Total Posts:334|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Madness in Delderra DP 3

Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 11:48:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
A figure lay resting on a plain armchair, distant from the world. The man hardly registered the sound of glass breaking. Craning his head, he saw a flit of movement, and slowly came to his feet, dazed and unseeing. Resting his hand on the armchair for balance, the figure drew himself up to his full height before gazing at his wine glass. Where had he been?

The dagger cut short the figure's thoughts.

"Pathetic," muttered the killer. He looked at the doctor, limp on the ground. He was dead.

Mestari - Doctor Alyssa Raymond " My lady, you are a doctor of Delderra. Protect any one person a night, but the action must be sent in prior to the end of the DP of the number of your NP (ie. Submit by end of DP 1 a NP 1 action). You win with the town.

Modnote: 3rd party miller

Living Players

1. TUF
2. Danielle [need replacement; my lynch policy changed...]
3. Tulle
4. HCP
5. TV
6. Drafterman
7. FourTrouble
8. Maxx
9. IFLY
10. F-16
11. Buddamoose
12. Ishall
13. Daytona

It takes 7 votes to lynch.

Other Notes

I would suggest that people look at the rules of this game carefully. There is one rule that is being far too commonly flouted. I would be punishing transgressors of this rule with severe punishments, were it not to have side effects. Remember your rules.

New lynch policy

Plurality lynching only occurs if at least a quarter of the living votes are on one player (ie. 4/15 at game start) when time expires. Regular lynching occurs as usual.

Note: Extensions will be granted based on a minimum of 100 posts a day of quality play. I will be the judge of that.

My apologies for the confusion, especially since we lack a replacement due to it.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 11:50:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I know people were suspecting me in the last DP. I think I need to come out with my role. I'm Doctor Clive Welter. There are two other doctors and I know who they are. I can't expound right now.
yang.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 11:51:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/14/2013 11:48:42 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
A figure lay resting on a plain armchair, distant from the world. The woman hardly registered the sound of glass breaking. Craning her head, she saw a flit of movement, and slowly came to her feet, dazed and unseeing. Resting her hand on the armchair for balance, the figure drew himself up to her full height before gazing at her wine glass. Where had she been?

The dagger cut short the figure's thoughts.

"Pathetic," muttered the killer. He looked at the doctor, limp on the ground. She was dead.

Wrong gender usage in the OP.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 11:55:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/14/2013 11:50:57 PM, tulle wrote:
I know people were suspecting me in the last DP. I think I need to come out with my role. I'm Doctor Clive Welter. There are two other doctors and I know who they are. I can't expound right now.

Sorry, I didn't even give my role. I'm head doctor. I get the actions of the other 3 doctors. I didn't get them NP1 but I wasn't told I was blocked.
yang.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 12:07:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Also looking for a replacement for IFLY. Making a replacement thread now.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 12:15:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/15/2013 12:06:18 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
maxx, why didn't you commit murder-suicide?

I put actions in for it. Why didn't you?
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 12:17:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/15/2013 12:15:44 AM, maxx233 wrote:
At 2/15/2013 12:06:18 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
maxx, why didn't you commit murder-suicide?

I put actions in for it. Why didn't you?

lol What is this?

I think both of you must be third party. Maxx have you recruited/messaged anyone else?
yang.
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 12:24:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Assuming I was role blocked, hopefully we have a watcher that was on me last night as I'd requested? I'm thinking perhaps mestari as doc was on me too, also as I'd requested but didn't expect to actually happen. Or perhaps he was doc for third party and saved Alastair, who I speculated was third party. If ft did his murder suicide too though I'm really not sure how scum could have stopped both of us. I'm way past due for sleep though and don't have much more to say regarding lack of a murder suicide(s) last night. I'll follow speculation tomorrow and hope for the best
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 12:24:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I think it will be helpful if I full claim.

I am Mayor Ethan Hartland, the most capable man in Delderra. My actions will heavily influence the well-being of Delderra. On even night phases, I can protect, watch, track or cop a player. On odd night phases, I can choose to either receive important information from my fellow councilmen of advisers or I can call in MI6 and 3 people will be randomly killed. It is indeed a great burden. I win with the town.

NP1: I chose to listen to advisers. Logic told me that there was a silence during the night in Delderra. There is speculation that some people were paralyzed.

NP2: Watch tvellalott. Logic told me that an adviser recommended that I prepare for the next election. Apparently, I go against my wishes and cave in to their demands doing no investigation for the night.

I was hoping to get results before anyone knows my role but that didn't work out.

My ability to watch and protect players might have something to do with Tulle's role.

@ Tulle, did you receive any info about who visited TV?

I speculate on two possibilities: some roles are useless/flavored; I was roleblocked. Since the mafia roleblocker is dead, I speculate that Budda roleblocked me because he suspected me.

@ TV, did you visit me last night?

