9. Mestari
10. IFLY
11. F-16
12. Buddamoose
13. Bull_Diesel
14. Ishall
15. Daytona

Rules

1.All standard rules apply. If you don't know what standard rules are PM me.
2. DPs will end based on which option has the most votes (if time runs out). Once a lynch is reached it is final.
3. Refrain from swearing, obscenities and such if you can. This is intended to be civilised, and a collegial atmosphere is most appreciated.
4. There is no LD of any sort. Don't waste my time with such statements (also, people win with the town) .
5. Graveyard tampering will not occur. You will see roles upon death (death being when one's role is displayed) exactly as the player who had that role saw it. However, one's role may not work exactly as displayed (ie. a cop who was naive won't be shown as naive)

Do not post copiously if there is no need to. Some players have stated that they might not be able to play if we see massive amounts of posting. What I'm saying is this - you can post freely, yet make sure it's game related and not unnecessarily repetitive; it's easier for us all.

Replacement / Timing Policy

DPs will be 72 hours, NPs 36 hours. I may consider extensions to a DP if it is merited, but I will decide on that count. Night actions are encouraged to be done in a faster time span though.

The only exception to this will be if I am responsible for a delay, say, because I'm at school.

Replacement can occur if one does not participate for 48 hours. With regards to NP 'participation' , obviously some roles may not have night actions. Inactivity in such a period does not count towards replacement.

Finally, not that this should come as a surprise in a Mafia game, nobody involved in this Mafia game is to be trusted, besides yours truly.

If there's any confusion about anything ask in your respective role PMs.

Now let's have a quality Mafia game!

OP follows after this post.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 4:50:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
An examination of an array of sources spanning 2 and a half centuries had led 10 people to a foreboding manor, it"s splendour eerie amid the thick fog that buffeted the 10. And yet, the sky was almost clear. A very strange sight indeed. A kilometre back there had been no fog at all; strange for an English town near a slew of rivers.

But the 10 were not there to look at the castle. A man, his boutonniere making him the pre-eminent figure, beckoned a man forward to the cream coloured door. This second man held a weight in both hands, a battering ram of sorts. The man was a fighter of notable skill, lean and well muscled. Over his eye was a scar. One too many knife fights. He was a thug.

The door flew open, shards of cedar flying through the air. The 10 moved inside the house, fanning out to the orders of the man with the boutonniere. One of the 10 stayed by his side as the others began to search the immense manor.

The man of the manor had seen the party from afar, his view clear through the fog. On his elegant figure he had a sword, and it had a most keen edge. Who would find him first? He was situated at the corner of a corridor next to the balcony. From his view he could see figures on the vast ground floor, the stairs to the second level, entrances to the balcony, and the low lying chandelier hanging precariously over the surface expanse. He could see. Of course, so could his foes... but for how long? The man stifled a deep laugh.

A shout broke his reverie. A man was charging at him, sword in hand. Suddenly, the sword wielding assailant crashed into the wall, and fell to the ground dazed. The man of the manor thrust his sword into the man"s body, and blood splayed the walls. The assailant was dead. It was time to move. Two men were closing in on the shout. The man of the manor glided along the railings, about to turn a corner.

Another man was charging right at him.

Ducking aside and parrying a thrust, the man of the manor drew his sword. His opponent already had his back turned, on guard against... a wall. More blood was drawn on his formerly pristine sword. Killing was a bloody pastime, and that fool had wrought this hoard of attackers upon him.

The man with the boutonniere clenched his fist as yet another scream pierced the air. One of his people, again. That was the 4th. He looked at the fog outside. It was slowly clearing. If somebody in town saw the smashed door ... curse it if Scotland Yard was called. He looked at his companion.

"Go out and call all of the men together. I want 3 of them to go together in a group. You will go get my infra-red glasses from the car. I"m tired of this incompetence."
"3, but there are..."
"You know Francisco. He"ll work by himself. He"ll die of it someday." His companion departed, racing out to one of the cars parked quietly next to the road.

The figure crashtackled into the man of the manor. They rolled down the stairs violently. In a confused struggle, the man of the manor broke free. Suddenly, a second assailant was on him, a knife in his hand. Clumsily, the man of the manor dodged, and the duo attacked him.

