Jump to topic:

Madness in Delderra DP 5

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 11:59:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Modnote: This OP is somewhat lengthy, yet important (and fun to read) . Recommended reading, even if bad writing [had to rewrite this after Internet crash...].

The man quietly strolled through the streets, the cool air and light breeze blowing silently against his clothes. 'Twas was a pleasant night amidst the bright streetlights. All except for what he had to do... that was why he grasped his sword. That was why his hand never drifted from the scabbard of his sword.

And then the man stepped in front of him. Everett Molon, out of the air had materialised, if appearing from the dark could be called materialising. He spoke.

"Sir, I must ask you to stop at once," said Mr. Molon gravely.
"Oh, I will stop Mr. Molon, but why must I do so?" replied the man calmly.
"If you should search for a body to slay with that sword, then I must interpose with my own, but first we will clash swords, villain." The man laughed bitterly.
"How funny that you should say so Mr. Molon, for I had ventured to seek you out tonight."
"Well, let it be said that we both came prepared then."
"Yes, yes indeed..." replied the man sadly, and regretfully.

Upon the end of these reflections of duty and honour came the first blow. Everett Molon slashed forward, and the man brought his sword up to block, The sound of ringing steel piercing the eerie silence. Again and again Everett struck, and he began to feel himself moving forward across the cobblestones beneath him. But on not a single stroke did his melancholy foe stumble backwards. He retreated, but with sublime control and grace, never missing a step.

And then the wanderer of the night came forth, in a bout of confusion, gazing out at the figures and their shining swords, and listening to the song of steel.

"Mr. Molon, whatever are you doing?" But his voice was drowned out by the song of steel. He rose to speak again, raising his normally timid voice.
'Mr. Molon..." Suddenly, hands rounded upon Robert Astrid's throat, and his attention was jerked from the ongoing duel. He never saw the light again.

Everett Molon was beginning to tire. The blades had clashed half a hundred times, and it was he who was tiring. Even the strongest man tires eventually when pressing an attack. Everett struck out clumsily, and the man checked the blow, slowly spinning to his right. Everett tried a sideways cut at his foe, but it glanced wide of the mark.

And then, it was as if realisation dawned upon him - he was open to an attack. Desperately, Everett made as if to jerk backwards, but not a moment later he saw steel bloodied and protruding from his body. He collapsed. For one last time he saw his foe, and a small tear ran down the man's eye, regretful.

Buddamoose - Everett Molon- Friend, you always stand in the way of injustice. That"s why you'll once redirect an action from a player of your choosing onto you. You'll also once negate any one role action in this game. You can prevent only 2 actions this entire game (some may be town actions) , so act wisely. You win with the town.

Danielle - Robert Astrid- You my friend are one who wanders in this crowded world of ours looking for the bliss of solitude. You would give all your energy to just read in an endless library for eternity, and find solace in the fount of knowledge. You now have that opportunity - a library of much knowledge is before you. It would take only 2 nights to learn the skills of a doctor or murder-suicide or soothsayer. It takes only 1 night to learn the skills of a messenger, tracker or bodyguard. It takes 3 nights to gain cop powers. You may inquire about other roles of interest and I'll determine how long it takes to learn them. You can learn multiple abilities, although only utilise 1 a night. There is also a price to this knowledge - for every NP you spend learning an ability to following DP you lack the ability to vote in any capacity. You win with the town.

And then there was Ms. Chambers' untimely arrest...

FT - Hatsue Chambers - For so many years you loved Robert Astrid , but he... was always doing something else. Always seemingly hiding in the shadows or eerily distant from Delderrian society; a detached man. Now you have doubts as people in the town begin to die. Is he responsible? You may murder suicide Robert Astrid any night you wish. Your other ability is as a detective of the deceased - while you"re alive you will see role PMs with all relevant modnotes which were unseen to the players. You win with the town.

But, the tale of death and blood has not reached it's end. As the day rose a final body was found, the circumstances of death beyond deciphering...

It was the early morning, yet the weary eyed Christopher Blackburn had made his way forth, as had many others, to hear the coroner's excited talk of the good Ishmael Chadeau's death. Mr. Blackburn heard Valerie asking questions insistently.

