Jump to topic:

HvV Mafia: Magician Edition: DAY PHASE 08

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 6:33:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Doug Henning was killed during the night by an unknown assailant. He, perhaps more than anyone else, will be sorely missed by the good and faithful. Meanwhile, the lynching of Tony Slydini has the town questioning what is and isn't real.

THE LIVING
01. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
02. Daytonanerd
03. TUF
04. Chicken
05. TheAntiDoter
06. Zaradi

THE DEAD
socialpinko[1] - J.B. Bobo, the VANILLA (Killed NP1)
Lordknukle - Jean Eugene Robert-Houdin, the HERO OF THE PEOPLE. (Lynched DP3)
Marauder - John Edwards, STALKER (Killed NP4)
drafterman[1] - Dai Vernon - MASON RECRUITER (Killed NP4)
drafterman[2] - The Davenport Brothers, the GODFATHER (Lynched DP5)
socialpinko[2] - Lance Burton, the ROLE COPIER (Killed NP6)
Danielle - Tony Slydini, the 2-SHOT BUS-DRIVER (Lynched DP7)

imabench:
You are DOUG HENNING, the DOCTOR.
Your show "World of Magic" is often regarded as the thing that made magic cool again, revitalising the art and setting the stage for TV shows like Cris Angel: Mind Freak some 25 years before they were even conceived. As such, you are the doctor. Each night you may protect one player from death. You win with the town.

With 6 players it takes 4 to lynch.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 8:09:24 AM
01. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
02. Daytonanerd
03. TUF
04. Chicken
05. TheAntiDoter
06. Zaradi

If there is two mafia, and 1 third party left, then this is LYLO.
If there is 1 mafia and 1 third party left, then then we are still good.

Last night I was told I was roleblocked.

By process of elimination, Chicken has to be the one of last mafia. I have results on almost everyone TA and chicken (convienent I get roleblocked right after I say I am going to rolecop him lol).

I am still leaning on there being one scum left. Knowing Zaradi, f-16, daytona, and myself are all town, and that a third party exists, lets me know that Chicken has to be the last mafia.

Anyways, I'll wait to hear from F-16 and zaradi before I decide who to lynch. I may be wrong.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 10:14:06 AM
TUF, there can't be just one scum left. There has to be 2 mafia left, as TV said in the OP of DP1 that mafia made up 30-35% of the game, which is either 4.2 or 4.5. We can't lynch 3P today, because mafia would auto win.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 10:20:01 AM
Confirmed Town
Daytonanerd
F-16

Confirmed 3P
TA

Unconfirmed (The last of the mafia has to be here)
Zaradi
TUF
Chicken

I think that Zaradi is town, because there is no other way of explaining a Marauder kill besides Zaradi killing him. So the scumteam has to be TUF and Chicken. TUF seems to be the more confirmed of the mafia than Chicken. But from what's been said in this game, there is an RBer. I think Chicken is the RBer. So, who to go for, I don't know. I think I will go with TUF. I think he may be a lawyer, because me and F-16 have not gotten one confirmed guilty this entire game, so a lawyer seems to be the only explanation.

VTL TUF for Death
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 10:31:18 AM
At 1/20/2013 10:20:01 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
Confirmed Town
Daytonanerd
F-16

Confirmed 3P
TA

Zaradi
TUF
Chicken

I think that Zaradi is town, because there is no other way of explaining a Marauder kill besides Zaradi killing him. So the scumteam has to be TUF and Chicken. TUF seems to be the more confirmed of the mafia than Chicken. But from what's been said in this game, there is an RBer. I think Chicken is the RBer. So, who to go for, I don't know. I think I will go with TUF. I think he may be a lawyer, because me and F-16 have not gotten one confirmed guilty this entire game, so a lawyer seems to be the only explanation.

VTL TUF for Death

I'm a town JOAT, posted full role in 3rd or 4th DP. I don't understand how I'm assumed to be mafia even though I've come up innocent. How many people have you investigated and how many were actually mafia? If none of them were, then your assumption that I was lawyered makes no sense.

I do agree that TUF is mafia. VTL TUF for Death.

