Total Posts:518|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

STEAMPUNK MAFIA - Day Phase Two

drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:13:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Died in the Night:
TV - You are CAPTAIN THADDEUS WINDSOM, noted Sky Pirate. While you are a dashing rogue, a pilferer of the rich, and wooer of women you are, nevertheless, an honorable man. You were the heir to one of the richest families in Industria - until you spent it all on your airship, the Sky Piercer. Each night you roam the skies, observing the land below. You are the TRACKER/WATCHER. Each night you may pick a target and learn who they visited and who visited them. You win with the Town.

Noumena - You are QUENTIN NEWSMITH, the MECHANIC. [REDACTED]. You have an innate affinity toward machinery of any kind, though you do not always have the technical skill to back it up. Each night you may target another player and attempt to repair/upgrade whatever machinery they may have. This process is not guaranteeed and can even backfire. Whenever you use your ability, I will role two die, the sum of the die determines the outcome:

2 - Catastrophic Failure. The item becomes a danger to its holder. Should the holder use the item, it will kill him or her.
3 - Horrific Breakdown. The item ceases to do anything useful and becomes an inert piece of junk unless repaired again.
4-6 - "Hmm... there's a part left over." If the item has charges, the number of charges is reduced by 1. Otherwise the item has a 50% chance of not working when used.
7-11 - "Hmm... there are two parts left over." If the item has charges, the number of charges is increased by 1. Otherwise the item has a 50% chance of granting the user an extra use each night.
12 - Supercharged! Items with charges become unlimited. Items without charges now can't have their abilities stopped or prevented.

[Note: There are some items for which some effects aren't applicable. In such cases, it is as though nothing happens.]

You win with the Town.

Previously Dead:
TheAntidoter - Mafia JOAT - Mafia

Living Players
1. DetectableNinja
2. RoyalPaladin
3. Buddamoose
4. IFLY
5. F-16
6. FourTrouble
7. TUF
8. Chicken
9. Lannan
10. Grey
11. dayontanerd
12. Bull_Diesel
13. Sarcastic

With 13 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch. This Day Phase will end no later than 7pm DDO time on 1/25.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:19:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
There was good activity last phase, but I'd like to see more from DNinja and Daytona. Dead players are eager to return to life and seek revenge.
Bull_Diesel
Posts: 1,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:31:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Nobody has posted yet? I'm watching a movie but i'm following this and daytona's game at the same time.

Curious to know if we have other investigatives? I'm not sure TA isn't like bomb or jester or something
Bull_Diesel
Posts: 1,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:32:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 7:31:32 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
Nobody has posted yet? I'm watching a movie but i'm following this and daytona's game at the same time.

Curious to know if we have other investigatives? I'm not sure TA isn't like bomb or jester or something

well maybe I didn't mean TA. back in a sec after reviewing last DP :P
Bull_Diesel
Posts: 1,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:38:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 7:35:08 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Huh. There are machines in this game... Pretty cool.

I think it's better if I don't claim right now..

I want to take back my role claim. I'm a Sex Machine
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:42:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 7:38:29 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
At 1/23/2013 7:35:08 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Huh. There are machines in this game... Pretty cool.

I think it's better if I don't claim right now..



I want to take back my role claim. I'm a Sex Machine

Who was against lynching TA last dp? I say we go after them first. Actually....

VTL Greyparrot Remember last DP, I said if TA flips scum GP is scum. Let's get a full role claim, but also, I don't mind him being lynched. Here are the reasons:

1) No attempt to lynch TA
2) Minimal activity
3) Obvious lurking
4) Refusal to respond to questioning and/or accusations
5) No coherent analysis whatsoever

So I say he's mafia or TP, or just a deadman.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Bull_Diesel
Posts: 1,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:44:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 7:42:37 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 1/23/2013 7:38:29 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
At 1/23/2013 7:35:08 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Huh. There are machines in this game... Pretty cool.

I think it's better if I don't claim right now..



I want to take back my role claim. I'm a Sex Machine

Who was against lynching TA last dp? I say we go after them first. Actually....

VTL Greyparrot Remember last DP, I said if TA flips scum GP is scum. Let's get a full role claim, but also, I don't mind him being lynched. Here are the reasons:

1) No attempt to lynch TA
2) Minimal activity
3) Obvious lurking
4) Refusal to respond to questioning and/or accusations
5) No coherent analysis whatsoever

So I say he's mafia or TP, or just a deadman.

I'm down with that, I was on Grey most of last DP for trolling anyway
Bull_Diesel
Posts: 1,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:44:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 7:44:24 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
At 1/23/2013 7:42:37 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 1/23/2013 7:38:29 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
At 1/23/2013 7:35:08 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Huh. There are machines in this game... Pretty cool.

