Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 8:08:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
GAME OVER!

FIRST PLACE: TheAntidoter
You are DERREN BROWN, the SPECIAL SURVIVOR
Although you have a background in magic, you are not your run of the mill magician. You are actually an extremely skilled mentalist and hypnotist, who uses magical techniques as another card up your sleeve to perform what can only be described as amazing performances of the impossible. You are the survivor and win only if you survive to the end of the game. To aid you in this feat, you have three skills...
ONE: You are observant; anyone who visits you will be revealed to you. If you are killed by this person, you lose the game.
TWO: You have a one-shot diversion. Any time during the game you may use your skills to prepare an amazing diversion; something seemingly impossible and ward off the very next thing to happen to you, including a night kill or a lynch. This effect will last for one whole phase, is chronologically sensitive and is effected by all types of roles (including non-life threatening roles). Depending on the context, I will write exactly what happens in any given situation as part of an in-game story.
THREE: You have a very convincing story; You may safely claim Howard Thurston. Among the other characters selected for this game, it is an extremely strong claim.

RUNNER-UP: TOWN
socialpinko[2]: You are LANCE BURTON, the ROLE COPIER.
You are one of the world"s most renowned stage magicians and a legend within the industry, with numerous accolades having been awarded to you by your fellow magicians.
You often take a well-known trick or act and make it hyper-crazy-awesome-better for your show, therefore each night you are able to copy the role of one person in the graveyard. You may only copy any particular character once. You win with the town.

imabench: You are DOUG HENNING, the DOCTOR.
Your show "World of Magic" is often regarded as the thing that made magic cool again, revitalising the art and setting the stage for TV shows like Cris Angel: Mind Freak some 25 years before they were even conceived. As such, you are the doctor. Each night you may protect one player from death. You win with the town.

LordKnukle: You are JEAN EUGENE ROBERT-HOUDIN, the HERO OF THE PEOPLE.
You are credited at the father of modern magic, with legendary exploits that no other magician can claim. The world"s most famous magician, Ehrich Weiss used your name as the basis for his stage name Harry Houdini. As such, you are the HERO OF THE PEOPLE. If you are killed, the following Day Phase will be skipped.

socialpinko[1]: You are J.B. BOBO, the VANILLA.
You wrong (Damn autocorrect) the quintessential book on coin magic, one of the hardest branches of sleight of hand. As such, you are the vanilla. You have no special role and instead must rely on your own skills. You win with the town.

Zaradi: You are SHOOT OGAWA, the TWO-SHOT BULLSEYE VIGILANTE.
You are one of Japan"s premiere magicians and one of my personal favourites. You combine ridiculously skilful sleight-of-hand with gut-busting comedy to present an amazing show. As such, you are the two-shot bullseye vigilante. So skilled is your magic that your role will only kill mafia. You have two-shots are this, but they may not be used on consecutive nights. You win with the town.

Danielle: You are TONY SLYDINI, the TWO-SHOT BUS DRIVER
You are perhaps the sneakiest magician in the history of magic. Your moves are so cleverly bold (or boldly clever) that you could fool anyone, including your peers. Need to vanish something? Don"t worry about trying to get it in your pocket" distract your audience and then throw it over their shoulder!
On any two nights, you may choose two players and swap their positions. Anything that would have otherwise happened to them will be switched.

You are PENN (daytona) & TELLER (F-16), the CO-COPS.
The two of you are known for your left-of-field acts, including the exposing of certain tricks in order for the audience to enjoy them for how they"re executed as well as their effect. You also have a show called "Bullsh!t" where you explain how certain things in our society are nonsense. As such, you are the co-cops. Together, the two of you must select one person each night to investigate and you"ll be told whether they"re town (INNOCENT) or anti-town (GUILTY). If either of you is killed, the other will continue fighting the good fight albeit alone. You win with the town.

Chicken: You are RICKY JAY, the JACK OF ALL TRADES.
You may well be the best close-up sleight of hand artist in the world. You mastery of the art of card, rope and coin magic as well as various other branches of close-up and parlour magic is without peer and you perform miracles that even the most knowledgeable magic enthusiast scratch their heads about. As such, you have a range of one-shot abilities at your disposal, which include watcher, tracker, 50% kill, 50% die bodyguard, politician and jailer. You win with the town.

drafterman[1]: You are DAI VERNON, the MASON RECRUITER.
A legend in the industry your magic prowess is a result of your years of searching out magicians and card cheats to learn from them. You spent the last 30 years of your life as the magician-in-residence at the world famous Magic Castle, the exclusive LA club for magicians and as such, you are the mason recruiter. Each night you may select one person; if they are mafia, you will be killed and your mason group disbanded, otherwise they will join a PM with you and your other recruits. You win with the town.

LOSERS: Mafia
TUF: You are VAL VALENTINO, the ROLEBLOCKER.
Better known as the Masked Magician, your fame comes not from impressive or notable skill, but from your series of shows revealing magical secrets. As such, certain famous routines that had been impressing layman for a century had to be removed or altered. You are the ROLEBLOCKER. You win when the mafia have a majority of living players.

drafterman[2]: You are THE DAVENPORT BROTHERS, the GODFATHER.
As the turn of the last century so-called spiritualists were very popular and you are among the most famous of these. You would take advantage of people"s trust with simple tricks to convince them you had contact with the other side. You are the GODFATHER and will appear innocent to investigations by THE COP. You win when the mafia have a majority of living players.

