So, because you're an apologetic, that automatically makes you right? You allegedly reconcile God and logic and therefore must be the best of both worlds? Or something? Wrong. Your arguments suck when subject to scrutiny; I guess theists are just desperate for something to cling to. Sorry, but suggesting that there is an inherent belief in God that requires no logical argument is just... unfounded. You're mafia and you win with the mafia. At any point in the game, DP or NP, you can kill (sacrifice) yourself to recruit another player to the mafia with your Christian-babble. I guess to some who really need it, you're pretty convining.

RationalMadMan: You are Baruch Spinoza, a town oracle. You laid the groundwork for the 18th century Enlightenment and modern biblical criticism. You also came to be considered one of the great rationalists of philosophy. Your magnum opus, the posthumous Ethics, in which you opposed Descartes's mind-body dualism has earned you recognition as one of Western philosophy's most important contributors. Revealing considerable scientific aptitude, the breadth and importance of your work was not fully realized until years after your death. Likewise, your role ability will be useful only after you die. You may choose any player during the night, and upon your death, their role will be revealed to all the following DP. You win with the town.

>> RationalMadMan selected DRAFTERMAN, however, drafterman is dead and his role is already revealed.
President of DDO
Niwsa
Posts: 161
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 6:47:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/30/2012 6:44:58 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
Well dang, a lot of people died. Probably town vig, mafia kill, and the mafia sacrifice. Thoughts?

I bet someone vig'd Rational, FT sacrificed (maybe or maybe another big? Unlikely though?) and idk about drafter.
http://debate.org... <--- please vote!
Niwsa
Posts: 161
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 6:48:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/30/2012 6:47:22 PM, Niwsa wrote:
At 12/30/2012 6:44:58 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
Well dang, a lot of people died. Probably town vig, mafia kill, and the mafia sacrifice. Thoughts?

I bet someone vig'd Rational, FT sacrificed (maybe or maybe another big? Unlikely though?) and idk about drafter.

Mafia kill on drafter yeah.
http://debate.org... <--- please vote!
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 6:52:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/30/2012 6:44:58 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
Well dang, a lot of people died. Probably town vig, mafia kill, and the mafia sacrifice. Thoughts?

Yeah, sounds about right. Huh, I wonder who FT thought was worth sacrificing himself for. In fact, I'm surprised that he did sacrifice himself.

Gosh, I can barely remember the last DP. I'm starting to remember why I tried to play only one game at a time. Anyways, I do remember my FOS on Social, soVTL Social for a claim.

I might actually reread the DP. Maybe.
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 7:36:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/30/2012 6:52:17 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 12/30/2012 6:44:58 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
Well dang, a lot of people died. Probably town vig, mafia kill, and the mafia sacrifice. Thoughts?

Yeah, sounds about right. Huh, I wonder who FT thought was worth sacrificing himself for. In fact, I'm surprised that he did sacrifice himself.

Gosh, I can barely remember the last DP. I'm starting to remember why I tried to play only one game at a time. Anyways, I do remember my FOS on Social, soVTL Social for a claim.

I might actually reread the DP. Maybe.

The question now is who did FT convert (assuming he got someone).

Also, what was your reasoning behind your FOS on Social?
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 7:37:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/30/2012 6:52:17 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

Yeah, sounds about right. Huh, I wonder who FT thought was worth sacrificing himself for. In fact, I'm surprised that he did sacrifice himself.

Gosh, I can barely remember the last DP. I'm starting to remember why I tried to play only one game at a time. Anyways, I do remember my FOS on Social, soVTL Social for a claim.

I might actually reread the DP. Maybe.

I'm planning on claiming anyways so I'll ignore whatever this is.

I'm David Hume, the tracker (the role mentions my views on empiricism and sense perception). Last night I tracked Marauder to Ft. I assume the vig took out Rationalmadman so Drafter must have been the mafia kill (I've taken the liberty of assuming Ft wasn't lol). I'm guessing Marauder's SK. Inb4 he's Marquis de Sade. VTL Marauder for death.

Btw I know people get mad about this but how about a summary from last Dp? I stopped caring about that flame war about 200 posts in.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 7:45:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/30/2012 7:37:18 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 12/30/2012 6:52:17 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

Yeah, sounds about right. Huh, I wonder who FT thought was worth sacrificing himself for. In fact, I'm surprised that he did sacrifice himself.

Gosh, I can barely remember the last DP. I'm starting to remember why I tried to play only one game at a time. Anyways, I do remember my FOS on Social, soVTL Social for a claim.

I might actually reread the DP. Maybe.

I'm planning on claiming anyways so I'll ignore whatever this is.

I'm David Hume, the tracker (the role mentions my views on empiricism and sense perception). Last night I tracked Marauder to Ft. I assume the vig took out Rationalmadman so Drafter must have been the mafia kill (I've taken the liberty of assuming Ft wasn't lol). I'm guessing Marauder's SK. Inb4 he's Marquis de Sade. VTL Marauder for death.

