Jump to topic:

Harry Potter Mafia End Game Thread

ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 5:25:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sorry this endgame thread took so long to get up. Here are all the roles. I thought it would be an interesting game mechanic to give the mafia sort of a mafia JOAT whose ability changed based on DP. However, I don"t think that the mafia caught on to the fact that every new NP power was associated with the corresponding book, and thus they might have wasted Quirrel"s power on FT to prove a point (book 1, NP 1) etc. Overall I think the game went relatively well, it could have ended much earlier as one NP was crazy.

Mafia: KILL MIG
Bossy: RECRUIT MARAUDER

Had Sarcastic not sacrificed himself, the Town would have automatically one as Harry died not by Voldemort"s hand, thus the mafia loses, and MiG died not be Marauder, so Third Party loses. However, Sarcastic saved it, though town was a little rushed in lynching Bossy. If anyone wants the specific NP actions just post it in the forum. If anyone has any thoughts about the game and my modding, just post it in this thread. I hope everyone had fun!

TOWN ROLES
Cop - Dumbledore - ZARADI - DRAFTERMAN
Dumbledore, often considered one of the most powerful wizards of the century and regarded as the best headmaster Hogwarts has ever seen. You are extremely wise, with your half-moon spectacles you give the aura of omniscience. Thus, you are the COP. You may investigate one person each NP and will receive results. If they are associated with the mafia, you will receive a guilty. If they are associated with the town, you will receive an innocent. You win with the Town.

Mason Recruiter - Harry Potter - BOSSYBURRITO
Harry Potter, the boy who lived, the Chosen one, you are a talented and gifted wizard and Hogwarts School of witchcraft and wizardry. However, as a child Lord Voldemort, or You-Know-Who tried to kill you. Your parents died, but you survived with a lightning shaped scar. As a child, you weren"t extremely special, so until DP2 you are Vanilla. You win with the Town.

AFTER DP2
Dumbledore revealed to you the existence of Horcruxes (though your still too young, but oh well)! Your task is to find Voldemort"s Horcrux and destroy it. YOU MAY NOT REVEAL IN ANYWAY, SHAPE, OR FORM THE EXISTENCE OF HORCRUX"S, A SECRET THAT DUMBLEDORE HAS ENTRUSTED TO YOU until you recruit someone to Dumbledore"s army. Every night you may choose a person to recruit into Dumbledore"s Army. If that person is town affiliated they will join you. However, if that person is mafia affiliated or third party, you and only you will die. However, if the person is the horcrux, the horcrux will die. You win with the Town.

Doctor " Madam Pomfrey " DAYTONANERD " TUF

The healer at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, you, Madam Pomfrey are extremely skilled in healing magic. You often mend bones, cuts, and bruises within seconds. Thus, you are the DOCTOR. Every night, you may choose to protect one person.

Beloved Prince" Cedric Diggory " NIWASA
Cedric, everyone loves you. You are kind and brave. Thus, you are the BELOVED PRINCE. If you die in the night, then your students will mourn your loss and they will all lose their NP actions. You win with the town.

Fake Claimer (ALSO MILLER) " Professor Lockhart " BUDDAMOOSE

Professor Lockhart, you"re a bumbling simpleton. You pretend to be a competent DADA teacher, yet in reality you know nothing except "Obliviate!", the spell to wipe one"s memory. You are a celebrity, as you steal credit for work other wizard"s do, then Obliviate their memories. Thus, you are the FAKE CLAIMER. Because you specialize in faking, you cannot reveal that you are the Fake Claimer nor can you reveal that you are Professor Lockhart. If you reveal your true identity, you will be modkilled. You win with the Town. MOD NOTE: Lockhart was also the miller, but this was kept from him as the real Lockhart was too dumb to realize everyone hated him.

PGO " Madeye Moody " F16

Professor Moody, you are a great auror, or dark wizard catcher. Your reflexes are sharp and you were deadly. However, since you have grown old you start suspecting dark wizards are everywhere. Thus, if anyone visits you at night you will react instinctively and curse them into oblivion. Thus, you are the PGO. You win with the town.

STRONGMAN " Professor Lupin " MiG

Professor Lupin, you were a great Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts. You are kind and knowledgeable, but you are secretly a werewolf. Thus, you are the STRONGMAN. At NP3, you will transform into a werewolf. You will target one person who will be bitten and will die regardless of whether or not they are protected. But be careful, Fenrir Greyback knows of your treachery and how you spied on your own kind and thus is hunting you, though you may not reveal his existence in any way. You win with the Town.

