Jump to topic:

Midnighters Mafia ENDGAME

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 4:39:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
WINNERS: Mafia, and all survivng daylighters.

Budda, chubby, lannan (2), Yraelz, TheVirus, skeps, Ishall.

LOSERS: Midnighters

Bull, Zaradi, One, TA, Lannan (1)

ROLE PMS

Budda/Chubbz: It is time for the Darklings to come out of hiding. Too long have you been subject to the pain and misery of weakness. Where we were once great, fierce, powerful hunters, now we hide in the deep dark cresence of our self created midnight hour. We fear both Technology, and Steel, as well as concepts we don't understand, or haven't seen. Items, untouched by midnight are dangerous. And a new threat, in Jessica Day has arrived. With the ability to wipe out the entire darkling race, she must be stopped, as well as any other midnighter who dares to cross our paths! During the night phase you may choose 2 actions out of the following: roleblock, frame, or role cop. You can forfeit your night kill to allow both of you to appear innocent to cop investigations for that night, as well. You are Darklings, (AKA Slithers) and win when the midnighters are destroyed.

Yraelz: Constanza Greyfoot loves her good looks, her friends, cute boys, and parties! Constanza, you are the popular player, and take an extra vote to lynch. You are a Daylighter, and win by surviving.

TheVirus: What's up Steve? Unfortunately there are no cute girls in Broken Arrow. Luckily for you, you met a few good looking one's from Bixby at a bon fire party. Now's your chance to hit on them! You have an attractive personality, and often manipulate girls to follow you to your car, or other places. Each night phase you may choose a player to re-direct to wherever you choose. If that player is a female, their night action will be redirected, but if they are male, your action will have no effect. You are a Daylighter, and win by surviving.

Skepsikyma: Good morning to you, Mr. Day! Life can be so stressful. You have just moved to a new environment so your wife can attend her new job, and your daughters are always fighting. Beth constantly makes jabs at you being jobless, and Jessica is getting into trouble with the police. You are the Grounder, each night you may choose a player to roleblock, and protect through grounding them for the night. You are a Daylighter, and win by surviving.

Lannan (1): Welcome to Bixby Oklahoma, Jessica Day! You are nervous joining a new enviroment, but find that you are fitting in well here at Bixby High. Bixby Oklahoma seems wierd to you, but you are slowly but surely adapting. Until your first "dream" Occurs. You have slowly started realizing that Bixby Oklahoma is especially wierd during the night time, specifically at midnight. Everynight, for one hour (6 hours for the sake of this game) Time will freeze. During this hour, only midnighters (and Darklings of course) may submit night actions. The common trend with the rest of your fellow midnighters, seems to be that they all have powers. You are not entirely sure what yours is yet. You have the following items: Flashlight, Compass, and a Necklace called "Obstructively". You may use these items during the night on any person you choose, though the effects of the night action will be unknown to you. You are the flamebringer, and win with the midnighters after all darklings have been defeated.

Lannan(2)/ Magic: Someone call the Jerk-O-Caust, because here comes Timmy Hudson! You are a vulgar, rude, douche Jock who likes to pick on the weak, and assert your dominance. During the Daylight, you may steal from a person of your choosing. By doing this you will learn something about that player. You will appear guilty if suspected. You are a Daylighter, and win by surviving.

OneElephant: Rex Greene, well aren't you something special? Always the one to identify a new midnighter, and to read the fabulous lore, when others can't. Some think of you as a bit of a nerd, but there is no doubt that you are an excellent addition to the midnighters team. You often get picked on at school, and thus require one less vote to lynch as the hated townie. However, you are extraordinary in both the day time and during midnight. Once per day, you may choose to use your Focus. Focus will determine whether someone belongs to the midnight hour or not. Regular humans will show up "Blurry", while Midnighters and darklings will show up "Clear". Alternatively, you may forfeit your daytime action by choosing to read the lore at midnight. Choosing to read the lore will tell you a random piece of information about characters, or the game. You are the Seer, and win with the midnighters after all darklings have been defeated.

Bull: Welcome to Bixby Oklahoma Beth! You hate it here, you hate your parents, and you hate your sister Jessica. Everything she does, you feel is somehow out to get you. She has been acting funny lately, causing you to watch her actions a little bit closer. You are the tracker/watcher! Each night you can choose to watch or track someone of your choice. You are a Daylighter, and win by surviving.

TheAntidoter: Hello, Desdemona. Another night in the blue time? Sounds like no problem! Unfortunately, however there is a problem. The new girl at school not only seems to be attracting a lot of boys, but it seems the Slithers have taken a liking to her as well. Well you're not one to shirk away from helping a fellow midnighter are you? Dess, the mighty mathmetician and weapons expert, is on the way! You, with your great amount of skill in anti-darkling craftmanship, may help make weapons for your friends during the blue time. Every midnight, you may make one of two things, to give to anyone of your choosing. A Darkling proof piece of clean steel, or a weapon. You must choose a small steel object, and name it a 13 letter word of your choice before sending it to a fellow midnighter. 13 letter words will remain effective for 1 Night phase only. You are a polymath, and win with the midnighters after all darklings have been defeated.

