Jump to topic:

Midnighters Mafia DP4

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 9:12:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
NO OP today. May introduce on later in the DP.

DEAD PLAYERS

Chubby- ????- ???
Zaradi- Mellissa- Listens to mafia conversations

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Budda
2. TA
3. OneElephant
4. Bull diesel
5. skepsikyma
6. lannan13
7. Ishall
8. Yraelz
9. The virus
10. Magic8000

6/10 votes to lynch
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 9:14:01 PM
K we need to see if Zar slipped anything. The mafia might have figured out she was listening in by something she said.
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 9:19:03 PM
@Bull-Deisel

Did you get my item?
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 9:23:07 PM
Budda, Lannan, and OneE.

I am positive at least one of them is mafia, if not all 3.
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 9:28:24 PM
Oh and Ishall is confirmed town.

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 9:34:56 PM
No NK again? I think I'm right about the cult thing, unless they were stupid enough to attempt to kill the doctor right after claiming. It should be predictable that I would have protected myself.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 9:37:52 PM
At 4/7/2013 9:23:07 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
Budda, Lannan, and OneE.

Budda: Zar rode him all of DP2, all the way to the end. He was the only vote on Budda when the DP ended

Lannan: Zar (seemingly, in my opinion) waited until lannan said something an average player could jump on him for, I think because Zar might have known lannan was mafia but didn't want to come off looking scum himself. HOWEVER...

OneE: Called out Zar for this, convincing us Zar was mafia. Zar jumped on OneE(to no avail). <----Why would Zar jump on someone if she knew lannan was mafia? This means either both are mafia, or at least one of them is.

IN DEFENSE OF ONE-E: Not saying I think he is town, but he seemed to have good reasons why Zar was mafia(he convinced enough of us). This was either because Zar outed something only discussed between mafia(meaning OneE is mafia) or because he is town but was convinced himself Zar really was mafia.

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 9:41:07 PM
At 4/7/2013 9:14:01 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
K we need to see if Zar slipped anything. The mafia might have figured out she was listening in by something she said.

Here's a hint, how do you think he knew he was framed?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 9:43:39 PM
At 4/7/2013 9:41:07 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

*facepalm* I am so stupid. My other points still stand.

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 9:43:52 PM
At 4/7/2013 9:41:07 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Heard the mafia planning it, obviously. I suspect Lannan very heavily. A mafia would have hammered Zaradi because they would have known that, if pressured, Zaradi would spill information on all of the mafia's plans.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 9:46:34 PM
VTL Lannan

You've got some 'splainin to do/
- Hilaire Belloc -
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 9:46:45 PM
Lannan needs to die

VTL Lannan

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 9:54:13 PM
Everyone will have to wait for tomorrow for my reads. My buddy has been playing for the US in Argentina and he and I just went out for the first time since he's been back. And It's Master's week, shiet gets crazy here.

Did we give up on the 13 letter word thing?

Assassination
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 9:56:43 PM
At 4/7/2013 9:54:13 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
Everyone will have to wait for tomorrow for my reads. My buddy has been playing for the US in Argentina and he and I just went out for the first time since he's been back. And It's Master's week, shiet gets crazy here.

Did we give up on the 13 letter word thing?

Assassination

Yep, you got it.

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 10:05:16 PM
At 4/7/2013 10:02:53 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
I think everyone needs to post the number 13 and a thirteen letter word.

Ballsmothered

LOL, is that really a word? xD

Effervescence 13
- Hilaire Belloc -
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 10:07:08 PM
Yraelz what did you do last night phase because I attempted to use the compass on you and it pointed back to me?

To answer skept, I didn't know the vote count for starters, secondly I openly offered ishall to investigate me in the last day phase, I guess we just wait for ishall s results.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 10:07:59 PM
Obstructivity 13

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 10:08:11 PM
At 4/7/2013 10:07:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Yraelz what did you do last night phase because I attempted to use the compass on you and it pointed back to me?

To answer skept, I didn't know the vote count for starters, secondly I openly offered ishall to investigate me in the last day phase, I guess we just wait for ishall s results.