Expendable " Dobby " SPINKO
Dobby the House Elf didn"t try to kill, only to maim! You are a house elf who was freed by Harry in his second year, and thus you are very loyal to him and his friends. Thus, you are EXPENDABLE. During an NP, you may choose to sacrifice yourself to stop the Mafia kill(s). If nobody dies that night, you will live. You may use your ability again, but if nobody dies for the second time you will die. You win with the Town.

1X Sensor " Hermione Granger " JORDAN56
Hermione Granger, you are really quite smart! You like to spend time in the library, yet have time to be really friendly and good buddies with Harry and Ron. You are really smart and good at detective work, and are thus the 1X SENSOR. You may use your sensor to find out how many of the Mafia were onboard with the lynch decision for the DP.

Loudmouth/Miller " Rita Skeeter " TULLE (CONVERTED TO HORCRUX)
R
ita Skeeter, you have a big mouth and not a lot to say except spread rumours. You eavesdrop and spread malicious lies through your Quick-Quotes pen and newspaper. Thus, you become a LOUDMOUTH at DP4. If you are killed, you will announce who killed you in the beginning of the next DP through your newspaper. If you are killed before DP4, your killer will be announced at DP4. However, it was discovered that you are an illegal Animagus, and thus you appear guilty upon investigation. You win with the Town.

MAFIA ROLES
WIN CONDITION: Kill Harry Potter by leading a lynch, hammering a lynch, or night killing him.

Godfather (1x Horcrux) " Voldemort " FOURTROUBLE
Lord Voldemort, or You-Know-Who, also known as Tom Riddle you are the greatest dark wizard of all time. Your magical skills are unrivalled, yet you failed to kill the boy Harry Potter. However, you had horcrux"s and thus remained barely alive. During the FIRST DP, you MUST use your 1x Horcrux ability. Failure to do so will result in a modkill. But be careful, attempting to turn Harry into your Horcrux will fail and will reveal you to Harry. This will convert someone to your Horcrux. As long as your Horcrux is alive, you are BULLETPROOF at night, though you still may be lynched. If you are lynched, you will die, but your Horcrux will become the new Godfather, but without the 1x horcrux ability. You investigate innocent. You win with the Mafia.

Role blocker " Bellatrix Lestrange " IFLY

Bellatrix Lestrange, you are Voldemort"s chief lieutenant in his Death-Eater army. As his right-hand man, you continued to search for Voldemort until you were caught and sent to Azkaban for your usage of the Cruciatus Curse on the Longbottom"s. Thus, you are the ROLEBLOCKER. Every NP, you can use the Cruciatus Curse on someone, causing them so much pain that they void their night action. You win with the Mafia.
ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 5:26:31 PM
Framer " Cornelius Fudge " CHICKEN
Cornelius Fudge, you were the Minister of Magic. You are a caring person, but you are extremely inept and rely on Dumbledore. However, you turn nasty when you face adversity and attempted to discredit Dumbledore and Harry, and you were quite successful. Thus, you are the ODD NIGHT FRAMER. On every NP that is odd (1, 3, etc.), you may choose one person who will appear guilty upon investigation. You win with the Mafia.

1X Dentist " Vernon Dursley " PR
As a surly muggle, Vernon Dursley you really are quite mean. You frequently would shut Harry into the cupboard beneath the stairs. Thus, you are the DENTIST. During one NP, you may choose one person who will not be allowed to post the next DP. You become a GOON after using your ability. You win with the Mafia.

HORCRUX NP 1 " Mr. Quirrell " TULLE

You are Mr. Quirrell, the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts in Harry Potter"s first year. However, you have been possessed by Voldemort and now serve him. Voldemort pushed his head into the back of your head, the reason why you always wear a turban. However, during the night you may choose a member of Hogwart"s school and reveal Voldemort to them. They will be scared witless and will not be able to vote the following DP. You win with the Mafia.

HORCRUX NP 2 " Basilisk
You are the Basilisk, an ancient snake awoken in Harry"s second year. You travelled through the school"s pipe system and petrified many. However, if someone looks directly into your eyes they will die. During the NP, you can target one person. There is a 80% chance they will be petrified and will be role blocked for the NP and there is a 20% chance that they will die. You win with the Mafia.

