FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 9:30:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This isn't gonna be pretty...

Rules:
1. Do not quote any mod/player communications. Your role PM must be paraphrased.
2. The DP will last 96 hours. Once a lynch has been reached, players may continue talking until I can get on and end the Day Phase. Once the Day Phase has ended, there is no more talking. Seriously, I will be enforcing this more strictly than other mods have, and players who post after the Day has been called will be mod-killed.
3. Try to keep double-quoting to a minimum.
4. If a majority has not been reached by the end of the DP, a no lynch will occur.
5. If you don't post in 48 hours, I will begin looking for a replacement.

Living Players:
1. Budda
2. Sarcastic
3. TV
4. Logic
5. Zaradi
6. Guilty
7. Tulle
8. TA
9. Bull
10. Blackhawk
11. Matt
12. 1E
13. Chubby
14. TSH

With 14 players alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline: March 14 at 10:30 PM DDO time.

Day one begins...
ChubbyFatz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 9:51:52 PM
At 3/10/2013 9:49:18 PM, TSH wrote:
Also, VTL Chubby for claim.

I win with the town as well.

Is there anyone that does NOT win with the town?
TSH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 9:59:49 PM
At 3/10/2013 9:51:52 PM, ChubbyFatz wrote:
At 3/10/2013 9:49:18 PM, TSH wrote:
Also, VTL Chubby for claim.

I win with the town as well.

Is there anyone that does NOT win with the town?

Unvote. Claiming to "win with the town" allows a lie detector to confirm players.
~tsh
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:14:06 PM
At 3/10/2013 9:40:47 PM, TSH wrote:
@Bull do you win with the town?

yes.

I'll get you started in fact, I was looking for your role claim or character claim, and since you're new and I always hate for people to pressure me without offering anything in return, you can have my character.

I'm Bill Compton.

How about you? I realize you're new but you have just as much chance as being in a mafia PM as anybody else statistically, they could have told you to claim town only or it could be genuine. I don't know anything for sure right now.
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:14:34 PM
At 3/10/2013 10:12:06 PM, tulle wrote:
I am the miller. I'm not going to claim my character in the off-chance I can CC someone.

interesting.
Guilty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:18:00 PM
For those who aren't aware, we are a hydra (F-16 and drafterman). A hydra is basically two players playing in one spot. It is fairly common on mafiascum mostly to allow players to bounce reads off of each other as town or make plans as scum etc with the knowledge that they are both the same affiliation so we thought we'd try out that idea on DDO.

With that out of the way,

@ TSH: were you aware that the pressure on you was for a character claim? So, far all you have done was claim that you win with the town and put your vote on a VTNL.

~ F-16
Buddamoose + Drafterman
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:18:25 PM
I am the miller. I'm not going to claim my character in the off-chance I can CC someone.

My character is Amy Burley and I counter claim-miller. The justification given in my role PM is that I'm a psychopath who tortures innocent vampires (I guess that implies that this game isn't centered around hunting down vampires - I dunno, I haven't watched the series).
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:21:00 PM
I think Tulle should character claim and give her justification, so I'm going to VTL Tulle. I agree that TSH should character claim as well though.
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:21:26 PM
At 3/10/2013 10:18:00 PM, Guilty wrote:
For those who aren't aware, we are a hydra (F-16 and drafterman). A hydra is basically two players playing in one spot. It is fairly common on mafiascum mostly to allow players to bounce reads off of each other as town or make plans as scum etc with the knowledge that they are both the same affiliation so we thought we'd try out that idea on DDO.

@ TSH: were you aware that the pressure on you was for a character claim? So, far all you have done was claim that you win with the town and put your vote on a VTNL.

~ F-16

This sounds pretty interesting.
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:23:42 PM

~ F-16

Neat, to be clear you're not claiming Hydra as a character correct? Taht's just what your little experiment is called? I've seen similar stuff before but I'm not very familiar with it.

You and Drafter will not post individually as yourselves, just through the GUILTY account?
TSH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:26:01 PM
At 3/10/2013 10:21:26 PM, OneElephant wrote:

~ F-16

This sounds pretty interesting.

