Jump to topic:

Singer Mafia Endgame

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 3:50:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
1st Place - Town (Quarterexchange(replaced by TUF2), Fourtrouble, RoyalPaladin, TUF, TheAntidoter, Drafterman, Misery, Mestari, Lannan13, Frackjack)

2nd Place- Mafia (TheDebateKid, Buddamoose, Noumena)

3rd Place- Cult (Bull_Diesel)

Roles

Mafia

TheDebateKid- Freddie Mercury- Freddie Mercury, the most well-rounded singer in my opinion, and my personal favorite. You are the GODFATHER because no one would think that I would put you on the mafia side, which you are on. You are also the Mafia JOAT. Here are your actions.

1.Cult-ivator- You are very influential in making people want to join along with you. You may recruit one random player from the cult side to the mafia side.
2.Redirector- You can command people to do your whim. You can select one player, and send all night actions that would target that player to another player of your choosing.
Roleblocker- You often stop people in their tracks when a song of yours comes up. You may target one player, and that one player can"t perform NAs for that night.

You win when the mafia consists of 50% or more of the remaining players.

Buddamoose- John Lennon- John Lennon, when you died, a lot of people felt a need to tribute to you, whether it be suicide, dedicating a song to you, or etc. You are the Mafia MARTYR. When you die, on the next NP after your death, each player of the mafia can perform 2 actions instead of one. (Note:This does not grant the mafia an extra NK.

Noumena/SPinko- Amy Winehouse- Amy Winehouse, you were a person who just woudn"t go to rehab. You could either get a famous song from it, or you could tragically die. You are the Mafia CHANCE ROLESTOPPER. Each night you choose if you want to use the action. I flip a coin if you do choose to do the action. If it"s heads, you can use the rolestopper role. If it"s tails, you die. The rolestopper role allows you to target one player. That targeted player will not be affected by any other night actions, including kills.

Cult

BullDiesel- Justin Bieber- Justin Bieber, you are a very divisive issue. The ones who are on your side love you so much that they cut if you do bad things. The ones who are against you loathe you with a passion. You are the CULT RECRUITER. Each night, you may target a player. That player may join your side, the cult side. If you attempt to recruit scum, you die. If you die, the cult can"t recruit anymore. If you die, the remaining members of the cult get a unique option. When your members are recruited, the lose their roles and become 'FanGirls'

You win when the cult consists of 50% or more of the remaining players.

Town

QE(TUF2)- Tupac Shakur- Tupac Shakur, you are probably the most popular rapper to have ever lived, and I am using the term "singer" here loosely. You were popular for the "Thug Life". You are the VIGILANTE. Each night, you can target a player. That player will be killed by you.

You win with the town.

FourTrouble- Lil" Wayne- Lil" Wayne, you are a disgrace to music as we know it. You are the RANDOM VOTEBLOCKER. Each DP, a random townie player loses the right to vote for that DP.

You win with the town.

RoyalPaladin- Kurt Cobain- Kurt Cobain, you were the incredibly popular lead singer of Nirvana before you committed suicide. Thus, you are the SUICIDAL ROLEBLOCKER/ADDER. Nirvana had dynamic shifts from soft to loud in many of their songs. Thus, on NP1, you can choose whether to Roleblock, or Roleadd, which is giving a player the opportunity to perform two NAs instead of one. The next NP, NP2, The one that you didn"t pick will be your action for that night, and on NP3, the NA you picked on NP1 will be your NA on that night. After you commit your action on NP3, you will automatically commit suicide.

You win with the town.

TUF- Whitney Houston- Whitney Houston, you were very popular for emotional songs that could help heal the heart. Thus, you are the DOCTOR. Each night, you may target a player, and they will be protected from Night Kills.

You win with the town.

TheAntidoter- Jack Johnson- Jack Johnson, you are one of the most, if not the most, good-hearted singers. You sing Folk Rock, and you are a really good person, and helping charities which you feel are also good. Thus, you are the COP. Each night, you may target a player, and they will be either Innocent or Guilty.

You win with the town.

Drafterman- Michael Jackson- Michael Jackson, you were one of, if not the most, popular singers ever. You were, however, criticized from the mid-90"s to your death of suspicions that you molested children. Thus, you are the POPULAR/HATED TOWNIE. For the first 4 DPs, it takes an extra vote to lynch you, while for all the DPs after that, it takes one less vote to lynch you.