HORCRUX NP 3 " Dementor
You are a Dementor of Azkaban, the guard of the wizard prison. You stood guard outside Hogwarts while the search for Sirius Black was on. However, you almost sucked out Harry"s soul as you do not care who is innocent or guilty, you only desire to feed on happiness. You suck out a person"s memory and soul, and thus you have a ROLECOP ability. During the NP, you may choose to send a Dementor to someone. You will learn that person"s role, affiliation, and character. You win with the Mafia.

HORCRUX NP 4 " Barty Crouch Jr.
Mr. Crouch, you are a faithful servant of Voldemort. You were believed to have died in Azkaban, but in reality it was a faked death between you and your father, Mr. Crouch Sr. You lived at home, but escaped and joined Voldemort. You attacked Madeye and pretended to be him at Hogwarts during the Triwizard tournament. You were never detected, and thus, you are a LAWYER. You may choose a person who will appear innocent upon investigation. You win with the Mafia.

HORCRUX NP5 " END " Nagini
You are Voldemort"s pet snake, and a horcrux. Part of Voldemort"s soul lives within you. You are a vicious snake, murdering and maiming. If anyone comes close to you, you will bite them. Thus, you are the BOMB. If you are killed at night, you will bring the killer with you to the grave. You win with the Mafia.

THIRD PARTY
SERIAL KILLER/SURVIVOR " Fenrir Greyback " MAURADER
The most vicious werewolf in existence, you work alongside Death Eaters in their attempted conquest of the magical world. You find it as your mission to infect as many people as possible and turn them into werewolves. You yourself are almost always in a werewolf like state, regardless of whether or not it is a full moon. You relish to kill and the devouring of man-flesh. Thus, you are the SERIAL KILLER. Everynight, you have the option of killing someone. In order to win the game, you must find and kill the werewolf spy Professor Lupin and survive to the end of the game. You are Third Party.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2013 12:54:20 PM
I don't even remember what happenned to this game but I wish I followed up on my suspicions of Chicken, FT and IFLY - I fail to follow up too often. Marauder played really well - he totally convinced me he was town - as did Tulle. FT's DP1 play was townish as well getting budda off his back. Good job scum! Wierd game. Thanks for modding Jordan.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2013 12:59:48 PM
At 1/10/2013 12:54:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I don't even remember what happenned to this game but I wish I followed up on my suspicions of Chicken, FT and IFLY - I fail to follow up too often. Marauder played really well - he totally convinced me he was town - as did Tulle. FT's DP1 play was townish as well getting budda off his back. Good job scum! Wierd game. Thanks for modding Jordan.

Are you trolling?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2013 6:53:07 PM
I don't even remember what happenned to this game but I wish I followed up on my suspicions of Chicken, FT and IFLY - I fail to follow up too often. Marauder played really well - he totally convinced me he was town - as did Tulle. FT's DP1 play was townish as well getting budda off his back. Good job scum! Wierd game. Thanks for modding ISHALL.

No probs ;)
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2013 7:40:45 PM

I was town DP1 though so I was able to use that behaviour to my advantage. When I got recruited to mafia I was like "sh!t most of these people have been FOS'd hardcore" lol.

Are there any MVPs in the game ishall?
yang.
ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2013 8:48:05 PM
At 1/13/2013 7:40:45 PM, tulle wrote:

I was town DP1 though so I was able to use that behaviour to my advantage. When I got recruited to mafia I was like "sh!t most of these people have been FOS'd hardcore" lol.

Are there any MVPs in the game ishall?

There aren't really any MVP's, mainly because the game was pretty short and I feel like everybody did well. Really it was because of bad luck the game ended.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2013 7:34:12 PM
At 1/15/2013 7:22:17 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
Overall, how well do you think the game was balanced? Any thoughts?

Never make one role vital to the whole game. If you want to do something like that, make it so that it's just harder to win if he dies but not impossible.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2013 7:50:30 PM
At 1/15/2013 7:34:12 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/15/2013 7:22:17 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
Overall, how well do you think the game was balanced? Any thoughts?

Never make one role vital to the whole game. If you want to do something like that, make it so that it's just harder to win if he dies but not impossible.

Yeah, it seems that I made a mistake with your role. Anything else?