Total Posts:205|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

FEAR Mafia Day Phase

Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 9:42:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Anthony met up an hour later with his partner.

"Have you seen Sugar?" He inquired, "He is usually the first one to show wherever we are meeting."

"No I havent, but we need to continue the plan. We already know who we're taking tonight, lets go get her."

Anthony smiled, "and this time I have a little surprise." He pulled a vial out of his pocket, it was filled with a clear liquid. "This is going to make sure there are no loose ends."

"Excellent, now lets get this done. We dont have much time."

________________

Two lovers sleep in bed at night
Two lovers sleep under covers light

Two lovers dream in peaceful slumber
Two lovers dream of love for another

Two lovers woken in dead of night
Two lovers woken in sudden fright

Two lovers torn asunder
Two lovers parted from each other

One lover taken, consumed with fright
One lover given solution of blight

One Lover sent to eternal slumber
One Lover sent to silently wonder


LYNCHED LAST DAY PHASE

Noumena: David Greathouse- Surprisingly, you managed to make a successful living making and producing not only bulletproof vests, but also by smithing various pieces of medieval weaponry and armor. You are thus a blacksmith, and each night may give one player a bulletproof vest. You win with the town.

DEAD LAST DAY PHASE

Skepsikyma: Leslie Diamond aka Sugar Rodriguez. Brother of Neil Diamond, nbeknownst to your family, in the criminal world you are known for your ruthless tactics, and cut-throat techniques. You are quick to kill, and a massive behemoth to boot. You can easily pull a trigger of a gun, but more prefer to snap the necks of those whom have wronged you, with ease. Thus you are a strongman. If you perform the night-kill, it will be unblockable, and unprotectable. You win with the mafia.

Lannan13: Joe Roberts- You are here with a group of fellow friends. Retired from the Richmond Police Department, you are thus a cop, and may investigate one person a night and determine their affiliation. You win with the town.

DEAD IN THE NIGHT

Tulle: Betty Simon, you are a co-owner of a high-end, and respected bodyguard service. Thus You are a bodyguard and may choose each night to protect one person. If they are the target of a lethak ability, you will die instead. You win with the town.

Dead Players

Thedebatekid: Caroline Diamond- Vanilla
SarcasticIndeed: Bobby Sue Miller- Vanilla
Noumena: David Greathouse- Blacksmith
Lannan13: Joe Roberts- Cop
Skepsikyma: Leslie Diamond aka Sugar- Strongman
Tulle: Betty Simon- Bodyguard

Living Players

1. Fourtrouble
2. Yraelz
3. TUF
4. Bull_Diesel
5. SarcasticIndeed(Zaradi)
6. TheAntidoter
7. Maikuru
8. Ishallannoyo
9. Trekie

This Day Phase ends 72 hours from this OP.

Good Luck!
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 9:57:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
FOURTROUBLE IS INNOCENT!

nac
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 10:21:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/10/2013 9:57:35 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
FOURTROUBLE IS INNOCENT!

nac

I've been waiting for this achingly sublime moment all game. I am indeed mod-confirmed innocent.

We can now proceed to lynch scum. I recommend the town sheep me, empirical evidence suggests sheeping me when I'm town is a decidedly strong cocktail for success!

VTL Yraelz
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 11:38:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/10/2013 10:21:22 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 4/10/2013 9:57:35 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
FOURTROUBLE IS INNOCENT!

nac

I've been waiting for this achingly sublime moment all game. I am indeed mod-confirmed innocent.

We can now proceed to lynch scum. I recommend the town sheep me, empirical evidence suggests sheeping me when I'm town is a decidedly strong cocktail for success!

