Total Posts:60|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Sherlock Mafia - Dayphase 3

IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 7:40:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Lynched last Dayphase

Drafterman: Soo Lin Yao- You made the mistake of joining the Black Lotus when you were younger. Unfortunately, one cannot just leave a criminal organization as big as the Black Lotus. You had to move to London and even went so far as to go in hiding in a museum to try escaping the Black Lotus. Each night, you may choose one person to hide behind. Any actions targeting you will target the person you hide behind instead. Thus, you are the hider . You win with the town.

Died in the night

Buddamoose: Dr. Bob Franklin- Some people just get too involved in their work. When project H.O.U.N.D was shut down, you continued your experiments in secret. You even went so far as to murder Henry Knight"s father so the authorities wouldn"t find out. The hallucinogen you were working on creates fear in the victim which causes the person to temporarily go insane. Each night, you may choose one person to roleblock. Thus, you are the roleblocker. You win with the mafia.

Bull: Mycroft Holmes- Even though you and your brother may not be on the best of terms, you care deeply for him. That is why you have him under government surveillance. In fact, you seem to have a lot of people under surveillance as shown when you tell John Watson that you keep a watch on criminals like Moriarty. Each night, you may choose somebody to watch. I will tell you who visited them. Thus, you are the WATCHER. You win with the town.

Living players

1. Royal
2. Maxx223
3. TheAntidoter
4. Lannan13
5. Daytonanerd
6. Drafterman
7. Tekkie
8. Ishall

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
lannan13
Posts: 23,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 7:43:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I investigated Daytona and it turns out that he is inocent.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 11:06:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/13/2013 10:43:27 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/13/2013 8:56:56 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
So, do we lynch Maxx?

Why?

Well, do you have any other suggestions?
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 11:27:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/13/2013 11:06:17 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 2/13/2013 10:43:27 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/13/2013 8:56:56 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
So, do we lynch Maxx?

Why?

Well, do you have any other suggestions?

Yeah. We lynch you.

I think it's reasonable to assume that there was more than on mafioso on my mislynch, since it was basically handed out on a silver platter. Eliminating Budda, Bull, me and maxx, that leaves you and Lannan.

I'd actually lean toward lannan but you basically admit here you are just offering to lynch people without any sort of reasoning.

VTL TheAntidoter.
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 11:49:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/13/2013 11:27:37 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/13/2013 11:06:17 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 2/13/2013 10:43:27 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/13/2013 8:56:56 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
So, do we lynch Maxx?

Why?

Well, do you have any other suggestions?

Yeah. We lynch you.

I think it's reasonable to assume that there was more than on mafioso on my mislynch, since it was basically handed out on a silver platter. Eliminating Budda, Bull, me and maxx, that leaves you and Lannan.

I'd actually lean toward lannan but you basically admit here you are just offering to lynch people without any sort of reasoning.

VTL TheAntidoter.

So you are saying that Maxx is off the hook for visiting FT the night he died?
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 2:05:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/13/2013 11:49:14 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 2/13/2013 11:27:37 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/13/2013 11:06:17 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 2/13/2013 10:43:27 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/13/2013 8:56:56 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
So, do we lynch Maxx?

Why?

Well, do you have any other suggestions?

Yeah. We lynch you.

I think it's reasonable to assume that there was more than on mafioso on my mislynch, since it was basically handed out on a silver platter. Eliminating Budda, Bull, me and maxx, that leaves you and Lannan.

I'd actually lean toward lannan but you basically admit here you are just offering to lynch people without any sort of reasoning.

VTL TheAntidoter.

So you are saying that Maxx is off the hook for visiting FT the night he died?

I'm saying that Maxx was never on the hook; the same thing I was saying yesterday and Budda was arguing against. So, it'd be interesting to hear why you are deciding to side with known scum (Budda) against a known Townie (drafterman1). Then again, I already asked your reasons and you basically admitted you had none.
trekie
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 2:15:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/13/2013 11:06:17 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
Well, do you have any other suggestions?

Personally, I would rather not lynch a townie again, I'm not sure how you feel about that, it really depends on one's affiliation. I would like to hear from all of our intrepid detectives before I do anything else. Daytona too if he has something to offer.
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 2:19:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/13/2013 2:05:28 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/13/2013 11:49:14 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 2/13/2013 11:27:37 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/13/2013 11:06:17 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 2/13/2013 10:43:27 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/13/2013 8:56:56 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
So, do we lynch Maxx?

Why?

Well, do you have any other suggestions?

Yeah. We lynch you.

I think it's reasonable to assume that there was more than on mafioso on my mislynch, since it was basically handed out on a silver platter. Eliminating Budda, Bull, me and maxx, that leaves you and Lannan.

I'd actually lean toward lannan but you basically admit here you are just offering to lynch people without any sort of reasoning.

VTL TheAntidoter.

So you are saying that Maxx is off the hook for visiting FT the night he died?

