Supernatural Apocalypse Mafia - Day Phase 2

Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 3:15:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Dead last DP

FrackJack - Alfie Hinds - Alfie hinds was a remarkable criminal. He was allegedly - only allegedly because he was never convicted due to his own wit and mastery of the law - a master jewel thief. It would seem, however, that the best way to convince people that you are not talented in the field of thievery does not involve memorizing the shape of the key to your cell and constructing a new one to escape. It is still unsure how Hinds managed the feat or how he got managed to pull off his crimes in the first place, but what is known is that he had an incredible knack for solving puzzles that were never meant to be solved.

As soon as the night phase began a magnificent creature, the Leviathan, emerged from the oceans. The beast was capable in striking fear into the souls of both the living and the dead. No man nor beast dared confront it, causing a global paralysis of sorts. It wasn't until morning when light broke through the wall of clouds in the sky that the world watched in amazement as an Angelic figure came yielding a sword. It was the Lord, but he did not come for his sons, the time was not yet. He swiftly dispatched the Leviathan before returning to his Kingdom. The sun had risen and the next day began before either humanity or its foes could act.

Living Players

1. Budda
2. TUF
3. SarcasticIndeed
4. Drafterman
5. royal
6. Noumena
7. Chicken
8. HCP
9. F-16
10. TA
11. Bull_Diesel
12. Daytona
13. FT
14. Johnny
15. MIG

It currently takes 8 votes to lynch.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 3:17:01 PM
IFLYHIGH has replaced Nuomena (Social).
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 3:28:06 PM
At 1/28/2013 3:26:54 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm sorry, but what the hell was FrackJack's role and alignment?

He was announced innocent upon being lynched. His role isn't being revealed, only his justification. Players receive their roles, but on death their justifications are revealed.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 3:30:41 PM
At 1/28/2013 3:28:06 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 1/28/2013 3:26:54 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm sorry, but what the hell was FrackJack's role and alignment?

He was announced innocent upon being lynched. His role isn't being revealed, only his justification. Players receive their roles, but on death their justifications are revealed.

Ok. Just asking because "innocent" isn't always certain (some mods have third parties as being "innocent" or have godfathers flip "innocent" but still reveal their true role and affiliation afterwards).
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 3:32:13 PM
At 1/28/2013 3:30:41 PM, drafterman wrote:
Ok. Just asking because "innocent" isn't always certain (some mods have third parties as being "innocent" or have godfathers flip "innocent" but still reveal their true role and affiliation afterwards).

All non-town will flip guilty. If there was a need to distinguish between different guilty parties then the clarification will be provided in the following OP.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 4:01:34 PM
http://debate.org...

See my correction at the end of the DP.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 4:36:03 PM
At 1/28/2013 3:23:45 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
VTL daytona

Well that seems a bit redundant at this point. Care to explain?
#FeeltheFreezerBern
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 5:17:54 PM
Dead:
Frack - Alfie Hinds - ???? - Town

Full Claim:
Bull_Diesel - Ignatius of Loyola - Unknown Role till NP4

Character Claim:
Daytona - Henri Livingston
Drafterman - Chiancungi
TA - Jacques de Molay
johnny - Sean Manchester
TUF - Kaspar von Silenen
F-16 - The Holy Spirit
Royal - Godfrey of Bouillon
Chicken - Leonardo Da Vinci
SarcasticIndeed - Romaine
FT - some character from Greek mythology
Budda - Temperence Cora

Unclaimed:
6. Noumena
8. HCP
16. MIG

Let's get the rest of the claims:
VTL HCP
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 5:19:28 PM
@Royal:

Given that Frack's character apparently has nothing to do with Christianity, and is, in fact, a criminal, I'd like to hear how you incorporate him into your theory of this game.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 5:22:24 PM
At 1/28/2013 5:19:28 PM, drafterman wrote:
@Royal:

Given that Frack's character apparently has nothing to do with Christianity, and is, in fact, a criminal, I'd like to hear how you incorporate him into your theory of this game.

Yeah, I'll second this. Alfie Hinds had nothing to do with Christianity, or religion whatsoever, from what I can find, so it makes me wonder if Frack's character was an exception, or there are more characters like his.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 5:24:45 PM
At 1/28/2013 5:22:24 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 1/28/2013 5:19:28 PM, drafterman wrote:
@Royal:

Yeah, I'll second this. Alfie Hinds had nothing to do with Christianity, or religion whatsoever, from what I can find, so it makes me wonder if Frack's character was an exception, or there are more characters like his.

Well, actually, apparently his tricks had something to do with 'magic' or really good trickery. If it were a kind of magic, it could relate to religion, loosely though because it is a loose form of the supernatural.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:11:20 PM
Sweet mother of Lucifer, this game is going to be confusing.

So after going through everything last DP, these are my initial reads

Town
TA. Two things that make me think TA is town. As FT pointed out, TA corrected Sarcastic for saying I win with the humanity instead of I win with humanity. It's not so much that TA corrected Sarcastic as it is TA's confidence in what his role PM says. If TA was mafia and Sarcastic town, then I don't TA would have displayed the confidence we saw in DP1 when correcting Sarcastic. For all mafia know, Mestari told them wrong, not Sarcastic. On that note, I don't think Sarcastic is scummy for saying I win with the humanity since as Drafter pointed out, it could just be a mod error. Second thing that makes me think he is town is because he is researching scum tells and applying them in this game. This shows a desire to scumhunt, a clear towntell.

Drafter. I always think making a bold suggestion like mass claiming is always pro-town, especially since Drafter's purpose in doing so was to generate analysis. He also was one of the first ones to offer his claim, which is definitely more likely to come from town than mafia. I think the slam dunk town tell here though is his refusal to claim even to the point of death. While he could be making a gambit, he has done this as town before and was lynched for it. What are the chances of him doing something as mafia that he got lynched for as town?