Also, how have we confirmed Zaradi but not me? He's been very silent recently, and he has averted all attention off of him by claiming that you were confirmed from the beginning, a smart mafia trick.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 10:31:58 AM
Confirmed Town
Daytonanerd
F-16

Confirmed 3P
TA

Zaradi
TUF
Chicken

VTL TUF for Death

How do we know there wasn't a vig power/SK etc.?
Disciple of Koopin

Servant of Kfc
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 10:33:53 AM
I just realized that town has no chance od winning the game.

Here's where we are at now:

3 town
2 mafia
1 Survivor

Let's say we lynch a mafia today. The mafia will have killed a player in the night, so here's the totals for DP9

2 town
1 mafia
1 survivor

If we lynch the last mafia, the survivor wins. If we lynch the survivor, the mafia would kill someone in the NP, then there would be in the next DP

1 town
1 mafia

The DP would auto end with no lynch, and then, the mafia would kill the last townie, winning the game.

So, town has no chance of winning this game.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 10:35:42 AM
At 1/20/2013 10:31:58 AM, Chicken wrote:
Confirmed Town
Daytonanerd
F-16

Confirmed 3P
TA

Zaradi
TUF
Chicken

VTL TUF for Death

Zaradi was the only one who claimed Vig. Our 3P already claimed, claimed to be a survivor. So, Zaradi has to be the Vig, and is confirmed. By process of elimination, you and TUF are the last mafia.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 10:40:24 AM
At 1/20/2013 10:31:18 AM, Chicken wrote:
Confirmed Town
Daytonanerd
F-16

Confirmed 3P
TA

Zaradi
TUF
Chicken

VTL TUF for Death

I'm a town JOAT, posted full role in 3rd or 4th DP. I don't understand how I'm assumed to be mafia even though I've come up innocent. How many people have you investigated and how many were actually mafia? If none of them were, then your assumption that I was lawyered makes no sense.

I do agree that TUF is mafia. VTL TUF for Death.

Also, how have we confirmed Zaradi but not me? He's been very silent recently, and he has averted all attention off of him by claiming that you were confirmed from the beginning, a smart mafia trick.

We investigated one person, Drafter, who turned inno, that was really mafia. We didn't investigate the other mafia killed, Marauder.

Every player we have investigated has turned inno. Every player left in the game, besides F-16 and I and TA, has been investigated. TV said that the cops would not have Paranoid or Nieve flavorings. We can't be insane because there can't be 3 mafia left, so therefore, there has to be a lawyer.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 10:42:51 AM
VTL TA, by process of elimination, Chicken is the last mafia. Zaradi is confirmed BTW, I role copped him the other night and got his right role (He confirmed it also).

If the town doesn't lose after my death, my results should confirm him. That means next day phase you have to lynch chicken.
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 10:44:43 AM
At 1/20/2013 10:35:42 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 1/20/2013 10:31:58 AM, Chicken wrote:
Confirmed Town
Daytonanerd
F-16

Confirmed 3P
TA

Zaradi
TUF
Chicken

VTL TUF for Death

Zaradi was the only one who claimed Vig. Our 3P already claimed, claimed to be a survivor. So, Zaradi has to be the Vig, and is confirmed. By process of elimination, you and TUF are the last mafia.

Awful process of elimination, you still completely disregarded a few things

1) Your assumption that there is a lawyer due to all non-guilty results (Have you investigated any mafia roles other than the GF in the previous NP's?)

2) That Zaradi must be the vig,

3) TA is lying and is either secretly Mafia or SK TP (Use your head here, why would he come out and say "I'm the SK"? We woulda lynched him a long time ago) He may be smart and not choose to kill people during the NP's. Or he is mafia wanting you to believe he's TP.

4) Zaradi has been lurking and relatively Inactive the past DP. He was in the clear as soon as he confirmed you or F-16 and drew all attention away from him. Now we are at MYLO (best case scenario) or town has already lost (worst case scenario).

Here's my plan-

Lynch TUF now.

Lynch TA next.

I am inclined to believe Zaradi is mafia, but you would never go for that. So at this point I'll go TUF then TA.

Also, I've went ahead and C/P'd my role claim, and ALL of my night actions, which F-16 was able to confirm. Daytona you obviously have a short term memory loss if you called me the RB'er, because how did I know that F-16 visited someone NP1? I'm the town JOAT, all my abilities have been used up, go back to the previous DP's son. Your logic is extremely faulty, and that's why towns lost. GG mafia, you win.
Disciple of Koopin

Servant of Kfc
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 10:46:41 AM
At 1/20/2013 10:42:51 AM, TUF wrote:
VTL TA, by process of elimination, Chicken is the last mafia. Zaradi is confirmed BTW, I role copped him the other night and got his right role (He confirmed it also).