I'm saying that Maxx was never on the hook; the same thing I was saying yesterday and Budda was arguing against. So, it'd be interesting to hear why you are deciding to side with known scum (Budda) against a known Townie (drafterman1). Then again, I already asked your reasons and you basically admitted you had none.

Complexly, I thought that Buddha was not confirmed scum.

Was there an investigation?

Or do you mean basically confirmed scum, as in his behavior is typical scum?

If you don't define, i can't understand your argument.

/shiftofBOP end.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 2:20:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/13/2013 2:19:46 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 2/13/2013 2:05:28 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/13/2013 11:49:14 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 2/13/2013 11:27:37 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/13/2013 11:06:17 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 2/13/2013 10:43:27 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/13/2013 8:56:56 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
So, do we lynch Maxx?

Why?

Well, do you have any other suggestions?

Yeah. We lynch you.

I think it's reasonable to assume that there was more than on mafioso on my mislynch, since it was basically handed out on a silver platter. Eliminating Budda, Bull, me and maxx, that leaves you and Lannan.

I'd actually lean toward lannan but you basically admit here you are just offering to lynch people without any sort of reasoning.

VTL TheAntidoter.

So you are saying that Maxx is off the hook for visiting FT the night he died?

I'm saying that Maxx was never on the hook; the same thing I was saying yesterday and Budda was arguing against. So, it'd be interesting to hear why you are deciding to side with known scum (Budda) against a known Townie (drafterman1). Then again, I already asked your reasons and you basically admitted you had none.

Complexly, I thought that Buddha was not confirmed scum.

Was there an investigation?

Or do you mean basically confirmed scum, as in his behavior is typical scum?

If you don't define, i can't understand your argument.

/shiftofBOP end.

Uhm. He's scum because he died and flipped scum.

You can't get much more confirmed than that.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 2:22:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Buddamoose: Dr. Bob Franklin- Some people just get too involved in their work. When project H.O.U.N.D was shut down, you continued your experiments in secret. You even went so far as to murder Henry Knight"s father so the authorities wouldn"t find out. The hallucinogen you were working on creates fear in the victim which causes the person to temporarily go insane. Each night, you may choose one person to roleblock. Thus, you are the roleblocker. You win with the mafia.

Question, TA, if dying and flipping scum isn't enough to confirm them in your mind, and their status as scum is still confusing to you, what exactly does it take? Does IFLY have to come to your house and show you a notarized print out of the game design showing that budda was scum?

I have to say, your requirements here are a bit unreasonably high.
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 2:23:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/13/2013 2:20:43 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/13/2013 2:19:46 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 2/13/2013 2:05:28 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/13/2013 11:49:14 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 2/13/2013 11:27:37 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/13/2013 11:06:17 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 2/13/2013 10:43:27 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/13/2013 8:56:56 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
So, do we lynch Maxx?

Why?

Well, do you have any other suggestions?

Yeah. We lynch you.

I think it's reasonable to assume that there was more than on mafioso on my mislynch, since it was basically handed out on a silver platter. Eliminating Budda, Bull, me and maxx, that leaves you and Lannan.

I'd actually lean toward lannan but you basically admit here you are just offering to lynch people without any sort of reasoning.

VTL TheAntidoter.

So you are saying that Maxx is off the hook for visiting FT the night he died?

I'm saying that Maxx was never on the hook; the same thing I was saying yesterday and Budda was arguing against. So, it'd be interesting to hear why you are deciding to side with known scum (Budda) against a known Townie (drafterman1). Then again, I already asked your reasons and you basically admitted you had none.

Complexly, I thought that Buddha was not confirmed scum.

Was there an investigation?

Or do you mean basically confirmed scum, as in his behavior is typical scum?

If you don't define, i can't understand your argument.

/shiftofBOP end.

Uhm. He's scum because he died and flipped scum.

You can't get much more confirmed than that.

Well, that's pretty damning of my POV.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Bull_Diesel
Posts: 1,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 4:43:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/13/2013 2:22:51 PM, drafterman wrote:
Buddamoose: Dr. Bob Franklin- Some people just get too involved in their work. When project H.O.U.N.D was shut down, you continued your experiments in secret. You even went so far as to murder Henry Knight"s father so the authorities wouldn"t find out. The hallucinogen you were working on creates fear in the victim which causes the person to temporarily go insane. Each night, you may choose one person to roleblock. Thus, you are the roleblocker. You win with the mafia.

Question, TA, if dying and flipping scum isn't enough to confirm them in your mind, and their status as scum is still confusing to you, what exactly does it take? Does IFLY have to come to your house and show you a notarized print out of the game design showing that budda was scum?

http://www.hulu.com...

I have to say, your requirements here are a bit unreasonably high.
trekie
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 5:49:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/13/2013 11:27:37 AM, drafterman wrote:
I think it's reasonable to assume that there was more than on mafioso on my mislynch, since it was basically handed out on a silver platter. Eliminating Budda, Bull, me and maxx, that leaves you and Lannan.

I'd actually lean toward lannan but you basically admit here you are just offering to lynch people without any sort of reasoning.