You win with the town.

Misery- Elvis Presley- Elvis Presley, you were known as the king of Rock and Roll, and were the most popular singer ever before Michael Jackson. One of your most popular songs was "Jailhouse Rock", so you are the JAILER. Each night, you may target a player. That player will be safe from all kills, but will also be roleblocked.

You win with the town.

Mestari- R. Kelly- R. Kelly, you are an extremely popular R&B singer, so much so that you are often referred to as the King of R&B. One of your most famous works was the hip-hopera, Trapped in the Closet. A lot of it is people armed with guns, therefore, you are the PGO (PARANOID GUN-OWNER). At night, any player who targets you for their NA will be killed.

You win with the town.

Lannan- Flo Rida- Flo Rida, you have contributed nothing new to music that is creative or new, and are only popular because you go with the normal trend and sound of current popular music. You are the VANILLA. You do nothing except post in the DP and Vote.

You win with the town.

FrackJack- Taylor Swift- Taylor Swift, you mostly chronicle the breakups of your boyfriends for successful songs. Thus, you are the HEARTBREAKER. You target one person in the NP. That NP, the player will have 2 NAs instead of one. The next NP, that player will be roleblocked. You can only use this role on odd-numbered nights. If you fail to select a player, a player will be randomly chosen for you, since this role can"t be voided for any night it can be used.

You win with the town.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 3:59:48 PM
There was definitely something off about Social's play. I'm glad he flipped scum.

Mestari was obvious town and very nice leading lynch on Bull. drafter made a good call on Cult too. They were MVP, other than their lynch on me.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 4:11:36 PM
At 2/2/2013 4:07:40 PM, drafterman wrote:
Ok, I'll admit I was wrong about FT, but you have to realize that, at LYLO, having you alive was auto lose for town.

It was 50/50, but I get it. It makes sense.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 4:18:32 PM
At 2/2/2013 3:57:30 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
lol Mestari, PGO, wins the game. Had to have been Mestari, PGO.

I took your advice and vigged nouema
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 4:32:50 PM
I wonder why the PGO wouldn't out himself Dp1?

Anyways, interesting game. It seems weird that we would lose even when only two players really expressed suspicion of me and no one was on to Budda yet.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 4:44:19 PM
Night Actions

Pre- DP1
FT blocks FJ"s vote

NP1
Mafia(Budda) kills TUF(Successful)
FJ heartbreaks Royal
Royal Role-adds Misery and Drafter
QE waives
TUF protects Drafterman
FT blocks Royal"s and Drafter"s votes
TA and TDK are modkilled

NP2
Mafia(Budda) kills Mestari(Budda killed instead because of Mestari being a PGO)
Royal roleblocks Mestari(Failed because of FJ's Heartbreak)
TUF vigs Noumena
(All other NAs voided because they failed to make it in time)
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 4:55:02 PM
We had a JOAT, a bomb, and a chance rolestopper (which would be neg util to use in most cases so was basically null). And then after TDK foolishly got himself killed we just had the NK. Town on the other hand had a vig, doc, cop, role-doubler, RB+role-doubler, jailer, and PGO. Seems a little overbalanced in favor of town.

But regardless, interesting game. Royal did a good job of distracting the town from our nefarious activities. FT had a few good reads (but mostly terrible ones) but his play Dp1 sealed his fate. Drafter and Mestari both played really well even though they had to few to no reads on actual scum. TUF didn't do much of anything (he was one of our premiere mislynch targets for the coming Dp3) and I think acted a little too swiftly in vigging me (even from a townie standpoint). And Misery, Frack, and Lannan can burn in hell for inactivity/incompetence.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 5:07:00 PM
At 2/2/2013 4:55:02 PM, Noumena wrote:
We had a JOAT, a bomb, and a chance rolestopper (which would be neg util to use in most cases so was basically null). And then after TDK foolishly got himself killed we just had the NK. Town on the other hand had a vig, doc, cop, role-doubler, RB+role-doubler, jailer, and PGO. Seems a little overbalanced in favor of town.

But regardless, interesting game. Royal did a good job of distracting the town from our nefarious activities. FT had a few good reads (but mostly terrible ones) but his play Dp1 sealed his fate. Drafter and Mestari both played really well even though they had to few to no reads on actual scum. TUF didn't do much of anything (he was one of our premiere mislynch targets for the coming Dp3) and I think acted a little too swiftly in vigging me (even from a townie standpoint). And Misery, Frack, and Lannan can burn in hell for inactivity/incompetence.

Your JOAT was a super-JOAT who could recruit players from the cult. Your martyr also had a secret ability that if he died, the JOAT could use one of the powers he already used, giving the mafia an opportunity to recruit 2 cultists. I didn't anticipate the cult recruiter would be lynched DP1, nor that TDK would have to be modkilled. I thought it was OK.

Also, there was another secret ability. If the cult recruiter died if he had recruits, they had the opportunity to have a chance kill. Every recruited player, if each one so chooses, would have a coin flip. If heads, a random town or mafia player would be killed. If tails, that recruit and another random recruit would be killed.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 5:26:13 PM
At 2/2/2013 5:21:06 PM, drafterman wrote:
Was there any rationale for which singers were mafia and which were town?

Yes. America was town, Britain was mafia, and Canada was the cult.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 5:47:12 PM
At 2/2/2013 5:26:13 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:21:06 PM, drafterman wrote:
Was there any rationale for which singers were mafia and which were town?

Yes. America was town, Britain was mafia, and Canada was the cult.

Not sure I would have ever figured that out. Kudos to you.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 5:56:52 PM
Lol, r Kelly was in the game.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 6:11:28 PM
At 2/2/2013 5:56:52 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Lol, r Kelly was in the game.

What singer game is complete without R. Kelly?
#FeeltheFreezerBern
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 6:24:53 PM
We won Yahoo.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 7:33:36 PM

I acted too swiftly in vigging you? Maybe. But from reading the DP'es, I agreed that your behavior was definitely off. I was crossing my fingers on that vig, and luckily I ended up being right. But FT was mainly the one that convinced me.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 7:43:13 PM
Thats a crazy way to end the game 0_o

Good game all lol
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 5:51:40 AM
At 2/2/2013 3:57:30 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
lol Mestari, PGO, wins the game. Had to have been Mestari, PGO.

G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 5:54:00 AM
At 2/2/2013 3:59:48 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
There was definitely something off about Social's play. I'm glad he flipped scum.

Mestari was obvious town and very nice leading lynch on Bull. drafter made a good call on Cult too. They were MVP, other than their lynch on me.

I lynched you on purpose actually. Given that I had town-reads on Drafter and Royal by the time NP1 ended and we actually started once I realized you had disabled 2 town votes and that there were 2 mafia left that meant we had 8 votes in play out of 10 players and 6 were town. I knew you could only be lynched if you were town or if you had whoever else was scum VTL you after the town had unanimous support. I didn't have any reads worth lynching at the time so really I decided to kill you off b/c of your role so that we could get info.
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 5:55:00 AM
At 2/2/2013 4:32:50 PM, Noumena wrote:
I wonder why the PGO wouldn't out himself Dp1?

Because I was obviously town. No point in outing DP2 either because the doc was dead and Royal was gonna die NP3. xD

Anyways, interesting game. It seems weird that we would lose even when only two players really expressed suspicion of me and no one was on to Budda yet.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 5:57:05 AM
At 2/2/2013 7:33:36 PM, TUF wrote:

I acted too swiftly in vigging you? Maybe. But from reading the DP'es, I agreed that your behavior was definitely off. I was crossing my fingers on that vig, and luckily I ended up being right. But FT was mainly the one that convinced me.

TUF was right to vig you. I'm pretty sure you were the prime suspect once FT flipped inno. Mostly because you agreed with the analysis that I posted simply to see who agreed with it. That shite was convoluted as all hell. LOL.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 2:40:49 PM
At 2/3/2013 5:57:05 AM, Mestari wrote:
At 2/2/2013 7:33:36 PM, TUF wrote:

TUF was right to vig you. I'm pretty sure you were the prime suspect once FT flipped inno. Mostly because you agreed with the analysis that I posted simply to see who agreed with it. That shite was convoluted as all hell. LOL.

Glad to see someone agrees with my action. I am not going to lie, I was conflicted as hell with my choice. But I figured it would also be wise to be able to prove my role, for when I got pressured to claim (which was likely going to be the next DP). And a vig on nouema would be a good way to prove my role, and I felt my FOS on him was justified enough for people to believe me as a vig rather than a serial killer.