08. tomvellalott
11. Johnnyboy
13. royalpaladin
14. SarcasticIndeed
16. TUF 2
19. Leafrod
20. drafterman 2

-- DECEASED --

IFLY: You are Ayn Rand, a town, bulletproof survivor. While some of your epistemic claims are easy to criticize, the fact is that objectivism is one of the strongest and most intriguing philosophies. You will be unable to be killed during the NP, but given your overall goal of survivalism and survival instincts, you will only win if you are alive at the end of the game.

* Ayn Rand was told that she wins with the town; however, unbeknownst to her, she is actually third party and would be investigated as anti-town. Ayn Rand thinks she's "innocent," but really wouldn't care about anybody else winning but herself. *

niwsa: Town Cop
Buddamoose: Town Beloved Princess
Zaradi: Town Vanilla
drafterman 1: Town Mason Recruiter
FourTrouble: Mafia Yakuza
RationalMadMan: Town Oracle
socialpinko: Mafia Politician
Marauder: Town JOAT
TUF 1: Town Orator (Popular Townie)
bossyburrito: Town Vigilante

-- MOD NOTES --

* You need 5 votes to lynch.

* I'm going to see if niwsa and Buddamoose want to be replacements, so everyone is encouraged to be active.

* As I explained in the last DP, there will be a max of 3 NO LYNCHES in this game. You've already used them on DP 1, 3 and 4. Going forward, whomever has the most number of votes at the end of the DP will be lynched. If there's a tie, the first person to reach the high number will be lynched.
President of DDO
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 9:16:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/17/2013 8:45:33 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
VTL TV based on everything that was told before.

Still are better leads than TV.

Also I knew something was up with IFLY's role, that couldn't make him town. I was pissed at the mod for a bit there. lol
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 9:24:54 AM
At 1/17/2013 9:16:36 AM, TUF wrote:

For example?

VTL TV
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 9:43:49 AM
At 1/17/2013 9:24:54 AM, drafterman wrote:

For example?

VTL TV

Royal, the miller, and johnny the bomb.

VTL Johnny.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 9:56:47 AM
At 1/17/2013 9:43:49 AM, TUF wrote:

For example?

VTL TV

VTL Johnny.

I've seen mafia claim bomb before, but it's usually as a last-ditch effort.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 10:10:19 AM
TUF, I don't see how I'm a lead at all. I think you're a better lead than anybody except TV, actually, given the deflection from TV onto other people as well as your focus on lynching third parties. You got REALLY lucky on the IFLYHIGH lynch; even he didn't know that he was TP.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 10:45:07 AM
At 1/17/2013 10:10:19 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
TUF, I don't see how I'm a lead at all.

Millers are unhelpful to the town, and are impossible to prove. Not only that, but your behavior in voting for someone you thought was town, shows your bandwagoning and willingness to lynch anyone. (Same stuff I said yesterday).
Anyways, I am not trying to convince you, so don't worry about it.

I think you're a better lead than anybody except TV, actually, given the deflection from TV onto other people as well as your focus on lynching third parties. You got REALLY lucky on the IFLYHIGH lynch; even he didn't know that he was TP.

I got lucky? I wouldn't regret lynching IFLY either way. With the word Suvivor in his role, it was pretty obvious that he was third party, or that the mod messed up. I thought it was the second at first.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 10:46:23 AM
And of course I am deflecting pressure off of TV. I've said multiple times that I think he is town.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 10:53:57 AM
Danielle, can you replace budda back into the game? He usually is pretty active.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 10:56:33 AM
The general theme of the JOATS thus far, is x amount of shots, out of x amount of abilities. Marauder was 1x, me and tv are two, but One is different
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 11:31:13 AM
At 1/17/2013 10:45:07 AM, TUF wrote:

Millers are unhelpful to the town, and are impossible to prove.
I can bring up instances in which you've FOSed me for using the same reasoning to advocate lynches of Millers. Why the sudden change in stance?
Not only that, but your behavior in voting for someone you thought was town, shows your bandwagoning and willingness to lynch anyone. (Same stuff I said yesterday).
I already dealt with this, and you refused to respond.