Ishallannoyyo: Clancy St. Clair and his mighty detective skills! Right, except, in that area, you are lacking. The most you are able to do is pull in a few kids and punish them for breaking the Bixby Curfew. Bixby seems to be a peaceful town, not a lot of crime. The most that happens aorund here is a bunch of kids who tend to loves messing around. Each night you may suspect a player. Your results will be up to your interpretation of whether they are guilty or innocent. You are a Daylighter, and win by surviving.

Zaradi: Poor Melissa, such a harsh life you lead. Not only are you filled with the thoughts of others both in and out of blue time, but you also have to constantly listen to loud blaring music in order to keep sane! You despise daylighters, their petty thoughts and worries, and feel the Blue time is the closest thing to "escape". You are a powerful mind caster, and your power works both in the blue time, and in the daylight. In the day time, you will hear part of the mafia's conversation, though it will be fuzzy, and out of focus. In the blue time you can choose to listen to the conversation a little more clearly. You also have the ability to plant thoughts during the blue time only. If you choose to forfeit this, You can plant fake results, tell someone they are roleblocked, or basically say anything inside of a persons role pm that will look as if it came from the mod. You are a mindcaster, and win with the midnighters after all darklings have been defeated.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 4:42:39 PM
NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1 Actions:

Bull watches lannan13
One Reads the lore
Skeps jails Zaradi
Lannan gives obstructively to Ishall
Ishall investigates Chubby
Zaradi is roleblocked
Magic- N/A
TA- gives Kyoketsu-shoge to budda "Disintegrates"
TheVirus- Puts Ishall on Ishall (inneffective.)
Yraelz- N/A
Budda-Frames Yraelz
Chubby- Roleblocks OneE, Kills zaradi

NP2 Actions

Budda forfeits NK, Frames zaradi
Lannan uses flashlight on OneE
Bull Diesel watches TA
Zaradi listens to darklings conversation
TA sends steel band named blamelessness to TV
Skeps protects/rolebocks buddamoose (doesn't work on darkling)
Ishall investigates zaradi
Thevirus forfeits action.
OneE reads lore
Yraelz N/A
Magic8000 N/A

NP 3 Night actions

Bull tracks magic
Skeps protects self
Ishall investigates lannan
OneE reads lore
Budda Frames lannan, waives NK
TA gives still sword names Assasination to bull Diesel
Lannan uses compass on yraelz
TV uses steel band on self

Night Phase 4:

1. Budda Roleblocks Ishall, kills lannan
2. TA- Waiting
3. Bull diesel- Waiting
4. skepsikyma- protects self
5. lannan13- Tries to use compass on Skeps
6. Ishall- roleblocked
7. Yraelz- N/A
8. The virus- redirects skep to skep, uses steel band on skep
9. Magic8000- N/A
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 4:43:38 PM
O...M...G... did that just happen? I think sooooo
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 4:44:25 PM
So yeah, I just realized that once the darklings realized that most people were survivors, they could have offered a deal with them to help them lynch the Midnighters each day. Thank god that didn't happen, and the game was well played by budda. When I have time later, I will go into depth of some of the knit and grit of this game. Good job budda, and to the rest of the survivors!
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 4:45:28 PM
At 4/16/2013 4:43:38 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
O...M...G... did that just happen? I think sooooo

That game was so intense, because even when alive, chubbz was so inactive that I was pretty much alone the entire game. Just... fvck yeah
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 4:45:41 PM
At 4/16/2013 4:44:27 PM, Yraelz wrote:
Son of a... Damnit Budda, how did you come up with your fake claim?

It was given to them.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 4:46:44 PM

TUF gave the character, Which was actually in retrospect unnecessary because I avoided claiming until DP5, I made up the rest.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 4:47:14 PM
I loved playing as a neutral character in this, as it allowed me to start targeting Midnighters once I had a better chance winning with the mafia. It was very fun to be able to operate under an entirely new set of motives, and I want to thank TUF for a well-made game. I was especially impressed with Budda and Yraelz this game, as Budda was a master manipulator and both had great insights into motivations and game mechanics. All in all, it was a lot of fun.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 4:51:32 PM
At 4/16/2013 4:47:48 PM, Yraelz wrote:
Also, how did you not die when TA gave you distintegrates?

It was a weapon that wasnt darkling proof, and thirteen letter items being passed around werent actually going to kill anyone from what I can surmise. TUF said something along the lines of the sword not even being a 1X vig, so I'm curious as to what it was

Oh btw, actually saying a 13 letter word would've had unknown disastrous consequences, remember when I said "fillibustered"?

Its actually spelled filibustered. Shazam
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 4:51:33 PM
Initially making this game I planned on making every TP. But I figured, according to the book, that wouldn't be very accurate. Zaradi played very well, and so did OneE.