"Coroner Lefre, how did the man die?" inquired Valerie.
"To be quite sure my lady, I could not be certain. But, I'd venture a guess that he flung himself from the hill above us into this creek, and fell onto rocks."
"You believe this to be a suicide?" The coroner averted his eyes from her gaze.
"It... is not my place to say." Valerie flew into a rage.
"Not your place to say? You're the coroner, you're the one responsible for determining the cause of death!" she screamed. "You, you incompetent..."
"Valerie, let the man speak," interjected the stern faced Baron Von Gromel.
"My thanks sir, but you will not believe what I have to say."
"Say it."
"Well, it can't be a suicide for one reason. The man did not die yesterday."

Hushed silence gripped the crowd. Was the coroner mad? Valerie was the first to recover her nerve.

"Lefre, we have over 20 people who attest to seeing Mr. Chadeau disappear yesterday. The man was clearly fed up of living and the terror, and committed suicide."
"Valerie, the man was getting out of suspicion..."
"Enough of your lies Blackburn! Stop claiming the innocence of those you condemned!"
"Mr. Blackburn is right," said the coroner solemnly.
"You madman..."
"No. Look here..." the coroner pointed to the man's body, and began to point out a series of signs as to it's age. "I conclude, and I swear this upon my family's honour and on my life, that Ishmael Chadeau was killed the night before last. He died on NP 3."
"That's preposterous!" cried Valerie. James Walker sighed.
"Valerie, we've all seen the medical evidence before us now. The man is not lying to us. I do not know how Ishmael Chadeau appeared before us for so long if he was dead, but his false appearance could not be his own work, his own illusion. That's why I conclude that he was murdered."
"But... if we can't trust our eyes, can't trust our sense... would you have me question my sanity!?" The normally glib Blackburn held his silence. It was a long time before finally, James Walker spoke again.
"Valerie, I don't know if you should. I don't know if we all should. I don't know..."

Drafterman - Ishmael Chadeau- You're a man who has lived his life, learnt, and is a man who lives purposefully now. Your skills are not overwhelmed by uncertainty, and Delderra is a town which you know well. You are the investigative JOAT - you may watch, cop or self-watch + track a person in the night. But you're a man who tires in his age; you must rest once every 3 nights, although the choice of time is yours. You win with the town.

Living Players

1. HCP
2. TV
3. Maxx
4. SarcasticIndeed
5. F-16
6. TUF (formerly Ishall)
7. Drafterman (replacingDaytona)

It takes 4 votes to lynch.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 12:14:25 AM
Question logic, DP1 endscene, that was my character fightimf B_D's wasnt it? I understand i'm dead, just curious :P
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 1:55:52 AM
I snooped on F-16 last night. I was told that my target "does not appear to be an upstanding member of the congregation."

VOTE F-16 for death

I've been thinking and thinking about it. F-16 lead the lynch on tulle when it had all but died down and that was the major factor (for me anyway) that rang town. However, we can never be certain of what is happening within a mafia PM. Perhaps he anticipated that tulle would eventually be lynched (since we really had no other good leads) and went for it anyway, perhaps with her approval? She had already discerned all of the doctors anyway. All they were losing was her penetrative kill.

Other than that though, his behaviour has been extremely scummy. How many people did you lead on yesterday F-16? 3? 4? How many were "slam dunk lynches"?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 2:08:31 AM
At 2/28/2013 2:03:25 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Yeah, I double-checked. It says that I am the most capable man in Delderra etc. You are lying.

VTL TV

Do you think you could be another 3rd party miller? I'm suspicious of the word 'appear'. In the context, it doesn't seem certain, amirite? I'm sort of trying to fit what's happened to the results I got.

Right now, you're my best lead. :/

Muh threads
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 2:16:33 AM
At 2/28/2013 2:08:31 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/28/2013 2:03:25 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Yeah, I double-checked. It says that I am the most capable man in Delderra etc. You are lying.

VTL TV

Do you think you could be another 3rd party miller? I'm suspicious of the word 'appear'. In the context, it doesn't seem certain, amirite? I'm sort of trying to fit what's happened to the results I got.

Right now, you're my best lead. :/

Each of your results are really vague and make little sense.

NP1: Budda can only redirect powers on to himself
NP2: Maxx, fully aware of his abilities (this seems pointless)
NP3: Danielle, She has not told us everything, but nothing is hidden from here (equivocation)
NP4: F-16... (this is a lie, either you or Logic is lying and I am inclined to believe it is you)

Besides, why would I ask to be checked by you if I was mafia (other than "everything reduces to WIFOM"). The only reason I'd do it is if I was GF in which case, Logic would have given you favorable results on me. Logic is extremely pro-mafia as a mod and there is no way he would give unfavorable results if I was the only thing from the game ending.

