Jump to topic:

The Governors thread

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 12:39:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
This has to do with the United States of DDO game, where Congressmen can claim to be governors over states aka certain forums.

The following is a list of states and their governors:

Albinobunny - 1 - The State of DDO
Skepsikyma - 2 - The State of Arts and Economics
Unclaimed - 3 - The State of Education
ChubbyFatz - 4 - The State of Entertainment and Funny
Virus - 5 - The State of Games
Buddamoose - 6 - The State of Health and History
Imabench - 7 - The State of Misc
lannan - 8 - The State of News
Unclaimed - 9 - The State of Personal
Natoast - 10 - The State of Philosophy
Medic - 11 - The State of Politics
AlwaysMoreThanYou - 12 - The State of Religion
Cybertron - 13 - The State of Science
Unclaimed - 14 - The State of Society
Daytona - 15 - The State of Sports and Technology

Currently States 3, 9, and 14 have not been claimed, so it is assumed that they have a governor who is not a member of Congress. These unclaimed spots can be claimed by Congressmen who are a part of the United States of DDO at a later date at any time, inactive members who are kicked from the game will lose their position of governor of a thread/state.

Apart from keeping track of who is the current governor of which state, this thread will also act as a factbook for governors to list information about their state, such as population (number of posts the forum has), and any other information they see relevant (chief exports, chief imports, what is or isnt illegal, etc). The point of this thread is to basically control and limit how carried away people may get with their title of governor.

I created this thread in response to concern that people might severely abuse the title of governorship, which is a figurehead position that carries with it no significant power. I used my authority as current President of the United States of DDO to create this thread to counter the possible problem, but if my actions of president are considered to be out of line then this thread will be killed and another way to counter the problem this thread was designed to fight will be discussed.

There is only one rule to this thread: CONGRESSMEN MAY NOT EXCESSIVELY RIDICULE OR SH*T ON ANOTHER PERSONS POLICIES ENACTED IN THEIR STATE. Excessive ridiculing could be considered as bad conduct and warrant a senator's removal from the game. The position of Governor was created simply so that people could have a little something to keep them interested in the game while not giving them any real power at the same time....

The next post is an example of how a Governor could give information about his 'state'
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 12:39:53 AM
THE STATE OF MISC

- Current Governor Imabench

Background)

The Misc section has one of the oldest and most extensive histories of any of the Forums, being one of the original forums founded four years ago. The Misc section was designed with very little parameters so that people who didnt fit in well in other forums would have a safe and open place to settle. Since the misc forum was founded as a place for people not accepted anywhere else to flock to and be welcomed with open arms, the misc section has become one of the largest states of DDO and is known for its great diversity and compassion towards immigrants.

Geography)

Land Area (Number of topics in the forum times 100 in miles): 309,000 sq km, about the size of Poland
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Population: 14,341,200 and counting, about the size of Cuba and Panama Combined

Population density: 46.4 people per square kilometer (population divided by land area)

Primary Natural Resources: (only pick four so that other states can have some too, try to be unique with your resources as well)

Oil
Silver
Aluminum
Uranium

Land Use:

12% Wild jungle
20% Suburbs
15% Cities
35% farmland
15% mining
3% other

People and Society)

Ethnic makeup:
45% White
10% Black
25% Latino/Hispanic
15% Asian
5% Other

Languages spoken:

65% English
24% Spanish
9% German
2% Other

Religions:

40% Christian or some form of it
35% Atheist
5% Jewish
3% Muslim
2% Hindi
2% Buddhist
2% Scientologist
11% Other

Major Cities: (Just pick three, and keep in mind what your state population is when listing how big your top cities are)
Berlin: 4.3 million
Singapore: 2.1 million
Boston: 1.7 million

Unemployment: 8%

State Government)

State Capital City: Berlin
State Motto: "Death to all Justin Bieber fans"
State Song: ACDC's Back in Black

Economic Overview)

The state of Misc is very large and its economy is driven largely by commerce, mining, and tourism, with some profits also coming in from generating excess electricity that is sold off to neighboring states. The first mines in the state were Silver mines, but large oil and aluminum reserves later discovered made the state a hotbed for mining. These early mining industries, along with its very lenient immigration laws, eventually led to the state of misc becoming a large state and one of the biggest sites of commerce in all of the USoDDO. The state has very strict environmental laws, originally enacted to preserve rain forests from urban sprawl, which has caused the state to have a very large population density, since a good chunk of the state is off limits to human activity. The state has one of the largest farming sectors in DDO as well, farms mostly grow corn and rice while the rest tend to be dairy farms.

Energy)

70% Nuclear
20% Wind
10% Coal

The large deposits of Uranium within the state make it ideal for exploiting nuclear power, which powers most of the state. Due to the stormy and rainy climate of the state of Misc, wind power makes up 20% of the state's power, while coal makes up the remaining 10%.

