Total Posts:156|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

STEAMPUNK MAFIA - End Game

drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 12:14:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Mafia and Third Party Win!

Dramatis Personae
Town:
Chicken: You are FRANKLIN NEWSMITH, the INVENTOR. You and your brother QUENTIN are Mechanique's finest employees. You are currently Director of Research and Development and have, at your disposal, a variety of materials and ingredients you can combine to create fantastic machinery! You may, at your discretion, give out raw ingredients, as is, which bestow modest abilities upon the beneficiaries of your actions. The raw ingredients in your inventory are:

Tunsgten Plating - This thick plating is capable of withstanding a great deal of punishment. The holder of this item is granted: 1x Bulletproof.'

Brass Tube - A shiny brass tube. Who doesn't like shiny brass tubes? It is no ordinary tube, and is inset with various lenses and mechanisms, allowing you to see afar. The holder of this item is granted: 1x Tracker

Steel Blade - That's it. Just a blade. Without a handle this component cannot be used except in the most dire of circumstances, such as when the holder is near death. The holder of this item is granted: Hunter

Magnet - Not just any magnet, but a powerful electromagnet. When aimed at a specific spot, all metallic items will be drawn to the holder. The holder of this item is granted: Bodyguard

You have an unlimited supply of each item, but may pass out only one each night.

But, what fun are these trinkets? Instead of just handing out these items, you can combine them to create more advanced items that you can give out. You may combine up to 3 components, using no component more than once. The machine will be ready depending on how many components are used. A machine built from 2 components on NP1 can be given out NP2. Each additional component increases the wait by a night phase. Also, since your process is partly intuitive, you don't know what these machines will do until after you create them. Simply tell me which components you wish to combine and it will be done!

You win with the Town.

[Here are the other inventions he could have made:]

"Sneak-o-Box (Tungsten Plating + Brass Tube) - This box is just large enough for a person to hide in. On the outside are various scopes and lenses, which, through the use of mirrors and magnification lenses, provides the occupant of the box with a display of activity outside. The holder of this machine is granted: 2x Watcher

Spring-loaded Whirly Blades (Tungsten Plating + Steel Blade) - This metal shirt appears to be rather mundane, but it hids a great weapon. The shirt is actually composed of two sheets of Tungsten Plating, hiding a vast array of springs and blades. Should the wearer succumb to any harm, the latches holding the two sheets together will release, and the entire thing thing will open flinging deadly blades in every direction, killing the wearer and killer both. The holder of this machine is granted: Bomb.

No-Zone! (Tunsgten Plating + Magnet) - This box is just large enough for a person to hide in. The outside is covered in a matrix of magnets set to reverse polarity, repelling any attacks. However, this protection requires the occupant remain inside the box, forfeiting the ability to do anything else. The holder of this machine is granted: 2x Jailkeeper.

Sword-Chucks (Brass Tube + Steel Blade) - A rather simple machine. It is a pipe connected to a sword by a chain. The holder of this machine is granted: 2x Vigilante.

Morality Compass (Brass Tube + Magnet) - The lenses of this tube have been replaced with small magnetics, configured to respond to an individual's own ""moral compass."" The use of this machine will reflect the state of their compass, revealing their true alignment. The holder of this machine is granted: 2x Cop.

Homing Sword - (Steel Blade + Magnet) - This blade is fitted with configurable magnetics that allow the wielder to program it to fly at a person of their chosing. However, they must be out in the open, meaning this will only successfully work in the day time. As such, they cannot hide their identity when using this weapon. The holder of this machine is granted: 1x Sheriff

Sword Golem - (Tunsgten Plating + Brass Tube + Steel Blade - This is a huge machine built from armor plating, tubes, gears and has two giant blades for hands. It is programmed to protect its owner at all costs. However, it is simplistic: it will kill anyone that visits its owner. It is also slow: the visiter will still be able to do whatever it is they were trying to do before they are killed. The holder of this machine is granted: 2x PGO.

Heart Zapper - (Tunsgten Plating + Brass Tube + Magnet) - Wires connect the magnets to semi-metallic paddles created from the plates and tubes. When placed on another individual, it will shock them back to life! The holder of this machine is granted: 2x Doctor.