The second assailant launched a brutal thrust at the first assailant, and the man of the manor in turn slashed at the second assailant. Both attackers lay on the floor, moaning and writhing helplessly in blood.

And then a knife was around the man of the manor"s throat. A 3rd assailant? Curses! He hadn"t seen him! The man of the manor felt the cold steel at his throat and grimaced. The 3rd assailant cried out " he had the man of the manor.

And then the assailant felt a sword pressed against his back. The deep voice from the tall man was simple in it"s instruction.

"If you don"t move that knife right now you"re dead, friend."

The man with the boutonniere smiled as he heard his man shout. Slowly, he crept along the balcony and surveyed the scene below. His man had the target by the throat. The tiled floor glistened with the blood of the deceased, and a chandelier hung from above.

"Where the... where did you come from!? Please don"t, don"t kill me," cried his man, almost weeping. What? There wasn"t anybody else and his infrared scanner concurred. He didn"t need Francisco or his companion"s eyes for that. Say, where were those two? Curse them if they hadn"t heard this scene... the sound was clear and piercing.
"Jaime, there"s no one behind you!" the man with the boutonniere shouted.
"What the heck are you on man? I can feel the blade against my back! I can hear the man."
"Yeah, well my infrared sensor doesn"t read anybody, nor do my eyes. There"s no one there!"

The man of the manor tried to crane his head to see the voice from the balcony. The voice kept moving. If he could just see him this would all be over. He"d already seen everybody else, barring the man behind him, and he had a sword against his back.

"Jaime, you believe there"s a man behind you?" said the man with the boutonniere.
"Yeah," replied a hysterical Jaime, voice high pitched.
"Shut it boy," came the deep voice.
"Alright then..." the man with a boutonniere threw a knife right behind Jaime. The knife clattered to the ground behind Jaime. "Did you hear that knife Jaime? There"s nobody there!" Jaime had heard that knife hit the ground, and nervously turned his head slightly. Nobody was there.
"What in the blazes?" pondered Jaime over the mysterious voice. The man in the manor cursed silently. He had no other way out.

The ceiling began to shake. It"s sound was audible, and Jaime heard it.
"No!" cried the man of the manor. Jaime looked at the ceiling, and the chandelier fell free, hurtling to the ground. He was under it. Part of the balcony was collapsing. The room was falling apart.

He jumped aside from the falling chandelier. The man with the boutonniere watched on with bewilderment as Jaime jumped, as if a phantom had spooked him. Then Jaime, dazed on the ground, was slain with a single stroke. Jaime let out a final cry, before laying still. The man with the boutonniere cursed. And, as luck would have it, the fog had totally dissipated. The townspeople would be sure to see this any moment.

And then, Francisco and his companion began to return.
"I thought I captured him..." began Francisco.
"No! What illusion are you all hallucinating to?" Then the man in the boutonniere realised " whatever illusion was in place had begun to dissipate; his companions had come to their senses.
"Find him. I don"t want him getting help. Now!" barking the order. They departed.

Then the man with the boutonniere saw a blade slash towards him. His target had found him. Their swords clashed. Then again, and again. And he wasn"t dead yet! No illusions. The two duelled sharply for a good few strokes, and then the man with the boutonniere had his sword fly through the air, clattering to the ground below. He was defenceless. Fear lit up in his eyes as he awaited the final stroke.

And then, like a charging bull, came Francisco, the one with a scar above his eye.

Francisco"s sword came like lightning at the man of the manor. He dodged, sliding back gracefully. Francisco hammered again, and again, gaining ground. The man of the manor deftly rounded a corner, and Francisco"s sword smashed against the balcony rail. For an instant, he was vulnerable. The man of the manor slashed at Francisco. It was almost, almost, the killing move. At the last second Francisco twisted aside, the blade only cutting the side of a rib. It was a blow, yet not fatal.

And, the man of the manor was now unbalanced.

Francisco launched into a flurry of attacks as the duo duelled ferociously. They duelled down the stairs, swords flashing through the air, the sound of ringing metal piercing the air. The chandelier above stood still as could be, a silence amid the struggle. The duo fought with blinding skill, and for an instant drew themselves apart.