@ FT, I think it should be obvious now why I asked TV to target me. I had an investigative type roles and thought that TV cures flavors as he alluded to in his soft-claim on DP1.
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 12:26:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/15/2013 12:17:51 AM, tulle wrote:
At 2/15/2013 12:15:44 AM, maxx233 wrote:
At 2/15/2013 12:06:18 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
maxx, why didn't you commit murder-suicide?

I put actions in for it. Why didn't you?

lol What is this?

I think both of you must be third party. Maxx have you recruited/messaged anyone else?

The murder suicide was my action for the night. Still just ishall and myself in the Mason message
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 12:31:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Breadcrumbs: my second post in the game, I point out that my role is night specific and the the Mayor is town.

At 2/3/2013 12:16:43 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I'll also say that my role is night specific. Haven't read the OP fully but I think the general population and the authorities like the Mayor are probably town. That is my first guess. Will have to come back to it later. Another theory is that roles could be hand-picked based on players and probably similar to death-in-mystere. I'll come back and post more later on.
http://www.debate.org...

"Similar to Death-in-Mystere" was a clue that I am a JOAT. I was also a JOAT in Death-in-Mystere but in a different way: It was a cyclic JOAT role as opposed to JOAT on even nights and something else on odd nights.

I say "night-specific" precisely for this reason.

I say the roles were "handpicked based on players" because I obviously thought my role was special and as a good player, I figured Logic chose me to give this role to.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,756
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 12:42:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I chose not to murder-suicide because I wanted time to find out who Robert Astrid is, and I claimed too late in the Day to give people sufficient time to claim.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,756
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 12:43:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The roles in this game obviously have hidden flavors. Mestari was a 3rd party miller, which I'm assuming means he investigates guilty to ishall.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 5:33:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
@maxx---mestari waived his action last night so, no, he didn't protect you. Nor did anyone else.

@f-16---no.

I'd like to hear people's thoughts. I'd assumed the existence of a mafia doctor due to my role existing, which leaves one of two possibilities (one more likely than the other). With mestari coming up 3P, would it be safe to assume the remaining doctors are town?
yang.
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 5:58:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I believe tulle, given the death of Mestari.

Tulle, what were the other doctors night actions (you don't have to out who he is)?

WE know someone was protected NP1 because of the lack of a kill.

Not sure about F-16's claim.

Didn't maxx claim to be roleblocked too, same as budda?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 6:35:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
@Tuf---I am 99% certain both the other doctors protected themselves NP2 (I'm not told who they are).

Maxx were you told you were role blocked? Or anything at all?

F-16 would you say your role didn't work NP1? Did anyone else have this problem? (I did).

I have to go back over the last DP... I was under the impression FT was going to use his suicide role. At some point I will go through the remaining players and post my reads.
yang.
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 7:15:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/15/2013 5:33:53 AM, tulle wrote:
With mestari coming up 3P, would it be safe to assume the remaining doctors are town?
I don't think Mestari came up 3P... he came up town, but 3P miller... which I agree seems to have been for iShall's eyes. I would think based on the text of my role that there would be either a scum doctor or role blocker.
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 7:35:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/15/2013 6:35:49 AM, tulle wrote:
@Tuf---I am 99% certain both the other doctors protected themselves NP2 (I'm not told who they are).
Does this mean that you're normally not told who the doctor is, just who they're protecing? But last night you weren't told anything? I'm suspecting something to the effect of a universal role block last night maybe... did anyone's actions actually go through?

Maxx were you told you were role blocked? Or anything at all?
I wasn't told anything. Complete silence.

F-16 would you say your role didn't work NP1? Did anyone else have this problem? (I did).
My role worked NP1 - I recruited iShall.

I have to go back over the last DP... I was under the impression FT was going to use his suicide role. At some point I will go through the remaining players and post my reads.
I was under this impression too, and it concerns me that he didn't as I began speculating on in advance last DP. I too will have to think about this

@FT - You had other night actions, correct? What of those? I submitted a mason-message request in case my murder-suicide didn't go through and my night action still applied (I'm not sure whether it would)... Neither action happened.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 8:31:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
FT why is it so important you kill Robert Astrid?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 8:40:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/15/2013 8:38:29 AM, Danielle wrote:
Am I replaced or not?

As of now it doesnt look like it
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 8:55:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
DEAD
Bull_Diesel - Francisco - Flavored Roleblocker - Mafia
Mestari - Doctor Alyssa Raymond - Doctor, TP Miller - Town

ROLES
Budda - Everett Molon - 1X Redirector, 1X Roleblocker
Ishall - Chevalier de Alfheim - Survivor until all 3P killed
Maxx - Christopher Blackburn - Popular townie + Mason + Suicide/Murderer
Drafterman - shmael Chadeau - JOAT
Tulle - Clive Welter - Head Doctor
FT - ???? - Murder-Suicider (Target: Robert Astrid)
F-16 - Mayor Ethan Hartland - Even JOAT + Odd Information Getter/Random Vig

CHARACTERS
Daytona - Naive Caroline
TUF - Rob Lide

UNCLAIMED
Danielle - Voteless if uses night action
TV
HCP
IFLY

I think if we coordinate results we can out a scum this DP.
NP1: I tracked FT; he visited no one. I think this semi-validates his claim.
NP2: I copped Maxx; he is innocent. This clears him for now.