The Questioner - This contraption fits over a person's head. Through sophisticated technology, it learns the full identity of the wearer. The technology operates thusly: It scares the sh1t out of whoever is wearing it and they confess their role willing. Very effective. The holder of this machine is granted: 1x Rolecop."

Grey: You are CONSTABLE LAWRENCE MACULLEN, the COP. Since the death of Henry Wellston, there has been an increase in crime in the City of Industria and you have been put in charge of discovering why. While it is expected that the death of such a famous figure should have repurcussions, you can't help but feel as though the recent chaos is being orchestrated by some hidden group. Each night you may investigate another player and learn whether or not they win with the Town. You win with the Town.

Lannan: You are DR. GEORGIA MALLERS, head Surgeon of Industria's primary hospital. You are the DOCTOR. Each night you may protect another player from one kill attempt. You win with the Town.

FourTrouble - Oracle
F-16(2) - Vanilla
Noumena(2) - Roleblocker - Town
F-16(1) - Journalist - Town
Sarcastic - Vigilante - Town
TV(1) - Tracker/Watcher - Town
Noumena(1) - Mechanic - Town

THIRD PARTY:
Bull: You are THE CLOCKWORK MAN. You are a soulless machine built and designed by VICTOR ZEKSTROM. Your purpose: Kill. Each night, you may kill another player. You are the SERIAL KILLER. Your artificial construction makes you immune to all forms of death except explosives. You are BULLETPROOF. Your programming makes you a relentless killing machine, and nothing can stop your kills. You are STRONG and your kills break all forms of protection. The only caveat is: you cannot act on your own, you must be sent out by your creator. You when Zekstrom and/or his machines are in the majority.

TUF - Mad Scientist - Third Party

MAFIA:
royal: You are PRESTON BOONE, primary "inventor" for Steamtech Inc. In reality, you are little more than a THIEF. Your "contributions" to your company have involved little more than you stealing others' inventions and passing them off as your own. Each night you may perform one of the following actions:

1. Visit another player. You will steal one item, at random, in their posession. If they have no items, nothing will happen.
2. Visit another player. You may give them one item in your posession.

You win with the Mafia.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 12:16:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
MAFIA (cont'd):
IFLY: You are BRENNAN JONES, head mechanic for Steamtech, Inc. However, your talents are usually used to sabotage the work of others. You are the SABOTEUR. Each night you may select another individual. If they have any items, you will sabotage one at random. Sabotaging will imbue one of the following effects, selected at random:

1. Break - The object will appear to work as normal, but will actually do nothing.
2. Backfire - If the object has targets, it will automatically target its user when used. Otherwise this counts as #1.
3. Spin out of Control - If the object has targets, it will randomize its targets when used. Otheriwse this counts as #1.
4. Explode - When used, this object will explode, killing its owner.

Buddamoose - Godfather
TheAntidoter - MAFIA Joat

Night Actions:
NP1
Town
DetectableNinja - Roleblocker - Waive
TV(1) - Tracker/Watcher - Track/Watch F-16(1), (F-16(1) was visited by TV(1), Royal, visited Chicken); Killed by Bull
F-16(1) - Follower/Snoop/Special - Follow Chicken (Working on an Invention)*
FourTrouble - Oracle - Target TV(1) (Success)
Noumena(1) - Mechanic - Waive; Killed by IFLY
Chicken - Inventor - Invent Questioner (Ready by NP3)
Lannan - Doctor - Protect Bull (Success)
Grey - Cop - Investigate TV(1) (Wins with the Town)
Daytonanerd - Vanilla - N/A
Sarcastic - Vigilante - Waive

THIRD PARTY
TUF - Mentor - N/A
Bull_Diesel - BP/Strong SK - Kill TV

MAFIA
RoyalPaladin - Thief - Steal from F-16(1) (Nothing to Steal)
Buddamoose - GF - N/A
IFLY - Saboteur - Sabtoage Sarcastic (Success); Kill Noumena (Success)

* - Since Chicken didn't 'visit' anyone, F-16 shouldn't have gotten any results.