Continued...
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 4:54:06 PM
And then, it was over in a flash. An opportunity seized.

Francisco charged at the man of the manor, who deftly took a step back. Francisco pressed the attack, using all his energy in a final assault. The man of the manor had to deftly step back again, and again. Then he was forced to step on a corpse and fell sideways. Instantly, Francisco smashed the blade out of his hand, and pressed the sword against the man of the manor.

The man in the boutonniere breathed a sigh of relief. Now it was time for some answers.

Earlier that day...

With a gentle stride, James Walker walked forward, a young lady by his side. He looked up at the fine train before him " The Blackburn Express. Luxurious he"d been told, and it definitely looked it.
"Sir?" asked the train guard before him. He was dressed in Victorian era clothing.
"May I board the train sir?." The guard smiled.
"Mr. Blackburn, in his attempt to bring all of us away from the trappings of modernity, has decided to make you wait another 15 minutes. He wants you to relax, take in the air, and get away from the daily hustle and stress of modern..."
"Well, it"s not working!" said the lady, Alexandra, defiantly.
"Alexandra, please, Mr. Blackburn"s intentions..."
"No need sir. Mr. Blackburn is a fantastic man, and you can"t fail to like him, but his distaste for modernity can be a bit much at times." The man smiled.
"No problem, we"ll enjoy the air, take a look around. Alexandra here can help me out. We"ll be back soon."

Alexandra and the man turned around, back to the milling crowd. Mr. Blackburn certainly knew a lot of people! Influential people of all backgrounds, along with presumably pleasurable acquaintances throughout life. It was a stroke of luck that he had gotten a ticket from his friend.
"Let"s investigate Alexandra. We have problems to solve."

And then Mr. Blackburn appeared, centre of a great crowd. Reporters surrounded him.
"Mr. Blackburn, where are you going on this trip for the 50th anniversary of your company? Apparently it"s undisclosed. No shady deals with anybody?" Christopher Blackburn smiled lightly.
"No, a journey away from the trappings of modern life. A return to the past..."
"Does this mean we"ll finally learn about your hometown and background?"
"No. This anniversary, this is for those who have contributed to my life. These people may bring acquaintances, but no one else is allowed." He looked at the reporters. "That means none of you." A defiant female voice came from Mr. Blackburn"s left.
"Does that mean me as well?" Mr. Blackburn"s face went red.
"Of course not, Scotland Yard is always welcome. Say, where are your fellow officers?"
"You"re not blind Blackburn. Rodrigo and Wiltshire are right behind me." There was a quiet laugh from the reporters. Blackburn smiled.
"Forgive me Valerie, but there"s one person behind you." The inspector swivelled.
"Wiltshire! Where has Rodrigo gone?"
"Well, he said he was going to "bring peace to the dining hall". I was a little confused, but let him go..." Valerie"s face went red. The reporters kept filming.
"That means he"s eating in the dining hall you buffoon! I swear, he"s a good cop, but his appetite is voracious..."
"Oh don"t worry! It"s good to see your men are so eager to bring peace to all parts inspector!" said Blackburn. There was a widespread laugh.

"James, it"s good to see you!" James and Alexandra turned. It was James"s dean. All thoughts of Blackburn were temporarily gone.
"Dean Delmona, I didn"t expect to see you here."
"You look tired James," said Delmona, his grey hair apparent.
"Well, you know how it is burning the midnight oil. Too many books to read."
"Not as Dean I don"t! I can"t afford to get so little sleep James. Say, my granddaughter recently asked me to..."
"Dean Delmona, you can"t solve your granddaughter"s riddles?" asked Alexandra. Delmona straightened his necktie.
"I"m doing this as a service to my granddaughter Alexandra! Now, what was that problem... I can"t remember. We"ll talk later James."
"Of course." Dean Delmona departed, seemingly lost. James looked around. Blast it. Blackburn had departed and boarded the train.

The press looked at each other. How had their prey escaped? This could be a fascinating headline. Imagine the headline " "Rich and famous board train to "undisclosed location" ". They were getting aboard the train.

Finally, James and Alexandra were on the train, and it had begun a gentle pace. The train was fantastic. The only problem was that James only had one ticket. Only one room to unpack both their items.
"Well, Alexandra..." He was unsure what to say. She smiled, as if cryptically.
"Don"t worry James... I"m sure we can, ah, get to know each other a bit better tonight." James sighed. He really couldn"t figure out why a young, vivacious lady like Alexandra bothered to even talk to him. He wasn"t about to attempt to understand her.
"Let"s get to the main dining hall."

As expected, Christopher Blackburn was moving between the crowd, his short figure not stopping any conversation. A tall man in a top notch suit weaved his way through the crowd to Blackburn. All the while a band was playing quietly.
"Ah, Mr. Blackburn, I was looking for you. I hope it"s not to much to say, but if I could..." Blackburn turned to face the man.
"Clive! Good to see you. Please, call me Christopher."
"Well, Mr. Black... Christopher, if we could discuss..."
"Later Clive" Christopher said absently, turning his head, his face lighting up. "Baron Von Gromel!" he shouted. A stout man with a crisp moustache turned to face him, a small smile on his hard face. The room turned in. Even Rodrigo stopped eating his food. Blackburn took centre stage.
"Friends, I"d just like to say a small tribute to Baron Von Gromel here. 50 years ago I wanted to build trains, but I had no money, no chance. My dreams were going to be quashed. And then, the generous Baron offered me some money. I didn"t have to pay it back, and there were no caveats. From that day I didn"t look back. I built trains, and now thousands upon thousands of people gain back precious time in their lives thanks to my trains. And all thanks to Baron Von Gromel. A toast!" Glasses clinked. Blackburn nodded at the band and they began playing.
"You forgot to mention that you did pay me back."
"Please, that was done of my own volition. Besides, it"s not like my money was what caused all of your inventions!" The Baron smiled.

Valerie came over. The Baron and Blackburn looked at her. Blackburn turned gracefully.
"Valerie, forgive the earlier remark. You look radiant as usual. A shining rose in a..."
"Cut the garbage Blackburn."
"Valerie, I was..."
"Look Blackburn, I"m here to keep you all under watch. Influential men and women like yourself and your guests don"t just assemble at an "undisclosed location" for a good time."
"Valerie, how many times do I have to say it? I"m here to get away from the city, to talk with old friends like Frederick and just enjoy myself. I"m trying to help others out here to."
"Blackburn, I"m only happy that you prevented those reporters from annoying me this train ride. Anyhow, I do hope to enjoy myself at your expense." Valerie walked off. The Baron looked at the scarlet carpet, then at Blackburn.
"Valerie certainly isn"t one for class, eh Christopher?"
"Definitely not. I just wish she"d understand that I want to go back to my home. I want to get away from the trappings of modernity." An alluring lady, a waitress, came up to Christopher.
"Mr. Blackburn, can I get you anything?"
"No my lady. Please, you know when I want you later." The lady smiled coquettishly.
"Of course," came her mellow voice. She departed. The Baron smiled and laughed hard, resting his hand against the wall for balance.

Continued...
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 4:56:59 PM
"Not quite away from all the trappings of modernity, eh? An attractive Oriental lady, cuisine from many countries, and seemingly very well paid staff. I hope they give good service, if you know what I mean."
"I know, I know... couldn"t quite escape all modern trappings. Now, why do you have to say some boring statement like Oriental? Old fashioned..."
"Don"t you like that?"
"I suppose..."

The Blackburn express ground to a halt after a night of travel, as the early morning sun basked the town before them. James looked around. He had admired the countryside as it went by, but then they"d come to a long tunnel, a turn had occurred and they were in a quaint town. Passengers were alighting. Maxwell and Alexandra walked out of the train, to see Mr. Blackburn breaking off conversation with a charming lady. James caught the name Amanda.

Then Mr. Blackburn turned to the passengers, theatrically.
"Welcome to Delderra! Please, make yourself at home."