I think you're a better lead than anybody except TV, actually, given the deflection from TV onto other people as well as your focus on lynching third parties. You got REALLY lucky on the IFLYHIGH lynch; even he didn't know that he was TP.

I got lucky? I wouldn't regret lynching IFLY either way. With the word Suvivor in his role, it was pretty obvious that he was third party, or that the mod messed up. I thought it was the second at first.

We already pointed out that there are games in which town-sided survivors have existed. It's not a novel role. We've all seen it before.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 11:32:52 AM
One of TUF's points is that TV claimed the same flavor that he has. That means TUF is counterclaiming TV. I'm sorry, but since when has a counterclaim been used as evidence that the original claimant is town? That's total bogus. I wouldn't be surprised if both TUF and TV are Mafia and TV came up with this scheme thinking that even if one dies, the other is "confirmed".

Did anybody track TV last night? What are the results for that?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 12:34:25 PM
At 1/17/2013 11:31:13 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Millers are unhelpful to the town, and are impossible to prove.
I can bring up instances in which you've FOSed me for using the same reasoning to advocate lynches of Millers. Why the sudden change in stance?

Are you sure? I am pretty sure my stance ahs always been that millers are anti-town. I would like a source for this please. Even if you find it, my stance has definitely changed.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 12:36:58 PM
At 1/17/2013 11:32:52 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
One of TUF's points is that TV claimed the same flavor that he has. That means TUF is counterclaiming TV. I'm sorry, but since when has a counterclaim been used as evidence that the original claimant is town? That's total bogus. I wouldn't be surprised if both TUF and TV are Mafia and TV came up with this scheme thinking that even if one dies, the other is "confirmed".

1. I am counter claiming TV. But his role is the exact same as mine wit hthe flavor. What are the odds that the exact same JOAT flavor was used in TV's role as in mine? We are both weak JOATS, so our roles put together become a little bit more powerful. I find the liklihoood of him fake claiming the same exact flavor of JOAT that I am very unlikely.

2. Tv is vanilla now because he used both shots, so tracking him would be useless.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 12:47:08 PM
CLAIMS LIST

DEAD

IFLY- Ayn Rand- 3rd party survivor
FourTrouble- Alvin Plantinga - Yakuza
RationalMadMan - Baruch Spinoza - Oracle
Drafterman - Jean-Jacques Rousseau - Naive Mason Recruiter
SocialPinko - Niccolo Machiavelli - Mafia Politician
Marauder - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire - JOAT
TUF(1) - Socrates - Popular Townie
Bossy-Voltairine de Cleyre- Town Vig
Buddamoose - Simone de Beauvoir- Beloved princess
Niwsa - Daniel Dennett- Cop

ROLE CLAIMED

Royalpaladin - Diogenes - Miller
Chicken - William James - Doctor
Tvellalott - Karl Popper- 2 shot JOAT
TUF -Betrand Russel- 2 shot JOAT
SarcasticIndeed - Rene Descartes - Dreamer (Tracker)
OneElephant - Immanuel Kant- Flavored x-shot Joat (vig kill)
Johnnyboy - Noam Chomsky- Bomb
Leafrod - Friedrich Nietzsche- Vanilla
drafterman2 - Epicurus- Hider

CHARACTER CLAIMED

Bossy(2) - Jean-Paul Sartre- Innocent by niwsa
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 1:00:59 PM
At 1/17/2013 12:36:58 PM, TUF wrote:

1. I am counter claiming TV. But his role is the exact same as mine wit hthe flavor. What are the odds that the exact same JOAT flavor was used in TV's role as in mine? We are both weak JOATS, so our roles put together become a little bit more powerful. I find the liklihoood of him fake claiming the same exact flavor of JOAT that I am very unlikely.