NP2
TOWN
Noumena(2) (DetectableNinja) - Roleblocker - Roleblock Budda (No Effect)
F-16(1) - Folllower/Snoop/Special - Follow FourTrouble (No Results); Killed by IFLY
FourTrouble - Oracle - Royal (Success)
Chicken - Inventor - Invent Swordchucks (Ready by NP3)
Lannan - Doctor - Protect Grey (Success)
Grey - Cop - Investigate TV(2) (Wins with the Town)
TV(2) (dayontanerd) - Vanilla - N/A (N/A)
Sarcastic - Vigilante - Kill Daytona (Sabotaged weapon redirects to self, dies)

THIRD PARTY
Bull_Diesel - BP Survivor - N/A

MAFIA
RoyalPaladin - Thief - Steal from Noumena(2) (Nothing to Steal)
Buddamoose - GF - N/A
IFLY - Saboteur - Sabotage Chicken (Nothing to Sabotage); Kill F-16(1) (Success)

NP3
TOWN
FourTrouble - Oracle - Budda
Chicken - Inventor - Use The Questioner on Budda (Sabotaged weapon rediects to self, gets own role); Give Sword-Chucks to F-16(2) (Success); Invent Sword Golem (Ready by NP6)
Lannan - Doctor - Protect Grey
Grey - Cop - Investigate FT (Wins with the Town)
F-16(2) (TV(2), dayontanerd) - Vanilla - Receives Sword-Chucks, Dies

THIRD PARTY
Bull_Diesel - BP Survivor - N/A

RoyalPaladin - Thief - Greyparrot
Buddamoose - GF - N/A
IFLY - Saboteur - Sabotage Chicken (Success); Kill F-16

NP4
TOWN
Chicken - Inventor - Irrelevant
Lannan - Doctor - Irrelevant
Grey - Cop - Irrelevant

THIRD PARTY
Bull_Diesel - BP Survivor - N/A

RoyalPaladin - Thief - Steal from Lannan
Buddamoose - GF - N/A
IFLY - Saboteur - Sabotage Chicken; Kill Lannan
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 12:30:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
All in all, this game was a fvcking disaster, IMO. Both from a design and game play perspective.

Design
Originally, this was a 20 player game. However, I got requests from people to shrink it down to 16, and so I did. This required a quick redesign, and I don't think it was for the better. There were other characters like Sarcastic's that started with Items, but those were the ones that ended up getting removed. That basically made Chicken the only real source of items in the game. As a result, Items did not play as much of a part as I had wished.

TUF and Bull were originally Danielle and TUF. Originally, there was no recruitment ability. Danielle immediately balked at this, saying it was impossible to win. We argued, and I tried to compromise with giving the Mad Scientist the ability to recruit of the Clockwork Man was lynched (though recruits loses the BP and Strong) as well as converting the Clockwork Man into a survivor if the Mad Scientist was lynched (having to survive until another faction wins, rather than being the only player left). She wanted to continue to argue, rather than compromise, so, as per her request, I replaced her.

The OP. Jesus Christ people. What a fvcking disaster. I don't put pertinent information in the OPs. I simply don't. Go back and read my games. The Batman game, the CYOA game. OPs are flavor only. I had people bitching me out because my imaginary universe based off of an imaginary alternative history with imaginary companies and imaginary characters didn't reflect the type of corporate structures we see in reality. REALLY? WHAT THE HELL! So, it's fine for me to have a character that can literally convert human beings into mindless killing machines based off of steam-punk technology, but god forbid I don't accurately portray the precisely relationships between corporate entities?!

Game Play
Inactivity fvcking sucks. But there were some bone-head moves by the players
1. The pressure on Chicken. He was related to Noumena(1), who flipped town, F-16 saw that he was inventing a machine, and inventors are almost exclusively Town. Yes, the results were a mistake, but rather than ask me, he immediately went off on this theory that Chicken was some sort of ninja that could fake his results to F-16. I'm not sure how that was supposed to work. This forced Chicken to out his role which is good and bad, as the mafia now knew to spare him, so they could steal/sabotage his inventions.