Slight town
FT. Mostly for pointing out why TA is town. I think townies are more likely to have the same initial thoughts, so this gives me a slight town read on FT. I will say though that his inactivity is worrying me.

Royal. This is ever so slight of town read as to be barely more than a null read. It's mainly because she is refusing to get in a flamewar with FT, or with anybody else for that matter. I just can't see her passing up the chance to clog up the DP if she was mafia.

Scum reads
TUF. He comes in right Frack has been hammered and starts freaking out that Frack had been hammered. I mean, Frack had been pressured for nearly a day and he still hadn't claim. I don't know why TUF was so upset especially since he has been a strong supporter of lynching inactives in the past. He even went on to FOS Daytona and TA for hammering Frack. I can't help but get the feeling he knew Frack was innocent and was just taking this opportunity to FOS other townies.

Other things to note
Interesting that MIG comes out of nowhere to claim after Drafter says that we should auto-lynch the last person to claim
I don't know why people feel so strongly that F-16 is town. He was super inactive which really contrast with his normal town behavior and especially his behavior in Drafter's game.

As for my character claim, I'm Geoffroi de Charny.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:12:44 PM
I will be on in an hour or two. I want TUF's claim right now, though I don't mind getting HCP's too. Anyways, VTL TUF for a role claim. HCP should character claim.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:20:29 PM
I find it quite amusing that after I call Drafter out for his character being a necromancer, he pressures me.

I am Nostradamus.

Furthermore, the OP suggests that some sort of doctor or protective role prevented the night kill. So the doctor knows one confirmed non-mafia player.

Also, Royal, I have reason to believe that you received some sort of message.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:23:28 PM
Drafter, your character is super obscure and is a necromancer. Do you mind being nice and role claiming?

Also, there's a bunch of characters that I can't find anything on. Which makes me kind of suspicious too.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:27:39 PM
I've never heard of any of the characters before so I don't mind seeing a mass claim. I gotta catch up on the rest of DP1 and I'll post more in a bit.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:29:07 PM
At 1/28/2013 6:11:20 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

I don't know why people feel so strongly that F-16 is town. He was super inactive which really contrast with his normal town behavior and especially his behavior in Drafter's game.

Honestly, I don't know either but I am assuming I drew the jackpot as far as characters are concerned. IFLY is obviously town by the way.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:31:56 PM
I'm not seeing how FrackJack's character fits in with the current theme we have going. Alfie Hinds is a much more modern person, and is a criminal. I'm thinking that FrackJack is actually Godfather, and flipped innocent.

Based on this theory though, I would say to FOS drafter because he jumped on this opportunity to point out that Frack didn't fit in with the current theme of characters and used that as a ticket to clear himself since he isn't really fitting in either.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:32:26 PM
At 1/28/2013 3:32:13 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 1/28/2013 3:30:41 PM, drafterman wrote:

All non-town will flip guilty. If there was a need to distinguish between different guilty parties then the clarification will be provided in the following OP.

Okay obviously I can't read. Nevermind my previous post.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:32:58 PM
At 1/28/2013 6:20:29 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
I find it quite amusing that after I call Drafter out for his character being a necromancer, he pressures me.

I am Nostradamus.

Furthermore, the OP suggests that some sort of doctor or protective role prevented the night kill. So the doctor knows one confirmed non-mafia player.

Actually it suggests some sort of global/universal ability that stopped all night kills.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:33:51 PM
At 1/28/2013 6:23:28 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
Drafter, your character is super obscure and is a necromancer. Do you mind being nice and role claiming?

Also, there's a bunch of characters that I can't find anything on. Which makes me kind of suspicious too.

Like Bull, my role is somewhat unknown. I have abilities, but I don't know what they are until I get them.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:35:03 PM
At 1/28/2013 6:32:58 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 1/28/2013 6:20:29 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:

I am Nostradamus.

Actually it suggests some sort of global/universal ability that stopped all night kills.

The way I interpreted it was that the Leviathon is a metaphor for a mafia night kill, and the angelic guy was a doctor and saved the target in the sense that he warded off the night kill, not in the usual sense of curing the target of wounds.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:35:05 PM
At 1/25/2013 5:34:13 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 1/25/2013 5:26:40 PM, Mestari wrote:
Oh, I forgot to note that there are no role justifications in your pms. However when you are killed all that will be posted is background info about your character, which is the previously excluded justification, but it will not state the role.

Will that include the affiliation?

I find this question from HCP an odd one. I normally assumed that affiliations will be provided along with the role justification but I was wrong although I never thought about it. Why ask it?
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:37:25 PM
At 1/28/2013 6:33:51 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 1/28/2013 6:23:28 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:

Like Bull, my role is somewhat unknown. I have abilities, but I don't know what they are until I get them.

Do you mind paraphrasing? Since you've already "role" claimed and all.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:38:20 PM
Yeah, TA is town. The confidence with which he corrects Sarcastic is what is indicative of town. Even if scum got the town win condition (which I am pretty sure Mestari would give them), TA would wonder whether he got the wrong one instead of being confident that he is the one who is right. So, one less person to worry about.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:38:47 PM
At 1/28/2013 6:35:05 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 1/25/2013 5:34:13 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 1/25/2013 5:26:40 PM, Mestari wrote:
Oh, I forgot to note that there are no role justifications in your pms. However when you are killed all that will be posted is background info about your character, which is the previously excluded justification, but it will not state the role.

Will that include the affiliation?

I find this question from HCP an odd one. I normally assumed that affiliations will be provided along with the role justification but I was wrong although I never thought about it. Why ask it?

He said "all that will be posted is background info". I was not sure if affiliation was included in what Mestari deemd to be background info.