Notable features) (This is the place to brag about what your state is best at, only choose four things and try to make them unique from all other states though)

- The State of Misc has the largest immigration rate of any state in the United States of DDO
- The State of Misc has the highest high school graduation rate of any state in the United States of DDO
- The State of Misc also boasts some of the most well known and prestigious universities in the United States of DDO
- The State of Misc houses the nations largest international Airport, the IIA. (Ima International Airport)

List of problems with the state) (List as many as you can imagine, and dont say your state doesnt have any problems, thats bullsh*t and a d*ck move to pull)

1 - Air pollution + Acid Rain

The Misc state has one of the highest population densities of any state in DDO, and since the state was at first powered exclusively by coal power, the state has had everlasting problems with air pollution. The wet and rainy climate of the misc section also combines with the air pollution, which means that acid rain is also a problem in the region, hitting farmers particularly hard. Large Aluminum deposits have also caused the smelting industry to thrive in the state of Misc, which have also had a large impact on air pollution. Despite the misc states best efforts to maximize cleaner forms of transportation, such as rail and a very large bus system, along with its switch to clean energy technologies and severe restrictions on coal power, the state still struggles with air pollution. Most citizens within cities actually walk around wearing surgical masks or stay inside as much as possible to not be affected by the air pollution

2 - Poverty and unemployment

The Misc state has a very large number of immigrants, many of which are often exploited as low wage workers in the mining and commercial sectors. Despite very liberal union laws and high minimum wages, many new immigrants often fall into grinding poverty and have few routes to climb out of it. Others dont have any menas of employment at all though

3 - Oil spills

Most of the State of Misc's oil reserves are found offshore deep underground, and due to the stormy weather of the state, occasionally oil tankers crash and spill their contents into the ocean. Offshore drilling laws are a very contentious issue in the state of misc, because no matter how tight regulations get, accidents still somehow manage to happen.

4 - Cancer rate

The air pollution and high population density of the state of Misc has caused the state population to suffer form very large rates of cancer compared to most other states, particularly lung cancer.

5 - Depletion of natural resources

Experts believe that the state of misc has already mined out about 80% of the state's silver deposits along with about 50% of the Uranium deposits. The loss of silver reserves has caused the price of silver to creep up at a steady rate over years and years, while the depletion of uranium reserves threatens how the state powers itself, since it is powered 80% by nuclear energy. Even though new oil reserves are continually discovered, the state tries to manage how much is mined in order to preserve what little is left for later generations.

6 - Earthquakes

One of the biggest fault lines in the world runs through the state of Misc, and although a particularly bad earthquake hasnt hit a major city in about a century, the region still has had its fair share of damage and close calls. One particularly bad earthquake caused upwards of $50 billion in damage, and experts say that a worst case scenario earthquake could actually demolish the largest city of Berlin, kill hundreds of thousands of people, and cripple the state for decades.....

7 - Drug cartels

Despite lenient laws towards Marijuana use, the state of Misc has a very large drug cartel problem, as many of the state's immigrants participate in the drug trade to climb out of poverty. The drug trade has led to a noticeable spike in crime, and the use of hardcore drugs has proven to be problematic in the state

8 - Weather

It is almost always raining in the state of Misc, the state is only sunny 1/4th of the year. Even though the rain has helped the state deal with water demands, it has caused hell for the sewer system in major cities, which cant handle the amount of water that ends up in the pipes. This has led to issues with water pollution and is still very persistent to the state despite how much money has been thrown at the problem
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 11:18:48 AM
At 3/18/2013 12:52:40 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Sucks to be Skep, budda, and daytona. And no one will ever take 3 and 14.

Dude, the Thad Thread... nuff said ;)
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 11:20:36 AM
At 3/18/2013 11:18:48 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

Idk if we can call the Thaddeus Thread as something healthy xD
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 11:22:28 AM
At 3/18/2013 11:20:36 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 3/18/2013 11:18:48 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

Idk if we can call the Thaddeus Thread as something healthy xD

Of course not, but the fun that is had... the fun that is had
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 11:56:14 AM
State of News
Governor- lannan13

Religon
Christian - 65%
Roman Catholic -25% (this is included in the 65% Christian)
Hindu- 10%
Atheist- 13%
Jewish- 6%
Wiccan- 3%
Buddist-3%

Ethnicity
White- 58%
Pacific Islander- 13%
native american- 10%
Asian- 5%
Latino- 5%
African American - 9%

Energy
Nuclear -50%
Coal- 40%
Renewable resourses- 10%

Language spoken
English- 85%
Spanish- 9%
Arabic - 3%
Latin- 1%

State government
Capitol- Dublin
State motto- Sict Sempt Aloyweasis
State song- If everyone cared- Nickleback.