2. Mafia all claiming to be part of Steamtech. They tried to blame me for this, because of the typo in the OP (Steamworks), but, really? All of your PMs say Steamtech. If you claim Steamtech and one of you flips Steamtech, you are all instantly incriminated. That had nothing to do with anything in any OP. The only reason I redacted from TA's role was because he didn't work for Steamtech, he worked for Budda's character directly and call that character out by name. I had promised that they could use their character's names, so I redacted that part out.

3. TUF and Bull try to buss each other. I understand that this was to disassociate them in the game thread, but it got a little out of hand and TUF ended up dying because of it.

4. The lynch of FourTrouble. I'll say this now: FourTrouble was the best player in this game, by far. He had the game figured out (Mechanique vs. Steamtech, the organization of the Mafia, etc.) Yet, despite there being an Innocent report on him from the Cop, the mafia managed to get enough people to vote him to get a mislynch (Bull/Lannan). At MYLO, if you aren't sure of who is scum, you VTNL. Why? Because if you're wrong, you lose the game, and you did.

5. Yes. I made some mistakes. There were some typos and a failure to anticipate certain scenarios. But between people bitching me out about the game design and balance (Danielle wasn't the only one), I quickly stopped enjoying modding this game. People continued to Cut and Paste their roles and talk about the DP1 OP despite the rules against it, but, at that point, I didn't care and enforcing the rules would have resulted in mod-killing half the players.
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 12:43:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Definitely not my best game ever. Unfortunately most activity in this game took place during my school hours.

The main reason I tried bussing BD so much was to seem consistent. Most people who have been getting on me lately have been getting on me because they think I am sheeping, mainly FT for example. I wanted to seem consistent.

I am surprised that BD didn't end up dying even after outting he was third party. Good job Bull!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 12:54:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Good game. Even if you think it was a disaster Drafter, I still enjoyed it. It came really close there at the end and FT pretty much had us all figured out and then.... I don't know what happened, FT ended up getting lynched somehow. Over Budda. Wow.

There was a couple things that could have been prevented like Social's(sorry, but I don't even remember how to spell his other username) lynch. I mean c'mon, you have two inactive players and the mod refuses to replace the one that is on the verge of getting lynched? That should have gave away that Social was town. But town did have their moments, including figuring out Steamtech was probably mafia. On that note, I don't really blame you for that Drafter. That was entirely the mafia's fault. Everybody was claiming to work for Mechanique's, and then me and Budda had to go against the flow and claim to work for steamtech. Honestly though, just the fact that we all worked for steamtech should have given it away. W/e, I didn't really put much thought into the design of this game.

FT definitely deserves the MVP. He was really the only one making any sense, and he pretty much had us all figured out. Plus, I was impressed, not mad, when he figured out steamtech=mafia. Again, fail on the mafia's part.

GG. It was highly enjoyable even if I was inactive for alot of it.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 12:56:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/2/2013 12:43:26 PM, TUF wrote:
Definitely not my best game ever. Unfortunately most activity in this game took place during my school hours.

The main reason I tried bussing BD so much was to seem consistent. Most people who have been getting on me lately have been getting on me because they think I am sheeping, mainly FT for example. I wanted to seem consistent.

I am surprised that BD didn't end up dying even after outting he was third party. Good job Bull!

I've noticed that town don't usually want to lynch TP even when they've outed themselves. Happened to me in Walmart(Ober had to kill me), happened in TV's game, and it happened in this one.
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 12:57:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
1st game on mafia team- And I sucked.

Thank you mafia for knowing how to come back from my failures.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 1:00:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I think the game was very well-balanced and well designed. @ Drafter, sorry about interpreting the OP literally. Regardless of whether the OP is relevant or not, I think it is generally expected that players try to get clues from it. I had genuinely thought that there were clues hidden in the OP to help the town get on the right track. I don't get why other players would be irritated by OP interpretations. I think when the OP co-incidentally implicated Budda, that must have been source of aggravation but then again, town sometimes gets lucky.