If the town doesn't lose after my death, my results should confirm him. That means next day phase you have to lynch chicken.

How do we know your not a mafia rolecop? Your just trying to draw attention off of you, also it's a very small possibility, but you and Zaradi could be the final mafia group.
I'm keeping my lynch on TUF up, if he flips mafia then we lynch either TA or Zaradi next DP.
Disciple of Koopin

Servant of Kfc
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 11:00:18 AM
At 1/20/2013 10:46:41 AM, Chicken wrote:
At 1/20/2013 10:42:51 AM, TUF wrote:

How do we know your not a mafia rolecop?

You don't know. That's why I said after I die, zaradi will be confirmed. I feel I have played pro-town, and that my results confirm me, but not everyone does so W/E.

Your just trying to draw attention off of you, also it's a very small possibility, but you and Zaradi could be the final mafia group.

Or you could be the last mafia, and TA the last 3rd party. That's what I am thinking.

I'm keeping my lynch on TUF up, if he flips mafia then we lynch either TA or Zaradi next DP.

You need to lynch the survivor in order to win. Just sayin'.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 11:06:19 AM
Living Players

1), 2) F-16 and Daytona
We are PENN (daytona) & TELLER (F16), the CO-COPS.
The two of us are known for our left-of-field acts for exposing certain tricks to the audience so they can enjoy their effect as well how well they are executed. We run a show called "bull$hit" where we explain how certain things in society are rubbish. Hence we are the co-cops. Together, we must select a player each night and we will be told whether they are town (innocent) or anti-town (guilty). If either of us is killed, the other will continue alone. We win with the town.

NP1: Checked Drafterman[1], Innocent
NP2: Checked Logic/Spinko[2], Innocent
NP3: Checked Chicken, Innocent
NP4: Checked Drafter[2] (replaced Partam/Jordan), Innocent (Godfather)
NP5: Checked TUF(replaced Johnny), ambiguous results
NP6: Checked imabench, Innocent
NP7: Checked Zaradi - Innocent

3) Chicken
You are RICKY JAY, the JACK OF ALL TRADES.
You may well be thecoolestclose-up sleight of handmagicianin theplace where all earthlings live. Youknowof the art of card, rope and coin magic as well aslotsother branches of close-up andstrip club magicis without peer and you perform miracles that even the most knowledgeable magicpedophilesscratch their heads about. As such, you have a range ofCan only use onceabilities at your disposal, which include Watching someone, tracker, 50% kill, 50% die bodyguard,voter fraud and jailer. You win with the town.

NP1: Track F-16 (Who visited Drafterman)
NP2: Watch Danielle (No one visited her)
NP3: Bodyguard F-16 (Nothing happened)
NP4: ????
NP5: Jailed Imabench
NP6: ????
NP7: ????

4) Zaradi - Character? - 2X Mafia Only Vig
{INSERT ROLE PARAPHRASE HERE}

NP1: Shot F-16 (Confirmed as town)
NP2: Could not target due to being every other night
NP3: Forfeit due to inactivity
NP4: Shot Marauder (Mafia, died)
NP5: Could not target due to inactivity
NP6: Forfeit due to inactivity
NP7: No action available

5) TUF (replaced Johnnyboy56)
Dynamo, the role cop.
I am an american soldier. I am a warrior and a member of a team. I serve the people of the united states and live the army values. I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade. I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills. I always maintain my arms my equipment, and myself. I am an expert, and a professional. I stand ready to destroy the enemies of the U.S.

NP1: Imabench, Result: "Doctor"
NP2: Danielle, Result: "2x Bus driver"
NP3: TheAntidoter, Result: "Doctor"
NP4: F-16, Result: "Alternating Cop"
NP5: Socialpinko, Result: "Graveyard role copier"
NP6: Zaradi, Result: "2X (Mafia-only vig)"
NP7: Roleblocked

6) TheAntidoter
I are DERREN BROWN, the SPECIAL SURVIVOR
I have a background in magic, however I am not your run of the mill magician. I am actually an extremely skilled mentalist and hypnotist, who uses magical techniques as another card up your sleeve to perform what can only be described as amazing performances of the impossible. I am the survivor and win only if I survive to the end of the game. I have three skills...