List of possibilities:

1. Danielle could have made a Mafia JOAT that worked in a similar way to the town 2x JOAT, and TV claimed this thinking that Danielle would not have done it.

2. You and TV are both Mafia and you came up with this plot to have one of you confirmed. I think this is plausible given your ardent defense of his claims.

3. You are town and TV came up with a fakeclaim that Danielle had constructed for you as a real claim. This happened in my Brawl game when F16 claimed Xerge's Watcher+Tracker role AND his character down to the dot. F16 never rolecopped Xege; the entire thing was a coincidence. It's possible that it happened here as well.

Please explain why Danielle would give the town 4 JOATs. I find this hard to believe. Normally we lynch people who are counterclaimed; we don't say that the counterclaim proves that they are town. I would be more inclined to believe his claim if you both had different JOAT flavors, actually.
2. Tv is vanilla now because he used both shots, so tracking him would be useless.
He could be lying. Just because he says something does not mean it is true. Also, there no harm in lynching him since he has no powers at this point. We do know that he was busdriving people earlier.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 4:32:14 PM

Millers are unhelpful to the town, and are impossible to prove. Not only that, but your behavior in voting for someone you thought was town, shows your bandwagoning and willingness to lynch anyone. (Same stuff I said yesterday).

Okay. So why vote for me? You have given real behavioral reason for why Royal is scummy, but you have none for me and I am the one you want to lynch?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 6:14:54 PM
At 1/17/2013 1:00:59 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/17/2013 12:36:58 PM, TUF wrote:

List of possibilities:

1. Danielle could have made a Mafia JOAT that worked in a similar way to the town 2x JOAT, and TV claimed this thinking that Danielle would not have done it.

This seems plausible, with so many JOAT's, if all of them were town it would be an extremely OP town.

2. You and TV are both Mafia and you came up with this plot to have one of you confirmed. I think this is plausible given your ardent defense of his claims.

I understand this, but there isn't enough evidence.

3. You are town and TV came up with a fakeclaim that Danielle had constructed for you as a real claim. This happened in my Brawl game when F16 claimed Xerge's Watcher+Tracker role AND his character down to the dot. F16 never rolecopped Xege; the entire thing was a coincidence. It's possible that it happened here as well.

This seems EXTREMELY unlikely.

Please explain why Danielle would give the town 4 JOATs. I find this hard to believe. Normally we lynch people who are counterclaimed; we don't say that the counterclaim proves that they are town. I would be more inclined to believe his claim if you both had different JOAT flavors, actually.
He could be lying. Just because he says something does not mean it is true. Also, there no harm in lynching him since he has no powers at this point. We do know that he was busdriving people earlier.

Except we'd be down a vote, and we may even reach MYLO.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 6:15:39 PM
Something weird- There's 2 2 shot JOAT's and 1 flavored? Why is that?
Disciple of Koopin

Servant of Kfc
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 6:18:55 PM
At 1/17/2013 1:00:59 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
1. I am counter claiming TV. But his role is the exact same as mine with the flavor. What are the odds that the exact same JOAT flavor was used in TV's role as in mine? We are both weak JOATS, so our roles put together become a little bit more powerful. I find the liklihoood of him fake claiming the same exact flavor of JOAT that I am very unlikely.

List of possibilities:

I guess it's possible. But why should I believe that theory over the possibility that he is town?

The problem stems mainly with the fact that you don't know my affiliation, which I can understand.

But let me ask you this: Assuming everything I have said about my role is true, And you were in my position, would you still be so eager to lynch TV? I mean, this is basically what stems my entire dis-agreement with his lynching.

Possible, but seems unlikely.

It wouldn't be the first time a Mod has used multiple of the same role in one game. Didn't you use like 3 or 4 JOATS in SSBB? Also because this is such a large game, I buy it a little more than I would if it was smaller. JOATS, cops and flavored cops, vanillas, etc, seem to be a common trend of duplicate roles for mods to use. I know even I have used multiple JOATS in my games before. Again, though, I am not sure about OneE. I think he just has x amount of shots. He never explained if he had limited shots, with a wide range of options to choose from, like me TV, and marauder have.