I did not realize it was for a character claim. I am either Tara Thornton, Eric Northman, or Lafayette Reynolds.
~tsh
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:27:18 PM
At 3/10/2013 10:18:25 PM, OneElephant wrote:

My character is Amy Burley and I counter claim-miller. The justification given in my role PM is that I'm a psychopath who tortures innocent vampires (I guess that implies that this game isn't centered around hunting down vampires - I dunno, I haven't watched the series).

Interesting. My character is Hoyt Foytenberry. **Thinking of a way to paraphrase my role PM because the PM itself is very concise**

I'm the miller because I follow an anti-vampire group.

I'm not sure what to make of the two miller claims, but I wouldn't be surprised if OneE was telling the truth. A common complaint in the games is that millers have it too easy--they just have to claim DP1 and they skate on by. So I'm not too worried right now about the role CC.
yang.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:28:41 PM
At 3/10/2013 10:27:18 PM, tulle wrote:

Interesting. My character is Hoyt Fortenberry. **Thinking of a way to paraphrase my role PM because the PM itself is very concise**

I'm not sure what to make of the two miller claims, but I wouldn't be surprised if OneE was telling the truth. A common complaint in the games is that millers have it too easy--they just have to claim DP1 and they skate on by. So I'm not too worried right now about the role CC.
yang.
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:31:33 PM
At 3/10/2013 10:26:01 PM, TSH wrote:

~ F-16

I did not realize it was for a character claim. I am either Tara Thornton, Eric Northman, or Lafayette Reynolds.

What?
TSH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:33:31 PM
At 3/10/2013 10:31:33 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:

~ F-16

What?

Revealing my exact character might provide the mafia with clues about my role.
~tsh
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:35:12 PM
I am exhausted and I hate trying to play from my phone but I think somebody should figure out what the hell TSH just did with giving us 3 characters. If he just gave us his whole mafia character list I might cry. As I'm sure FT is already doing
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:35:47 PM

Generally speaking, I think it's SOP to just give your character, because the point of character claiming is to lock you into just one character. Also, did you watch the show before joining this game?
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:37:38 PM

What?

Revealing my exact character might provide the mafia with clues about my role

How in the hell dud you just come up with 3 names at random then? Did it occur to you that now all if those people would have to basically CC you if they and you are town? I don't like this at all. Give me your exact character or I vote you for death
TSH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:37:56 PM
At 3/10/2013 10:35:12 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
I am exhausted and I hate trying to play from my phone but I think somebody should figure out what the hell TSH just did with giving us 3 characters. If he just gave us his whole mafia character list I might cry. As I'm sure FT is already doing

I gave you my character in addition to two other, random ones. If anyone CC's my character, we will have found a mafia member. This way, the number of character names that the mafia can safely claim are greatly reduced.

If enough people pressure me though, I will reveal my exact character name.
~tsh
TSH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:38:48 PM
At 3/10/2013 10:37:38 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:

What?

Revealing my exact character might provide the mafia with clues about my role

How in the hell dud you just come up with 3 names at random then? Did it occur to you that now all if those people would have to basically CC you if they and you are town? I don't like this at all. Give me your exact character or I vote you for death

The idea was that I cc them if they claim my exact character. You already VTL'd me.
~tsh
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:40:31 PM
At 3/10/2013 10:27:18 PM, tulle wrote:
Interesting. My character is Hoyt Foytenberry. **Thinking of a way to paraphrase my role PM because the PM itself is very concise**

I just searched up your character on Wikipedia and he's presented as a genuinely kindhearted guy. The hate group is explained as well - you can take a look yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

I'm a bit iffy about your justification but all in all I'm not quite sure what to make of the situation either.
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:42:02 PM
I am aware I have a vote on you currently, but I have played a lot of mafia, and have played a handful of games on DDO,

I have never seen anyone do what you just did. You honestly shocked me , I don't know if I like it or hate it but it definitely seems scummy just because I don't understand it.
TSH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:44:45 PM
At 3/10/2013 10:42:02 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
I am aware I have a vote on you currently, but I have played a lot of mafia, and have played a handful of games on DDO,

I have never seen anyone do what you just did. You honestly shocked me , I don't know if I like it or hate it but it definitely seems scummy just because I don't understand it.

If enough people hate it (2 votes), then I am willing to claim my exact character; otherwise, this strategy helps the town more than the mafia. Every mafia member who fake claims one of the three characters that I listed runs the risk that I will will CC them.
~tsh