VTL Yraelz

So I investigated Maikuru last night and turned up a guilty on him. However, I also investigated FourTrouble the night before and turned up a guilty on him. Would this be an indication that Maikuru is also innocent?
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 11:39:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is Yraelz's initial argument supporting a mass claim:

At 4/3/2013 12:55:13 PM, Yraelz wrote:
True dat. And I even read this one over but I just didn't feel like I had anything inciteful to add to the discussion yet. I'm going to agree with your later analysis regarding Budda and the storyline. I'm willing to bet that the day period story will continue and feature characters committing good/evil actions. We could all agree to character claim now and I'm sure whoever is named "Betty" would abstain from doing so (because of the DP1 narrative). That would give us an pretty certain mafia lynch right off the bat (I mean, I bet Betty is Mafia considering her actions thus far). However, it would also reveal Caroline which would give the Mafia a NP1 target.

There isn't a way for us to know what the story will hold in coming day periods. Perhaps Budda will indicate who is the cop in DP2 and utterly screw us if we all character claim now. Statistically speaking though this game probably follows the 4:1 rule, which would suggest that there are 4 Mafia playing. If we out Caroline and Betty in DP1 they will probably both die by the end of NP1 which will bring the game to 3 Mafia out of 13 people. That would be advantageous. Since we probably have a doctor (hopefully) we may be able to save Caroline in NP1. That would bring the game to 3 Mafia in 14 people (vastly improved odds of surviving).

Considering all of the above analysis I'm interested in everyone character claiming but not role claiming.

It is very mechanical (read: contrived) analysis with an anti-town end: mass claim. The following shift in Yraelz's thinking reveals how contrived it is:

At 4/5/2013 2:48:46 AM, Yraelz wrote:
At 4/5/2013 2:36:00 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Yraelz, do you think TDK is town or scum?

I don't know or care right now. I will not vote to lynch someone in DP1 unless they literally say "Yo, I am mafia, kill me now." Answer the arguments regarding claims in DP1. There is a lot of logical analysis suggesting it would be a good idea for you to do so. You have not presented a reason for not doing so.

Yraelz goes from saying he thinks a mass claim could be useful because it will help us lynch mafia on DP1 to saying he will never vote to lynch someone on DP1 unless the person claims they are mafia. In other words, he initially justifies a mass claim by saying it can help us lynch mafia on D1. Then, when I ask him to make a judgment regarding TDK, he backtracks and suddenly says he's completely against D1-lynches.

When I called Yraelz out on the inconsistency, he completely dodged my line of questioning, offering no response whatsoever.

What we have here is a shift in principles based on what is more opportunistic at the moment: initially providing justification for a mass claim, later avoiding having to take a position regarding TDK's alignment. In D2, I asked Yraelz if he thought not taking a position regarding the Day's lynch was pro-town or pro-scum, and Yraelz said it was pro-scum, thus admitting that his own behavior on D1 was pro-scum.

Yraelz note-story is evidence that he knows more than he should. Instead of believing TUF's results, what any townie would have done, Yraelz practically ignores them and spins an elaborate lie about how he is 100% convinced I am scum on the basis of a note he received at Night. Again, Yraelz dodges having to take a firm position regarding Noumena's alignment. Yraelz also continues to maintain that Noumena is town, yet at the end of the Day, he votes for Noumena anyway to make sure the lynch goes through. This suggests that Yraelz did not want to be implicated when Noumena flipped innocent at the same time that he wanted to make sure the lynch went through.

To sum up, Yraelz is a slam-dunk lynch and now that I'm confirmed town, it should quell any remaining paranoia you guys might have about me.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 11:48:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
**********

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Yraelz(1/5)- Fourtrouble

**********

I forgot to say with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 11:58:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/10/2013 11:39:18 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
This is Yraelz's initial argument supporting a mass claim:

At 4/3/2013 12:55:13 PM, Yraelz wrote:
True dat. And I even read this one over but I just didn't feel like I had anything inciteful to add to the discussion yet. I'm going to agree with your later analysis regarding Budda and the storyline. I'm willing to bet that the day period story will continue and feature characters committing good/evil actions. We could all agree to character claim now and I'm sure whoever is named "Betty" would abstain from doing so (because of the DP1 narrative). That would give us an pretty certain mafia lynch right off the bat (I mean, I bet Betty is Mafia considering her actions thus far). However, it would also reveal Caroline which would give the Mafia a NP1 target.