I was also wrong about IFLY. This was a big mistake - confirming him. I don't know what TA's role was meant to be used for - redirection immune from who? I wish Spinko/Noumena was active. He would have been confirmed when he claimed which would have avoided a surefire mislynch. I don't know if that method of confirmation was valid though since IFLY would have been confirmed as well but then we would have to choose between IFLY and Spinko. On the mafia side, I think all three of IFLY, Budda, and Royal played extremely well. I had townreads on all of them but to be honest, I had townreads on every player so I must have been doing something wrong. I had fleeting suspicions of Royal and Budda: Royal because her character was so similar to mine. I posted in my role PM that she was mafia yet managed to completely forget about it in the day thread. Budda, I had a small suspicion that he was probably the scum and FT town in the DP before I got killed. But it wasn't enough to act on and FT seemed by far the scummier. So, great job to the mafia.

IFLY had a pseudo-confirmable role and also played extremely well. I just don't see a circumstance where he would have been lynched. Also, the one thing I am kicking myself over is that Royal claimed she can confiscate "suspicious items" which are never defined and even after figuring this out, I still somehow managed to not act on the suspicion which was a big fail on my part and full of win for the mafia.

On the town side, I think FT played great as the person who started the lynch on TA, and also figuring out Royal, Budda, and IFLY as mafia. I just seem to be very bad at reading him; got a few towntells from him as well as a few scumtells and couldn't tell which ones were valid so went wanted to go ahead and confirm/expose some other role. FT's analysis of the game could have won the game for town.

I think town was slightly low in numbers but overpowered in roles. Despite lynching a mafia DP1 and the cult recruiter DP2, town still lost by mislynching two townies one of whom was inactive.

As for the third parties, TUF and Bull are both good players, but it seemed as though there was a lot of friction as far as planning is concerned. I'd be interested in hearing your guys full plan and how you went about doing it.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 1:09:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I don't think it occurred to anybody that it was the items that could redirect mafia's NA's. We had no idea what Chicken could make(a 1x redirector wasn't out of the realm of possibility), and town didn't know what mafia could do to items. I mean, it was kind of obvious that mafia would be able to screw with town's items somehow. As it is, my role allowed me to sabotage somebody's item so that it would "spin out of control".
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,753
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 2:07:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I liked the theme and roles a lot, made for some interesting possibilities. I think it would have been more balanced if Bull died along with TUF, though. His vote basically just became an extra mafia vote, and if we tried lynching him, we lost anyway. Allowing him to become a survivor makes no sense whatsoever.

Add fvcking Lannan to the mix, and town never really stood a chance...

Oh well. I'm not happy with the turnout of this game, But I guess not really anything that could be done.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 2:17:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/2/2013 2:07:14 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
I liked the theme and roles a lot, made for some interesting possibilities. I think it would have been more balanced if Bull died along with TUF, though. His vote basically just became an extra mafia vote, and if we tried lynching him, we lost anyway. Allowing him to become a survivor makes no sense whatsoever.

Add fvcking Lannan to the mix, and town never really stood a chance...

Oh well. I'm not happy with the turnout of this game, But I guess not really anything that could be done.

You really need to stop insulting everybody.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 2:25:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/2/2013 2:22:36 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
lol royal... the game is over, you can stop making stuff up now.

"Add fvcking Lannan to the mix, and town never really stood a chance..."

Am I imagining things? That was not an insult? Really?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 2:27:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
@ Royal, there is no need to attack anyone. You played a great game, congratulations, now shake hands and move on. I don't get what you are angry about - you had most people fooled.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 2:27:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
And actually, you guys don't even know how overpowered you were at the end. Bull was BP, Chicken could give out vests and block our kills on the same night because Drafter resolves non-lethal actions first, and lannan was the doc. It would have been a loss on our part despite the lynch on FT if I hadn't figured out how to get around the possibility that Chicken would vest Lannan.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 2:28:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/2/2013 2:27:26 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
@ Royal, there is no need to attack anyone. You played a great game, congratulations, now shake hands and move on. I don't get what you are angry about - you had most people fooled.

I'm angry that he gets to insult people almost constantly and gets away with it, but when I do it, everyone immediately starts hating me and holds the grudge for months after I take hiatus.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 2:29:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Considering you guys got a free lynch on Spinko, I'd say it was balanced. It was a fair game. The 3P was really annoying though and I couldn't decide whether lynching him was a good choice at all.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 2:29:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
FT in all honesty, you are really good when town, and really good as scum. But the social game is whats lacking. Royal has a solid point in that you tend to throw out insults such as, "any decent townie can see the case is utter sh!t" and that kind of stuff throws most sensitive people off.