Lannan is not scum, unless he got a pre-written free character/role claim from the mod. He's been consistent with his investigations too. I think he's easy to sheep but I don't think he's scum for it. He could be a naive cop, considering he only had innocents but I don't think that's something definite either.

I would lynch TA for the sole reason that he's been generally unhelpful this whole game, but I don't know if that's a scum tell with him or not. His claim doesn't scream fake either, but could have been research I guess.

I would like to hear from the others before we commit to anything, it doesn't take much to lynch now so I would rather not be too hasty with my vote.

Daytona should full claim. Ishall should paraphrase his role, and give us results. Maxx should share his results too. I assume these things will happen when they get a chance to come online.

Oh, and attaboy to the vig for getting rid of the RBer. I'm going to sleep now, but you have fun.
lannan13
Posts: 23,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 6:33:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/13/2013 6:28:28 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
Can someone put up a Drafter list?

?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 8:25:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Alright guys, let's look at the game situation. From the characters posted so far, and from what I've looked up about Sherlock, the most likely third party is Irene Adler, yet she isn't. I'm going on a hunch that there isn't a third party. So, it would be two-sided. Town vs. Mafia. It leaves the question, "How many mafia are there?" Well, it is most likely. Only three or four in the mafia, three if it is powerful. So there are either 2 or 3 mafia left. I think we have to lynch today, as even if there are only 2 mafia left, those mafia members could be very powerful.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 8:25:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/13/2013 8:25:06 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Alright guys, let's look at the game situation. From the characters posted so far, and from what I've looked up about Sherlock, the most likely third party is Irene Adler, yet she isn't. I'm going on a hunch that there isn't a third party. So, it would be two-sided. Town vs. Mafia. It leaves the question, "How many mafia are there?" Well, it is most likely. Only three or four in the mafia, three if it is powerful. So there are either 2 or 3 mafia left. I think we have to lynch today, as even if there are only 2 mafia left, those mafia members could be very powerful.

Of course, if there are 3 mafia left, we do stand at MYLO.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
trekie
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 1:52:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/13/2013 8:25:06 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
I'm going on a hunch that there isn't a third party. So, it would be two-sided. Town vs. Mafia.
I agree about the probability of a 4 anti-town/11 pro-town ratio. But I think you're overlooking something quite important, I don't know if it's on purpose or not. You should role claim as I've asked you already. Budda strated to focus the lynching on Drafter the 1st while you had quite a lot of votes on. It's something a town player would have probably done so too eventually, because we had other leads, but considering that Budda was scum it does cast a different light. He could have just sat back and ate popcorn while we either decieded to lynch Drafter ourselves or one of you got plurality lynched. So yeah, FOS on you.

@Ishall You should still paraphrase too. You should have no reason not to. And yeah, even though I beleive maxx to be town, that might not go for everybody, so maybe at least one of the cops should have investigated him. Lannan did basically said who he would investigate on both DPs btw, both of those people were the center of attention at one point too. But I agree that the results itselves should be taken with a grain of salt. Knowing your motivation helps us more to deceide if you're town or not. I can see why you wouldn't out a result on maxx if you're scum. He's a potential target for lynching, so you wouldn't want to out even a naive innocent, if you say he's guilty and he flips town you're immediatly busted, since you can't be paranoid or crazy cop. I guess you investigated Lannan because originally you cc-ed him? It's not unreasonable but I want more info.

@Drafter, give us a character name, you're the only one who haven't done so already.
lannan13
Posts: 23,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 2:15:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/13/2013 6:46:09 PM, drafterman wrote:
Lannan, why did you not investigate maxx?

Iinvested daytona because of his inactivity, I'll investigate maxx tonight (this night phase) if that's what you're saying.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 5:59:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/14/2013 2:15:17 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/13/2013 6:46:09 PM, drafterman wrote:
Lannan, why did you not investigate maxx?

Iinvested daytona because of his inactivity, I'll investigate maxx tonight (this night phase) if that's what you're saying.

For future reference it's generally not a good idea to say who you're going to target. It makes scum's job easy if they have a lawyer, or to decide who makes a kill or whatnot if you were tracker... Anyway though, I'm pretty sure what he meant was simply, why didn't you investigate me? I would have investigated me after drafter 1's mislynch, but since I am me I investigated Daytona as well for basically the same reasons you did (so at least your reasoning was sound) I'm pretty sure inactivity is a scum tell for Daytona.. I usually try to get him lynched over it with little success :/

I agree that drafter and Daytona need to out a claim as the next logical step in coming up with our best lead today
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 6:03:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Oh yeah.. I hadn't realized ishall never paraphrased... That's actually most important to me right now, I still have a bad feeling about him
lannan13
Posts: 23,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 7:07:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/14/2013 6:03:17 AM, maxx233 wrote:
Oh yeah.. I hadn't realized ishall never paraphrased... That's actually most important to me right now, I still have a bad feeling about him

he paraphased DP-1
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~