Jump to topic:

Philosophers Mafia II Endgame

Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 11:58:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Good job town on the win. I honestly have to say I was almost sure TUF would take home the win on this one.

1st place: Town (IFLY, LK, Sarcastic, Royal, FT(2)/Danielle, Bull, Blackvoid, Drafter, FT(1))
2nd place: Jointly Mafia (Bossy, TUF, MiG, Daytona) and the SK (Budda)

===Characters and Roles===

IFLY- You are Jean Paul-Sartre. Your main task in philosophy eventually devolved into a seemingly futile attempt at resolving the apparent conflicts betweene existentialism and Marxism. You tried to save them both. You are the doctor and win with the town.

TUF- You are Aristotle. A lot of your work came out of the natural exploration of your surroundings. Therefore you are the watcher. Every night you may watch someone to see who visits them if anyone. You win with the mafia.

======
One of the greatest philosophers to ever live, you have been more or less always overshadowed by your mentor Plato. In your quest to take him over, you have a second (possible) win condition. In the event that the mafia win, you will take first over them if Plato is dead as well.

Lordknukle- You are John Dewey. While you were no doubt an important and influential social and educational reformer, your philosophical credentials are wanting. You have no role. You win with the town.

Sarcastic- Karl Marx- Vig- Town
Bossy- Gorgias- Lawyer/framer- Mafia
Royal- Johann Fichte- PGO- Town
FT(2)/Danielle- Friedrich Nietzsche- Miller- Town
Budda- Marquis de Sade- Partially cop immune SK- Third Party
Bull- Thomas Hobbes- Fake claimer- Town
Blackvoid- Baruch Spinoza- Hated townie- Town
Daytona- Plato- Godfather- Mafia
MiG- Democritus- Role cop- Mafia
Drafter- Bertrand Russel- JOAT(1x doc, cop, vig)- Town
FT(1)- Immanuel Kant- Cop- Town

===Night Actions===

Np1: FT(1) visits Royal (dies)
Drafter attempts to vig Sarcastic (but is NK'd)
MiG rolecopped FT (carried out the NK on Drafter)
Budda killed MiG
Bossy framed Bull
Sarcastic waives
TUF watched Budda
IFLY protected TUF

Np2: Budda killed Bull
Bossy lawyered himself (carried out the NK on BV)
Sarcastic shoots Budda
TUF watched Sarcastic
IFLY protected Sarcastic

Np3: Bossy lawyered himself (carried out the NK on IFLY- unsuccessful)
Sarcastic waives
TUF watched Sarcastic
IFLY protected himself

Np4: Sarcastic waives
TUF watched IFLY (carried out the NK on Sarcastic)
IFLY protected himself
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 12:03:13 PM
Screw you, IFLYHIGH. lol

Good game all.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 12:10:20 PM
HOLD UP. MAFIA WON. Nouema, We targeted LK night phase 3, meaning we should have won. I thought the kill didn't go through because he was bulletproof, or because IFLY protected him. Neither was true. WTF?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 12:10:45 PM
Awesome game. I still kind of think TUF deserved to win this, but you can't pass up the W. Good job by Ifly and LK figuring out the last 2 scum. Ifly also did a great job protecting the NK on NP3, without which town would have lost right then.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 12:11:14 PM
At 3/3/2013 12:03:13 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Screw you, IFLYHIGH. lol

Good game all.

;)

Btw, behavioral analysis>everything else. Well maybe not everything, but most of everything.

GG Social. As you can probably tell from my activity, I really enjoyed the game. Also, sowwy FT for helping lead a mislynch on you. You can't blame me, even you were calling TUF and Bossy obviously town! Brilliant job TUF btw, you had me convinced you were town right there until the very end.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 12:11:49 PM
At 3/3/2013 12:10:20 PM, TUF wrote:
HOLD UP. MAFIA WON. Nouema, We targeted LK night phase 3, meaning we should have won. I thought the kill didn't go through because he was bulletproof, or because IFLY protected him. Neither was true. WTF?

He has you down as trying to NK Ifly. You're saying you didn't?
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 12:12:21 PM
At 3/3/2013 12:10:45 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Awesome game. I still kind of think TUF deserved to win this, but you can't pass up the W. Good job by Ifly and LK figuring out the last 2 scum. Ifly also did a great job protecting the NK on NP3, without which town would have lost right then.