There isn't a way for us to know what the story will hold in coming day periods. Perhaps Budda will indicate who is the cop in DP2 and utterly screw us if we all character claim now. Statistically speaking though this game probably follows the 4:1 rule, which would suggest that there are 4 Mafia playing. If we out Caroline and Betty in DP1 they will probably both die by the end of NP1 which will bring the game to 3 Mafia out of 13 people. That would be advantageous. Since we probably have a doctor (hopefully) we may be able to save Caroline in NP1. That would bring the game to 3 Mafia in 14 people (vastly improved odds of surviving).

Considering all of the above analysis I'm interested in everyone character claiming but not role claiming.

It is very mechanical (read: contrived) analysis with an anti-town end: mass claim. The following shift in Yraelz's thinking reveals how contrived it is:

At 4/5/2013 2:48:46 AM, Yraelz wrote:
At 4/5/2013 2:36:00 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Yraelz, do you think TDK is town or scum?

I don't know or care right now. I will not vote to lynch someone in DP1 unless they literally say "Yo, I am mafia, kill me now." Answer the arguments regarding claims in DP1. There is a lot of logical analysis suggesting it would be a good idea for you to do so. You have not presented a reason for not doing so.

Yraelz goes from saying he thinks a mass claim could be useful because it will help us lynch mafia on DP1 to saying he will never vote to lynch someone on DP1 unless the person claims they are mafia. In other words, he initially justifies a mass claim by saying it can help us lynch mafia on D1. Then, when I ask him to make a judgment regarding TDK, he backtracks and suddenly says he's completely against D1-lynches.

The difference, that you're neglecting, is in the time period between these two posts. My theory hinged off the notion of all of us character claiming. However, yourself and one other refused to do this. So when I voiced my second sentiment (i.e. I'm not going to lynch anyone in DP1) it was due to the fact that you had (by that point) utterly refused to character claim. I thought your analysis for lynching TDK was really shoddy, and I didn't have the capacity to figure out who was Mafia without the character claims.

When I called Yraelz out on the inconsistency, he completely dodged my line of questioning, offering no response whatsoever.

This isn't true actually, your question was this, "Is it pro-town or pro-scum to not take a position regarding the Day's lynch?" I said that it was usually pro-scum but depended on the situation. And I, like you, spoke in general terms, which were not specific to DP1. I had previously given my rational on why DP1 was a unique situation.

What we have here is a shift in principles based on what is more opportunistic at the moment: initially providing justification for a mass claim, later avoiding having to take a position regarding TDK's alignment. In D2, I asked Yraelz if he thought not taking a position regarding the Day's lynch was pro-town or pro-scum, and Yraelz said it was pro-scum, thus admitting that his own behavior on D1 was pro-scum.

Look above, you're misrepresenting me. I said it depended on the situation but it was usually pro-scum. Also, I answered you in DP2 by saying that I agreed with Noumena's analysis on the issue.

Yraelz note-story is evidence that he knows more than he should. Instead of believing TUF's results, what any townie would have done, Yraelz practically ignores them and spins an elaborate lie about how he is 100% convinced I am scum on the basis of a note he received at Night. Again, Yraelz dodges having to take a firm position regarding Noumena's alignment. Yraelz also continues to maintain that Noumena is town, yet at the end of the Day, he votes for Noumena anyway to make sure the lynch goes through. This suggests that Yraelz did not want to be implicated when Noumena flipped innocent at the same time that he wanted to make sure the lynch went through.

Because lynching noumena tells us whether or not TUF was flavored. It gave us a potential way to navigate this game. I explained that at the end of DP2. Clearly TUF was flavored. Also, if you'll notice, at the end of DP2 Tulle also agreed to lynch Noumena.

To sum up, Yraelz is a slam-dunk lynch and now that I'm confirmed town, it should quell any remaining paranoia you guys might have about me.

Any remaining!? I think Noumena is dead right (final post DP2), your play style has been really bad this game. You have been the lead of two innocent lynchings. So you should think a little bit before you go through with this lynch. Right now there are 9 people left. If the mafia started with 4, then a mislynch right now will be the end of the game.
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:07:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/10/2013 11:39:51 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Yraelz, you're a fake. TUF is paranoid. You can die now.