He COULD be lying. But is there any evidence of him doing it?

TBH, the main problem I have with the TV lynch is the lack of evidence. The main reason ya'll want to lynch him is for retracting his vote on spinko, which very well could be a mistake. I was about to buy into it too before I read peoples posts, and then read the OP.

I am going to be open here. I will vote TV if I feel enough evidence, or behavioral analysis is against him. I am going to try to avoid flame wars, pointless repetetive arguments, and insults, and I ask that you do too.

TBH, I see you as more of a chance at being mafia than TV.

Unvote.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 6:22:06 PM
At 1/17/2013 4:32:14 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Okay. So why vote for me? You have given real behavioral reason for why Royal is scummy, but you have none for me and I am the one you want to lynch?

I called you out for bandwagoning last DP. Yes you finally gave your reason, but that wasn't til way after you voted. And I've already explained about your role. If you are town it could be helpful to us to have our suspect hammer you.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 6:28:02 PM
At 1/17/2013 9:56:47 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 1/17/2013 9:43:49 AM, TUF wrote:

For example?

VTL TV

VTL Johnny.

I've seen mafia claim bomb before, but it's usually as a last-ditch effort.

So besides TV, do you currently have any other suspicions?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 6:28:44 PM
At 1/17/2013 6:22:06 PM, TUF wrote:

I called you out for bandwagoning last DP. Yes you finally gave your reason, but that wasn't til way after you voted. And I've already explained about your role. If you are town it could be helpful to us to have our suspect hammer you.

If we suspect a person enough to suggest johnny kill them, then why not just lynch that person directly?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 6:32:41 PM
At 1/17/2013 6:28:44 PM, drafterman wrote:

If we suspect a person enough to suggest johnny kill them, then why not just lynch that person directly?

Because we can get an extra day kill, on someone who is already suspicious (his bandwagoning throughout the game made me suspect him).

Though I guess it requires the person we want to die to agree to hammer johnny. We can direct lynch, if someone can find enough FOS on someone to do it on.
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 7:32:15 PM
At 1/17/2013 6:32:41 PM, TUF wrote:
At 1/17/2013 6:28:44 PM, drafterman wrote:

Because we can get an extra day kill, on someone who is already suspicious (his bandwagoning throughout the game made me suspect him).

Though I guess it requires the person we want to die to agree to hammer johnny. We can direct lynch, if someone can find enough FOS on someone to do it on.

Our stalemate is the result of someone clearly lying about their role. It's obviously one of the JOAT's, the question is, which one? Anyone who thinks it's normal to have 3 JOAT's in one game is hiding something. Maybe 2 are telling the truth, but we can deduce at least one lier.
Disciple of Koopin

Servant of Kfc
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 8:23:03 PM
At 1/17/2013 7:32:15 PM, Chicken wrote:
Our stalemate is the result of someone clearly lying about their role. It's obviously one of the JOAT's, the question is, which one? Anyone who thinks it's normal to have 3 JOAT's in one game is hiding something. Maybe 2 are telling the truth, but we can deduce at least one lier.

Why can't more than 2 JOATS not exist in a game?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 8:31:58 PM
At 1/17/2013 8:23:03 PM, TUF wrote:
At 1/17/2013 7:32:15 PM, Chicken wrote:

Why can't more than 2 JOATS not exist in a game?

Come on TUF. There is nothing logically or physically preventing any combination of roles or affiliations. Such discussions are always about probabilities.

Historically, a JOAT has always been a suspect claim:
http://www.debate.org...

So, merely claiming JOAT itself is suspicious, all other things being equal.

Secondly, we have multiple JOATs. That only increases the odds that one or more are Mafia, because it is an uncommon role already.

Thirdly, we have JOATs with the exact same abilities!