I guess we shall. Let's hope everyone else keeps track of the votes in the meantime ;)
- Hilaire Belloc -
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 10:13:14 PM
At 4/7/2013 10:08:11 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 4/7/2013 10:07:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:

I guess we shall. Let's hope everyone else keeps track of the votes in the meantime ;)

I was keeping the board updated but diesel told me to knock it off in the first day phase... what are your reads on magic and oneE. The reason ii say so is that I haven't seen magic do much and oneE didn't receive my item that I sent him which was a flashlight.

Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 3:36:47 PM
A couple of things. Lannan's original claim was legit. The fact that Jessica Day ever had a compass is only mentioned in a few lines in the book. It is not at all a focal point, which means that Lannan probably did not fabricate this. However, it's probable that Lannan has been turned mafia (read: claimed main character in DP1). The hammer move in DP3 was puttsy.

That said we shouldn't kill Lannan. We have to kill the converter. Look at it this way. If we kill Lannan right now and then the converter converts someone during NP, the town is still down by one person while the mafia maintains the same numbers.

I think that voting OneE for death instead is a smarter choice. In DP3 Zaradi targeted Lannan first and then OneE. However, Zaradi's argument for targeting OneE was super stupid. But Zaradi, because he could see the mafia conversations, knew who they were... I think Zaradi was looking for any excuse to target OneE.

Also, chances are they are both Mafia, but OneE said this at the end of DP3, "Lannan, you don't just suddenly jump on a wagon (when you've previously expressed no suspicion of Zaradi at all) and hammer someone before giving them a chance to explain themselves. It's too late now so we can only wait and see how Zaradi flips, but don't do that in the future please, regardless of Zaradi's alignment." I'm doing some WIFOM logic here, but if Lannan is the converter, OneE probably would not have focused him in this manner. I think OneE is the converter.

VTL OneE
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 3:40:10 PM
ABBREVIATIONS - 13 (not to discredit this, but I doubt such an obvious mechanic would exist, that'd just make the entire game too easy).

Just to address some things people brought up about my play last DP - first off, I don't see how not receiving an item is scummy, which is what Lannan seems to be implying, unless you have some reason to suggest darklings aren't notified when you pass items along.

Also, I think I was clearly pushing for Zaradi to claim (not for death like VIRUS is suggesting), and not just because of a behavioral cue - because Ishall got a guilty on him. I think that's a good reason for any townie to push for a claim - I'd actually be suspicious of people who weren't on Zaradi's wagon in the beginning because only scum would have immediately recognized that Zaradi was telling the truth based on the information he outed.

I'll post some thoughts later when I have more time, but can we not hammer anyone before I get back without good reason?
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 3:43:58 PM
One other thing, if Lannan was the godfather (as Zaradi stated in DP3) then it's possible that TUF gave him a fake back-story. In which case, perhaps he would have the items he says. Let's discuss this.
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 3:48:17 PM
At 4/8/2013 3:47:56 PM, OneElephant wrote:
@Yraelz - why did you not vote for Zaradi during the previous DP, even though Ishall got a guilty on him?

Same question to @Skep.
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 3:55:30 PM
@Budda & anyone in general - do you guys think I'm responsible for Zaradi's mislynch?

Also, VTL Skep for a character claim + paraphrase. I have some comments about Skep I'll get to in a bit but I thought I'd place a vote on him for now - again, please don't lynch before I get back.
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 4:17:51 PM
At 4/7/2013 9:34:56 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
No NK again? I think I'm right about the cult thing, unless they were stupid enough to attempt to kill the doctor right after claiming. It should be predictable that I would have protected myself.

I just noticed this LOL.

Hey @Yraelz, one a scale from one to ten - why is this post complete bullcrap?
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 4:25:26 PM
At 4/8/2013 3:47:56 PM, OneElephant wrote:
@Yraelz - why did you not vote for Zaradi during the previous DP, even though Ishall got a guilty on him?

Because I said this, "@Ishall - I'd point out that Clancy isn't a big fan the midnighters in the book. I believe he has numerous problems with Jonathan and others. I think your reading, considering you got one at all, only means that the person isn't a darkling."

The fact that Ishall had a "bad feeling" about someone proved to me that they were a midnighter. -.- If he had found a darkling then he would have had the same result as NP1, paraphrased, "Who is character? Do they exist?"