TUF was killed, Lannan was legit, and I am legit, which makes Bull_Diesel the final claimed cop. Since we know a cop is illegit in the narrative, your best chance is to kill Bull_Diesel. Also, in DP2 Bull claimed that he had investigated Zaradi and Zaradi (now saracastic) was innocent. So Saracastic is perhaps a good second lynch. Since I'm clearly flavored paranoid and pulled mirror readings on Maikuru and FT, Maikuru is probably legit?

My only worry in this whole plan is that, perhaps, Budda inserted 5 cops into the picture, instead of just four. But that seems unlikely, four is already a lot.

So FT, when I mod kill myself here in a few minutes, proving myself innocent, you should probably kill one of those two. It's your best chance.
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:10:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I just realized this is probably a no win situation. If there were indeed four mafia in the beginning, then my suicide is going to bring the game to 4 vs. 4, which is an insta-loss. But also, since FT is going to vote for me no matter what, the mafia are just all four going to vote for me, and then it'll be an insta-loss that way anyhow. Do dee dooo.... what do do.
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:13:41 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 12:11:07 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Yraelz, go read over D1 and D2. You're getting a majority of the facts wrong.

What do you think I got wrong? Answer this question FT. Is it worth me suiciding, mod-death right now, if I am town? Is it possible that there are only 3 mafia?
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:15:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 12:09:47 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Yraelz, if you're town you need to stop lying.

Dude, I would have taken bullets for this team everywhere. But you're such an @ss to work with that I wasted most of my time targeting you. I mean, also, I was flavored, but still.
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:17:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 12:11:07 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Yraelz, go read over D1 and D2. You're getting a majority of the facts wrong.

In post #79 of DP2, Bull_Diesel said this,

"I am the cop. And I WIN WITH THE TOWN. My pm doesn't say who my friends are but clearly TUF and LANNAN claimed to be those people.

My concern is why Budda Would Put two cops in the game and have them both function almost exactly the same, the only thing I can possibly imagine is that lannan is a dirty cop or something because his pm post looks a lot like mine. A LOT. and budda mod killed him. A LOT.......

...TA keeps my vote....

...Investigated Zaradi last night, he was innocent."
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:21:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 12:07:33 AM, Yraelz wrote:
At 4/10/2013 11:39:51 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Yraelz, you're a fake. TUF is paranoid. You can die now.

TUF was killed.

Never mind.... TUF wasn't killed. You'll have to decide if TUF or Bull is the bad cop.
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:32:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 12:27:06 AM, Yraelz wrote:
Oooooo, Skeps was murdered!!! I can totally commit suicide and have it benefit you. MWAHAHAHAH!

Cool. Maikuru is innocent. If he had been mafia he wouldn't have kept talking to Skeps after skept was cursed. There, two for sure town. Also, TUF was one of two who told Skept to shut-up after he was cursed. That action was actually in the interest of the mafia. But perhaps unbeknownst. There is a third party. =(
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:45:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yraelz, you should mod-kill yourself. The force of the case against you cannot be denied and at this point the justifications you're providing for the inconsistencies in your positions are clearly being made after-the-fact and don't actually work. You didn't make a single pro-town move in this game other than your defense of Noumena, and honestly, I interpret that as the kind of pro-town thing that comes from scum who already know Noumena is town.

For the record, on D1 I explicitly asked you about the discrepancy between your position on D1-lynches and your justification for the mass claim:

At 4/5/2013 4:02:18 AM, Yraelz wrote:
At 4/5/2013 3:16:03 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I disagree. If you take a look at my recent games, I'd say I have much better success using a combination of different approaches than limiting myself to either character analysis or motivation-seeking.

How do you propose we catch scum through characters if you're unwilling to lynch on D1?

Exactly. We should use a combination of different approaches. I think that I would have "much better success using a combination of different approaches than limiting myself to either character analysis or motivation-seeking." But FourTrouble is currently precluding us from fully analyzing character claims because he doesn't want to claim. Which means FourTrouble is focused on only one approach, and is attempting to hinder the other.

You response completely ignored my question. So I asked you again:

At 4/5/2013 4:40:21 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
You also never answered my question: why out the characters on D1 instead of D2? Why wait until D2 to lynch if you think characters can be used to determine who the scum are?

You never responded. It took you being on the "coppin' block" to finally answer, ironically hypocritical since you were saying I was dodging your questions when in fact I had answered all of your questions and you had been ignoring mine.

So you're saying now you were never against a D1-lynch, and only against D1-lynches that are not informed by a mass claim? What you wrote previously never implied anything even remotely close to that.

When you said you were against D1-lynches back when I asked you about TDK's alignment, you didn't say you were against them unless I claimed, you said straight-up that you didn't give a fvck about TDK's alignment because you were not going to lynch anyone on D1. You didn't say, "I'll take a position regarding TDK's alignment if you claim." You didn't say, "I'm willing to lynch on D1 if we have all the claims out."

You said, straight-up, the "only" reason you'd be willing to lynch someone on D1 is if they literally claimed they were mafia. The keyword here is "only": You literally said this was the "only" reason. You can't take that back. The fact that you didn't answer my questions when I pushed you on this point is the final straw.

So I'm telling you, if you are town, you better not play like that again. You need to be honest. If you changed your mind about something, you admit you changed your mind. Transparency is what you do as town, not justify things after-the-fact and dig yourself into a deeper and deeper whole. You especially don't contrive stories to get people lynched. You don't do those things as town because they are fundamentally anti-town and because town don't know who is mafia. If you get a guilty result and someone else got an innocent result on the same person, that's not a reason to lynch that person.

I hope to dear god you aren't town because if you are, then I hate to lynch you. You are one of the few active players in the game and I hate killing those guys off. But the analysis shows you are by far the best lynch candidate. You can't deny the force of the case against you at this point.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:47:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I would like to hear what every other player has to say about my case on Yraelz. That should happen before Yraelz mod-kills himself.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:53:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 12:45:24 AM, FourTrouble wrote:

It took you being on the "coppin' block"

And the phrase begins to catch fire
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 2:12:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 12:45:24 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Yraelz, you should mod-kill yourself. The force of the case against you cannot be denied and at this point the justifications you're providing for the inconsistencies in your positions are clearly being made after-the-fact and don't actually work. You didn't make a single pro-town move in this game other than your defense of Noumena, and honestly, I interpret that as the kind of pro-town thing that comes from scum who already know Noumena is town.

Actually I don't think that is the only pro town thing I did. I made serious efforts to get you on board throughout the entirety of DP1. But your actions, mainly a lack of cooperation and dodging pointed questions, ended up convincing me that you were mafia. I mean, you literally just hand waved multiple of my posts away with things, "I don't even understand what Yraelz is saying". I mean, I think Noumena is kind of right, your play in this game divided the town much more than it helped to unify it. Maybe you can still win. I also think my action was a defense of TDK, when I stated that I would not lynch anyone in DP1 it was based on your attempts to lynch TDK. If I had been mafia at that point, I would have just been silent. My continued attempts to blame you throughout DP1 and DP2, instead of focusing on TDK and Noumena, either suggest that I'm a terrible mafia myself or legitimately considered you to be mafia. (You'll probably say something like "the mafia have a right to be scared of me", but I haven't read your other games nor even knew of you until now.)

For the record, on D1 I explicitly asked you about the discrepancy between your position on D1-lynches and your justification for the mass claim:

At 4/5/2013 4:02:18 AM, Yraelz wrote:
At 4/5/2013 3:16:03 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I disagree. If you take a look at my recent games, I'd say I have much better success using a combination of different approaches than limiting myself to either character analysis or motivation-seeking.

How do you propose we catch scum through characters if you're unwilling to lynch on D1?

Exactly. We should use a combination of different approaches. I think that I would have "much better success using a combination of different approaches than limiting myself to either character analysis or motivation-seeking." But FourTrouble is currently precluding us from fully analyzing character claims because he doesn't want to claim. Which means FourTrouble is focused on only one approach, and is attempting to hinder the other.