Quickly, the passengers began exploring, schedules in hand. The town was a treat on the eyes. Flowing streams of water, grassy fields, classy houses and more. Traditional, romantic, civilised. And then there was a manor in the distance, partially covered by mist. Mr. Blackburn glanced at it, and turned back to his guests. He was holding back tears. Was this his home? How long had he been gone from Delderra?

"James, let"s go enjoy the sights." Alexandra was off, bounding ahead. James cringed " legwork was always a good thing, yet he was starting to not like it for some reason. Alexandra had enough energy to make up for him though! He couldn"t be lethargic. Besides, the nimble air and fine day meant it wasn"t a day to waste.

And now friends, I leave it to you to explore Delderra. Influential people abound now, sights set on many things. People not mentioned above also exist. I have given you a glimpse. You must figure out the rest...

That OP was slightly longer than I realised! You may now post!
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 5:15:15 PM
At 2/2/2013 5:13:42 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
VTL daytona

I was thinking about that, but with his game over, and him only being in this game, there is no excuse for inactivity. He should be active. If he turns out not to be, sure. But I think Maxx is a better bet for now.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 5:23:00 PM
daytona also happens to have posted in Singer but not here since this game started. I think I'll keep my vote where it is for now.
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 5:23:39 PM
At 2/2/2013 5:15:15 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:13:42 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
VTL daytona

I was thinking about that, but with his game over, and him only being in this game, there is no excuse for inactivity. He should be active. If he turns out not to be, sure. But I think Maxx is a better bet for now.

Could be, but even in the games where he didn't have much excuse (that I knew of) he was somewhat inactive.

I'm still reading the OP before I cast a vote, not that I think that matters.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 5:51:49 PM
Yay, I can add some info to the game dp1!

1) We do NOT mass claim. I have reason to believe that mafia will be interested in targeting certain character over others to their advantage.
2) I know for a fake that certain characters have hidden parts to their roles. I suspect we have flavoured roles due to my role justification. I can't say anymore at this point.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 6:06:30 PM
At 2/2/2013 5:51:49 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Yay, I can add some info to the game dp1!

1) We do NOT mass claim. I have reason to believe that mafia will be interested in targeting certain character over others to their advantage.
2) I know for a fake that certain characters have hidden parts to their roles. I suspect we have flavoured roles due to my role justification. I can't say anymore at this point.

Hmm, interesting. I suspect we have a similar role, typical Logic.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 6:14:09 PM
At 2/2/2013 6:12:37 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 2/2/2013 6:09:24 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm Phillip Puxatawny, the Prognosticator.

Why are you claiming without pressure?

I'll wait until someone gets it.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 6:32:44 PM
OMG I'm in the game =O

*dances*
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 6:33:13 PM
At 2/2/2013 6:14:09 PM, drafterman wrote:

I get it (I think?)
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 6:36:50 PM
Ok so i have kind of a scummy role, at least most view the "roles" if you will, as typical scum roles, so i'm just gonna come right out with it.

I'm Everett Molon a 1X Redirector, 1X Roleblocker

Its important to note that in my PM logic doesnt actually say "1X Redirector, 1X roleblocker" rather he describes the function of my role, without outright giving it a name.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 6:36:53 PM

Think Groundhogs and the date...
#FeeltheFreezerBern
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 6:45:03 PM

You're the oracle?

Muh threads
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 6:48:02 PM
At 2/2/2013 6:45:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:

You're the oracle?

No, that's probably not right.
Someone who warns that something is going to happen...
Could be an investigative role, but I don't know why you'd claim without pressure...
Doesn't sound like miller.
NFI to be honest.

Muh threads
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 6:56:56 PM
At 2/2/2013 6:53:46 PM, drafterman wrote:
The claim isn't serious. I was just joking.

Why?

Muh threads
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 6:57:07 PM

Puxatawny Phil. Brah. Groundhog's Day Brah.
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 7:00:14 PM
At 2/2/2013 6:48:02 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/2/2013 6:45:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:

You're the oracle?

No, that's probably not right.
Someone who warns that something is going to happen...
Could be an investigative role, but I don't know why you'd claim without pressure...
Doesn't sound like miller.
NFI to be honest.

Dude. It's a yoke. He's yoking.