Total Posts:125|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Naval Warfare Mafia DP1

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 7:05:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Time/Deadlines
1) Nights will last 24 hours. Actions not submitted will be forfeited.
2) Days will last 96 hours. No extensions will be provided at all. This is to ensure fairness. If a lynch has not been reached, the day phase will end in a no lynch. Plurality lynching? What's that?

Role randomization
Roles were fully random and haven't been edited, "tweaked," or re-randomized. BlackVoid has done the randomization for me. Thanks BlackVoid.

Rules
1) Do not copy-paste or screen capture your role PM, or manufacture it in any way which would make it surely real.
2) Role Paraphrases must have at least 15 words re-arranged or replaced with synonyms.
3) A lynch or no lynch happens when the required number of votes to lynch (or no lynch) are reached. No one can unvote although you can continue discussing. It takes greater than 50% of the votes of the number of living players to reach a lynch and if there is an even number of players, 50% of the votes to end the phase in a no lynch.
4) I will reveal role PMs once a player is lynched in addition to revealing affiliations. That will be the last post of the Day Phase. No one can post after that and no plans may be made after seeing the role PM and affiliation of the lynched player.
5) No double-quoting, i.e. if a player responds with quoted text, you cannot quote it again. Use a new post.

Active Players
1) drafterman
2) tvellalott
3) FourTrouble
4) Noumena
5) IFLYHIGH
6) TUF
7) Buddamoose
8) Tulle
9) Bull_Diesel
10) Johnnyboy54
11) HCP
12) LordKnukle
13) Ore_Ele
14) Medic
15) SarcasticIndeed
16) bossyburrito

With 16 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch and 8 votes to end the DP in a "No Lynch."

Time Limit: 96 hours
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 7:15:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
BTW, I don't know if it would be considered "scummy" or not, but I'm an aircraft, rather than a ship or boat. I thought this would be all about warships and battleships and stuff.
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 7:16:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 7:15:04 PM, drafterman wrote:
BTW, I don't know if it would be considered "scummy" or not, but I'm an aircraft, rather than a ship or boat. I thought this would be all about warships and battleships and stuff.

VTL Drafterman.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 7:19:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 7:18:29 PM, TUF wrote:
JK unvote.

Funny. Given that I was FOS'd in Logic's game for merely having a character with a french surname, I guarantee you I'd be lynched here if I was the only one with a claimed aircraft.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 7:20:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 7:14:24 PM, TUF wrote:
My role PM says I win with the TOWN. Town being in all caps.

True dat.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 7:20:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Drafter, is your aircraft specifically anti something?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 7:21:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 7:20:47 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Drafter, is your aircraft specifically anti something?

As in anti-boat, anti-air, anti-carrier, anti-submarine, etc...
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 7:33:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Ok, so here are my thoughts. With this line-up, I don't think we can hope for noob mistakes, and I don't think we're going to have to worry about habitual inactives.

Given that, I'm more inclined to VTNL and get our roles working.

However....

While we don't have inactives, we do have people whose schedules, I know, limit their mafia window for posting, so basically say we let people come forward and get anything out there we think we should know. I'm not sure, at this point, who we would pressure at this point.
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 7:42:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 7:33:01 PM, drafterman wrote:
Ok, so here are my thoughts. With this line-up, I don't think we can hope for noob mistakes, and I don't think we're going to have to worry about habitual inactives.

Given that, I'm more inclined to VTNL and get our roles working.

However....

While we don't have inactives, we do have people whose schedules, I know, limit their mafia window for posting, so basically say we let people come forward and get anything out there we think we should know. I'm not sure, at this point, who we would pressure at this point.

Agreed. Maybe we should get people to out what type of craft they are to see about the aircraft claim.

i am a frigate
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,771
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 7:48:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm a Radio Controlled Submarine. I must visit someone every night but I don't know if I do anything or not. I had a similar role in one of drafter's games where I didn't know what my role did.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 7:50:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 7:48:07 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
I'm a Radio Controlled Submarine. I must visit someone every night but I don't know if I do anything or not. I had a similar role in one of drafter's games where I didn't know what my role did.

This is suspicious- my role explicitly states that my character is anti-submarine.

Just something to keep in mind for later.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 7:55:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 7:51:44 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
LK, what is your role?

I'd much rather not tell you right now. My character is a Cape Class Patrol Boat.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 8:00:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 7:58:30 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
unvote VTL LK

Wut?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,771
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 8:06:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
LK, if you are anti-submarine why don't you claim? Your role obviously is anti-town. Is there some reason your role is best left hidden?
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 8:23:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 8:06:56 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
LK, if you are anti-submarine why don't you claim? Your role obviously is anti-town. Is there some reason your role is best left hidden?

"Obviously" is a very strong word to be used on someone's role in DP 1. I have the exact same ability and rationale to say that you are obviously anti-town since you are a submarine. This sort of rash idiocy is the very reason why I didn't vote for you in the first place- I merely pointed out something suspicious. OMGUS much?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 8:29:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 8:27:39 PM, medic0506 wrote:
It's Naval warfare so having both submarines, and anti-submarine defense is not surprising.

Wrong wrong wrong. I'm always right; you're always wrong. Anti-submarine= mafia scum. How do I know? Because I know.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,771
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 8:31:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 8:23:10 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 3/1/2013 8:06:56 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
LK, if you are anti-submarine why don't you claim? Your role obviously is anti-town. Is there some reason your role is best left hidden?

"Obviously" is a very strong word to be used on someone's role in DP 1. I have the exact same ability and rationale to say that you are obviously anti-town since you are a submarine. This sort of rash idiocy is the very reason why I didn't vote for you in the first place- I merely pointed out something suspicious. OMGUS much?

The difference is I already full claimed, you haven't.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 8:34:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 8:31:39 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 3/1/2013 8:23:10 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 3/1/2013 8:06:56 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
LK, if you are anti-submarine why don't you claim? Your role obviously is anti-town. Is there some reason your role is best left hidden?

"Obviously" is a very strong word to be used on someone's role in DP 1. I have the exact same ability and rationale to say that you are obviously anti-town since you are a submarine. This sort of rash idiocy is the very reason why I didn't vote for you in the first place- I merely pointed out something suspicious. OMGUS much?

The difference is I already full claimed, you haven't.

And I don't intend to.

You said that I am "obviously anti-town." That is an unsubstantiated assertion that does not necessitate any sort of claiming.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."