Jump to topic:

USDDO- Pro-Life Association

BigSky
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 8:39:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Greetings to all, If you know anything about abortion then you should know why this has been established. Please bold your name if you choose to join, both here, and in the main feed. I ask respectively that you do not post anything if you do not wish to join. This is a solemn issue, please treat it as such.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 8:44:03 PM
Why are people who, while not necessarily believing as such, not allowed to post for an honest, respectable discussion?

Seems a little bit like a circle-jerk.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
BigSky
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 8:49:35 PM
At 3/13/2013 8:44:03 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Why are people who, while not necessarily believing as such, not allowed to post for an honest, respectable discussion?

Seems a little bit like a circle-jerk.

This forum isn't meant for debating the topic, it's meant to talk about how bad abortions are, and how they're going to stop.
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 9:21:19 PM
I would join but apparently there is no discussion just weeping
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
ChubbyFatz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 10:01:47 PM
Sky this association. Is it against all types of abortion or late term only?

What about cases or rape or child birth could lead to death of mother and/or baby.

Please be a bit more detailed and I may join.

Thanks.
BigSky
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 10:07:10 PM
At 3/13/2013 10:01:47 PM, ChubbyFatz wrote:

What about cases or rape or child birth could lead to death of mother and/or baby.

Thanks.

Unconditionially pro-life, no abortions whatsoever.

In the case of rape, the mother should not be selfish and not have the baby because she will have "bad memories." If the mother's life is at stake, then that is the only case that is acceptable. Thank You.
ChubbyFatz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 10:10:49 PM
At 3/13/2013 10:07:10 PM, BigSky wrote:

Thanks.

In the case of rape, the mother should not be selfish and not have the baby because she will have "bad memories." If the mother's life is at stake, then that is the only case that is acceptable. Thank You.

Sorry ill decline. I do not believe in late term abortions only and i beleive in abortions due to rape as well.
BigSky
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 10:12:51 PM
At 3/13/2013 10:10:49 PM, ChubbyFatz wrote:

Thanks.

Sorry ill decline. I do not believe in late term abortions only and i beleive in abortions due to rape as well.

That's fine, we only want full on pro-lifers, thanks for giving it a look.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 11:18:50 PM

Thanks.

I have lost all faith in humanity.

Come on. Lets debate this:

Resolved: Abortion Ought to be permissible in the case of Rape

I'm aff you're neg. Leggo.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 11:26:40 PM
At 3/13/2013 11:18:50 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Thanks.

I have lost all faith in humanity.

Come on. Lets debate this:

Resolved: Abortion Ought to be permissible in the case of Rape

I'm aff you're neg. Leggo.

How do you debate with someone about killing babies if they believe it's ok to kill babies?? Debating the issue is a wasted effort.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 11:34:03 PM
At 3/13/2013 11:26:40 PM, medic0506 wrote:

How do you debate with someone about killing babies if they believe it's ok to kill babies?? Debating the issue is a wasted effort.

.....either I'm too tired to understand anything anymore (unlikely, it's only 11:30), or this made no sense.

Can you try to re-phrase that one?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 11:40:30 PM
At 3/13/2013 11:34:03 PM, Zaradi wrote:

.....either I'm too tired to understand anything anymore (unlikely, it's only 11:30), or this made no sense.

Its not just you, this made me confused as well. I think medic got caught up on BigSky's second quote where he still believes abortion is justified to save the woman's life.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 11:44:53 PM
Wait, what? I thought Bigsky believed that abortion was wrong...period....now he's saying there's an exception to that?

CONSERVATIVES!! ATTAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 6:17:40 AM
Lannan13
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 10:54:30 AM

There isn't a nice way to say this. If someone knows that they are advocating for killing babies, and they're ok with infanticide, then arguing with them is just an exercise in futility. Their arguments are going to prove why they don't even belong in the discussion to begin with.

The only time a choice to kill the baby should be given is in an emergent situation where the life of the mother is at risk, by continuing the pregnancy.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 11:38:36 AM
The Conservative Party herby Endorses the USDDOPLA

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 2:41:24 PM
At 3/14/2013 10:54:30 AM, medic0506 wrote:

There isn't a nice way to say this. If someone knows that they are advocating for killing babies, and they're ok with infanticide, then arguing with them is just an exercise in futility. Their arguments are going to prove why they don't even belong in the discussion to begin with.

