Has anyone heard of Kingdom Hearts?

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 9:29:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/7/2013 9:08:27 PM, Young_Republican_Girl wrote:
Has anyone heard of Kingdom Hearts? If so, do you like the game or do you think it's too Disney (childish)?

I think it's hugely popular because it's a stroll down memory lane for anyone in my generation, not to mention a great game overall. It has what's probably one of the hardest boss fights of all time in it. Don't dismiss it on those grounds.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 9:40:44 PM
At 4/7/2013 9:29:59 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Has anyone heard of Kingdom Hearts? If so, do you like the game or do you think it's too Disney (childish)?

I think it's hugely popular because it's a stroll down memory lane for anyone in my generation, not to mention a great game overall. It has what's probably one of the hardest boss fights of all time in it. Don't dismiss it on those grounds.

Is it really that good Skep? I have always avoided it cause it looked like Disney's attempt at a fighting game.
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 9:49:16 PM
At 4/7/2013 9:40:44 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 4/7/2013 9:29:59 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Is it really that good Skep? I have always avoided it cause it looked like Disney's attempt at a fighting game.

It's a fantastic game. The fighting system is extremely fun, almost addictive. And you'll recognize the optional fight that I'm talking about when you get to it. Chances are you die about five seconds in.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 10:14:41 PM
I love it, I own 2, recoded, and 365/5 days.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 1:32:29 AM

I have only played the first one (though I own three, I think). I know I got to the final boss, but I never attempted to fight him, which is common for me (I have only beaten very few RPGs, but get far in lots).

It was actually pretty fun to play, but there were some things that were too annoying, namely the gummi ship. I think the mechanics were a bit odd, but again, it was their first attempt. I think some of the cut-scenes were a bit childish and perhaps the story, but overall it was good. Definitely worth a try, and I assume the mechanics are worked out in the later games.
My work here is, finally, done.
Young_Republican_Girl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 5:28:46 PM
I'm SOOO glad that I'm not the only one that likes it! Scratch that, LOVES IT!!! I do think that the Disney characters make the game seem childish, but they also give the game a bit of magic and fun! HUGE FAN RIGHT HERE!!!