VTL HCP For claim
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 8:59:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Kewl kewl, i rb'd maxx last night just in case he was cult recruiter. Seeing as we know you are not his recruit, there is no reason to be lying about the inno.

So VTL HcP for a claim
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 9:03:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Wait, F-16 is claiming to be RB'd? Well ermm, that doesnt make sense unless there is anotber RB'er besides me alive
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 9:09:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Concerning my activity, the last I checked in, I thought I was hammering Maxx. I forgot that my vote wouldn't count. After that, I didn't sign back onto DDO figuring the DP was over. Based on the nature of my role, I didn't think I had to use my night action. I thought it was automatically implied what I would be doing during the night but I made a mistake (which I will obviously have to explain when I role claim).

I checked the Games forum to see if DP3 was up but it wasn't. I didn't sign in since Mafia is the only reason I have to be on DDO. I figured the posts added to DP2 were just fluff - people talking after the lynch. AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT. Today when I saw DP3 was up, I signed in. I saw that I missed submitting my night action, so today my vote will count.

If I have to be replaced, that's fine. Otherwise, I'm here and my thoughts are still the same as the last time I posted in DP2. Like I said, I have a provable role that is pretty obviously pro-town. The only reason the mafia hasn't killed me yet is because they know I'm an easy scapegoat due to my limited activity. It'll be interested to see how they respond if I'm replaced with a more active player.

Ps. When was the Golden Garden game? Everyone keeps referencing it and I have zero recollection of that entire game. It's honestly kind of fascinating to me that people have so much invested in mafia that they remember details about games from months and months ago lol... that is CRAZY to me. I guess once upon a time I did also.
President of DDO
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 10:07:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/15/2013 8:59:02 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Kewl kewl, i rb'd maxx last night just in case he was cult recruiter. Seeing as we know you are not his recruit, there is no reason to be lying about the inno.

So VTL HcP for a claim

I'm pretty sure this is by far our strongest lead right now. Either Budda is scum (I'm pretty convinced due to this post) or we at least have multiple RBers.

Budda... I put my entire role out there. I said scum was likely to RB me. I asked for a watcher. I said and confirmed that I was going to perform my murder-suicide. I think the reasoning that you believed me to be cult was frail at best to begin with - now, with an inno on me as well, I feel like you must be scum and were just forced to admit this in case someone HAD actually watched me as requested and they came forward saying you'd visited me before you had a chance to say so and make it seem less scummy. Why not mention this intention yesterday?
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 10:28:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/15/2013 10:07:34 AM, maxx233 wrote:
At 2/15/2013 8:59:02 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Kewl kewl, i rb'd maxx last night just in case he was cult recruiter. Seeing as we know you are not his recruit, there is no reason to be lying about the inno.

So VTL HcP for a claim

I'm pretty sure this is by far our strongest lead right now. Either Budda is scum (I'm pretty convinced due to this post) or we at least have multiple RBers.

Wait, wait... LMAO, look at the graveyard buddy, look... At... The... Graveyard. What do you see? ZOMG, a mafia roleblocker that was lynched DP1?!? 0_o, looks like there were multiple roleblockers, and one of dem was mafia. Wonder what that says about me...

Budda... I put my entire role out there.

Ok? The point of this is?

I said scum was likely to RB me.

And just because you say it automatically makes it true?

I asked for a watcher.

Despite being someone who looked scummy. yeahhh,

I said and confirmed that I was going to perform my murder-suicide.

And if you say it, it must automatically make it true =O. good lord, i cant believe i've missed that the whole time i've been playing. In mafia nobody can lie 0_o

I think the reasoning that you believed me to be cult was frail at best to begin with

You can think so all you want, but it was a prevailing concern throughout the DP, which would indicate...

- now, with an inno on me as well, I feel like you must be scum

Wait, care to go back and show me that the inno result came about BEFORE i RB'd you? cause until then, the inno is irrelevant as it was not present when I blocked you.

and were just forced to admit this in case someone HAD actually watched me as requested and they came forward saying you'd visited me before you had a chance to say so and make it seem less scummy.

Wait, wut? dude i've been a claimed 1X RB'er and 1X Rediector since DP1. Bull was lynched partially because it was seen as a CC to my claim. Why would I care if I was watched rb'ing someone who was scummy, and potentially cult recruiter.

Why not mention this intention yesterday?

So from now on, everyone must out whom they will be targeting with their action before they do so?

Really, i'm starting to think either ur a noob for this FOS, or that inno drafter has isnt correct, cause this FOS was just... Idk... Didnt make much sense
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
ishallannoyyo
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 10:39:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Has anyone been told if they have been roleblocked? I sent in my night action, but I didn't receive a result. I'm not sure if it was because I was roleblocked or not.