Total Posts:678|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Madness in Delderra DP 4

Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 3:33:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Rob Lide sat calmly with his knife at the ready. A knife was so helpful in the medical profession he thought. Yes, what wonders one could do with a knife... And his colleagues deigned to call him eccentric? What a joke! Or, so he maintained.

But, in the end, he didn't really handle the knife very well.

Rob Lide waved his knife through the air before the quiet footsteps approached him. For some reason, he turned, and looked at his killer. He put his knife up to guard himself. However, the knife was little protection as the sword came forward, and plunged through his heart.

They say the one person a healer can't heal is themselves. Well, tragically, this was a case in point, especially as our healer was preparing to assist another...

TUF - Rob Lide- Ho, you're that sharp doc who always carries a knife. You may protect 1 person for a night; actions must be said before the DP of the number of the coming NP (ie. Submit by end of DP 1 a NP 1 action) ... can't cut up a patient who"s already bleeding to death, right? You win with the town.

On a different note, the guilt of Doctor Clive Welter has been established. The good doctor still protests many a matter, but the police aren't letting him go!

Tulle - Doctor Clive Welter - You are the head doctor. What does this mean? You receive a plan of every doctor's action for the night - their night actions, prior to the NP; their night actions must be submitted a NP prior. Also, once in the game you can effect a piercing kill on a doctor protected target by tampering with the chemicals utilised. This is a substitute for the Mafia night kill. You win with the Mafia.

Mod comment: Our good story depicts this good doctor as the 'man in the boutonniere' .

Living Players

1. Danielle
2. HCP
3. TV
4. Drafterman
5. FourTrouble
6. Maxx
7. SarcasticIndeed
8. F-16
9. Buddamoose
10. Ishall
11. Daytona

It takes 6 votes to lynch.

I, your good moderator, also implore people to follow the rules. Rule breakages, while dealt with leniently (for certain reasons) so far have the potential for consequences. Do not risk my ire friends!
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 8:58:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Has everybody character/role claimed? I know that both drafterman and F16 claimed roles similar to mine. F16 detailed his role as have I. Has drafterman explained his role? While I haven't been scrutinizing this game 100 percent, I haven't noticed drafterman post in awhile. Either I skimmed over his post(s) or he's lurking and nobody's calling him out on it. What info has drafter given about his role? I will look back for that and the claims list if I happen to get a free minute at work today. If someone else could post it so I don"t have to search, that would be great. I used my role last night and thus can vote in the DP, btw. Only on the nights that I am learning a role can I not use it the following DP.
President of DDO
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 9:44:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 8:58:16 AM, Danielle wrote:
Has everybody character/role claimed? I know that both drafterman and F16 claimed roles similar to mine. F16 detailed his role as have I. Has drafterman explained his role? While I haven't been scrutinizing this game 100 percent, I haven't noticed drafterman post in awhile. Either I skimmed over his post(s) or he's lurking and nobody's calling him out on it. What info has drafter given about his role? I will look back for that and the claims list if I happen to get a free minute at work today. If someone else could post it so I don"t have to search, that would be great. I used my role last night and thus can vote in the DP, btw. Only on the nights that I am learning a role can I not use it the following DP.

I'm curious why you're not dead yet. What action did you take, what are the results.
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 9:51:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
With Tulle flipping mafia I had to conclude that Sarcastic probably is not mafia. Or at least isn't mafia anymore as he claims. In case the general consensus is otherwise, which I don't believe it is, I figure it's easy to rectify - we can either lynch him or i can murder suicide him still. In case the general consensus is that he's town, as I suspect it is - I figured it's kinda silly to needlessly kill two townies.

On that note - sarcastic... what happened to your killing abilities - I presume you're not the one who killed TUF, so who did you target and why?
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 10:07:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 9:44:07 AM, maxx233 wrote:
I'm curious why you're not dead yet. What action did you take, what are the results.