ONE: You are observant; anyone who visits you will be revealed to you. If I am killed by this person I lose.

TWO: I have a one-shot diversion. Anytime during the game I can use my powers to prepare an amazing diversion; something seemingly impossible and ward off the very next thing to happen to you, including a night kill or a lynch. This effect will last for one whole phase, is chronologically sensitive and is affected by all types of roles (including non-life threatening roles). Depending on the context, I will write exactly what happens in any given situation as part of an in-game story.

THREE: I have a very convincing story; I can safely claim Howard Thurston. Among the other characters selected for this game, it is an extremely strong claim.(ROLE PARAPHRASE)

NP1: None
NP2: None
NP3: Got role-blocked
NP4: None
NP5: None
DP6: Avoided a lynch
NP6: None
NP7: ?????
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 11:09:52 AM
Dead Players

1) Drafterman[1] - Mason Recruiter
NP1: Tried to recruit imabench, roleblocked
NP2: Successfully recruited Zaradi
NP3: Unknown action - Zaradi, WHO DID Drafterman Recruit??
NP4: Unknown action/DIED - Zaradi, WHO did Drafterman Recruit??

2) Spinko[1] - Vanilla
No actions

3) Knukle - Beloved princess
No actions

4) Marauder (Replaced Sarcastic Indeed) - MAFIA - probably lied about actions
You are JOHN EDWARDS, the STALKER.
You are a douchebag who uses cold and warm reading to convince people you are in contact with their dead relatives, even going so far as to research people who are going to be in your audience, tracking them through their credit card details. As such, you are the STALKER. Each night you may choose one player and discover their role. You win when the mafia have a majority of living players.

5) Drafter[2] (Replaced Partam/Jordan) - MAFIA - who cares about actions?
You are THE DAVENPORT BROTHERS, the GODFATHER.
As the turn of the last century so-called spiritualists were very popular and you are among the most famous of these. You would take advantage of people"s trust with simple tricks to convince them you had contact with the other side. You are the GODFATHER and will appear innocent to investigations by THE COP. You win when the mafia have a majority of living players.

6) Spinko[2]/Logic - Role Copier
NP1: Had no role to copy
NP2: Had no role to copy
NP3: Had no role to copy
NP4: Had no role to copy
NP5: Used Drafter[1]'s Mason Recruiter role to recruit Danielle
NP6: Died

7) Danielle - Bus Driver - Town
NP1: Waived
NP2: Waived
NP3: Bussed Imabench and TA
NP4: Waived
NP5: Bussed Spinko and TA
NP6: Waived
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 11:11:19 AM
Stuff to do

** Zaradi should character claim, paraphrase his role and reveal who Drafter[1] recruited.

** TA should out if anyone visited him on any night.

** Chicken needs to out ALL night actions and claim the last part of his role.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 11:22:53 AM
List of Roleblocks

NP1: Drafterman[1] was roleblocked.
NP2: ???
NP3: TA got roleblocked. (Danielle bussed him so it was actually imabench that got rb'd)
NP4: ???
NP5: ??? {Chicken jailed imabench}
NP6: Imabench got roleblocked
NP7: TUF got roleblocked

We don't know who got roleblocked on NP2, NP4, and NP5.

List of Phases

DP1: No lynch
NP1: Spinko[1] is killed

DP2: No lynch
NP2: No kill

DP3: Knukle is lynched
NP3: No kill

DP4: *Skipped*
NP4: Drafter[1] is killed. Also Marauder is killed.

DP5: Drafter[2] is lynched
NP5: No kill

DP6: No lynch (Lynch on TA fails)
NP6: Spinko[2] is killed

DP7: Danielle is lynched
NP7: Imabench is killed

Analysis
1) No kill on NP5 when Chicken jailed imabench. I am thinking Chicken has to be town becauase WHO DID the mafia target that night? The doctor was jailed so he protected no one. Bench must have been the kill target. But why would mafia kill someone that they jailed?

2) I think Zaradi is town. He can't be mafia and have extra kills because he killed a scum, he got recruited by Drafter[1], the Mason, there was no kill on a night that bench protected him and we investigated him innocent.

