Jump to topic:

Congressional Mafia Year 1 Second Half

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 6:40:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
More scandals rock the US government. Just 6 months after a purge of top officials in the Executive branch, one of the biggest men in Congress, Warabe, gets caught in an outrageous sex scandal. Turns out he was videotaping himself having sex with 15 year old girls who had a fetish for old men dressed like Twilight Vampires. The scandal has forced the Congressmen to resign, and has caused unorganized hell for the party he was a member of. His replacement, Bull_Diesel, is just as loyal to his party as Warabe was.

While the scandal completely threw a wrench into one half of Congress, the other half of Congress was in equally bad shape, they failed to take advantage of the situation and pass a bill of their own though due to some peculiar role blocking from leaders of Congress. One Dem Senator was roleblocked, and the independent was also roleblocked, and when you combine that with the loss of a Republican senator due to a scandal, there were only 2 people in Congress able to pass a vote. Unfortunately both were of different parties and tried to advance their own bills. The Dems wished to raise taxes on the rich to 115% while the Reps attempted to put together a fiscal bill that never even got finalized.

Both parties close the first year in complete disarray, and polls among likely voters show a significant drop in approval ratings for both parties.

Democrats: FAILED TO PASS A BILL/DID NOTHING, -3%
Total approval rating is now 45%

Republicans: FAILED TO PASS A BILL/DID NOTHING, -3%
Total approval rating is now 39%
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 8:54:31 PM
At 2/13/2013 8:45:06 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
so I don't post anything in here? I send it to Imabench in PM?

you can comment on something if you want or ask general questions if you have any.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 9:46:13 PM
At 2/13/2013 6:40:57 PM, imabench wrote:
More scandals rock the US government. Just 6 months after a purge of top officials in the Executive branch, one of the biggest men in Congress, Warabe, gets caught in an outrageous sex scandal. Turns out he was videotaping himself having sex with 15 year old girls who had a fetish for old men dressed like Twilight Vampires. The scandal has forced the Congressmen to resign, and has caused unorganized hell for the party he was a member of. His replacement, Bull_Diesel, is just as loyal to his party as Warabe was.

While the scandal completely threw a wrench into one half of Congress, the other half of Congress was in equally bad shape, they failed to take advantage of the situation and pass a bill of their own though due to some peculiar role blocking from leaders of Congress. One Dem Senator was roleblocked, and the independent was also roleblocked, and when you combine that with the loss of a Republican senator due to a scandal, there were only 2 people in Congress able to pass a vote. Unfortunately both were of different parties and tried to advance their own bills. The Dems wished to raise taxes on the rich to 115% while the Reps attempted to put together a fiscal bill that never even got finalized.

Both parties close the first year in complete disarray, and polls among likely voters show a significant drop in approval ratings for both parties.

Democrats: FAILED TO PASS A BILL/DID NOTHING, -3%
Total approval rating is now 45%

Republicans: FAILED TO PASS A BILL/DID NOTHING, -3%
Total approval rating is now 39%

*Hosts Tea Party rally outside the Capitol Building*
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 3:05:51 PM
"Failed to Pass Bill/Did nothing"