Also, consider my attack on Drafter. Do you seriously think, I killed him NP3, attacked him DP4, and withdrew my FOS, then made him disappear? You overestimate me TV. And that I did after bussing Tulle when everyone believed her? Also, I breadcrumbed my claim DP1 - and it wasn't a vague one like you or FT. It was detailed and pretty much a lock-in.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 2:25:02 AM
At 2/28/2013 1:55:52 AM, tvellalott wrote:

I've been thinking and thinking about it. F-16 lead the lynch on tulle when it had all but died down and that was the major factor (for me anyway) that rang town. However, we can never be certain of what is happening within a mafia PM. Perhaps he anticipated that tulle would eventually be lynched (since we really had no other good leads)

She would not have eventually been lynched. Danielle and FT had a dogfight and Danielle kept suspecting Maxx. Budda suspected TUF and so on and so forth. No one would have come back to Tulle because they believed her confirmed.

and went for it anyway, perhaps with her approval? She had already discerned all of the doctors anyway. All they were losing was her penetrative kill.
Yeah, but the utility of her role isn't to FIND the doctors. It is to know which player each doc is protecting so that the mafia can avoid targeting those players unless they want to use the strong kill. Her role is valuable as long as at least one doctor is still alive. With all the people thinking she was confirmed, if anything a good mafia move would have been to have her bus me. You know how I am with bussing. I learned straight from you and I don't mind being bussed.

Other than that though, his behaviour has been extremely scummy. How many people did you lead on yesterday F-16? 3? 4? How many were "slam dunk lynches"?

2. Drafter and FT. You were suspicious of FT as well. It wasn't unjustified. I had good reasons to suspect him. He was being intentionally or unintentionally misleading. With his town flip, I am inclined to believe the latter. As for Drafter, I explained why I found him suspicious and was wrong.

Leading lynches is not a scumtell. If you think aggression only comes from scum, that is way off the mark.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 2:39:35 AM
Argh, I have to go to the shop and probably won't get another chance to post until tomorrow afternoon (around 16 hours from now).

I'll try and post again tonight, no promises.

F-16, you're flying off the handle bro, so you've failed my reaction test (lol, u mad). I think I'll be reviewing everything that's happened so far again before I push any more for this lynch. I'd like to hear from someone I'm not FOSing and I'd like to reread. My results are indeed vague (although it seems somewhere along the line the results I got on Danielle were muddled up; my results said that she was hiding something, not that something was hidden from her.)

For now, I'll UNVOTE, lest I'm wrong and the train builds too fast while I'm not here.

Muh threads
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 2:40:29 AM
At 2/28/2013 2:39:35 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Argh, I have to go to the shop and probably won't get another chance to post until tomorrow afternoon (around 16 hours from now).

I'll try and post again tonight, no promises.

F-16, you're flying off the handle bro, so you've failed my reaction test (lol, u mad). I think I'll be reviewing everything that's happened so far again before I push any more for this lynch. I'd like to hear from someone I'm not FOSing and I'd like to reread. My results are indeed vague (although it seems somewhere along the line the results I got on Danielle were muddled up; my results said that she was hiding something, not that something was hidden from her.)

For now, I'll UNVOTE, lest I'm wrong and the train builds too fast while I'm not here.

Sorry, what you posted above was accurate. I misread it.

Muh threads
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 3:12:51 AM
At 2/28/2013 2:39:35 AM, tvellalott wrote:

F-16, you're flying off the handle bro, so you've failed my reaction test (lol, u mad).

This is non-alignment indicative. I'd expect mafia to react much the same way as town with slight differences. If you expect town to react calmly and suggest that they were a miller, your expectations are off. I am town and that is how I reacted, so you need to re-evaluate your assumptions on how a townie would react.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 7:12:59 AM
VTL F-16

I'm continuing my FOS of F-16 from last phase. Doubly so since he said he considered my disappearance evidence of my guilt. Why, exactly?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 7:13:27 AM
Also, everyone that considered drafterman1 a CC of F-16 should now be voting F-16. Anyone that doesn't is a scummy hypocrite.
maxx233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 7:50:17 AM
At 2/28/2013 7:27:44 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/28/2013 7:19:39 AM, maxx233 wrote:
@Drafter - aren't you dead?

Oh, thank goodness! lol...