I think it's better if I don't claim right now..



I want to take back my role claim. I'm a Sex Machine

Who was against lynching TA last dp? I say we go after them first. Actually....

VTL Greyparrot Remember last DP, I said if TA flips scum GP is scum. Let's get a full role claim, but also, I don't mind him being lynched. Here are the reasons:

1) No attempt to lynch TA
2) Minimal activity
3) Obvious lurking
4) Refusal to respond to questioning and/or accusations
5) No coherent analysis whatsoever

So I say he's mafia or TP, or just a deadman.

I'm down with that, I was on Grey most of last DP for trolling anyway

VTL GreyParrot
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:45:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 7:44:46 PM, TUF wrote:
Two of the best players down on NP1... The fvck...

Smart mafia. It's definitely the lurker/people who didn't want to lynch TA, maf wouldn't risk their JOAT DP1.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:46:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 7:42:37 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 1/23/2013 7:38:29 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
At 1/23/2013 7:35:08 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Huh. There are machines in this game... Pretty cool.

I think it's better if I don't claim right now..



I want to take back my role claim. I'm a Sex Machine

Who was against lynching TA last dp? I say we go after them first. Actually....

VTL Greyparrot Remember last DP, I said if TA flips scum GP is scum. Let's get a full role claim, but also, I don't mind him being lynched. Here are the reasons:

1) No attempt to lynch TA
2) Minimal activity
3) Obvious lurking
4) Refusal to respond to questioning and/or accusations
5) No coherent analysis whatsoever

So I say he's mafia or TP, or just a deadman.

Eh, I wasn't around when he did those things last DP, so I will wait for a response before I make a decision about him.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Bull_Diesel
Posts: 1,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:46:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 7:44:46 PM, TUF wrote:
Two of the best players down on NP1... The fvck.

So who was it that claimed Vig? need to pressure them, need to get a claim on who they killed to figure out who mafia killed.
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:47:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 7:46:22 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
At 1/23/2013 7:44:46 PM, TUF wrote:
Two of the best players down on NP1... The fvck.

So who was it that claimed Vig? need to pressure them, need to get a claim on who they killed to figure out who mafia killed.

Dude. TA fake-claimed vig. The real vig is too smart to CC.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:48:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 7:46:11 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 1/23/2013 7:42:37 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 1/23/2013 7:38:29 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
At 1/23/2013 7:35:08 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Huh. There are machines in this game... Pretty cool.

I think it's better if I don't claim right now..



I want to take back my role claim. I'm a Sex Machine

Who was against lynching TA last dp? I say we go after them first. Actually....

VTL Greyparrot Remember last DP, I said if TA flips scum GP is scum. Let's get a full role claim, but also, I don't mind him being lynched. Here are the reasons:

1) No attempt to lynch TA
2) Minimal activity
3) Obvious lurking
4) Refusal to respond to questioning and/or accusations
5) No coherent analysis whatsoever

So I say he's mafia or TP, or just a deadman.

Eh, I wasn't around when he did those things last DP, so I will wait for a response before I make a decision about him.

Your joking right? Read just a few pages in the DP to find out. Your reluctance is extremely suspicious, considering you have very minimal activity yourself.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Bull_Diesel
Posts: 1,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:48:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 7:47:10 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 1/23/2013 7:46:22 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
At 1/23/2013 7:44:46 PM, TUF wrote:
Two of the best players down on NP1... The fvck.

So who was it that claimed Vig? need to pressure them, need to get a claim on who they killed to figure out who mafia killed.

Dude. TA fake-claimed vig. The real vig is too smart to CC.

Sorry. I'm going to go re-read DP so I don't get confused anymore. Brain still fried from polo.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:54:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Alright, I skimmed through the last DP, at least, about the first 6-8 pages of it. Grey did seem like he was trolling. I would like a role claim, but not exactly death at this point.

@Chicken- Call me scummy because I need more evidence before I vote? Seems like a sound argument.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 7:56:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 7:47:10 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 1/23/2013 7:46:22 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
At 1/23/2013 7:44:46 PM, TUF wrote:
Two of the best players down on NP1... The fvck.

So who was it that claimed Vig? need to pressure them, need to get a claim on who they killed to figure out who mafia killed.

Dude. TA fake-claimed vig. The real vig is too smart to CC.