Have you thought of maybe, not saying arse-kissing, but being friendly with people. More open with reads, much more so detailed with explanations etc.

Most people will look at, "X is town" and disregard it because there is no explanation behind it. In fact the only game I can say i've truly lead so far was Christmas mafia, and in that game somebody even said it seemed like i was acting overtly nice to people and per se "buddying" with them. But i guess thats what it takes to lead. Cozy up and get friendly with people. But i think i'd stop playing in games with you after you got that down, cause you'd really be the definition of an "unstoppable force" at that point, haha.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 2:30:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
In fact, F-16, your post itself is exactly what I'm talking about. You attack me for attacking FT, but you conveniently forgot to condemn FT for being extremely rude to lannan, and all I did was point this out.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 2:31:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/2/2013 2:29:37 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Considering you guys got a free lynch on Spinko, I'd say it was balanced. It was a fair game. The 3P was really annoying though and I couldn't decide whether lynching him was a good choice at all.

Yeah, a free lynch definitely makes up for the fact that three people out of four at the end could stop kills.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 2:32:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/2/2013 2:30:42 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Lannan is the reason town lost... nothing personal, I'm commenting on the game.

No, you're the reason that the town lost. Your behavior was completely scummy. That's why lannan and bull voted for you.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 2:35:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
DONT MAKE ME TURN THIS CAR AROUND!!! nac
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 2:43:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
If you really want to argue about that, PM me and I'll tell you sincerely why.

As for game balance, I don't think you appreciated the difficulty town had as well. TA's role alluded to a redirector and IFLY claimed the only redirector. If Bull (third party) had been rightfully lynched, mafia would only need a single mislynch to win. As it was they only needed two. Giving one free mislynch in a game where the mafia only needs 2 to win was a strong enough point in favor of the mafia that it balanced out the difficulties you had in killing. We needed to lynch SIX scum with only two mislynches in hand. This is why despite the OP roles, town was walking on a tight rope.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 2:47:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/2/2013 2:43:48 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
If you really want to argue about that, PM me and I'll tell you sincerely why.

As for game balance, I don't think you appreciated the difficulty town had as well. TA's role alluded to a redirector and IFLY claimed the only redirector. If Bull (third party) had been rightfully lynched, mafia would only need a single mislynch to win. As it was they only needed two. Giving one free mislynch in a game where the mafia only needs 2 to win was a strong enough point in favor of the mafia that it balanced out the difficulties you had in killing. We needed to lynch SIX scum with only two mislynches in hand. This is why despite the OP roles, town was walking on a tight rope.

First, you only had to lynch 5 since Bull won with the town. Second, you would have had more than two mislynches if we hadn't sabotaged Sarcastic's gun.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,753
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 2:48:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I was the ONLY person who was scum-hunting. It is easy to construct a narrative that makes someone look scummy. This does not mean the person is actually behaving scummy. It just means you can make the person look scummy.

F-16 thought I was scummy primarily out of paranoia, not because I was behaving scummy.

The only people in the game that said I was behaving scummy were royal/Budda/IFLY, the scum themselves.

Grey was 100% convinced I was town. Chicken never voted for me, and was pretty obviously leaning towards voting Budda.

Lannan made no effort to scum-hunt. He did not weigh the evidence and just decided to put his vote on me randomly.

Bull voted me because he was third-party. If Bull actually thought I was scummy, then that reflects on his inexperience and lack of knowledge.

The problem is that most of the players on this site have no idea what scummy behavior looks like. This is not an insult to anyone, it is just a lack of knowledge and effort.

These are not insults. They are simply facts about how this game went and about the current state of players on this site. I am most certainly not the reason the town lost, and saying that I am is actually pretty insulting, especially now that the game is over and basically everyone but royal agrees I was the only townie in the game who even came close to figuring this game out.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 2:48:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Also, I do want to know, but I'd like to have an open, frank discussion in front of everyone so we can all see your hypocrisy.