Anyway... do you recall who considered drafter1 to be an F16 CC? I remember budda, and I think danielle(?)... but they're both dead.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 8:23:49 AM
At 2/28/2013 7:50:17 AM, maxx233 wrote:
At 2/28/2013 7:27:44 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/28/2013 7:19:39 AM, maxx233 wrote:
@Drafter - aren't you dead?

Oh, thank goodness! lol...

Anyway... do you recall who considered drafter1 to be an F16 CC? I remember budda, and I think danielle(?)... but they're both dead.

F-16 and HCP.
maxx233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 8:57:37 AM
TV concerns me and I feel that something is awry - but I'm not sure what it adds up to. I'd like to bring this up again in case anyone has any thoughts to offer?

I had originally fake claimed Alastair.

Everyone seemed to accept my fake claim, including TV - who even said he "strongly opposed" my lynch. Until he realized I said my name was Alastair - then based on *that alone* he suddenly and completely changed his entire stance.

50 minutes later he posted a wall of text. He says with confidence that I was lying and seems to assert the premise to be that I said my character was in the OP, and that "Alastair" isn't. But then in the very same post he also arrives at the conclusion that Alastair is the man of the manor who obviously IS in the OP. Not only that but he accurately reverse engineered my fake claim and concluded that I was Christopher.

This kind of confidence stands out to me as insider knowledge of some sort. The only theory I have is that he's scum, has been faking his role completely (wouldn't be hard to do), and perhaps knew who alastair was (since he was under mafia control originally.)

Does this sound reasonable? Am I completely off? I don't want to officially vtl yet, but I feel this needs to be addressed
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 9:13:36 AM
VTL F-16.

We were already considering vigging him last night for his scummy behavior. I believe Tv's results for now, but will unovte if anything outstanding comes up.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 9:14:20 AM
At 2/28/2013 7:12:59 AM, drafterman wrote:
VTL F-16

I'm continuing my FOS of F-16 from last phase. Doubly so since he said he considered my disappearance evidence of my guilt. Why, exactly?

Why would I bother doing that if I were scum and you were dead?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 9:16:21 AM
At 2/28/2013 7:13:27 AM, drafterman wrote:
Also, everyone that considered drafterman1 a CC of F-16 should now be voting F-16. Anyone that doesn't is a scummy hypocrite.

I initially thought it was a cc. I changed my mind about the cc later. There doesn't seem to be any straightforward investigative roles in the game but rather 3 JOAT type roles with limitations.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 9:18:29 AM
At 2/28/2013 9:13:36 AM, TUF wrote:
VTL F-16.

We were already considering vigging him last night for his scummy behavior. I believe Tv's results for now, but will unovte if anything outstanding comes up.

Who did you investigate TUF?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 9:18:57 AM
At 2/28/2013 9:14:20 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 2/28/2013 7:12:59 AM, drafterman wrote:
VTL F-16

Why would I bother doing that if I were scum and you were dead?

I wasn't dead at the time you did it, herp.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 9:22:54 AM
At 2/28/2013 9:16:21 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 2/28/2013 7:13:27 AM, drafterman wrote:

I initially thought it was a cc. I changed my mind about the cc later. There doesn't seem to be any straightforward investigative roles in the game but rather 3 JOAT type roles with limitations.

Sure, NOW it seems like that. But you were still calling me scum after I disappeared. So, you believed there were multiple Town JOATs, but I wasn't one of them?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 9:24:27 AM
At 2/28/2013 9:18:29 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 2/28/2013 9:13:36 AM, TUF wrote:
VTL F-16.

Who did you investigate TUF?

daytonna. I have gotten no results yet.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 9:25:23 AM
At 2/28/2013 9:19:55 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 2/28/2013 9:18:57 AM, drafterman wrote:

I wasn't dead at the time you did it, herp.

No, you died NP3.

And you're claiming to have known this last phase?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 9:26:11 AM
At 2/28/2013 9:22:54 AM, drafterman wrote:

Sure, NOW it seems like that. But you were still calling me scum after I disappeared. So, you believed there were multiple Town JOATs, but I wasn't one of them?

Yes. I thought that you were scum that had an ability to "disappear" and were hiding it from us. I was nowhere as certain as I initially was though.

Once you came out with your analysis that you thought I was feighning ignorance of your stance on 3P enough to say that you'll bone to pick with me during endgame (like with TUF in 5D's, I started having serious doubts). My entire case around you (drafter (1)) had nothing to do with the cc.