just know
that you are being watched
and i my dear
should be feared
for my long awaited chance has finally come
now is my time to strike
from within the shadows of the night

*crash*

The plate shattered on the wood, spilling food over the dining room floor.

"Oh dear!" shouted the woman who had been carrying the plate. Short and plump, she waddled over to the nearest countertop and grabbed a towel. Just as she began cleaning the mess, another woman entered the dining room. She was elegantly dressed, ever the image of a typical Southern Belle.

"Miss Betty!" she exclaimed, "goodness, let me help you with that!"

"Nonsense Misses Caroline, there's no reason for you to do that! You have more important things to do!"

Caroline smiled at Betty, a dazzling, sparkling, completely genuine smile of friendship. For years her and Betty had been steadfast friends, despite Betty working for her as a maid. Caroline and her husband Neil had turned their mansion located on a small island off the coast of Virginia, into a sort of bed and breakfast vacation getaway. It was very exclusive, and catered to high end clientele.

"Betty, I won't hear of it, I can spare a few minutes to help you clean this up and you know it."

She knelt beside Betty, grabbing a towel while doing so, and began cleaning with her. Soon enough the spill had been cleaned and both women stood up. Smiling at each other, Betty spoke,

"Thank you miss Caroline. Now off with you! You have guests to greet, and dinner will be ready soon!

"Of course Dear, thank you for all your help, really, thank you."

Caroline walked out of the room, and Betty walked into the kitchen. Still smiling she pulled a small doll from her pocket. Laying it on the cutting board, she grabbed a butcher's knife, and held it above the doll.

"I'm sorry Miss Caroline, but this has been a good long time comin, and it has to be done. I promised, ya see, and I always keep my promises."

Swiftly she brought the blade down, slicing the doll's head off. Just as she did, a scream was heard from the front foyer. Betty rushed there, to see Caroline knelt over a body sobbing. A few feet from the body a man's head could be seen, eyes wide open, mouth agape in shock. Betty smiled as she turned back around and walked back towards the kitchen. As she did so she muttered, "And so the fun begins..."

In the foyer a voice could be heard over the radio,

"A major storm warning has been issued as of the past couple of minutes for the coastal parts of the Southern United Stated. It is advised that those who can evacuate immediately. Those who cannot should stay indoors, making sure windows are boarded, and tightly secured. Repeat..."

Rules

1) No posting after the DP has ended. NO EXCEPTIONS. First offense is a forfeiture of night actions(if any are available). Second offense is a mod-kill.

2) All role PM's must be properly paraphrased. This means that you change more than just the pronouns in the paraphrase. If you have any doubts as to whether or not they're proper, dont hesitate to ask me before posting.

3) You dont have to unvote before voting another player if you are already voting

4) Please refreain from foul, abusive, or berating language. Three strikes and you're mod-killed.

5) If no majority lynch has been reached, then a plurality lynch will occur if at more than 50% of the required votes to lynch. If that has not occured a no lynch will instead occur.

DP1 had now begun and will end 72 hours(3 days) from now at 5:30 PM

Living Players

1. Zaradi
2. Ishall
3. Maikuru
4. Lannan13
5. Yraelz
6. Noumena
7. Skepsikyma
8. TheAntidoter
9. Bull_Diesel
10. trekie
11. Magic8000
12. thedebatekid
13. tulle
14. SI
15. TUF

With 15 players alive it takes 8 votes to lynch!
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 4:47:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Noob rule.
VTL TDK
for claim
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 4:52:45 PM
A few people were online long enough ago to receive their PM from budda but aren't online now. Seems right to start with one of them.

VTL Yraelz
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:08:53 PM
I really like this custom theme. Also I like the OP's poem play on the feeling of fear, Job well done budda!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:13:34 PM
Maikuru, what's your playstyle? Seeing as your are a very intelligent debater, yet in-experienced at mafia, I would like to get a feel for some new ideas at scum catching analytics.

