Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

BOOSTING DEBATES Sign Ups

THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 5:03:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
For all of you window-licking douchebags that showed up wanting to boost, suck a dik.

I honestly think boosting is awful, and so is camping, so I want your opinion:

Is boosting okay?

Is hacking okay?

Is camping the sh!t out of a corner(or any other place) okay?
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 5:07:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
whats boosting
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
lannan13
Posts: 23,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 5:09:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 5:07:38 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
whats boosting
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 5:12:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 5:07:38 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
whats boosting

Not actually trying(in videogames, joining in matches with friends on both teams, standing still and letting one person kill everyone so their XP goes up, or is boosted)

In a 1v1, not trying so the other person ranks up faster.

In this case it would be letting someone make an obvious win debate, challenge them and not try so they get another win on their stats
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 5:14:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
oh then boosting is not good in this case

but what is camping and hacking in this case
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
lannan13
Posts: 23,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 5:14:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 5:03:26 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
For all of you window-licking douchebags that showed up wanting to boost, suck a dik.

I honestly think boosting is awful, and so is camping, so I want your opinion:

Is boosting okay?
yes
Is hacking okay?
no
Is camping the sh!t out of a corner(or any other place) okay?
no
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 5:15:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
actually boosting is okay srry changed my mind
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 5:17:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 5:14:13 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
oh then boosting is not good in this case

but what is camping and hacking in this case

I am saying in a video game is boosting okay?

In a video game is hacking okay?

In a video game is camping okay?
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 5:17:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 5:14:21 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/24/2013 5:03:26 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
For all of you window-licking douchebags that showed up wanting to boost, suck a dik.

I honestly think boosting is awful, and so is camping, so I want your opinion:

Is boosting okay?
yes
Is hacking okay?
no
Is camping the sh!t out of a corner(or any other place) okay?
no

Why yes to boosting?
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 5:18:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 5:17:20 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/24/2013 5:14:13 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
oh then boosting is not good in this case

but what is camping and hacking in this case

I am saying in a video game is boosting okay?
no
In a video game is hacking okay?
no
In a video game is camping okay?
yes
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 5:21:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 5:18:56 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 3/24/2013 5:17:20 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/24/2013 5:14:13 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
oh then boosting is not good in this case

but what is camping and hacking in this case

I am saying in a video game is boosting okay?
no
In a video game is hacking okay?
no
In a video game is camping okay?
yes

I agree...

Camping I am on the fence. It depends on who you are playing against, and what you are doing. If pros are spawn trapping pros, I am fine with that, but a set of MLG Pros against 4 randoms? fuk no spawn camping isn't okay
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 5:26:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 5:21:21 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/24/2013 5:18:56 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 3/24/2013 5:17:20 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/24/2013 5:14:13 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
oh then boosting is not good in this case

but what is camping and hacking in this case

I am saying in a video game is boosting okay?
no
In a video game is hacking okay?
no
In a video game is camping okay?
yes

I agree...

Camping I am on the fence. It depends on who you are playing against, and what you are doing. If pros are spawn trapping pros, I am fine with that, but a set of MLG Pros against 4 randoms? fuk no spawn camping isn't okay

I disagree with the last line. I do because I don't like hearing whining like that. you'll say that b/c its happened to you or a friend a lot. you just need to adapt and learn to deal with situations like that
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 5:30:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 5:26:20 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 3/24/2013 5:21:21 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/24/2013 5:18:56 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 3/24/2013 5:17:20 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/24/2013 5:14:13 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
oh then boosting is not good in this case

but what is camping and hacking in this case

I am saying in a video game is boosting okay?
no
In a video game is hacking okay?
no
In a video game is camping okay?
yes

I agree...

Camping I am on the fence. It depends on who you are playing against, and what you are doing. If pros are spawn trapping pros, I am fine with that, but a set of MLG Pros against 4 randoms? fuk no spawn camping isn't okay

I disagree with the last line. I do because I don't like hearing whining like that. you'll say that b/c its happened to you or a friend a lot. you just need to adapt and learn to deal with situations like that

I know but some people really suck and it makes me frustrated. Just because YOU can cope doesn't mean your teammates can, and when you don't have any communication with your team and the pros have callouts, winning is just short of impossible! I have always hated playing against pros not because I dislike the challenge but my teammates cant do jack sh!t. It ends up being 1 on 4.
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
lannan13
Posts: 23,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 5:31:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well on this site it's okay but not on a video game.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 5:33:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am still all for spawn camping
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 5:35:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 5:33:05 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
I am still all for spawn camping

I do spawn camp on some maps just out of habit, but when I am the only teammate who even knows what the spawns are I think it is fine
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 11:50:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I would say spawn camping is ok, though it is annoying as hell to be on the receiving end. I would recommend just quitting the game if you really can't break the spawn trap.

As for hacking, obvious no, gives you an unfair advantage over the other players that they CAN'T get.

Boosting is also no, though its inevitable, BUT if there is some ridiculously specific or annoying challenge/achievement I wanna get....then I will boost.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 11:52:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 5:12:25 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/24/2013 5:07:38 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
whats boosting

Not actually trying(in videogames, joining in matches with friends on both teams, standing still and letting one person kill everyone so their XP goes up, or is boosted)

In a 1v1, not trying so the other person ranks up faster.

In this case it would be letting someone make an obvious win debate, challenge them and not try so they get another win on their stats

You mean power-leveling?
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 11:55:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2013 11:52:49 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 3/24/2013 5:12:25 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/24/2013 5:07:38 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
whats boosting

Not actually trying(in videogames, joining in matches with friends on both teams, standing still and letting one person kill everyone so their XP goes up, or is boosted)

In a 1v1, not trying so the other person ranks up faster.

In this case it would be letting someone make an obvious win debate, challenge them and not try so they get another win on their stats

You mean power-leveling?

WoW ftw :D
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion