Jump to topic:

True Blood Mafia Replacements

ln074246
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 8:26:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I would like to be considered for a replacement, but if there are more seasoned individuals I would understand not being picked.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 11:16:13 AM
I'll do it.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 9:57:13 PM
At 4/17/2013 8:21:36 PM, tulle wrote:
So... what happened to this?

The world may never know... I am.guessing FT lost interest. Me and TV were mafia.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 10:09:49 PM
At 4/17/2013 9:57:13 PM, TUF wrote:

The world may never know... I am.guessing FT lost interest. Me and TV were mafia.

I was telling the truth about my claim though, except that I had to kill whathername.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 10:11:58 PM

You can't just leave people out to dry like that. You can tell ft I give him the wag of the fingure.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 10:12:13 PM

Damn, I don't even remember the game anymore LOL.
yang.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 10:23:06 PM
I can't remember who was who (so the Mafia names mean nothing to me) , but I can explain why the game essentially died.

FT included a role in the game that involved the dead. Basically, none of the dead could come back in as replacements because a living role was contacting the dead, so being a replacement would be a way to confirm a townie. In essence, FT used an interesting role yet shot himself in the foot with replacements - the dead could not replace in, and the dead are the most interested, often best replacements.

That's basically why FT was never able to find replacements... I think.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 10:24:45 PM
Wayyyy off on TV, but at least I got Tulle right :D
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 10:25:34 PM
At 4/17/2013 10:24:45 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Wayyyy off on TV, but at least I got Tulle right :D

Wait nvm, damn, let me reread my analysis one sec and see if I was actually 0 for 2 haha
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 10:39:06 PM
Wish we went ahead and lynched TV instead of Logic. But dammit, Matt was so convincing. Why did no one lynch TV the next DP though is something I won't understand.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 10:41:45 PM
At 4/17/2013 10:39:06 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Wish we went ahead and lynched TV instead of Logic. But dammit, Matt was so convincing. Why did no one lynch TV the next DP though is something I won't understand.

Yeah, that was likely because of me... and i checked, i waffled between sarcastic and TUF and never placed a final vote. Dayum -_-
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 10:44:35 PM
At 4/17/2013 10:43:36 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
We should allow FT to redo a game. He basically missed two whole cycles of the mod-list now by having two abandoned games due to no fault of his.

We should, FT's games have been crazy thus far as long as they've managed to go
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:18:03 PM
At 4/17/2013 10:44:35 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 4/17/2013 10:43:36 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
We should allow FT to redo a game. He basically missed two whole cycles of the mod-list now by having two abandoned games due to no fault of his.

We should, FT's games have been crazy thus far as long as they've managed to go

I just fear he will drop the game in the middle again...
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:35:41 PM
Budda, I was town!!!

I can't remember who Tuf was, but I know I thought TV was scum. But who else was scum? There can't have only been 2 :/
yang.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:51:14 PM
If I ever mod a game again, I will only do it if the majority of the players can commit to it for the full duration. In this game and my previous one, a lot of players asked to be replaced and there were no replacements to be found. I shouldn't have mod-killed Bull, I regret that in retrospect just because of how active he was at the time. Oh well. If anyone is interested in the game design, I can post the roles.

I had a couple cool ideas for this game but they didn't play out the way I expected. TV was a voteless mafioso, and TUF was a JOAT with ability to double vote. I also got the idea from Logic to make the Vigilante commit suicide if he shot town, that way discouraging him from taking out TV. I also made it a hidden mechanic so that TV gained the ability to vote at LYLO guaranteeing a mafia victory if TUF and TV could get that far. It was only a two-person mafia but I thought they were quite powerful and had very good winning chances. I expected TV to get a free pass based on the fact he was voteless and thus a presumed non-threat unless it got to 3-way LYLO. Town actually decided to almost lynch him D1 which would have destroyed the mafia. I didn't take that possibility into account. Once he survived D1 though, mafia looked strong.

I made Bill Compton, Bull, a third-party scum faction, winning with Lilith lol... He was bulletproof and had a night-kill. His mod-kill was unfortunate.

Logic's role was intended to cast doubt on investigative roles, especially since the vast majority of vampires were Town. To complicate matters further, Sookie would not receive results when targeting vampires since in the show she couldn't read the thoughts of vampires. It basically made vampires immune to investigation, which both protected Bull while providing some mislynch potential.

Then there were two roles that could communicate with the dead - Mediums - and that was cause I hated dying in mafia games and not being able to voice my thoughts. I thought that would be a cool mechanic to solve that problem + it fit the theme. Unfortunately, that totally backfired cause then all the good players who died couldn't replace back in (I'm sure Logic and F-16/drafter would have been happy to replace back in otherwise).

I apologize to the players who put a lot of time into the game - especially Budda. I couldn't find replacements until a couple weeks had gone by and I kind of lost interest by that point. I hope those of you who played enjoyed however short-lived it was.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 9:40:07 AM
At the time I was in the US so I wasn't really paying attention. And even though I was posting, I feel like being inactive/not paying attention is more of a detriment to town. I would have continued the game when I got back, but people had already volunteered to be a replacement.

It sounds like it would have been a great game.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 9:41:05 AM
At 4/18/2013 9:40:07 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At the time I was in the US so I wasn't really paying attention. And even though I was posting, I feel like being inactive/not paying attention is more of a detriment to town. I would have continued the game when I got back, but people had already volunteered to be a replacement.

It sounds like it would have been a great game.

lmfao whoops. This is tulle. Guess the secret is out---I'm a multi :p
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 10:30:42 AM
YEAH!

I Was going to killl TUF that night.