You response completely ignored my question. So I asked you again:

At 4/5/2013 4:40:21 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
You also never answered my question: why out the characters on D1 instead of D2? Why wait until D2 to lynch if you think characters can be used to determine who the scum are?

You never responded. It took you being on the "coppin' block" to finally answer, ironically hypocritical since you were saying I was dodging your questions when in fact I had answered all of your questions and you had been ignoring mine.

So you're saying now you were never against a D1-lynch, and only against D1-lynches that are not informed by a mass claim? What you wrote previously never implied anything even remotely close to that.

When you said you were against D1-lynches back when I asked you about TDK's alignment, you didn't say you were against them unless I claimed, you said straight-up that you didn't give a fvck about TDK's alignment because you were not going to lynch anyone on D1. You didn't say, "I'll take a position regarding TDK's alignment if you claim." You didn't say, "I'm willing to lynch on D1 if we have all the claims out."

I mean look, I probably could have chose my words better. I was against the only DP1 lynch that was going to happen in this game. Also, your argument is unfair. Refer up to my previous analysis (which you cite above). I said that you were attempting to only pursue one of the two approaches. You had the capacity to counter offer me as well. But your approach isn't at all amenable to people making counter offers is it? In fact, if I had recanted my position, realizing my original mistake, then you would have instant lynched me right? Look at TDK. He says we shouldn't extend the DP. You call him on it, he realizes he's wrong. You lynched him. You literally lynched TDK because he poorly thought out the articulation of a single line.

You said, straight-up, the "only" reason you'd be willing to lynch someone on D1 is if they literally claimed they were mafia. The keyword here is "only": You literally said this was the "only" reason. You can't take that back. The fact that you didn't answer my questions when I pushed you on this point is the final straw.

At that point it definitely was. The analysis on TDK was bad. And we were close enough to the end of DP1 that I figured no one else was going to be rapidly focused.

So I'm telling you, if you are town, you better not play like that again. You need to be honest. If you changed your mind about something, you admit you changed your mind.

For real? You killed a guy for doing that.

Transparency is what you do as town, not justify things after-the-fact and dig yourself into a deeper and deeper whole. You especially don't contrive stories to get people lynched. You don't do those things as town because they are fundamentally anti-town and because town don't know who is mafia. If you get a guilty result and someone else got an innocent result on the same person, that's not a reason to lynch that person.

I'll think about this for the next game I play. I understand your point, Budda made a similar remark to me in chat. But I think it's too early for me to comment.

I hope to dear god you aren't town because if you are, then I hate to lynch you. You are one of the few active players in the game and I hate killing those guys off. But the analysis shows you are by far the best lynch candidate. You can't deny the force of the case against you at this point.

I don't think the case is overwhelmingly against me. I think you are overwhelmingly against me. And, unfortunately, you are all it takes, because you are proclaimed innocent right now. The mafia are for sure going to side with you, and even if all the rest of the townspeople don't care, I die to plurality. I'm not going to let that happen, but that's besides the point.
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 2:14:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
For the record, when I kill myself, I claimed to be Rus Thomen in this game. Those letters are my real name scrambled, "Tom Rushen".
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 2:29:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 2:14:42 AM, Yraelz wrote:
For the record, when I kill myself, I claimed to be Rus Thomen in this game. Those letters are my real name scrambled, "Tom Rushen".

You fake-claimed an anagram of your name? Nice.
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 2:44:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 2:29:44 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 4/11/2013 2:14:42 AM, Yraelz wrote:
For the record, when I kill myself, I claimed to be Rus Thomen in this game. Those letters are my real name scrambled, "Tom Rushen".

You fake-claimed an anagram of your name? Nice.

I thought it was a safe bet. Though, I was hoping he'd put more character names in the story line so I could confirm myself if needed. =P
Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 2:44:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 2:30:14 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Who did I kill for changing their mind?

TDK. DP1. "Extending day phase argument".