BEGINNERS 13.3 - Day Phase 1

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 9:13:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Introduction - Third Parties and Misinformation

So far you've only been playing with two parties: The Town and Mafia. This game we will introduce Third Parties. These parties are in it for themselves. They are anti-town AND anti-mafia. Third Parties are also the Parties of extreme. Some are Parties by themselves, and can't rely on help from anyone else and hardly ever win unless the game is specifically balanced to support them. Others are very powerful and can exploit whatever situation the game is to leverage a win as they really don't care who, Town or Mafia, has an advantage.

This game also introduces the concept of flavors. Flavors are the adjectives of Mafia, altering how roles work. Here are some common flavors:

These Flavors are usually made known to the player:
Even/Odd - Roles with these modifiers can only work on Even or Odd-numbered Night Phases
X-Shot - Roles with these modifiers can only be used X number of times.

These Flavors are usually hidden from the player:
Paranoid - For Cops and other investigative roles, they receive all Guitly-type results. For Doctors, they role-block their target.
Naive - For Cops and other investigative roles, they receive all Innocent-type results. For Doctors and other non-investigative roles, they do nothing.
Insane - For Cops, they receive results opposite of the Truth

The motto of last round was trust no one but yourself. The motto of this round is trust no one, not even yourself.

Set-up:

This game is Closed Setup. No roles or ratios will be revealed.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 9:14:16 AM
Living Players:
1. Maikuru
2. ChubbyFatz
3. THEVIRUS
4. Famer
5. TSH
6. Skepsikyma
7. FourTrouble

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
This Day Phase will end no later than 10AM DDO time on 3/10.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 9:45:21 AM
Let's run the numbers. Obviously, at least 1 of the players is Third party. I doubt there would be more than 1 with so few players.

The question is whether there are 1 or 2 mafia. I'm guessing 1; if there are 2 mafia and 1 TP, 1 mislynch is game over. That is, unless the mafia have some modifiers that stop them from working a lot. Because modifers were in the OP, I'm sure they are part of this game, but I doubt that would be enough to give them 2 members. My guess right now is 1 mafia, 1 TP. Thoughts?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 9:47:06 AM
At 3/8/2013 9:45:21 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Let's run the numbers. Obviously, at least 1 of the players is Third party. I doubt there would be more than 1 with so few players.

The question is whether there are 1 or 2 mafia. I'm guessing 1; if there are 2 mafia and 1 TP, 1 mislynch is game over. That is, unless the mafia have some modifiers that stop them from working a lot. Because modifers were in the OP, I'm sure they are part of this game, but I doubt that would be enough to give them 2 members. My guess right now is 1 mafia, 1 TP. Thoughts?

Also, because of the way drafter described unknown flavors in the OP, some town obviously are detrimental to themselves and the team. That makes it even harder for town to win, which makes me think he compensated by lowering mafia's numbers.
- lamerde

THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 11:41:16 AM
At 3/8/2013 9:47:06 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 3/8/2013 9:45:21 AM, Maikuru wrote:

Also, because of the way drafter described unknown flavors in the OP, some town obviously are detrimental to themselves and the team. That makes it even harder for town to win, which makes me think he compensated by lowering mafia's numbers.

I agree, there is probably only one mafia and one third party.

Don't bother claiming, for there is no clear way of proving it. An investigative role might be insane... and we would lynch someone who is town
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 1:27:30 PM
At 3/8/2013 12:51:52 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
VTL Maikuru cause he's always mafia.

LOL! Drafter found out I was hispanic and thought I'd be a natural.

Drafter, please confirm roles were randomized before somebody takes this seriously lol. Also, were flavors randomized? Can there be more than one of the same flavor?
- lamerde

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 1:30:48 PM
At 3/8/2013 11:41:16 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
I agree, there is probably only one mafia and one third party.

Don't bother claiming, for there is no clear way of proving it. An investigative role might be insane... and we would lynch someone who is town

We still have to claim at some point, we just have to be careful about jumping to conclusions (both when you're getting results and when you're hearing about them).
- lamerde

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 3:40:57 PM
At 3/8/2013 12:51:52 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
VTL Maikuru cause he's always mafia.

This is a joke, right? (Just double-checking)
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 3:56:50 PM
At 3/8/2013 1:36:53 PM, drafterman wrote:
Everything was randomized.

Okay...
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

ChubbyFatz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 5:16:50 PM
At 3/8/2013 3:56:50 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:

Okay...

VTL Virus

Sorry but it's win win..either he's mafia or he's town in which case he's detrimental to town.

Let this vote be between me or virus pls.

I am town.
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 5:23:49 PM
At 3/8/2013 5:16:50 PM, ChubbyFatz wrote:

Okay...

VTL Virus

Sorry but it's win win..either he's mafia or he's town in which case he's detrimental to town.

I am town.