I actually protected Sarcastic first. I then got paranoid and protected myself instead.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 12:12:40 PM
At 3/3/2013 12:11:49 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

NVM. I just realized I put IFLY down on accident. WTF? I thought I put LK down for NP3. Accident FTW.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 12:12:46 PM

This is what you sent me on Np3:

"Bossy lawyers himself.
TUF Watches Sarcastic
Bossy carries out the kill on IFLY."
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 12:14:23 PM
At 3/3/2013 12:10:45 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

I knew I wasn't going to win after NP3. I had been playing too scummy, and the only reason I hadn't been lynched up until than was because of the daytonna CC.

Little did Daytona know, that thee whole CC thing was really just a ploy to get plato killed, and fulfill my second win condition. But I guess it worked both ways lol
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 12:15:20 PM
At 3/3/2013 12:12:46 PM, Noumena wrote:

This is what you sent me on Np3:

"Bossy lawyers himself.
TUF Watches Sarcastic
Bossy carries out the kill on IFLY."

I know I just checked. I wrote that down thinking I put LK for some reason. All my posts after that were me thinking I had targetted LK. It was an accident on my part, that cost us the game.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 12:17:42 PM
At 3/3/2013 12:11:14 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 3/3/2013 12:03:13 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Screw you, IFLYHIGH. lol

Good game all.

;)

Btw, behavioral analysis>everything else. Well maybe not everything, but most of everything.

GG Social. As you can probably tell from my activity, I really enjoyed the game. Also, sowwy FT for helping lead a mislynch on you. You can't blame me, even you were calling TUF and Bossy obviously town! Brilliant job TUF btw, you had me convinced you were town right there until the very end.

Thanks, but I really don't think I played that well. TBH, it was more of the town's ignorance that I would pull off a stunt like that as mafia that did the trick. Even though people thought my behavior was scummy (which it was) no one was willing to lynch me for the mere fact that I had CC'ed Daytona. Hoping we don't fall for this type of thing in the future lol
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 12:22:38 PM
Man, I thought I was doing good early on, but Sarcastic would have had me sidetracked if I hadn't died. I really thought the lyncher worry was a total scum move.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 12:26:12 PM
Anyways, I think LK did awesome BTW. He irked me quite a bit towards the end.

TOWN MVP ties between LK and IFLY. BV did well too. Everyone else didn't live long enough to really do much good.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 12:26:18 PM
At 3/3/2013 12:22:38 PM, drafterman wrote:
Man, I thought I was doing good early on, but Sarcastic would have had me sidetracked if I hadn't died. I really thought the lyncher worry was a total scum move.

Would you have pushed for my lynch if you had been alive when I role claimed? I figured before the game that you'd have pushed it pretty hard.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 12:28:22 PM
At 3/3/2013 12:26:12 PM, TUF wrote:

TOWN MVP ties between LK and IFLY. BV did well too. Everyone else didn't live long enough to really do much good.

You know, if you hadn't killed me, and killed someone else instead, you'd have won on NP3 even with the doc'd NK. With 5 players alive, it would only take you and Bossy's vote to get me killed. Thats why I was stunned when Noumea told me I was dead.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 12:30:08 PM
At 3/3/2013 12:26:18 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 3/3/2013 12:22:38 PM, drafterman wrote:

Would you have pushed for my lynch if you had been alive when I role claimed? I figured before the game that you'd have pushed it pretty hard.

I would have certainly insisted you die before we got to MYLO. But probably from a Vig kill since we had Sarcastic.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 12:30:27 PM
At 3/3/2013 12:28:22 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

You know, if you hadn't killed me, and killed someone else instead, you'd have won on NP3 even with the doc'd NK. With 5 players alive, it would only take you and Bossy's vote to get me killed. Thats why I was stunned when Noumea told me I was dead.

Yeah, I was kind of shocked you died too.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 4:57:50 PM
At 3/3/2013 12:28:22 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

thats true, the only reason I targetted you was because it was almost guaranteed the doc wouldnt be on you and we couldnt risk a doc'ed kill after the hit on MIG,
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 1:44:32 PM
At 3/3/2013 12:12:40 PM, TUF wrote:
At 3/3/2013 12:11:49 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

NVM. I just realized I put IFLY down on accident. WTF? I thought I put LK down for NP3. Accident FTW.

LOL I didn't see that either.
That usurper role actually worked as a good tactic though.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush