Jump to topic:

Singer Mafia DP1

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:42:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Singers have arrived here in MusicLand, ready to sing their hearts out. Some devious people plan to sabotage the event... Let the game begin!

1. QuarterExchange
2. Lannan13
3. FrackJack
4. Buddamoose
5. RoyalPaladin
6. Noumena/SocialPinko
7. TUF
8. Misery
9. Mestari
10. Bull_Diesel
11. Drafterman
12. Fourtrouble
13. TheAntidoter
14. TheDebateKid

With 14 players, it takes 8 votes to lynch.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:43:44 PM
VTL frackjack for a character AND role claim. I think there are way too many singers out there to fake claim, for just a character to suffice.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:48:00 PM
VTL Frackjack for a character claim and role claim. I agree with TUF-fake claiming is easy in this game, so we should get role claims.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:48:33 PM
I'm not going to be on long so I'm going to claim. I'm Flo Rida and I'm a vanilia who wins with town. (I hate Flo Rida so much, the only reason that he is famous is because of WrestleMania)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:50:25 PM
At 1/23/2013 6:48:33 PM, lannan13 wrote:
I'm not going to be on long so I'm going to claim. I'm Flo Rida and I'm a vanilia who wins with town. (I hate Flo Rida so much, the only reason that he is famous is because of WrestleMania)

Why are you vanilla? Summarize yo PM. I ask only because I'm guessing Daytona put mostly more classic (good) singers in the game. It's just a hunch though based off of my own character and what I assume Daytona's tastes are (Freddy Mercury FTW).
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Misery
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:50:53 PM
Vote: Lannan13 for being the only person who has numbers in his username (RVS)

Will probably be playing as if I am on Mafiascum, by the way.
Misery
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:51:45 PM
At 1/23/2013 6:50:53 PM, Misery wrote:

/facepalm at him already claiming.

Unvote
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:52:10 PM
VTL Misery for role claim.

The reason for this is that I assume MA or err... FJ will claim by the next time I'm online. Gimme a sec for the role summery.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:52:50 PM

Please don't play like this in the future. Other sites like Epic and Mafiscum are more fast paced and hence the analysis/reasons for actions are more superficial then they are here. We usually have two or three days per Dp.
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:53:11 PM
At 1/23/2013 6:52:16 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Note: I used the term 'Singer' loosely in picking characters.

Mod intervention FTL.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:53:17 PM

Just because I have numbers in my name dah fvck?

Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:53:36 PM
I can get with that logic. VTL FrackJack

I'm with TUF I don't think character claims are going to do much.

Also,
I really don't see Flo-Rida as a vanilla townie myself but... maybe

Second that we need a summarized pm from lannan. Out of the gate with the early claim in another game...
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:54:52 PM
At 1/23/2013 6:51:45 PM, Misery wrote:

/facepalm at him already claiming.

Unvote

Get ready... i'm sure it'll get worse. :)
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:55:04 PM
VTL Misery for a CHARACTER claim. He seems, from his one substantial post admittedly, not to understand DDO mafia too well (meaning SOP and our unique play). Could be a good chance of scum slipping if we're lucky. Besides, if he ends up claiming a power role or something he can at least get protection, whereas doc would never touch him regularly.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:56:27 PM
It says
Lanna13- Flo Rida- Flo Rida, you haven't contributed anything new to music that is creative or new, and you are only popular because you sound of the normal trend of popular music. You are vanillia and can only vote and post in the DP.

Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:56:41 PM
At 1/23/2013 6:53:36 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
I can get with that logic. VTL FrackJack

I'm with TUF I don't think character claims are going to do much.

He said that in Steampunk mafia where Drafter made up the characters. This, like most games, has real characters chosen from the theme, which gives fake claiming an air of difficulty.

Also,
I really don't see Flo-Rida as a vanilla townie myself but... maybe

Second that we need a summarized pm from lannan. Out of the gate with the early claim in another game...