Btw I know people get mad about this but how about a summary from last Dp? I stopped caring about that flame war about 200 posts in.

VTL Marauder for death.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 7:46:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/30/2012 7:37:18 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 12/30/2012 6:52:17 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

Yeah, sounds about right. Huh, I wonder who FT thought was worth sacrificing himself for. In fact, I'm surprised that he did sacrifice himself.

Gosh, I can barely remember the last DP. I'm starting to remember why I tried to play only one game at a time. Anyways, I do remember my FOS on Social, soVTL Social for a claim.

I might actually reread the DP. Maybe.

I'm planning on claiming anyways so I'll ignore whatever this is.

I'm David Hume, the tracker (the role mentions my views on empiricism and sense perception). Last night I tracked Marauder to Ft. I assume the vig took out Rationalmadman so Drafter must have been the mafia kill (I've taken the liberty of assuming Ft wasn't lol). I'm guessing Marauder's SK. Inb4 he's Marquis de Sade. VTL Marauder for death.

Btw I know people get mad about this but how about a summary from last Dp? I stopped caring about that flame war about 200 posts in.

FT was the yakuza. It's just as likely he died recruiting somebody as it is a SK killed him. In fact, I would say it is more likely since we don't have evidence of a SK.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 7:48:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/30/2012 7:45:03 PM, Chicken wrote:

VTL Marauder for death.

Am I missing something here? Why are people assuming a SK killed FT instead of him sacrificing himself?
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 7:54:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/30/2012 7:37:18 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 12/30/2012 6:52:17 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

Yeah, sounds about right. Huh, I wonder who FT thought was worth sacrificing himself for. In fact, I'm surprised that he did sacrifice himself.

Gosh, I can barely remember the last DP. I'm starting to remember why I tried to play only one game at a time. Anyways, I do remember my FOS on Social, soVTL Social for a claim.

I might actually reread the DP. Maybe.

I'm planning on claiming anyways so I'll ignore whatever this is.

I'm David Hume, the tracker (the role mentions my views on empiricism and sense perception). Last night I tracked Marauder to Ft. I assume the vig took out Rationalmadman so Drafter must have been the mafia kill (I've taken the liberty of assuming Ft wasn't lol). I'm guessing Marauder's SK. Inb4 he's Marquis de Sade. VTL Marauder for death.

Btw I know people get mad about this but how about a summary from last Dp? I stopped caring about that flame war about 200 posts in.

In the OP of DP1: "In your role PMs, you will find your character and role. I did not provide analysis regarding the link between the two. "

I can confirm that I only have a character and role. If I am not mistaken, I think you just slipped up.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 7:58:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Lol Social, Danielle was explicit in the Dp1 OP that role PM's included character and role. Justifications or any mentions of philosphical views were left out.

VTL Social

For dat slip
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:03:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So my thought of the kills:

Drafter was killed by the mafia: Because he was Naive, he wouldn't have died from mismason. This means one left: killed in the night. Since I doubt any vig would take him out, that leaves mafia kill.

FT is unknown: I see the possibility of taking out someone who's capable of behavioral analysis (don't tell him I gave him a compliment, he might start thinking I like him) as a likely reason for an SK to use a kill, although the using of the Yakuza role gives plausible deniability to him being something like that. Regardless though, this is sufficient for a full claim, so I'll VTL Marauder solely for a full-claim. If we don't find it sufficient, then I'd be down to lynch on the possibility of an SK.

Rational was vig'd: Seriously, did you see his play? I commend the vig for taking the shot. Killing that single townie was probably the most pro-town killing of a townie I've ever seen.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:07:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
@Zaradi- YOU FOOL, Social just slipped!!
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:08:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Unvote

On second thought, that slip by social is quite interesting. I confirm that my role has no justification whatever. So why does his?

VTL Social for explanation.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:08:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/30/2012 8:07:08 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
@Zaradi- YOU FOOL, Social just slipped!!

I just saw it after I posted? Chill brah.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:10:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/30/2012 8:08:27 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 12/30/2012 8:07:08 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
@Zaradi- YOU FOOL, Social just slipped!!

I just saw it after I posted? Chill brah.

Lol, im chill now brah. How about we cruise down to the shore and catch some killer swells brah?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:10:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/30/2012 7:36:13 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 12/30/2012 6:52:17 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 12/30/2012 6:44:58 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
Well dang, a lot of people died. Probably town vig, mafia kill, and the mafia sacrifice. Thoughts?

Yeah, sounds about right. Huh, I wonder who FT thought was worth sacrificing himself for. In fact, I'm surprised that he did sacrifice himself.

Gosh, I can barely remember the last DP. I'm starting to remember why I tried to play only one game at a time. Anyways, I do remember my FOS on Social, soVTL Social for a claim.

I might actually reread the DP. Maybe.

The question now is who did FT convert (assuming he got someone).

Also, what was your reasoning behind your FOS on Social?

