1. Maikuru - Role Cop - Mafia
2. ChubbyFatz - Tracker - Town
3. THEVIRUS - Commuter - Town
4. Famer - Doctor - Town
5. TSH - Cop - Town
6. Skepsikyma - PGO - Town
7. FourTrouble - Rolestopper - Mafia

Analysis:
1. TSH definitely gets big kudos. In his role PM he called Maikuru and FT specifically out for being Mafia - NP1

2. This game is a demonstration as why VTNL is not a safe move for Town. If you simply VTNL, the Mafia will pick you off, one-by-one. Even mislynching gives you information to work off of.

3. The Mod Error was I assumed that FT rolestopped himself when he did not want to, meaning TSH (who investigated him) got no results instead of the guilty. FT was trying to pull off a gambit that depended on TSH getting and reporting the results.

4. This set-up actually makes it impossible for the Mafia to win, as the remaining players were unkillable at night. Since roles were determined randomly, this is was an unforeseen risk (though one I can prevent in future set-ups). As a reminder, these games are built for maximum exposure, not balanced games where each affiliation has a fair chance of winning. Something like this might even happen in a "normal" game. However, more often than not, what happened last phase would have been a Mafia win and I am giving FT credit for being able to sway the Town to mislynch TSH at what was, mathematically, LYLO.
ChubbyFatz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 7:34:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
For the record I called FT and Mai out day 1. Mai was buddying FT way too hard. We should've lynched FT dp2.

I called it and said that he would kill me and say he was blocked.

Virus just was all over and switched votes everytime someone made a statement.

Ah well. Good game all.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 7:57:35 AM
I'll post this here too:

At 3/8/2013 7:54:23 AM, tulle wrote:
Lmfaoo this was hilarious!!

TSH I felt so bad for you the whole time. No matter how good you are as town it doesn't matter if everyone else is... not.

I facepalmed so hard when thevirus voted for you based on you quoting FT... tip, next time, quote everything DDO style so people can't misinterpret it as something you said... though it was clear you were quoting,

this would have been more obvious.

TSH, was this your first game? Because you were reaaally good. When you called out FT for buddying Skep, it was SO on point and the buddying was so shameless (and it worked???)

I totally thought there was no way mafia could win this lol. Anyway, learn your lessons and better luck in the next game!
yang.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 8:05:57 AM
For the record, Virus was acting that way deliberately. I'll give him credit for that as well. Virus deliberately posted invalid votes in the hopes that someone would think it was good and try to hammer as a way to out scum. It's a valid gambit, even if it didn't work quite as intended.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 8:09:01 AM
This game was amazeballs. I learned so much and am kind of glad I died so early. It gave me an opportunity to stand back and try to analyze the game as an outsider, as well as try my hand at contributing post-death.

BIG props to Skep; whether Fourtrouble was buddying or not, he was right when he called him a good player. Another shout out to TSH for figuring out the mafia so early. It's frustrating to be so right and not have anyone convinced lol.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 8:10:57 AM
Actually, watching from the outside, it's clear that everyone has improved a lot quickly. Thanks again to drafter for setting all this up!
- lamerde

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 8:14:04 AM
At 3/7/2013 1:55:17 AM, ChubbyFatz wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:48:21 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
lol Skep, you and Maikuru are both really good players. I'm really excited for when both of you start playing in the regular games.

I called Mai as mafia both games. Maybe he's a good town player.

This exchange made me laugh hard. He's clearly right, considering this triple post is the most I got to post all game.
- lamerde

tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 8:35:28 AM
At 3/8/2013 8:05:57 AM, drafterman wrote:
For the record, Virus was acting that way deliberately. I'll give him credit for that as well. Virus deliberately posted invalid votes in the hopes that someone would think it was good and try to hammer as a way to out scum. It's a valid gambit, even if it didn't work quite as intended.

Yeah I figured that :p but the actual bolded vote where he said tsh had 3 strikes seemed to be genuine.

I'm looking forward to having new players in the games though.
yang.
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 8:46:03 AM
At 3/8/2013 8:35:28 AM, tulle wrote:
At 3/8/2013 8:05:57 AM, drafterman wrote:

Yeah I figured that :p but the actual bolded vote where he said tsh had 3 strikes seemed to be genuine.

I'm looking forward to having new players in the games though.

I gave TSH many chances, but unlike FT he wasn't arguing past "he is scum"
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 8:49:30 AM
Virus just was all over and switched votes everytime someone made a statement.

Like Drafter said, I did some of it deliberately, and some of it I gave my honest thoughts. I let people argue with each other over who was mafia and TSH just deflected everything, so I voted for him in the end.
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 8:55:06 AM
@the virus--- thats a fair point and something everyone needs to consider (including myself and other experienced players). Part of being a good town player is CONVINCING OTHER TOWN. Its really hard to do sometimes and super frustrating all the time. So you're right. FT was more convincing.
yang.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 11:07:54 AM
TSH made two big mistake, which eventually made me vote for him. The first was going against the plan that had been laid down and investigating FT. If he hadn't done that we would have been able to verify VIRUS without a doubt and VTNL to get to the next round. One of us would be dead; I though that perhaps VIRUS's and my own roles would protect us, and TSH would be killed, solving our dilemma. If not it was a 50-50 chance. I can understand why he did it (perhaps out of frustration), but the information was useless because he was under suspicion to begin with and it wouldn't be taken at face value. He also became hysterical, which detracted immensely from whatever arguments he tried to make.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 11:46:25 AM
At 3/8/2013 11:07:54 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
TSH made two big mistake, which eventually made me vote for him. The first was going against the plan that had been laid down and investigating FT. If he hadn't done that we would have been able to verify VIRUS without a doubt and VTNL to get to the next round. One of us would be dead; I though that perhaps VIRUS's and my own roles would protect us, and TSH would be killed, solving our dilemma. If not it was a 50-50 chance. I can understand why he did it (perhaps out of frustration), but the information was useless because he was under suspicion to begin with and it wouldn't be taken at face value. He also became hysterical, which detracted immensely from whatever arguments he tried to make.

Exactly. I re-read the DP where we discussed who to investigate. FT's name was mentioned, but had no inclination of overriding the search of me. That is why i got edgy about TSH