Agreed. I already look at Flo-Rida suspiciously. Let's see his summarization and observe some mo' behavior as well (obviously).
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:57:28 PM
At 1/23/2013 6:56:27 PM, lannan13 wrote:
It says
Lanna13- Flo Rida- Flo Rida, you haven't contributed anything new to music that is creative or new, and you are only popular because you sound of the normal trend of popular music. You are vanillia and can only vote and post in the DP.

Is that word for word? Oh gawd help us all.
Misery
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:58:21 PM
At 1/23/2013 6:52:50 PM, Noumena wrote:

Please don't play like this in the future. Other sites like Epic and Mafiscum are more fast paced and hence the analysis/reasons for actions are more superficial then they are here. We usually have two or three days per Dp.

So be it.

At 1/23/2013 6:53:17 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Then intent of it was an RVS [Random Vote State]. Essentially, the idea is that at the start of the game, only the scum have any useful information, so there's no real basis on which to make a vote. So, people normally make joke votes or the like. The idea is that eventually, someone will pick up on something that someone else has said and be able to make a serious vote, and then the game can get properly started.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:59:32 PM
Note that there's a chance I could push for a Dp1 lynch today (depending on how things proceed of course). I've been doing the data on how Dp1 lynches affect win turnouts and looking at their rate of success and the numbers are encouraging. See the Dp1 lynch thread.

I'm saying this so as not to arouse major FOS in the event that I do. I know my normal play style is to avoid Dp1 lynches at all costs.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:00:54 PM
At 1/23/2013 6:57:28 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 1/23/2013 6:56:27 PM, lannan13 wrote:
It says

Is that word for word? Oh gawd help us all.

no it isn't. It's close but it isn't Daytona can back me up on that... or would that count as mod intervention. Oh well last time I claimed you called it total BS because there wasn't enough info. Is this enough info?

Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:01:01 PM
At 1/23/2013 6:55:04 PM, Noumena wrote:
VTL Misery for a CHARACTER claim. He seems, from his one substantial post admittedly, not to understand DDO mafia too well (meaning SOP and our unique play). Could be a good chance of scum slipping if we're lucky. Besides, if he ends up claiming a power role or something he can at least get protection, whereas doc would never touch him regularly.

I don't disagree with the asking for a claim because you're new here, but don't let him bully you Misery. Do what you do, if you have any questions just ask.
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:02:08 PM
At 1/23/2013 6:52:16 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Note: I used the term 'Singer' loosely in picking characters.

Clearly. My character is one of Keith Moon's Drumsticks.

)
JK
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:02:58 PM
At 1/23/2013 6:58:21 PM, Misery wrote:

Then intent of it was an RVS [Random Vote State]. Essentially, the idea is that at the start of the game, only the scum have any useful information, so there's no real basis on which to make a vote. So, people normally make joke votes or the like. The idea is that eventually, someone will pick up on something that someone else has said and be able to make a serious vote, and then the game can get properly started.

We used to use an RNG (random number generator) on this site like over a year ago but we found a new way to generate first votes. Playing on the site with the same players helps us to get intimately familiar with each other's play styles. So if we know someone is normally inactive a lot we would vote for them early to get their claim out of the way. Or if someone is known to crack under pressure (Lannan) we'd vote them first. Get the idea?

Or if someone is new (such as yourself- hence the votes on you- respond please) they're more likely to slip up and reveal info as mafia owing to inexperience. It also helps in determining their general play style. So there are some rational bases on which to cast early votes actually. No doubt you'll become more familiar with them as you play more on this site.
Misery
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:03:07 PM
At 1/23/2013 7:01:01 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:

I don't disagree with the asking for a claim because you're new here, but don't let him bully you Misery. Do what you do, if you have any questions just ask.

Oh, that's cool. I knew there would be differences between mafia playstyles of Mafiascum/Epicmafia and here; I just didn't know whether those differences would be minor or major.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:03:57 PM
At 1/23/2013 7:01:01 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:

Newb pressure is SOP. I'm not bullying anyone.