Jump to topic:

Question for the techies, Concerning xbox 360

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 4:23:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Alright, so from the research I've done, the task I want to pursue almost seems impossible... But I know there are a lot of people who are pretty smart when it comes to these type of things.

I've been googling my butt of trying to find a way to do this.

But... Is there anyway to give my laptop HDMI input capabilities? I have a touch screen laptop, with an HDMI output slot. I know that is for external use only (I have hooked it up to the TV, and watched movies from my laptop). I also understand that an xbox 360 cannot use my new xbox 360 can only hook up via input HDMI.

Is there a free download that I can find, or software that can give these capabilities to my laptop? Maybe an app in windows 8 or something? Literally anything would help, but I am just tired of asking my roomate to borrow his TV, and I would like to play directly off of my laptop.

Also I know several people will buy things with USB plug ins that have VBA ports on it. I will do that if I have to, but I would like to stay cheap and not buy anything.

IF anyone can help me, or shoot some links my way, it would be much appreciated.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 4:34:45 PM
At 2/3/2013 4:27:40 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
I think you can buy a specific cable/adapter that can input your xbox cables into your laptop.

I know, I mentioned that in the OP. I was looking to see if it was possible to do it with a free download though.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 4:40:44 PM
At 2/3/2013 4:34:45 PM, TUF wrote:
I think you can buy a specific cable/adapter that can input your xbox cables into your laptop.

I know, I mentioned that in the OP. I was looking to see if it was possible to do it with a free download though.

Oh oops, I didn't read all of it. I don't understand what you mean by download. You're still going to have to figure out a way to get your xbox cable to connect to your computer.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 4:43:16 PM
At 2/3/2013 4:40:44 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 2/3/2013 4:34:45 PM, TUF wrote:

Oh oops, I didn't read all of it. I don't understand what you mean by download. You're still going to have to figure out a way to get your xbox cable to connect to your computer.

Right, it seems impossible, but I am sure someone on the internet knows a way to do it for free lol
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 6:17:03 PM
Off the top of my head, I would say that this is not technically possible as it is probably not merely a software thing. The HDMI output on your laptop is probably connected to dedicated circuits on the motherboard that are hardwired to only process output. The registers there are wired to expect input from the CPU and expect to provide output to the device itself.

http://www.overclock.net...
http://www.tomshardware.com...
http://community.us.playstation.com...