Okay... now, I have already decided to do work this game if it makes you feel any better. I know just as much as you do, and honestly haven't seen anything suspicious except for FT's odd VTL yet. Y U No Wait? It isn't exactly the easiest thing to prove your innocence when you haven't done anything to go off of this game. You would just say I am lying

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 5:41:06 PM
This game is going very slowly. I feel like whoever is mafia/TP isn't sure what to say.
- lamerde

THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 5:58:37 PM
At 3/8/2013 5:41:06 PM, Maikuru wrote:
This game is going very slowly. I feel like whoever is mafia/TP isn't sure what to say.

I don't know what to say except that I won't be a worthwhile lynch. Just cause you want me gone isn't a god lynch that will give town players more answers. Lynch who you are suspicious of

TSH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 6:15:15 PM
"The SOP on this site is to get a claim or two on D1 and then VTNL, use our abilities, and come back D2 with more information. I personally think a D1 lynch makes more sense but I'll leave the decision up to you.

If we lynch Today we will be 5 players left tomorrow, putting us at LYLO. If we don't lynch Today, tomorrow we will be 6 players, putting us at MYLO. In other words, lynching gives us an extra chance to kill scum. The only downside is that if we kill town we lose one of our abilities for N1 and that could be just as bad for town as losing one of our lynches.

The SOP on this site is to get a claim or two on D1 and then VTNL, use our abilities, and come back D2 with more information. I personally think a D1 lynch makes more sense but I'll leave the decision up to you.

I'm fine doing either. The main idea here is to get you guys to learn about how roles work and how they interact with each other. Most players on the site prefer to no lynch so if you want to get a feel for how games are run here, that would be the way to go, give you guys a chance to use your roles. On the other hand, risking a lynch D1 is always more fun and exciting.

Whatever the case, we should start pressuring someone and FOURTROUBLE is as good a place as any to start."

VTL FT for claim.
~tsh
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 6:36:39 PM
TSH, is there any reason you're quoting something from a previous game where I was mafia and using that to justify voting for me in THIS game?
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 6:39:22 PM
At 3/8/2013 6:34:03 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
THEVIRUS, why is my vote for Maikuru suspicious?

It was instantaneous and based solely on the fact that he was mafia the last two games. He could be mafia, or he might not be, but to instantly vote based on his history isn't exactly fair.

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 6:41:00 PM
At 3/8/2013 6:39:22 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/8/2013 6:34:03 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
THEVIRUS, why is my vote for Maikuru suspicious?

It was instantaneous and based solely on the fact that he was mafia the last two games. He could be mafia, or he might not be, but to instantly vote based on his history isn't exactly fair.

Especially since it's all random generation. It's the classic gambler's fallacy.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
TSH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 6:53:17 PM
At 3/8/2013 6:36:39 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
TSH, is there any reason you're quoting something from a previous game where I was mafia and using that to justify voting for me in THIS game?

Yes. What you said that game made perfect sense. I am new to this site; you are not. As an experienced player with a very high post count, you are the best fake claimer in the game, guaranteed. Take your own advice, follow the "SOP", and give the town a role claim this day phase. Forcing you to claim now prevents you from fake claiming later on.
~tsh
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 6:55:19 PM
At 3/8/2013 6:53:17 PM, TSH wrote:

Yes. What you said that game made perfect sense. I am new to this site; you are not. As an experienced player with a very high post count, you are the best fake claimer in the game, guaranteed. Take your own advice, follow the "SOP", and give the town a role claim this day phase. Forcing you to claim now prevents you from fake claiming later on.

We can't test it and get sure results, but I do want you to claim FT

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 7:00:09 PM
At 3/8/2013 6:55:19 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/8/2013 6:53:17 PM, TSH wrote:

We can't test it and get sure results, but I do want you to claim FT

Agreed.
- Hilaire Belloc -
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 7:01:24 PM
I want a claim from Skep as well, especially if he isn't going to be as active

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 7:05:24 PM
At 3/8/2013 7:01:24 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:

Well, I was at work. I'll claim next round, which is standard procedure for my role.
- Hilaire Belloc -
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 7:06:17 PM
At 3/8/2013 7:05:24 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Well, I was at work. I'll claim next round, which is standard procedure for my role.

Okay pros, what is normally claimed DP2? Or which roles (mafia and town)

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 7:47:07 PM
At 3/8/2013 7:06:17 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:

Virus, I'm not comfortable with your responses so far. When I said the game is slow, you immediately posted with a defensive response. Now, you're asking for claim advice. I'm wary. Ease my mind with a claim.

VTL THEVIRUS for claim
- lamerde

ChubbyFatz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 9:03:52 PM
At 3/8/2013 7:47:07 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 3/8/2013 7:06:17 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:

Virus, I'm not comfortable with your responses so far. When I said the game is slow, you immediately posted with a defensive response. Now, you're asking for claim advice. I'm wary. Ease my mind with a claim.

VTL THEVIRUS for claim

Virus is the right person to lynch. Please lynch.
TSH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 9:44:40 PM
At 3/8/2013 5:16:50 PM, ChubbyFatz wrote:

Okay...

VTL Virus

I am town.

Fair enough. VTL TheVirus. FT can claim on the next day.
~tsh