...Um, why would I be dead? There have only been 3 night phases - 1 with no kill (the night that HCP says he protected me) and I have been mostly inactive until the last DP when the mafia chose to kill a doctor. I wasn't a threat to the mafia and in fact I pointed out last DP why the mafia had an incentive to keep me alive as an easy scapegoat for lynching - especially since almost everyone FOS'd me. I think this comment is extremely odd. I have no incentive to out my action and/or results (assuming I used an action that yielded results) just yet. Why not post the claims list or answer my question regarding what drafterman has said about his role?
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 10:08:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Also, yesterday FourTrouble asked me about my murder-suicide target since that is one of the roles I can learn if I so choose. My role description doesn"t give me a target, so I"m assuming I can use it on anybody (not that I understand what that action is in the first place).
President of DDO
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 10:35:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 8:58:16 AM, Danielle wrote:
Has everybody character/role claimed? I know that both drafterman and F16 claimed roles similar to mine.

Stop trying to force a CC.

F16 detailed his role as have I. Has drafterman explained his role? While I haven't been scrutinizing this game 100 percent, I haven't noticed drafterman post in awhile. Either I skimmed over his post(s) or he's lurking and nobody's calling him out on it. What info has drafter given about his role? I will look back for that and the claims list if I happen to get a free minute at work today. If someone else could post it so I don"t have to search, that would be great. I used my role last night and thus can vote in the DP, btw. Only on the nights that I am learning a role can I not use it the following DP.

I gave my name and my night actions. I tracked FT NP1 and investigated maxx NP2.

I gave my results because I believed that we could try and piece something together, but people basically ignored that and FOSd me for no reason (my character name is French and I am a kind JOAT).

Since I was FOS'd for giving out information, I'm not inclined to give out more, just so people can pick it apart. People aren't interested in objective analysis, they are interested twisting anything and everything into being scum.

So that's all you're getting.
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 10:44:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 10:07:37 AM, Danielle wrote:
Why not post the claims list or answer my question regarding what drafterman has said about his role?

Because I see absolutely no reason to trust you. Here's what I understand, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong:
1) You claim to be able to learn abilities.
2) You claim the only reason you're still alive is you're inactive and not a threat to the mafia (even though you're claiming you can learn abilities)
3) If you're town, each night you run an increasing risk of death since you're a) more active and b) increasingly a larger threa to the mafia - and yet you refuse to tell the town your actions, results, or anything that could actually HELP town. If you're town, do you just intend to die with these useful secrets?
4) If you're scum, you can claim to have whatever ability is easiest to claim at that moment with the seemingly lowest chance of any CC - or in the heat of the moment you can make yourself seem far too valuable to town (since you can adapt your claim and results to the moment) so that they couldn't possibly decide to lynch you

Please detail out where I'm wrong and feel free to correct me!
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 10:57:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sooo maxx, if you didnt murder suicide then what did you do?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 10:58:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 10:57:48 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Sooo maxx, if you didnt murder suicide then what did you do?

"Mason" someone?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 11:05:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Btw, VTL Danielle

The way I see it is this, either Danielle or FT is scum. To me it sure as heck isnt FT, especially now with Tulle flipping scum, its even moreso obvious considering throughout the entire game up until her death she was FOS'ing the both of us.

Add into that, that Danielle did say she used her role last night correct? And has been adamant that it was a confirmable townien role correct? Yet she doesnt disclose what that action was to role confirm herself as she has seemingly been so adamant about doing, even saying last DP she wanted doc protection so she could do so.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 11:21:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Both Drafter and Danielle should claim. I don't see how just saying "no" would stop people from trying to get a claim. I have a drafterlist posted in my role PM but I want to get their claims before posting it here.

@ Drafter, why check Maxx NP2 when he was planning to die? Also, were you suspicious of FT NP1? If so, what made you suspicious?
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 11:26:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 10:58:10 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 2/20/2013 10:57:48 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Sooo maxx, if you didnt murder suicide then what did you do?

"Mason" someone?

I did, I would like to keep that private for now though until I've had time to discuss any details with them. I'm not that worried about it, I'll tell if people want me to, but I'm trying to figure out some way of making this whole masonry thing productive and I'd like to not compromise the vague plan I sort of have. I have no problem if they decide to come out and tell everyone though, I'm just kinda trying to offer a discreet more private meeting space if they want it. Although I'm sure it'll be clear in the end-game I'm not entirely sure what else to really do with the role as of yet.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 11:38:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 11:21:39 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Both Drafter and Danielle should claim. I don't see how just saying "no" would stop people from trying to get a claim. I have a drafterlist posted in my role PM but I want to get their claims before posting it here.

