Jump to topic:

What did I miss?

maxx233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2013 3:31:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It seems I've been preoccupied and somewhat absent from these parts for a while. Did I miss anything? How's everyone doing, eh?

So my wife and I sort of found out we're having a kid! That said we quickly determined that neither a van roaming around the country, a trailer in the oil fields, nor a yurt in rural Missouri was an ideal home any longer and thus have been working these last few months on establishing a more suitable living arrangement ;) We left the oil fields, cut our travels abruptly short, canceled plans for the next year - and have now settled down in Pittsburgh! So we're back to having fairly ordinary lives again, which is actually kinda nice (at least for a while!) Hopefully I didn't miss too much, and hopefully I'll actually still have time to play a game every now an then!
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2013 3:40:54 PM
Ur having a kid, first off congrats!

Second off, I foresee much mafia ahead of you with a kid on the way, just sayin
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2013 3:41:23 PM
At 1/8/2013 3:31:02 PM, maxx233 wrote:
It seems I've been preoccupied and somewhat absent from these parts for a while. Did I miss anything? How's everyone doing, eh?

So my wife and I sort of found out we're having a kid! That said we quickly determined that neither a van roaming around the country, a trailer in the oil fields, nor a yurt in rural Missouri was an ideal home any longer and thus have been working these last few months on establishing a more suitable living arrangement ;) We left the oil fields, cut our travels abruptly short, canceled plans for the next year - and have now settled down in Pittsburgh! So we're back to having fairly ordinary lives again, which is actually kinda nice (at least for a while!) Hopefully I didn't miss too much, and hopefully I'll actually still have time to play a game every now an then!

Welcome back and congratulations on becoming a dad! I actually mentioned you in a thread about a week ago wondering where you had gone. Mafia has experienced some inactivity(as you probably know is a problem), but it does seem to be getting gradually better. A player like yourself should liven things up some.
maxx233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2013 3:46:36 PM
At 1/8/2013 3:40:54 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Ur having a kid, first off congrats!

Second off, I foresee much mafia ahead of you with a kid on the way, just sayin

Yup, there's gonna be a little mini-maxx running around eventually! Pretty excited about it. I'm not sure about how much mafia there will be once the kid is here though, unless I'm hiding out in the bathroom or something lol I guess time will tell though, that won't be til May. I figure I can get a couple games in before then at least!
maxx233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2013 3:50:18 PM
At 1/8/2013 3:41:23 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
A player like yourself should liven things up some.

I'm much more busy with the cares of normal real life again, but I'll do my best ;) Looking around I see some new names, I've only been gone a couple months, so that's pretty cool. Hopefully no one else dropped off the face of the planet like myself?
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2013 4:28:17 PM
Congratulations Maxx. It's great that you're back. I look forward to your continuing presence in the Mafia community, and am very glad to see that you've already signed up for my game.

As for what you missed, you haven't been gone that long. It's been a mostly inactive period Mafia-wise, although some things of note have occurred.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2013 4:47:11 PM
At 1/8/2013 3:31:02 PM, maxx233 wrote:

Congrats
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~