State politics (2013 census conducted by the Kyro corporation.)
Republican- 46%
Democrat- 25%
independent -14%
Anarchist -5%
Constitutionalist- 5%
Not saying -8%

More to come latter.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ChubbyFatz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 6:10:00 PM
Good stuff Lannan, just wanted to point out I think 3% people speak Arabic but 0 Muslims. Not knocking you or anything that Mr. President said we couldn't do but just might've been a oversight. Although not only Arab speaking ppl are Muslims. They me be Christian or know it as a second language? Just thought I'd ask if this was meant to be or a oversight.

Good stuff overall though.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 6:11:38 PM
I CLAIM #3.

this is actually legitimate.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 6:48:30 PM
At 3/18/2013 6:10:00 PM, ChubbyFatz wrote:
Good stuff Lannan, just wanted to point out I think 3% people speak Arabic but 0 Muslims. Not knocking you or anything that Mr. President said we couldn't do but just might've been a oversight. Although not only Arab speaking ppl are Muslims. They me be Christian or know it as a second language? Just thought I'd ask if this was meant to be or a oversight.

Good stuff overall though.

Arabian Christians. Thanks.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 7:10:57 PM
This looks interesting.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 12:57:42 PM
At 3/18/2013 7:10:57 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
This looks interesting.

you should sign up.

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 5:38:57 PM
how do you do population
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 5:41:08 PM
At 3/19/2013 5:38:57 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
how do you do population

It's how many posts there are in your forum.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 5:41:19 PM
how do you do population

number of posts your forum has: http://www.debate.org...

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 5:42:09 PM
At 3/19/2013 5:41:19 PM, imabench wrote:
how do you do population

number of posts your forum has: http://www.debate.org...

thank you
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 5:43:20 PM
wait its number of posts times 100

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 5:44:09 PM
At 3/19/2013 5:43:20 PM, imabench wrote:

oh and what about pop density
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 5:45:51 PM
At 3/19/2013 5:44:09 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 3/19/2013 5:43:20 PM, imabench wrote:

oh and what about pop density

number of people divided by land area

land area equals topics x 100

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 5:57:17 PM
At 3/18/2013 11:56:14 AM, lannan13 wrote:
State of News
Governor- lannan13

Religon
Christian - 65%
Hindu- 10%
Atheist- 13%
Jewish- 6%
Wiccan- 3%
Buddist-3%

Ethnicity
White- 58%
Pacific Islander- 13%
native american- 10%
Asian- 5%
Latino- 5%
African American - 9%

Energy
Nuclear -50%
Coal- 40%
Renewable resourses- 10%

Language spoken
English- 85%
Spanish- 9%
Arabic - 3%
Latin- 1%

State government
Capitol- Dublin

Republican- 46%
Democrat- 25%
independent -14%
Anarchist -5%
Constitutionalist- 5%
Not saying -8%

State Population- 1,471,600
Biggest cities:
Dublin- 1,273,069 (http://www.bing.com...)
Topeka- 128,188 (http://quickfacts.census.gov...)
Vatican City- 832 (http://www.bing.com...)

Pros and cons to come later.

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 6:01:32 PM
At 3/19/2013 5:57:17 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/18/2013 11:56:14 AM, lannan13 wrote:
State of News
Governor- lannan13

Religon
Christian - 65%
Hindu- 10%
Atheist- 13%
Jewish- 6%
Wiccan- 3%
Buddist-3%

Ethnicity
White- 58%
Pacific Islander- 13%
native american- 10%
Asian- 5%
Latino- 5%
African American - 9%

Energy
Nuclear -50%
Coal- 40%
Renewable resourses- 10%

Language spoken
English- 85%
Spanish- 9%
Arabic - 3%
Latin- 1%

State government
Capitol- Dublin

Republican- 46%
Democrat- 25%
independent -14%
Anarchist -5%
Constitutionalist- 5%
Not saying -8%

State Population- 1,471,600
Biggest cities:
Dublin- 1,273,069 (http://www.bing.com...)
Topeka- 128,188 (http://quickfacts.census.gov...)
Vatican City- 832 (http://www.bing.com...)

Pros and cons to come later.

Vatican is not city it is its own separate entity from Italy it is actually the smallest country http://geography.about.com...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 6:02:40 PM
At 3/19/2013 6:01:32 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Vatican city is not a city it is its own separate entity from Italy it is actually the smallest country http://geography.about.com...

well its a city now :P

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 6:03:55 PM
but, but, but
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 6:10:22 PM
At 3/19/2013 6:03:55 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
but, but, but
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 6:12:02 PM
but, but, but
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 6:54:52 PM
State of Games

Cities: Dunwall, The main city in The Elder Scrolls Online, The main city in Destiny (I will find the names later but I have hw)

Capitol: TBD

Song: Survive by Rise Against

Motto: No pain no gain, so quit yer bitchin (subject to change I just needed to fill the space)

^^^That is all for now... more to come!
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2013 7:03:37 AM
At 3/19/2013 9:52:06 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Is land area in sq. mi. or sq. km?

Depends on your background.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2013 7:37:30 AM
At 3/19/2013 9:52:06 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Is land area in sq. mi. or sq. km?

Id go with km for now