3) Why were there no roleblocks on NP2, NP4, and NP5? Could there be an alternative night roleblocker for the mafia? We know Chicken is not the mafia roleblocker because he tracked me to Drafterman where as Drafterman was roleblocked NP1. He can't use both track and roleblock on the same night.

Could TUF be mafia alternating rolebocker/alternating role cop?

NP1: Imabench, Result: "Doctor"
He could have blocked Drafter and be faking this result. WHY WOULD HE (johnnyboy54) check imabench?

NP2: Danielle, Result: "2x Bus driver"
This is accurate/Marauder could have checked Danielle

NP3: TheAntidoter, Result: "Doctor"
The roleblocker originally visited bench and TUF originally visited TA but the role-blocker ended up visited TA and TUF could have ended up visiting bench. If he was roleblocker and had his target switched or Marauder had his target switched, he would know.

NP4: F-16, Result: "Alternating Cop"
This is a wrong result that he could be pulling out of thin air after we had already claimed.

NP5: Socialpinko, Result: "Graveyard role copier"
He checked Spinko, was bussed to

NP6: Zaradi, Result: "2X (Mafia-only vig)"

It really seemed like he had new information about Zaradi. imabench claimed being roleblocked so I don't know where he would get it from.

NP7: Fake a roleblock.

There are at least 2 mafia left. This is guaranteed.

TV says in the OP that the mafia have a 30-35% minority.

30% of 14 is 4.2
35% of 14 is 4.9

So, there are between 4 to 5 mafia total. 2 are dead. That means there are 2-3 living mafia remaining. 1 mafia left is too little. Get it now? I forgot why I was so certain that there were at least 2 more mafia left. TUF was wrong in thinking there was only one left. Either he was wrong or he is scum.

Conclusion:
Nobody really fits the mafia profile very well. I can see a couple of possibilities of Mafia having a dead role user as well.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 12:19:05 PM
At 1/20/2013 11:23:38 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 1/20/2013 11:11:43 AM, TUF wrote:
Thats my signature.

Oh, my bad. Can you paraphrase your role?

I am Dyanamo, an illusionist who specializes in card tricks. I am famous for my ability to read into people's expressions, interest, and behavior, in order to psychologically manipulate my illusions effects on them. My inept ability to read others makes me the ROLE COP. Each night I may select a player, and I will recieve their Role PM, minus their character name. I win with the town.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 12:43:35 PM
At 1/20/2013 12:19:05 PM, TUF wrote:
Thats my signature.

I am Dyanamo, an illusionist who specializes in card tricks. I am famous for my ability to read into people's expressions, interest, and behavior, in order to psychologically manipulate my illusions effects on them. My inept ability to read others makes me the ROLE COP. Each night I may select a player, and I will recieve their Role PM, minus their character name. I win with the town.

Thanks.

So, you recieve the role PM minus character name AND affiliation? Or do you recieve affiliation as well?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 1:49:16 PM
At 1/20/2013 12:44:23 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Also, could you paraphrase Zaradi's role PM for me if you don't mind? And thanks.

Zaradi is a 2x vigilante.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 1:49:58 PM
At 1/20/2013 12:43:35 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 1/20/2013 12:19:05 PM, TUF wrote:
Thats my signature.

Thanks.

So, you recieve the role PM minus character name AND affiliation? Or do you recieve affiliation as well?

Nope, I don't get affiliation. Just the role.

Viglante is definitely the name of a town role.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 1:58:54 PM
At 1/20/2013 1:49:16 PM, TUF wrote:
Also, could you paraphrase Zaradi's role PM for me if you don't mind? And thanks.

You said you would recieve their role PM. How can a role PM be just one line?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 2:05:33 PM
At 1/20/2013 2:03:00 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Who did you attempt to use your rolecop power on?

Chicken, Like I said last DP.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 2:06:11 PM
At 1/20/2013 1:58:54 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 1/20/2013 1:49:16 PM, TUF wrote:

You said you would recieve their role PM. How can a role PM be just one line?

I just get their role, mate.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 2:09:03 PM
Okay I am going to full claim for reals now.

I am a SuperJOAT.

I am a bulletproof, Double voting, viglante, reviver.

If I die the town automatically loses (yes it says that in my role PM).

VTL TUF.