Marauder: You are JOHN EDWARDS, the STALKER.
You are a douchebag who uses cold and warm reading to convince people you are in contact with their dead relatives, even going so far as to research people who are going to be in your audience, tracking them through their credit card details. As such, you are the STALKER. Each night you may choose one player and discover their role. You win when the mafia have a majority of living players.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 8:11:34 PM
I don't think anyone is happy with the results of this game, especially because most of us knew this would happen, but oh well.

I still had fun.

Despite what F-16 said, I think this game was well balanced. The only reason things got fvcked, is because of people making questionable decisions, and Imabench and danielle screwing with the mafia every night lol.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 8:12:52 PM
BTW zaradi, if you are wondering how I knew your role, its because you told drafterman in the masons pm earlier in the game. You must have forgotten he was replaced into the mafia lol
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 8:13:56 PM
@ TVellalot.

I bet your inspiration for marauders role came off of that south park episode, didn't it?

lol
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 8:15:38 PM
I think the game was a little town-sided. I probably wouldn't want to be mafia in this game. But then again, town swung the game in its favor by utilizing their roles well. I think this is as good a result as town could have gotten considering we were told that 30-35% of the players were mafia so I am okay with the result and second place. If the OP was true, there was no way town would have gotten first place. I also think imabench, Daytona, and Spinko were key players that helped lead the town to victory.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 8:20:24 PM
At 1/20/2013 8:15:38 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I think the game was a little town-sided. I probably wouldn't want to be mafia in this game. But then again, town swung the game in its favor by utilizing their roles well. I think this is as good a result as town could have gotten considering we were told that 30-35% of the players were mafia so I am okay with the result and second place. If the OP was true, there was no way town would have gotten first place. I also think imabench, Daytona, and Spinko were key players that helped lead the town to victory.

You consider second place, victory?
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 8:23:06 PM
If anyone has any questions about what happened on a specific night to cause the result, ask me (or I could link you to the spreadsheet I use). I can't be bothered typing out the night actions and I can't simply C/P them.

Some notes on the game:
Town was MASSIVELY overpowered. This is because I decided at the last minute to get rid of one of the mafia in place of a powerful third-party. I don't know why I did this; it seemed right at the time but yeah...

Fortunately you all think very highly of me and this mass of town power roles was a source of contention throughout the game. This has a special name on Mafia scum (it's a special law saying that more power roles after a point actually disadvantages the town). Anywho, that sort of took effect.

Also, you all expected there to be 4 mafia based on what I said in the OP because I didn't change the OP to reflect my last minute change.

I had two interesting roles this game; the co-cops and the special survivor. I wanted the survivor to have a good chance. The co-cops were not as over-powered as you all imagined and I stand by it as a good custom role.

The other thing that greatly disadvantaged mafia was the fvcking inactives. All three of the original mafia were FOS'd by Danielle on DP2 or 3. If only y'all had listened to her, this game would have ended very quickly.

Anywho, apologies again for being a crap mod. I won't be modding again any time in the foreseeable future. I also must mention a massive mistake I made. Danielle switched TUF and pinko[2] the same night TUF was investigated. This should have given them an innocent result, but I accidently posted guilty first, tried to convince them it was a mistake and not a mod slip and finally had to threaten to mod-kill them both if they revealed my mistake. However, it seemed they sort of forgot about this as TUF was very convincing with his role-cop fake claim.

MVP goes to imabench, who managed to cripple an already severely disadvantaged mafia with well placed doctoring, as well as not using his ability on himself once. Props to TUF who managed to make the most out of a bad situation.

Muh threads
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 8:46:55 PM
At 1/20/2013 8:23:06 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Props to TUF who managed to make the most out of a bad situation.

Thanks mate!
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 10:00:16 AM

MVP goes to imabench, who managed to cripple an already severely disadvantaged mafia with well placed doctoring, as well as not using his ability on himself once. Props to TUF who managed to make the most out of a bad situation.

And you bastards wanted to lynch me for being a noob ;D
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 9:43:42 AM
The other thing that greatly disadvantaged mafia was the fvcking inactives. All three of the original mafia were FOS'd by Danielle on DP2 or 3. If only y'all had listened to her, this game would have ended very quickly.

Cool.

@ TUF: Best mafiaoso I've seen in a long time.

@ Mod: Maybe I missed it in the explanation (I'm skimming super fast cuz I'm at work), but how was TUF able to see who I switched?
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 9:44:33 AM
At 1/20/2013 8:12:52 PM, TUF wrote:
BTW zaradi, if you are wondering how I knew your role, its because you told drafterman in the masons pm earlier in the game. You must have forgotten he was replaced into the mafia lol

That's a mod mistake.
President of DDO
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 12:29:26 PM
At 1/22/2013 9:43:42 AM, Danielle wrote:

Cool.

@ TUF: Best mafiaoso I've seen in a long time.

@ Mod: Maybe I missed it in the explanation (I'm skimming super fast cuz I'm at work), but how was TUF able to see who I switched?

I roleblocked Spinko, and was told I got roleblocked. So I know you bus drove someone. I made a comment about it, and then you confirmed my suspicion, so I just put two and two together. I got lucky though.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 5:04:27 PM
At 1/22/2013 9:44:33 AM, Danielle wrote:

That's a mod mistake.

Drafter should have known better but at that point mafia basically win so punishing them would have just been cruel.

Muh threads
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 5:05:25 PM
At 1/22/2013 5:04:27 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 1/22/2013 9:44:33 AM, Danielle wrote:

That's a mod mistake.

Drafter should have known better but at that point mafia basically couldn't win so punishing them would have just been cruel.

Muh threads