The only time a choice to kill the baby should be given is in an emergent situation where the life of the mother is at risk, by continuing the pregnancy.

Okay, let me ask you a question then: If an infant is born without any of the brain activity associated with consciousness, and instead basically just has a brain stem and nothing else, what do you regard it as?

Obviously, at some point X in development a human becomes sentient, then sapient. The question is, where is that line? Is that line crossed at conception? If so, why--it doesn't have a brain, now does it? There's nothing there to really kill.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 4:45:43 PM
At 3/17/2013 2:41:24 PM, Citrakayah wrote:

Okay, let me ask you a question then: If an infant is born without any of the brain activity associated with consciousness, and instead basically just has a brain stem and nothing else, what do you regard it as?

Stillborn

Obviously, at some point X in development a human becomes sentient, then sapient. The question is, where is that line? Is that line crossed at conception? If so, why--it doesn't have a brain, now does it? There's nothing there to really kill.

Irrelevant. Women don't give birth to consciousnesses, they give birth to babies. They aren't pregnant with a consciousness. If they're pregnant, it's a baby. A human life that begins at the moment of conception. Once those cells start dividing, that baby is doing exactly what it's suppose to be doing at that stage of development. It's doing exactly what each of us did when we first began developing. To stop that process is to end a human life, after it began. Yes, you are killing a human.
Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 7:06:51 PM
At 3/17/2013 4:45:43 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Stillborn

Irrelevant. Women don't give birth to consciousnesses, they give birth to babies. They aren't pregnant with a consciousness. If they're pregnant, it's a baby. A human life that begins at the moment of conception. Once those cells start dividing, that baby is doing exactly what it's suppose to be doing at that stage of development. It's doing exactly what each of us did when we first began developing. To stop that process is to end a human life, after it began. Yes, you are killing a human.

What's your point? The reason taking human life is (generally) wrong is because you are depriving a sapient and sentient being of life.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 7:58:47 PM
I believe that abortion should be outlawed in all cases.

ChubbyFatz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 8:10:55 PM
At 3/17/2013 7:58:47 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Even if the birth will possibly lead to the death of the mother? Or doctor says the child will not survive the child birth process?
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 8:56:36 PM
At 3/17/2013 7:06:51 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
At 3/17/2013 4:45:43 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Stillborn

What's your point? The reason taking human life is (generally) wrong is because you are depriving a sapient and sentient being of life.

If that helps you feel better about endorsing babykilling then so be it but you'll never change my view on this.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 9:09:22 PM
At 3/17/2013 8:10:55 PM, ChubbyFatz wrote:

Even if the birth will possibly lead to the death of the mother? Or doctor says the child will not survive the child birth process?

Then you shouldn't have gotten pregnant.

Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 9:36:24 PM
At 3/17/2013 9:09:22 PM, lannan13 wrote:

If you were truly pro-life, you'd support abortions in cases where the mother may die. Think of it this way:

Scenario 1: The mother gets an abortion and lives.
Scenario 2: The mother cannot have an abortion by law, and both the baby and the mother die.

Which sounds more pro-life to you?
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
ChubbyFatz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 10:16:34 PM

This is true however I was speaking of the doctor finding this out during the pregnancy for example first term. Then what also person above me makes a good point. If your all for prolife what about the mothers right to live?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 10:21:38 PM
At 3/17/2013 10:16:34 PM, ChubbyFatz wrote:
At 3/17/2013 7:58:47 PM, lannan13

This is true however I was speaking of the doctor finding this out during the pregnancy for example first term. Then what also person above me makes a good point. If your all for prolife what about the mothers right to live?

That makes sense...I was refurring to cases of tape... When a mother and the fetus's life is in danger then... I still believe late term abortion should be illegal unless their life's in danger.

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 10:33:03 PM
Wait, wait, wait, let's take a step back. Lannan, your justification for no abortions in terms of rape in general is "You shouldn't have gotten pregnant"?

......wut?