Could you explain your reasons behind random pressure and how you think it will be effective? Not saying I dis-agree with you yet, just wanting to understand your motivations. (I consider it random pressure, as you are pressuring a player when literally only 3 posts have been made in the forum)
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:15:43 PM
At 4/2/2013 4:47:37 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Noob rule.
VTL TDK
for claim

Skeps trekie and yourself are all more nooby than TDK, as far as playstyle goes (not talking about time playing mafia).

No offense of course. I am trying to break the line between the traditional "vote-a-noob" and wait gameplay.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:22:02 PM
At 4/2/2013 5:13:34 PM, TUF wrote:
Maikuru, what's your playstyle? Seeing as your are a very intelligent debater, yet in-experienced at mafia, I would like to get a feel for some new ideas at scum catching analytics.

Could you explain your reasons behind random pressure and how you think it will be effective? Not saying I dis-agree with you yet, just wanting to understand your motivations. (I consider it random pressure, as you are pressuring a player when literally only 3 posts have been made in the forum)

Thanks for the compliment and you're right about me being new. I'd like to thank budda, by the way, for letting me join his game, which looks very cool so far.

I've read a number of games on the site and agree with the concept of pushing early for claims on DP1 in the hopes of generating discussion and locking people in. Sorry lannan but I'm not a fan of the noob rule, from what I've seen. I figure if you're going to vote early, it might as well be for someone who has seen their role PM but wasn't online when the game began.
- lamerde

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:36:32 PM
At 4/2/2013 5:22:02 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Thanks for the compliment and you're right about me being new. I'd like to thank budda, by the way, for letting me join his game, which looks very cool so far.

I've read a number of games on the site and agree with the concept of pushing early for claims on DP1 in the hopes of generating discussion and locking people in. Sorry lannan but I'm not a fan of the noob rule, from what I've seen. I figure if you're going to vote early, it might as well be for someone who has seen their role PM but wasn't online when the game began.

Mmmkay.

Truth is I am trying to generate a new playstyle ( I feel not a lot of people have bee using actual tactics lately). Most people have learned something from their first few games here, as mandated perhaps, and stuck to that rule. But just because something has always been done, doesn't particularly mean it is the best way.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:38:41 PM
At 4/2/2013 4:52:45 PM, Maikuru wrote:
A few people were online long enough ago to receive their PM from budda but aren't online now. Seems right to start with one of them.

VTL Yraelz

Probably because 'those' people (me) work during the day and don't leave their computer logged onto DDO 24/7. =P I will come back to this forum in three hours.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:40:24 PM
Screw the meta.

I want to impliment an RVS for this game. RVS is a technique done on mafiascum (another, far superior mafia site) where we randomly vote for certain people, and analyze each others votes. It's a better way of finding scummy behavior rather than just getting people to claim and giving the mafia information needlessly.

I'll start it.

VTL TUF

He's really not all that tough, and is thus lying. We should lynch all liars.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:43:31 PM
I liked the OP. I am now successfully scared of going to sleep..

Anyway, Maikuru, I don't understand the thought proccess behind your vote. Vote for someone who has seen his PM but isn't online at the moment?

I'm not against vtl'ing for Yraezl, but what your reason for it is just doesn't make sense to me.

That said, Yraezl seems to be new, so VTL Yraezl for a claim.

See you in about 13 hours.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:48:35 PM
I too have seen RVS used on mafiascum before. Personally I have had a harder time agreeing with the concept at first, but believe it or not, it can prove effective. VTL Tulle.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:51:31 PM
@ Maikuru

I essentially agree with sarcastic. Random voting is one thing, but I particularly find it labeled a little oddly.

If you are voting someone who hasn't been informed that the game is up yet, what difference is there in voting them and voting someone completely random for the same results (potentially).

Anyways, I get that it is a random vote in order to progress the DP with further claims, right?
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:59:43 PM

Everybody is doin the splits on this here VC

Thedebatekid(1/8)- Lannan13

Yraelz(2/8)- Maikuru, SarcasticIndeed

TUF(1:/8)- Zaradi

Tulle(1/8)- TUF

-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 6:04:12 PM
My reasoning is that Budda's mass PM said he was starting the game soon, so someone who was online in time to see that and their role PM and chose to leave before the game started reads as someone who possibly did not want to engage right away.
- lamerde

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 6:19:07 PM
At 4/2/2013 6:04:12 PM, Maikuru wrote:
My reasoning is that Budda's mass PM said he was starting the game soon, so someone who was online in time to see that and their role PM and chose to leave before the game started reads as someone who possibly did not want to engage right away.

Or had to go to work/class.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 6:25:12 PM
At 4/2/2013 6:19:07 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 4/2/2013 6:04:12 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Or had to go to work/class.

Hence the "possibly."
- lamerde

Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 6:50:30 PM
VTL Yraezl
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 6:52:58 PM

And the pressure starts mounting

Yraelz(3/8)- Maikuru, SarcasticIndeed, Magic8000

TUF(1:/8)- Zaradi

Tulle(1/8)- TUF

-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 8:25:46 PM
At 4/2/2013 6:50:30 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
VTL Yraezl

This type of behaviour is harmful to mafia. Especially as a newer player. I would expect you to at least attempt to add some sort of reasoning rather than blatant bandwagoning. Unvote VTL Magic8000
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 9:04:10 PM
TUF, he hasn't even completed his first game. I doubt he even knows what bandwagoning means. Why go super hardcore over a tiny little detail in such an early part of the first day phase?

I like my vote where it is right now
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 9:31:45 PM
VTL Zaradi

His avatar background offends my chromatic sensitivities.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 9:37:07 PM
At 4/2/2013 9:04:10 PM, Zaradi wrote:
TUF, he hasn't even completed his first game. I doubt he even knows what bandwagoning means. Why go super hardcore over a tiny little detail in such an early part of the first day phase?

Well, he obviously doesn't need to know what bandwagoning is to do it. In fact, inexperience should make things like that more telling. I'm not saying it was a slip, but I would like to hear the reasoning behind his vote.
- lamerde

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 9:47:30 PM
At 4/2/2013 9:37:07 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Well, he obviously doesn't need to know what bandwagoning is to do it. In fact, inexperience should make things like that more telling. I'm not saying it was a slip, but I would like to hear the reasoning behind his vote.

Why the blatant backtracking? Do you think it's scummy regardless of his experience or don't you?

Unvote VTL Maikuru

New target!
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 9:59:14 PM
At 4/2/2013 9:47:30 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 4/2/2013 9:37:07 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Why the blatant backtracking? Do you think it's scummy regardless of his experience or don't you?

Unvote VTL Maikuru

New target!

Like I said, it's telling, which is why I'm asking for his vote justification. I going somewhere with this.
- lamerde

thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 10:09:58 PM
The way I see it, the title leaves things very open. There can be a lot of different roles in this game, its just a matter of finding out who is who.
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 10:23:58 PM
At 4/2/2013 10:09:58 PM, thedebatekid wrote:
The way I see it, the title leaves things very open. There can be a lot of different roles in this game, its just a matter of finding out who is who.

GAH! There's too many places to look right now!

Literally, this did less for us than TA's post. Y U NO DO ANYTHING!!!
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 1:54:30 AM

Back to the splits

Yraelz(3/8)- Maikuru, SarcasticIndeed, Magic8000

Maikuru(1/8)- Zaradi

Zaradi(1/8)- Skepsikyma

Magic8000(1/8)- TUF

-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 6:26:18 AM
First, without any reason, you assume that Maikuru is town, and so his scum catching analytics would worth a damn. Second, have you not read the Beginner games with Maikuru? I seem to recall you posting in an endgame thread so you should have an idea about his playstyle already. Comes off as early buddying.

VTL TUF for a claim.

I'd also like to hear something more meritful from TDK because as Zaradi pointed out that post is just godawful. Scum is either crying or laughing at it.