Modding Whitelist

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 1:37:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
What is a "whitelist?"

Mafiascum has a blacklist thread where people formally blacklist players that they would never allow in their games. Reasons range from throwing games to trolling to inflammatory flame wars to simple dislike.

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread which is the exact opposite of that - comprised of active players who provide enjoyable games to everyone involved. When modding a game, pulling from a list would be much easier than having to think about who to invite off the top of your head.

I started with preliminary suggestions. If you feel there are others, please add them to the list as you remember them. Overall, we can have a grand list of the best of the best who we can look through before we start our games. I am partly doing this so I have a short list of "must-have" people to invite to my game when I run it.

1) Drafterman - Always active on the site, sometimes willing to come back numerous times as a replacement. One of the most ethical players on the site. Whenever he gives his word that something will get done, he does it. Never disappoints a mod whose game he signed up for. One of the most reliable players. Drafterman is a must-have in every game.

2) Logic_on_Rails - One of the most courteous and collegial players on the site who never swears. While he posts sparingly, mods can reliably expect at least a post a day from Logic. Has never been replaced in any mafia game. Is an impeccable planner who gives notice far in advance for any unavoidable scenarios.

3) FourTrouble - A competent player who breathes life into games with his aggressive play. Has an amazing grasp of human psychology and can analyze motivations of various players very well. Isn't afraid to provide controversial analysis and is often the life of the party.

4) SocialPinko/Noumena - While not as reliably active as Drafter/Logic, Social has a great way of getting along with players and keeping the game fun and enjoyable. When active on the site on a single account, he can usually be counted on to be active in a game. May need to be replaced on rare occasions but still a prime candidate for invitations into games.

5) IFLYHIGH - One of the best new players in the game. Gets better with every game that he plays. Can be unusually aggressive pushing lynches while at the same time defending himself well-enough to rarely if ever get lynched as either affiliation. Rarely gets night-killed because his skill is often underestimated which usually results in him curbstomping the mafia if town or sneaking his way to a win if he is mafia. Has an impressive record of contributions to the games. Why isn't he up there with the top mafia players?
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 3:05:55 AM
I nominate you F-16. You're an excellent mod.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 3:07:10 AM
At 1/21/2013 3:05:55 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I nominate you F-16. You're an excellent mod.

And player too.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 7:28:01 AM
I agree with all the nominations in the OP, especially IFLY. I'll make another list soon.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 9:50:49 AM
I never get mentioned in these... *takes shot to drown sorrows*
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 9:55:27 AM
I nominate F-16 also. I've always said that as mafia when he is town, discrediting him takes a full-on assault to just about everything he says. His ability to lead games and get players to sheep is extraordinary.

As mafia, he plays so pro-town, ur almost afraid to FOS him cause it likely will backfire and result in ur lynch.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 5:13:25 PM
Oh wow, thanks. Glad you think I'm a good player, F-16.

The most obvious nomination here is F-16. One can definitely tell a difference in the mafia community during his absence. I agree with the other nominations as well. There's a couple others I'd like to nominate when I get the chance.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 5:33:56 PM
Even though these guys all seem to have disappeared, I would add bluesteel, BV, and Mestari to that list too. I really enjoy playing with them and think they're 3 of the best players around.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 7:20:57 PM
At 1/21/2013 9:50:49 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

I actually would have put you down. I think you are one of the better players on the site, from my experience of you. You usually give pretty good reads as town, and are a good scum hunter. I do think you get a little too red hot when someone dis-agrees with you, though, and you can go overboard wit your flame wars on FT, etc. But other than that, yeah, your really good. If I was town, I would want you on my team as a cop or something.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 7:27:51 PM
Btw, the list is not complete. I still have more people to add like Budda, TUF, TV, Tulle etc. I just wrote a list of whoever came to mind at that point and expected others to continue adding people. I'll finish it later.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 7:56:27 PM
I always particularly like TUF's, F-16's, and Drafterman's games. They are probably my favorite mods.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 7:59:59 PM
6) Tvellalott - Reliably active when he has free time. Is always a big contributor to the game regardless of activity and one of the sharpest players as town based on Fire and Ice Mafia. Check to see if he is free first.

7) TUF - One of the most active players when not at training. Fun to play with regardless of affiliation and is one of those players who move the game forward by presenting analysis. Consistent with activity levels.

8) Buddamoose - One of the most intimidating new players in mafia. A FOS on Budda usually results in 8000 characters of text in response. Has the ability to fake towntells as mafia to throw people off his track. Posts copious amounts of legitimate high-level analysis.

9) Tulle - One of the most friendly players in the game. Makes games more fun whenever she players and rarely takes grudges in-game outside of the game. May need to be reminded that a game started, but once she is into it, never goes inactive and never had to replaced.

10) Medic - Hasn't been active lately but a fun player to play with if he has the time.

11) BlackVoid - Hasn't been active but is one of the top players and often leads the town when he plays. Only had to be replaced once due to extenuating circumstances.

12) Johnnyboy56 - Needed to be replaced in a lot of recent games but when he does play, his analysis is highly impressive and spot-on. Pays a lot of attention to detail. Check to see if he can be active.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 8:16:32 PM
My dream team:

1) Drafterman
2) Logic_on_Rails
3) FourTrouble
4) Social/Noumena
5) IFLYHIGH
6) Tulle
7) tvellalott
8) Buddamoose
9) Johnnyboy56
10) Ore_Elo
11) Chicken
12) TheAntidoter

If we count the former players as well:

1) BlackVoid
2) Medic
3) Lickdafoot
4) Mestari
5) bluesteel
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 8:18:29 PM
My dream team:

1) Drafterman
2) Logic_on_Rails
3) FourTrouble
4) Social/Noumena
5) IFLYHIGH
6) Tulle
7) tvellalott
8) Buddamoose
9) Johnnyboy56
10) Ore_Elo
11) Chicken
12) TheAntidoter
13) Daytonanerd

1) BlackVoid
2) Medic
3) Lickdafoot
4) Mestari
5) bluesteel
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 8:19:47 PM
At 1/21/2013 8:18:29 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
My dream team:

1) Drafterman
2) Logic_on_Rails
3) FourTrouble
4) Social/Noumena
5) IFLYHIGH
6) Tulle
7) tvellalott
8) Buddamoose
9) Johnnyboy56
10) Ore_Elo
11) Chicken
12) TheAntidoter
13) Daytonanerd
14) Marauder

1) BlackVoid
2) Medic
3) Lickdafoot
4) Mestari
5) bluesteel
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 8:29:45 PM
1) Drafterman
2) Logic_on_Rails
3) FourTrouble
4) Social/Noumena
5) IFLYHIGH
6) Tulle
7) TUF
8) tvellalott
9) Buddamoose
10) Johnnyboy56
11) Ore_Elo
12) Chicken
13) TheAntidoter
14) Daytonanerd
15) Marauder

1) BlackVoid
2) Medic
3) Lickdafoot
4) Mestari
5) bluesteel
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 8:33:03 PM
Budda's been playing mafia for like 10 months now. I don't think he qualifies as "new" anymore.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 8:34:31 PM
At 1/21/2013 8:31:00 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
So basically you're constructing a de facto blacklist by virtue of the fact that you're going to exclude people.

No. I usually PM a list of players to myself using an alt account as to who I am going to invite to a game. I thought "why not do it publicly and help other mods as well" by having a list of "must-invite" players floating around so people can look at the top players and pick who they want to invite.

Remembering a whole bunch of names takes effort and I am liable to miss people. This essentially functions as a reference.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 9:17:33 PM
At 1/21/2013 8:33:03 PM, TUF wrote:
Budda's been playing mafia for like 10 months now. I don't think he qualifies as "new" anymore.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 10:10:35 PM
At 1/21/2013 9:17:33 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/21/2013 8:33:03 PM, TUF wrote:

Lolrite F-16 <3 u for actually mentioning me ;)

I haz a mafia crush on u now
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 10:11:32 PM
So basically you're constructing a de facto blacklist by virtue of the fact that you're going to exclude people.

Royal why do you have to be so inherently negative?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 10:13:22 PM
At 1/21/2013 10:11:32 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

I'm not being negative. I'm just telling the truth. If the truth is negative, that's not my fault.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 10:13:38 PM

Like for example i may be annoyed at Fourtrouble at certain points, but i have to admit he is one of the most impressive mafia players on this site despite. Lets try and be touchy feely in this thread and not "stone-cold, i have little optimism.."
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 10:14:49 PM
At 1/21/2013 10:13:22 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

I'm not being negative. I'm just telling the truth. If the truth is negative, that's not my fault.

Some things arent worth pointing out royal, jus sayin. Its called maturity
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 10:16:56 PM
At 1/21/2013 10:13:22 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

You are not "telling the truth." How could you possibly know why I created this thread besides based on the info I provided in the OP and in response to you?
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 10:19:01 PM
I'd like to note that I've never caused a single mafia-related issue or conflict, so...
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 10:22:11 PM
At 1/21/2013 7:20:57 PM, TUF wrote:

I actually would have put you down. I think you are one of the better players on the site, from my experience of you. You usually give pretty good reads as town, and are a good scum hunter. I do think you get a little too red hot when someone dis-agrees with you, though, and you can go overboard wit your flame wars on FT, etc. But other than that, yeah, your really good. If I was town, I would want you on my team as a cop or something.

<3

You understand my "flame-wars" with FT were mainly maniufactured as scum tho right?

I'd hate to say it but flooding a DP is a legitimate strategy as scum. Look at beginner's 12.4 where i flooded DP1 when scum, and prevented all other scumhunting from occuring lol
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 10:24:19 PM
At 1/21/2013 10:22:11 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 1/21/2013 7:20:57 PM, TUF wrote:

<3

You understand my "flame-wars" with FT were mainly maniufactured as scum tho right?

I'd hate to say it but flooding a DP is a legitimate strategy as scum. Look at beginner's 12.4 where i flooded DP1 when scum, and prevented all other scumhunting from occuring lol

True dat. See: Every game where I'm scum. LOL.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.