Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Sherlock Mafia - Endgame

IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 7:29:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
1st Place: Flavored Serial Killer(Drafterman)
2nd Place: Town and Mafia


Third party

Drafterman: Jeff Hope- Nobody pays attention to a taxi cab driver. I suppose that"s what makes you such a great serial killer. You have your own unique way of killing people. In the show, you played a little game with your victims. If they lost, they died. If they won, you would die. In this game, you will be playing a game of a similar nature. Each night, you may choose one person to play a little game. The game is simple. All they have to do is guess your identity. If they guess incorrectly, they will die and it will take one less person to win the game. Otherwise, you must be the last person alive to win.

Example: If you target person X, and person X incorrectly guesses your identity, then that person will die and you now only have to be one of the last two players alive instead of the last player alive.

If the person guesses your identity correctly, then you die and lose the game. You will show up as innocent to most investigations. Be warned, your role is useless against Sherlock. You win with yourself.

Mafia

TheAntidoter: Raoul de Santos- Nobody suspected that the housekeeper was the one to kill Connie Prince. All you wanted was for Connie Prince to stop humiliating her brother. You are the GOON. You win with the mafia.

Daytona: Jim Moriarty- Sherlock"s arch nemesis and criminal mastermind. You have a wide range of resources at your disposal and use them efficiently to manipulate the police and to get what you want. Each night, you may choose from the following two abilities

Universal lawyer

Ninja/Frame

Be warned, your role is useless against Sherlock.

Budda: Dr. Bob Franklin- Some people just get too involved in their work. When project H.O.U.N.D was shut down, you continued your experiments in secret. You even went so far as to murder Henry Knight"s father so the authorities wouldn"t find out. The hallucinogen you were working on creates fear in the victim which causes the person to temporarily go insane. Each night, you may choose one person to roleblock. Thus, you are the roleblocker. You win with the mafia.

Maxx: Oscar Dzundza(Golem)- You are an assassin who was hired to kill Alex Woodbridge. When the Authorities found his body, it wasn"t even recognizable. Once in the game, you may choose one person to killl. Their role will be revealed to the mafia but will be hidden from town. Thus, you are the JANITOR. You win with the mafia.

*Note: The janitor kill is separate from the mafia NK.

Town

Noumena: Sherlock Holmes- You have the mind of philosopher and scientist, but choose to be a detective. Maybe it"s because you love a little adventure. Whatever it is that drives you, nobody can argue that you are an awesome detective. Or rather consulting detective. Each night, you may choose from two abilities.

Investigate somebody. Your investigation will penetrate any flavoring.

Investigate a body. You will be told who killed them the next NP.

Also, let"s face it. Nobody likes you. You have no friends. Half the police force thinks you"re a psychopath who does half the murders you investigate. Thus, you are also the MILLER.

Trekie: John Watson- Before you and Sherlock hit it off as a crime fighting team, you were a doctor in the army. Each night, you may choose one person to protect. Thus, you are the DOCTOR. You win with the town.

Lannan: DI Dimmock- You are certainly no Sherlock, but you are still a promising detective. If Sherlock has faith in you, then you have to be good. Each night, you may choose to investigate somebody. Thus, you are the DETECTIVE. You win with the town.

Royal: Irene Adler- You have collected all sorts of incriminating information on people and use that information as blackmail. Each night, you may blackmail a person into using their role on somebody else. Thus, you are the REDIRECTOR. You win with the town.

Drafterman(1): Soo Lin Yao- You made the mistake of joining the Black Lotus when you were younger. Unfortunately, one cannot just leave a criminal organization as big as the Black Lotus. You had to move to London and even went so far as to go in hiding in a museum to try escaping the Black Lotus. Each night, you may choose one person to hide behind. Any actions targeting you will target the person you hide behind instead. Thus, you are the hider . You win with the town.

Fourtrouble: Mrs. Hudson- Although you may keep things tidy around the house, you have made it very clear you are not Sherlock"s housekeeper. You"re just an old lady who might have made sure her husband was executed. Thus, you are the VANILLA. You win with the town.

Bull_Diesel: DI Carter- You"re arrogant and have terrible instincts. Each night, you may investigate somebody. Thus, you are the DETECTIVE. Your results will always be guilty. You may at no point in the game tell anybody the true nature of your role. You win with the town.

Mestari/Bull_Diesel(2): Mycroft Holmes- Even though you and your brother may not be on the best of terms, you care deeply for him. That is why you have him under government surveillance. In fact, you seem to have a lot of people under surveillance as shown when you tell John Watson that you keep a watch on criminals like Moriarty. Each night, you may choose somebody to watch. I will tell you who visited them. Thus, you are the WATCHER. You win with the town.

Royal: Jeanette- Who are you again? Sherlock most certainly can"t remember your name. Oh wait, that"s right, you"re that one boring teacher. You are the VANILLA. You win with the town.

15. Sally Donovan- You are one of Lestrade"s most valuable detectives. Each night, you may choose to investigate somebody. Thus, you are the DETECTIVE. You win with the town.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 7:34:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/16/2013 7:32:58 PM, drafterman wrote:
Was Lannan naive?

Nope, Daytona had a universal lawyer that made everybody in the mafia PM show up as innocent. Still working on my endgame analysis btw.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 7:36:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/16/2013 7:34:15 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 2/16/2013 7:32:58 PM, drafterman wrote:
Was Lannan naive?

Nope, Daytona had a universal lawyer that made everybody in the mafia PM show up as innocent. Still working on my endgame analysis btw.

Right, but Lannan said he investigated me and I was innocent. Mistake? Lie?
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 7:36:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Although I am sad you snatched it from between my fingers - Excellent win, kudos! Did you figure out what happened to drafter1 yet? ;)

Also, for what it's worth and future reference, this game was a great example of why I sometimes fake claim as town. Sherlock should never have out himself so early. Even if we didn't know sherlock was powerful due to Daytona's role, my reaction to his miller claim would have been no different and he still would have been the NK target if I hadn't managed to get him lynched
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 7:37:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/16/2013 7:36:25 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/16/2013 7:34:15 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 2/16/2013 7:32:58 PM, drafterman wrote:
Was Lannan naive?

Nope, Daytona had a universal lawyer that made everybody in the mafia PM show up as innocent. Still working on my endgame analysis btw.

Right, but Lannan said he investigated me and I was innocent. Mistake? Lie?

"You will show up as innocent to most investigations." Only Sherlock would have investigated you as guilty.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 7:38:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/16/2013 7:36:50 PM, maxx233 wrote:
Although I am sad you snatched it from between my fingers - Excellent win, kudos! Did you figure out what happened to drafter1 yet? ;)

I imagine you tried to kill me but were redirected to FT as your special kill and someone else was the mafia regular kill.


Also, for what it's worth and future reference, this game was a great example of why I sometimes fake claim as town. Sherlock should never have out himself so early. Even if we didn't know sherlock was powerful due to Daytona's role, my reaction to his miller claim would have been no different and he still would have been the NK target if I hadn't managed to get him lynched
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 7:39:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/16/2013 7:37:58 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 2/16/2013 7:36:25 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/16/2013 7:34:15 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 2/16/2013 7:32:58 PM, drafterman wrote:
Was Lannan naive?

Nope, Daytona had a universal lawyer that made everybody in the mafia PM show up as innocent. Still working on my endgame analysis btw.

Right, but Lannan said he investigated me and I was innocent. Mistake? Lie?

"You will show up as innocent to most investigations." Only Sherlock would have investigated you as guilty.

Missed that part. Whew!
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 7:39:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
NP1

Town actions
Noumena- Investigate Drafter
Drafter- Hide behind FT
Lannan- Investigate MIG
Ishall-Investigate Ishall
Bull-watch FT
*Mod error-Royal was supposed to have visited FT even though she died. I didn"t realize my mistake until later, at which point I decided to keep quiet since it little impact the game.
Trekie-Doc Trekie

TP
TUF-target Royal

Mafia
Daytona-Universal lawyer
Budda-Roleblock Trekie
Maxx-Janitor Drafter
Anti-Kill Noumena

NP2

Town
Trekie-roleblocked
Ishall-Investigate Lannan
Lannan-Investigate Daytona
Bull_Diesel-Watch TUF/Drafter

Mafia
Budda-Roleblock Trekie
Daytona-universal lawyer
Budda-perform NK on Bull

TP
Drafter-target Budda

NP3

Town
Trekie docs herself
Lannan investigates Drafter
Ishall investigates Trekie

Mafia
Daytona-universal lawyer
Maxx-perform NK on Royal

TP
Drafter-target Daytona

I didn't write down NP3 night actions, so I'm pulling those from my memory.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 7:39:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm honestly in shock maxx wasn't lynched the moment drafter claimed a flavored hider... maxx admits he targets drafter but shows up visiting me, the night-kill. Which confirms drafter's role but not maxx's... hence maxx should have been lynched ASAP.
trekie
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 7:42:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Good game guys.

I was absolutely useless. Maxx had me almost the whole time. I did know Drafter was the SK since DP3 though. I thought he was useful for catching scum, and we could kill him last. Couldn't have expected him to have that flavour.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 7:42:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Good game to all. Well played Drafter. I will say that NP2 had I knowm you had replaced TUF, it wouldbe been obvs you were Mr. Hope.

In fact I scratched off TUF from the PoE i did specifically because he hadnt been online in an entire day, and thus from my perspective wouldnt of been able to submit the action.

I can see why IFLY didnt disclose the replacements, but at the same time its painful that said same reason is why I never even guessed TUF/You

But anyways, good game ;)
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 7:43:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/16/2013 7:40:58 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
drafter's flavored SK role was awesome btw...

^^this
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 7:44:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/16/2013 7:39:48 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
I'm honestly in shock maxx wasn't lynched the moment drafter claimed a flavored hider... maxx admits he targets drafter but shows up visiting me, the night-kill. Which confirms drafter's role but not maxx's... hence maxx should have been lynched ASAP.

My initial instinct was to believe maxx was town as I didn't think a mafioso would have revealed that they were redirected. By the time I came to reconsider it, I was lynched and put back in the game as TP.

TA tried to push for a lynch on maxx the day after, but the second I placed even the slightest bit of pressure, he folded like a house of cards.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 7:46:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/16/2013 7:40:58 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
drafter's flavored SK role was awesome btw...

It was certainly an excellent spin. Surviving the whole game is next to impossible, plus each kill had the opportunity to backfire, limiting my options. I couldn't really target people I was FOSing during the day, or they'd figure it out too quick.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 7:48:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/16/2013 7:42:55 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Good game to all. Well played Drafter. I will say that NP2 had I knowm you had replaced TUF, it wouldbe been obvs you were Mr. Hope.

In fact I scratched off TUF from the PoE i did specifically because he hadnt been online in an entire day, and thus from my perspective wouldnt of been able to submit the action.

I can see why IFLY didnt disclose the replacements, but at the same time its painful that said same reason is why I never even guessed TUF/You

But anyways, good game ;)

I was thinking about that and, yeah, I exploited what was certain to be a sure-fire kill. Had IFLY made an announcement I would have chosen someone else (don't know who, though).
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 7:49:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/16/2013 7:38:40 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/16/2013 7:36:50 PM, maxx233 wrote:
Although I am sad you snatched it from between my fingers - Excellent win, kudos! Did you figure out what happened to drafter1 yet? ;)

I imagine you tried to kill me but were redirected to FT as your special kill and someone else was the mafia regular kill.
Yup... did you actually not realize at the time what happened, or was that a bluff to keep mafia alive and low on the mafia kill-list? I'd been wondering the whole game why you of all people weren't seeing it, but was distracted by other matters and not terribly concerned why you were misreading me - as long as you were and I could keep it that way ;) Very nice
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 7:53:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/16/2013 7:49:55 PM, maxx233 wrote:
At 2/16/2013 7:38:40 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/16/2013 7:36:50 PM, maxx233 wrote:
Although I am sad you snatched it from between my fingers - Excellent win, kudos! Did you figure out what happened to drafter1 yet? ;)

I imagine you tried to kill me but were redirected to FT as your special kill and someone else was the mafia regular kill.
Yup... did you actually not realize at the time what happened, or was that a bluff to keep mafia alive and low on the mafia kill-list? I'd been wondering the whole game why you of all people weren't seeing it, but was distracted by other matters and not terribly concerned why you were misreading me - as long as you were and I could keep it that way ;) Very nice

At first I didn't. By the time I really started considering it, I pegged Budda as scum, died, and game in as TP. I found the way that Anti was going after you was completely like scum, and went after him. After that, it didn't matter.
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 7:56:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/16/2013 7:53:22 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/16/2013 7:49:55 PM, maxx233 wrote:
At 2/16/2013 7:38:40 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/16/2013 7:36:50 PM, maxx233 wrote:
Although I am sad you snatched it from between my fingers - Excellent win, kudos! Did you figure out what happened to drafter1 yet? ;)

I imagine you tried to kill me but were redirected to FT as your special kill and someone else was the mafia regular kill.
Yup... did you actually not realize at the time what happened, or was that a bluff to keep mafia alive and low on the mafia kill-list? I'd been wondering the whole game why you of all people weren't seeing it, but was distracted by other matters and not terribly concerned why you were misreading me - as long as you were and I could keep it that way ;) Very nice

At first I didn't. By the time I really started considering it, I pegged Budda as scum, died, and game in as TP. I found the way that Anti was going after you was completely like scum, and went after him. After that, it didn't matter.
Well played, good sir.. well played.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 8:00:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Game Design

I'm a little iffy about the balance. Town had a ton of investigative roles, and I tried to counter this by giving mafia a janitor. Unfortunately, most of the major power roles were outed on DP1 letting them be more confirmed, and therefore harder to mislynch then if they would have been if they outed themselves after mafia janitored somebody. From then on, mafia was just basically NK'ing one power role after another(though I don't quite understand the decision behind NK'ing Royal).

