Jump to topic:

USDDO- Libertarian-Mutualist Party Convention

Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2013 6:14:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
As our members have swelled I think it prudent to start a thread for the purpose of drafting a common foundational platform, to develop a coherent plan of action, and to just clear the air as to where everyone stands.

Right now we have a short platform that only deals with rather cursory issues. It goes as follows:

(1) The non-aggression principle in all but dire situations, wherein that without violating the principle there would be immense tragedy or chaos and so long as the victim is ensured fair compensation for the aggression committed afterwards.

(2) Libertarian position on drug legalization, gun rights, prostitution, non-aggressive activities, etc. The government shouldn't interfere in these decisions unless not doing so would allow explicitly aggressive activity to transpire.

(3) Support for generally free markets while not being chained to the idea that repealing government regulation by itself will ensure a fair and free economic system.

(4) Generally non-interventionist foreign policy. (I'm actually not sure if there are other nations in this scenario so that's liable to be removed)

(5) Respect for civil liberties even when failing to infringe on such rights would arguably lead to a greater infringement somewhere else.

Notice there isn't anything having to do with abortion, gay marriage, or taxation. Furthermore there's far from a coherent opinion in place in regards to the election or the subsequent nomination of SC Justices. The only common vein I've seen is that the three current candidates aren't a good combination all together.

Our current members include:

-Myself
-AMTY
-Skeptisysma
-TA
-TDK
-DoubtingDave
-DylanCat

What I want to discuss atm is: (1) Where everyone stands on the election. (Myself, I don't really care if Ima is elected right now. We have enough logistical stuff to cover to make him not a threat. We're just bussing through mostly bi-partisan stuff this early), (2) What we're going to do about the nominations (I think we can pressure Ima to nominate more Independents but he's being more belligerent about the affair than I expected), (3) What to do about Clause 4 (Ime has stated he doesn't think it's too ambiguous but says he can get behind a revision if Congress sees fit. I think after we get through some more issues of logistical importance we should draft a revision and put it forward.).
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2013 11:24:08 PM
Under the Conservative party clause lannan13 dualy joins the libertarian party.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 7:46:29 AM
At 3/3/2013 1:00:54 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
What the heck Lannan, how many parties have you joined and/or formed?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 9:03:38 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with the judges issue.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 8:13:53 PM
As long as Noumena allows dual party membership, I join the Libertarian party, if not I will stick with the conservative party.