I doubt there was a real vig. A logical townie vigilante wouldn't have targetted TV or spinko last night. Neither of them even entered on my scum radar at least.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 8:00:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I know i'm not part of the game, but I will follow it before my first game. I already have my suspicions, but wont tell them cause I don't know if i'm supposed to/allowed to. I'll pm diesel and tell him my thoughts. if he says I can share or somebody pms me and says I can lend my insight I will post back again
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 8:02:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 7:54:24 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Alright, I skimmed through the last DP, at least, about the first 6-8 pages of it. Grey did seem like he was trolling. I would like a role claim, but not exactly death at this point.

@Chicken- Call me scummy because I need more evidence before I vote? Seems like a sound argument.

just add the info to back up, even if its just, "I get a hunch from the entire string of the dp", and then when chicken fails to combat that(if so) then vtl chicken. btw that vtl doesn't count i'm not really playing
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 8:02:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
my library book is nearly finished, and I have to turn it in on he 25th, so I am going to start reading. I'll check in every once and a while.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 8:05:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 7:54:24 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Alright, I skimmed through the last DP, at least, about the first 6-8 pages of it. Grey did seem like he was trolling. I would like a role claim, but not exactly death at this point.

@Chicken- Call me scummy because I need more evidence before I vote? Seems like a sound argument.

Your argument is invalid. Minimal activity still stands. I can call you scummy all I want, I don't expect you to vote a fellow mafioso. Prove me wrong, start posting analysis, and start actually paying attention to a DP.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Bull_Diesel
Posts: 1,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 8:13:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 8:00:07 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
I know i'm not part of the game, but I will follow it before my first game. I already have my suspicions, but wont tell them cause I don't know if i'm supposed to/allowed to. I'll pm diesel and tell him my thoughts. if he says I can share or somebody pms me and says I can lend my insight I will post back again

You need to talk to drafter. If he can confirm with site moderators I don't care if he lets you in on my role but it's probably not a good idea for you to post in this thread. You're welcome to run your ideas by me in the pm if Drafterman says it is ok. Talk to him first.
Bull_Diesel
Posts: 1,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 8:14:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 8:02:40 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 1/23/2013 7:54:24 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Alright, I skimmed through the last DP, at least, about the first 6-8 pages of it. Grey did seem like he was trolling. I would like a role claim, but not exactly death at this point.

@Chicken- Call me scummy because I need more evidence before I vote? Seems like a sound argument.

just add the info to back up, even if its just, "I get a hunch from the entire string of the dp", and then when chicken fails to combat that(if so) then vtl chicken. btw that vtl doesn't count i'm not really playing

errr... or Daytona. Whatever game we're in talk to the host of this game.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 8:24:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 8:00:07 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
I know i'm not part of the game, but I will follow it before my first game. I already have my suspicions, but wont tell them cause I don't know if i'm supposed to/allowed to. I'll pm diesel and tell him my thoughts. if he says I can share or somebody pms me and says I can lend my insight I will post back again

Uh......
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 8:26:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 8:05:28 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 1/23/2013 7:54:24 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Alright, I skimmed through the last DP, at least, about the first 6-8 pages of it. Grey did seem like he was trolling. I would like a role claim, but not exactly death at this point.

@Chicken- Call me scummy because I need more evidence before I vote? Seems like a sound argument.

Your argument is invalid. Minimal activity still stands. I can call you scummy all I want, I don't expect you to vote a fellow mafioso. Prove me wrong, start posting analysis, and start actually paying attention to a DP.

Now you are basing off the assumption that I am mafia. I am not the only one who has not been really active, and that was because I was setting up for my game. Anyways, Grey seems sort of scummy, but it still stands that I want to see more action from him before I lynch him for death.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 8:31:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Grey is probably town, his claim is not important right now. I'm going after Chicken/TUF and I recommend you guys sheep me.

VTL TUF
Bull_Diesel
Posts: 1,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 8:35:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 8:31:28 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Grey is probably town, his claim is not important right now. I'm going after Chicken/TUF and I recommend you guys sheep me.

VTL TUF

Grey already guaranteed us a claim if we hit 6 votes ( that was last DP) should be able to get it with like 4 or 5 this DP

If we don't get much further on this i'll join you on TUF but I like Grey or daytona.
Bull_Diesel
Posts: 1,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 8:37:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 8:31:28 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Grey is probably town, his claim is not important right now. I'm going after Chicken/TUF and I recommend you guys sheep me.

VTL TUF

I really see no reason to Buddy with him for being a troll. He hasn't contributed anything of merit thus far that I know of.

I stand by what I just said but I don't get you defending Grey.
It is equally easy to troll as Mafia as it is to troll as Town. I see no advantage to doing it as town, ergo, he is scummy.