Drafter's role was the only one I was really unsure about. I thought he may hit one mafia, and then focus on killing inactive/inexperienced townies. My thought process was that he's going to want to target townies since they are more likely to guess incorrectly, but he's going to want to hit at least one mafiaoso because he loses if mafia gain the majority. Instead, he decided to demolish mafia. Didn't see that one coming. Well maybe. It's Drafter after all.

MVP- Even though he wasn't town, Drafter definitely deserves this award. He holds sole responsible for the death of three mafiaso's. This guy is a beast, and he certainly lived up to his reputation. Also trekie did fairly well for her first game, though I think she should have been as vocal in the DP as she was in her role PM.

On the mafia side, Budda and Maxx played brilliantly. Budda was leading the mislynches and Maxx was doing an excellent job of keeping pressure off himself.

In conclusion, thanks to everybody for playing. Hope you enjoyed the game.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 8:13:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/16/2013 8:00:41 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
Game Design

Drafter's role was the only one I was really unsure about. I thought he may hit one mafia, and then focus on killing inactive/inexperienced townies. My thought process was that he's going to want to target townies since they are more likely to guess incorrectly, but he's going to want to hit at least one mafiaoso because he loses if mafia gain the majority. Instead, he decided to demolish mafia. Didn't see that one coming. Well maybe. It's Drafter after all.

To be fair, when I came into the game it was, indeed, MYLO, (TA, Daytona, maxx vs. 5 townies). There was too much suspicion flying around to hope for a NL, so it basically had to be mafioso, and TA put himself out there.

However, even with a good lynch, it wouldn't help the MYLO situation, since they would have balanced it with a Town NK (Daytona, maxx + 4 townies), so my only hope of improving the situation was to kill a mafia. I did suspect Lannan, but figured he would have guessed me correctly, as I was FOSing him. I went with inactive Daytona, mostly because of his claim.

I really thought Mafia would have Nkd me. Not sure why they didn't.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 8:13:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/16/2013 7:56:30 PM, maxx233 wrote:
At 2/16/2013 7:53:22 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/16/2013 7:49:55 PM, maxx233 wrote:
At 2/16/2013 7:38:40 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/16/2013 7:36:50 PM, maxx233 wrote:
Although I am sad you snatched it from between my fingers - Excellent win, kudos! Did you figure out what happened to drafter1 yet? ;)

I imagine you tried to kill me but were redirected to FT as your special kill and someone else was the mafia regular kill.
Yup... did you actually not realize at the time what happened, or was that a bluff to keep mafia alive and low on the mafia kill-list? I'd been wondering the whole game why you of all people weren't seeing it, but was distracted by other matters and not terribly concerned why you were misreading me - as long as you were and I could keep it that way ;) Very nice

At first I didn't. By the time I really started considering it, I pegged Budda as scum, died, and game in as TP. I found the way that Anti was going after you was completely like scum, and went after him. After that, it didn't matter.
Well played, good sir.. well played.

Gracias
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 8:16:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/16/2013 8:09:02 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
And now to start working on a concept game that I didn't want to do yet until I had modded a normal game.

That's gonna be interesting. The game I'll be modding before you is a concept as well... we'll have two in a row.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 8:16:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I couldnt outright say mafia should NK you Drafter, even though I knew ot was you. IFLY had said I couldnt disclose anything about the whole situation with the SK, and given I knew your identity, I was walking a tightrope.

I said "kill an experienced" I never imagined they'd choose Royal, instead of the person who had just led a lynch on a fellow teammate. XD
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 8:21:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/16/2013 8:16:59 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
I couldnt outright say mafia should NK you Drafter, even though I knew ot was you. IFLY had said I couldnt disclose anything about the whole situation with the SK, and given I knew your identity, I was walking a tightrope.

I said "kill an experienced" I never imagined they'd choose Royal, instead of the person who had just led a lynch on a fellow teammate. XD

Yeah, I figured when I went against TA, I was a dead man, though I guess my misread on lannan, and defense of maxx, helped dull my threat.