Didn't see this. Not that it matters now since he's getting lynched anyways, but Social suggested lynching Daytona for moderately scummy behavior. If you know anything about Social, you'll know why this is scummy.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:13:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/30/2012 8:10:07 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 12/30/2012 8:08:27 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 12/30/2012 8:07:08 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
@Zaradi- YOU FOOL, Social just slipped!!

I just saw it after I posted? Chill brah.

Lol, im chill now brah. How about we cruise down to the shore and catch some killer swells brah?

Why you fluffin' brah?
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:14:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/30/2012 8:10:19 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 12/30/2012 7:36:13 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 12/30/2012 6:52:17 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 12/30/2012 6:44:58 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
Well dang, a lot of people died. Probably town vig, mafia kill, and the mafia sacrifice. Thoughts?

Yeah, sounds about right. Huh, I wonder who FT thought was worth sacrificing himself for. In fact, I'm surprised that he did sacrifice himself.

Gosh, I can barely remember the last DP. I'm starting to remember why I tried to play only one game at a time. Anyways, I do remember my FOS on Social, soVTL Social for a claim.

I might actually reread the DP. Maybe.

The question now is who did FT convert (assuming he got someone).

Also, what was your reasoning behind your FOS on Social?

Didn't see this. Not that it matters now since he's getting lynched anyways, but Social suggested lynching Daytona for moderately scummy behavior. If you know anything about Social, you'll know why this is scummy.

Can you get a link for it? If so that's almost confirmed scum with the slip and the contradicting normal town personality.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:17:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/30/2012 8:14:28 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 12/30/2012 8:10:19 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 12/30/2012 7:36:13 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 12/30/2012 6:52:17 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 12/30/2012 6:44:58 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
Well dang, a lot of people died. Probably town vig, mafia kill, and the mafia sacrifice. Thoughts?

Yeah, sounds about right. Huh, I wonder who FT thought was worth sacrificing himself for. In fact, I'm surprised that he did sacrifice himself.

Gosh, I can barely remember the last DP. I'm starting to remember why I tried to play only one game at a time. Anyways, I do remember my FOS on Social, soVTL Social for a claim.

I might actually reread the DP. Maybe.

The question now is who did FT convert (assuming he got someone).

Also, what was your reasoning behind your FOS on Social?

Didn't see this. Not that it matters now since he's getting lynched anyways, but Social suggested lynching Daytona for moderately scummy behavior. If you know anything about Social, you'll know why this is scummy.

Can you get a link for it? If so that's almost confirmed scum with the slip and the contradicting normal town personality.

Might take me a minute. Going through 400 post is not the easiest nor the most enjoyable task.
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:19:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Unvote


I wanna hear what Social has to say for now.

Also I want a claim from Marauder, but no pressure is needed yet.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:20:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/30/2012 8:17:53 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 12/30/2012 8:14:28 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 12/30/2012 8:10:19 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 12/30/2012 7:36:13 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 12/30/2012 6:52:17 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 12/30/2012 6:44:58 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
Well dang, a lot of people died. Probably town vig, mafia kill, and the mafia sacrifice. Thoughts?

Yeah, sounds about right. Huh, I wonder who FT thought was worth sacrificing himself for. In fact, I'm surprised that he did sacrifice himself.

Gosh, I can barely remember the last DP. I'm starting to remember why I tried to play only one game at a time. Anyways, I do remember my FOS on Social, soVTL Social for a claim.

I might actually reread the DP. Maybe.

The question now is who did FT convert (assuming he got someone).

Also, what was your reasoning behind your FOS on Social?

Didn't see this. Not that it matters now since he's getting lynched anyways, but Social suggested lynching Daytona for moderately scummy behavior. If you know anything about Social, you'll know why this is scummy.

Can you get a link for it? If so that's almost confirmed scum with the slip and the contradicting normal town personality.

Might take me a minute. Going through 400 post is not the easiest nor the most enjoyable task.

Take the hit man. Take the hit.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:25:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
@Zaradi

http://debate.org...

Here he says if Marauder's character and claim sound scummy, we lynch.

http://debate.org...

"I don't like the idea of killing Daytona for saying the exact same thing I did when your vote came up. Of course I'm a bit more partial to lynching him now that I've seen him support his own lynch. "-Social
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:34:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/30/2012 8:13:36 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 12/30/2012 8:10:07 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 12/30/2012 8:08:27 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 12/30/2012 8:07:08 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
@Zaradi- YOU FOOL, Social just slipped!!

I just saw it after I posted? Chill brah.

Lol, im chill now brah. How about we cruise down to the shore and catch some killer swells brah?

Why you fluffin' brah?

Lol, cause a scum just slipped. We dont need any further analysis until Social tries to explain himself. And i dont see much of a way he can explain this away
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:47:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
If Social ends up flipping mafia, it's interesting to note that he thought it was a SK who killed FT. He seemed to have completely forget that FT could have sacrificed himself. He obviously had some reason to out his tracker results.