Jump to topic:

Jek - Bounty Hunter and Ex-Darkwolfe

THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 10:45:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is linked to the other forum, the futuristic war story. Post any comments about Jek's tale in that forum only.
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 10:45:29 PM
*THUD*

*THUD*

*THUD*

*THUD*

The boots hit the floor with an echo, and the bar goes silent.

*THUD*

The entire bar is staring at the... man... who just walked in.

*THUD*
*THUNK*

He sits down on a bar stool, slamming a gold bard onto the table.

He waits in silence. He looks at the bartender, staring at him and failing to move from pouring position. A slight puddle of liquor is pooling underneath the cup on the table.

"So. You wanna get me my fukin drink?"

The bartender snaps out of his daze when he notices the gold(he was so mesmerized he failed to see it). "Yessir, yessir... uh, wha, what is it you want?"

Jek grimaces. "Pathetic... I will take something light and sweet. Keep the change, I might have another."

"Uhh, um, yessir, right away." For once the bartender is tempted to abandon the bar and run out the back door.

Jek takes the time to look around the bar. When he sees everyone staring at him, he turns back around. If they see him as a monster, so be it.

After a considerably long time (actually the fastest drink the human bartender had ever made, but on Jek's home world a bar is run by an AI and lots of machines) Jek takes a sip of his drink, sets it down, and pulls out a newspaper.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jek is a 7 foot tall Darkwolfe. The Darkwolfe Clan is from Kyrandia, and is known for its skilled warriors and even better bounty hunters. Jek is a bounty hunter who was exiled for doing an inside job. Jek was the best of the best, and devoted to his job, so when a corrupt member of government asked him to eliminate the rival party's leader, Jek had the contract finished in under an hour. This tragic death(the rival party leader was soon to become their version of the US President) led to Jek's departure from the planet. Jek grabbed as much weaponry as he could and a medium sized cargo ship (medium for him is large enough to fit a large US stealth bomber and a speeder, which is pretty much what Jek filled it with) and abandoned his colony.

Jek did a lot of jobs on multiple planets, and was wanted on about 17 of them. He was a master of HTH, CQC, and Sniping. His assassinations are usually pretty clean, and he knows how to kill better than any one person. Only thing is, he works alone.

Jek has light weight, incredibly strong armor with an invisibility setting, and wears a hooded cloak between it and his backpack. The backpack is small and compact, opening on the sides for easy reach to grenades, det charges, C4, and extra ammo. He wears grey-green pants that come down to just the top of his large, slate black, shineless space boots, designed for traction in any environment and any weather condition.

And he is loaded with weapons. He has a Sniper Rifle and Tekkala Sword in an "X" shape across his back, and horizontally across his low back he has a Yzeri A-Class Full Shotgun. He visibly wears knives on each shoulder, each hip, one on his chest, one under his left arm, and three throwing knives in a wristband-type sheath. Under his clothes he has one on his ankle, one covered by his belt, another low back (underneath the shotgun) and a few spare throwing knives in his backpack. He also has a hidden wrist blade and boot knives(hidden inside the sole of the shoe, you stomp to push them out the front for some painful kicks or to cut loose bonds). Two large semi-auto pistols are on each hip, along with a folded down K87 All Purpose Assault Rifle strapped to his chest. You can see why people stare.

For technological wear he has a 3.04 Tactical Pad on his forearm and a Bluetooth style earpiece. He also has his own AI, TR4K3R(Jek calls him Tracker).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jek suddenly pulls out a sack of coins that clink together like any large amount of coins when they hit the counter.

"Where is the battlefront?"

The bartender feels a bead of sweat run down the side of his face. "Uh, like, the warfront? Oh, um, uh, I think I heard it was near Zserxial."

"Then where the fuk is Zserxial?" By now Jek was getting annoyed with the humans, and wasn't too fond of their race.

The bartender fought for words. He was a large supporter of President Bench, and didn't want to help the enemy. But when Jek reached across the counter and picked him up by his collar, the words flowed like water through a broken dam.

"Please! Don't hurt me! I am just a bartender! I, I will write down the coordinates, please, just don't hurt me!" The bartender was frantic, but no amount of struggling could loosen Jek's iron hold on his shirt.

Jek dropped him, and left with the location in his tac pad where his AI could easily reach the info.

With that Jek got in his ship and set off for Zserxial.
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 12:51:21 PM
Jek stretched out, feet on the dash of the cargo ship. His eyes were shut, his mouth slightly open. He was waiting for the alert from Tracker, but Tracker was worn down from flying the ship(the power used to run the ship took a slight amount of energy from him every hour, and it had been about 38).
*SMASH*

Jek jumped up and pounded on the controls as the alarm whirred and wistled, blaring honks interspersed between the sonstant noise.

"Tracker, get th FUK up! NOW!"

Tracker jumped to life, code running across his own holographic screen.

"We are right by the planet! That was Zserxial just outside! Do a right bank, the left wing is damaged and going fast."

Jek banked to the right, beelining straight for the planet. He was just coming into the atmoshpere when...

*BOOM*

Another explosion rocked the cabin. Jek looked at Tracker. "Find me a signal."

Plummeting to the surface Jek tried to keep his ship from nosediving. Looking out the viewport he saw turrets on towers swiveling towards him again.

"I've got it!" The radio crackled.

"Planet Zserxial, come in! Zserxial! Turn off your defenses! I need to land!"

"What is your defense code, over."

"I don't have a fuking pass code! I was flying by and got hit! I am trying to land for repairs! I need those turrets down!"

Looking to the side, Jek saw the turrets were aimed on him.

"What is your side of the war? over."

"I was trying to get to your side, so what side do ya think I am fighting for?!"

By now the turrets were charging up.

"TURN THEM OFF!" Jek yelled.

The turrets were seconds from firing... and it stopped. Jek almost sat down to whipe the sweat off his brow when Tracker yelled out.

"They fired a rocket!"

Jek's heart jumped, and soon he was spinning down trying to outrun the force missle chasing him.

Soon the planet's features were in sight, and Jek saw trees for a mile.

Jek did a straight dive and pulled up at the tree line, flattening a few trees and shooting off. But the missle couldn't handle it, and exploded on the ground. But the edge of the blast caught the tail of Jek's ship, and Jek was sent down.

THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 6:24:42 PM
Flames licked the side of the ship, the occasional crack of sparks splitting an almost still night.

One piece of wreckage was shifting, and it wasn't long until a hand was seen gripping the side. Jek climbed up, bloodied and bruised, and sat down next to the flaming heap.

"The fuk dude! You just left me in there! You sonnova b!-" Jek switched off the earpiece and stood up. Forgetting pain, Jek walked calmly through the flames and sawed through the hull with his combat knife(one of them, anyways). He stepped into air and dropped through the opening, landind on one knee. He walked to the control panel and ejected Tracker, still leaving his earpiece off.

Once he climbed out of the ship again, he laid down in the grass, and finally fell asleep when the soft kiss of rain touched his forehead.

THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 6:36:48 PM
After his nap, Jek made sure the ship was still worth repairing. He set off for town on the speeder, which had suffered the least damage. However, he couldn't go top speed because of the different parts broken or gone.

Tracker gave him the coordinates of the nearest town, and Jek was there in about an hour.

THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 12:02:31 PM
"Then you and me BOTH!"

Jek plunged his knife into the incineration cannon, attempting to eliminate his enemy at his own expense. However, the creature was too fast and transformed the arm into a metal fist. The blade snapped as it hit the creation metal, and Jek saw the fist coming for his gut. He bent right and backwards, doing a sideways limbo to avoid the attack. But it was an expected move, and a boot was brought down hard on Jek's knee, snapping it the wrong direction. The same boot instantly flowed into a claw and threw Jek across the floor where he slumped to the ground, almost unconscious.

The creature reached down to handcuff him and Jek lunged off one leg. The creature sidestepped and grabbed him mid-flight, boosting him into the other wall.

"Ha ha ha. I'm not so foolish as to fall for that one."

"Oh but you did." Jek smiled, a grin of crazed excitement, a champion falling but bringing down his foe with him.
*BEEP*
*BEEP*
*BEEP*
*BEEP*
*BEEP*
*BEEP*
*BEEP*
*BEEP*
*BEEP**BEEP**BEEP**BEEP**BEEP**BEEP*

The thing looked down to see a det charge stuck to his arm.

*BOOM!*