@ Drafter, why check Maxx NP2 when he was planning to die? Also, were you suspicious of FT NP1? If so, what made you suspicious?

This is awesome. You accuse me of not claiming, then ask me follow-up questions based upon what I've claimed. Can't have it both ways. I'll decline to answer until you resole the paradox. Either I've claimed or I haven't. Pick one.
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 12:08:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Drafter, I would like to know your action/result for NP3. I think it's useful and there's no reason not to share. Please and thankyou ;)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 12:23:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Maxx, I'd like you to out who you recruited as well. Maybe I am just paranoid but I want insurance in case you somehow end up cult by knowing who all the members are. I don't see how you would know of a murder suicide role unless it is a 1X cult ability to murder suicide someone and let your teammates carry the cult to a win. It is speculative but I don't see a downside to outing so town can have peace of mind. The person you recruited isn't going to a mafia target because they aren't "confirmed" since you can recruit mafia as well so I don't see a reason to hold back.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 12:50:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 10:44:24 AM, maxx233 wrote:
At 2/20/2013 10:07:37 AM, Danielle wrote:
Why not post the claims list or answer my question regarding what drafterman has said about his role?

Because I see absolutely no reason to trust you.

Posting the list of claims should be done regardless of whether or not you trust me. It's standard to use it as a frame of reference. Nice try. And btw if I were mafia, I would just ask one of my teammates to post it for me so I don't care if you trust me or not. I'm sure someone will post it sooner or later; I have no time to look back for it now.

Here's what I understand, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong:
1) You claim to be able to learn abilities.

Yep - I claimed that yesterday and asked for a doctor to be on me since I have townie-ish powers and can prove them... what's your point?

2) You claim the only reason you're still alive is you're inactive and not a threat to the mafia (even though you're claiming you can learn abilities)

Again, I claimed this yesterday and the mafia chose to kill a doctor instead. I don't see what your point is. I never said the ONLY reason to keep me alive is because I was previously less active. I said that it was a good reason to keep me alive though as the inactives are easy scapegoats. I stand by that.

3) If you're town, each night you run an increasing risk of death since you're a) more active and b) increasingly a larger threa to the mafia - and yet you refuse to tell the town your actions, results, or anything that could actually HELP town. If you're town, do you just intend to die with these useful secrets?

Um, you are reaching. Desperately. I NEVER refused to out my night actions. I haven't done it yet because there hasn't been a need. I will gladly out my results but first I wanted to ask about drafterman. I tracked drafterman last night. He didn't visit anyone which seemed incredibly odd for an alleged JOAT. I wonder how he will explain this. I was hoping he would say he did something that I could counter, but now that you've made me out my action and results (gee wiz your hunches are so great!) now he is at a significant advantage in coming up with an explanation if he is scum.

4) If you're scum, you can claim to have whatever ability is easiest to claim at that moment with the seemingly lowest chance of any CC - or in the heat of the moment you can make yourself seem far too valuable to town (since you can adapt your claim and results to the moment) so that they couldn't possibly decide to lynch you

Please detail out where I'm wrong and feel free to correct me!

I have no idea what you're trying to say with point #4. It's not a point in favor of why the mafia hasn't killed me. It's simply saying my role is shady, which is hilarious given how everybody's role can be considered shady. Also, I specifically outlined what abilities I could learn and can tell people in advance which I plan to use. Fail.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 12:51:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 11:05:08 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Btw, VTL Danielle

The way I see it is this, either Danielle or FT is scum.

I would love for you to explain this. Why do either one of us have to be scum?

Add into that, that Danielle did say she used her role last night correct? And has been adamant that it was a confirmable townien role correct? Yet she doesnt disclose what that action was to role confirm herself as she has seemingly been so adamant about doing, even saying last DP she wanted doc protection so she could do so.

Um, fail. I outed my action. I just saw absolutely no need to do it right off the bat and explained why.
President of DDO
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 12:54:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
so where did you out your action?

and its the discrepancy in that FT/Maxx can kill their target regardless of knowing whom they specifically are, and yet you can choose whomever you want to murder-suicide.

Beyond that you are partially CC'd by both FT and Maxx in regard to your murder-suicide

And adding on to that partially CC'd by F-16 and Drafter in regards to being a JOAT

in other words, you're being CC'd in multiple ways. The only one who is facing such a situation.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 12:57:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Add on top of all that, that your behavior has been FAR from townie, and dont ask me to go into it all over again, its been explained by numerous people beside myself multiple times, and we imo, have a clear cut scum in you.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 1:04:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The whole JOAT thing is confusing. Drafter, do you have a reason you haven't submit your night action, or were you somehow blocked?
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 1:20:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 12:54:38 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
so where did you out your action?

and its the discrepancy in that FT/Maxx can kill their target regardless of knowing whom they specifically are, and yet you can choose whomever you want to murder-suicide.

Beyond that you are partially CC'd by both FT and Maxx in regard to your murder-suicide

And adding on to that partially CC'd by F-16 and Drafter in regards to being a JOAT

in other words, you're being CC'd in multiple ways. The only one who is facing such a situation.

Oh... I'm being CC'd so that automatically makes me scum? Just like how there were multiple doctors and yet not all of them were scum? Just like how there were multiple role blockers and you're claiming that you're not scum? That's a stupid explanation. Also, their JOAT roles aren't exactly like mine.

People haven't given any reason whatsoever on why I seem scum except for the fact that I wasn't that active on DP1 or 2, and was hesitant to hammer. I've since been more active and explained that hammering is always risky. I also pointed out that if I knew I would be hammering a guilty, I would have been more enthusiastic about it. Player behavior read FAIL.
President of DDO
maxx233
Posts: 498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 1:25:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 12:50:11 PM, Danielle wrote:
Um, you are reaching. Desperately. I NEVER refused to out my night actions. I haven't done it yet because there hasn't been a need. I will gladly out my results but first I wanted to ask about drafterman. I tracked drafterman last night. He didn't visit anyone which seemed incredibly odd for an alleged JOAT. I wonder how he will explain this. I was hoping he would say he did something that I could counter, but now that you've made me out my action and results (gee wiz your hunches are so great!) now he is at a significant advantage in coming up with an explanation if he is scum.

Thankyou. What had you done NP2?
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 1:25:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 1:20:38 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 2/20/2013 12:54:38 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
so where did you out your action?

and its the discrepancy in that FT/Maxx can kill their target regardless of knowing whom they specifically are, and yet you can choose whomever you want to murder-suicide.

Beyond that you are partially CC'd by both FT and Maxx in regard to your murder-suicide

And adding on to that partially CC'd by F-16 and Drafter in regards to being a JOAT

in other words, you're being CC'd in multiple ways. The only one who is facing such a situation.

Oh... I'm being CC'd so that automatically makes me scum? Just like how there were multiple doctors and yet not all of them were scum?

But one of them was, so i'm not sure what you're trying to prove

Just like how there were multiple role blockers and you're claiming that you're not scum?

Well so far there appears to be two OR three, one mafia dead, one townie alive, and one likely townie/tp remaining silent.

That's a stupid explanation. Also, their JOAT roles aren't exactly like mine.

Hence partial CC, but Bull's role wasnt exactly like mine now was it?


People haven't given any reason whatsoever on why I seem scum except for the fact that I wasn't that active on DP1 or 2, and was hesitant to hammer.

More than that

I've since been more active and explained that hammering is always risky. I also pointed out that if I knew I would be hammering a guilty, I would have been more enthusiastic about it.

Which is WIFOM, and thus kinda useless

Player behavior read FAIL.

mmhm, of course you would have that opinion
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 1:27:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So Drafter didnt visit anyone? interesting...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 1:29:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/20/2013 12:08:00 PM, maxx233 wrote:
Drafter, I would like to know your action/result for NP3. I think it's useful and there's no reason not to share. Please and thankyou ;)

That's what I thought last phase, and then everyone started FOSing me. O'Reilly can't explain that.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 1:32:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Whatever.

I'm going to be gone the rest of the night so, here:

I'm Ishmael Chadeau.
My experience results in me being an investigative JOAT. I can watch, track, and cop.
My age means I have to do nothing every third night.

So I did nothing last night.

P.S. There is no such thing as a partial CC.