Most of you probably found out that Dess's role wasn't as powerful as it initially looks (because the items expired after a day). And most of the items weren't used lol, or used on a midnighter or a daylighters making them irrelevant. All the items would have done btw if used on a darkling, would impair them from talking about or mentioning the names of the player who used it on them (including voting against).
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 4:54:31 PM
At 4/16/2013 4:47:48 PM, Yraelz wrote:
Also, how did you not die when TA gave you distintegrates?

I had a conflict with that, as it was given to him and not used against him. I figured it would be unfair that early in the game to impair budda when TA's actions weren't malicious. There were definitely some mechanic flaws in this game. If anyone has questions about anything though, feel free to ask. I could have planned the games mechanics out a little better, as I noticed several loopholes throughout the game. Luckily most of them didn't impair the midnighters too much.

It's funny because almost every midnighter had a scum read on Budda. If he would have been lynched, they would have won pretty early on.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 4:59:31 PM
Yraelz, You did awesome, especially as a beginner. Good job mate!

Skeps, you showcased your skills pretty well in this game, and congrats on getting out of the lynch this DP.

Lannan you did alright in this game, and I would definitely say your getting better with every mafia game you play. Keep up the practice brotha.

Zaradi, you kicked @ss, but unfortunately mafia saw you as the threat you were, and led a lynch on you with the frame. If you were alive you probably would have led a lynch on budda, and won the game. Good job anyway!

Budda, it was close, but you manipulated your way out of every tough situation, and won the game basically by yourself. Im so proud of you! Also very lucky on the two frame targets lol.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 5:07:08 PM
At 4/16/2013 4:51:32 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Oh btw, actually saying a 13 letter word would've had unknown disastrous consequences, remember when I said "fillibustered"?

Tuf, what was the disastrous consequence? I realized the midnighters were probably going to lose this game but I just didn't care about winning that much. I was really interested in beating the mafia. Damn.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 5:10:38 PM
At 4/16/2013 4:54:31 PM, TUF wrote:
I had a conflict with that, as it was given to him and not used against him. I figured it would be unfair that early in the game to impair budda when TA's actions weren't malicious. There were definitely some mechanic flaws in this game. If anyone has questions about anything though, feel free to ask. I could have planned the games mechanics out a little better, as I noticed several loopholes throughout the game. Luckily most of them didn't impair the midnighters too much.

I reread a few parts of the book for this game. Most notably when Jessica, basically by accident, hits a darkling with the compass and it explodes like a bomb. I figured, that if Budda could have a 13 letter, alloyed metal sword, then he most definitely wasn't a darkling. Unfortunately, when I reread all the DPs, I basically excluded Budda from my analysis because I knew who TA was, and because of that occurrence. I guess FT has a good point, with his, "don't focus on the storyline too much."
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 5:11:34 PM
At 4/16/2013 4:46:44 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

TUF gave the character, Which was actually in retrospect unnecessary because I avoided claiming until DP5, I made up the rest.

If I hadn't revealed I was a daylighter in DP5, what would have you done in NP5? Did me reveal change your play at all?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 5:13:36 PM
At 4/16/2013 5:11:34 PM, Yraelz wrote:

If I hadn't revealed I was a daylighter in DP5, what would have you done in NP5? Did me reveal change your play at all?

He targetted you for the NK, so the game would still be going right now if you didn't out you were constanza lol
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 5:15:02 PM
At 4/16/2013 5:10:38 PM, Yraelz wrote:
At 4/16/2013 4:54:31 PM, TUF wrote:

I reread a few parts of the book for this game. Most notably when Jessica, basically by accident, hits a darkling with the compass and it explodes like a bomb. I figured, that if Budda could have a 13 letter, alloyed metal sword, then he most definitely wasn't a darkling. Unfortunately, when I reread all the DPs, I basically excluded Budda from my analysis because I knew who TA was, and because of that occurrence. I guess FT has a good point, with his, "don't focus on the storyline too much."

The title of this game was the secret hour, and I believe I did mention in the sign up threads that this game would be based around book one only lol. Suffice to say, I still loved seeing all the analysis regaurding books two and three. Especially the parts where others were talking about darkling conversions reffering to rex greene.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 5:15:47 PM
At 4/16/2013 5:07:08 PM, Yraelz wrote:
At 4/16/2013 4:51:32 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Tuf, what was the disastrous consequence? I realized the midnighters were probably going to lose this game but I just didn't care about winning that much. I was really interested in beating the mafia. Damn.

Consequence would be losing their night actions for the following night.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 5:25:01 PM
At 4/16/2013 5:13:36 PM, TUF wrote:

He targetted you for the NK, so the game would still be going right now if you didn't out you were constanza lol

Nuuuuuuu!!! Haha, that's too funny. Tuf, I think an OP would be useful, at least detailing how people died in the previous NP/DP.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 5:31:47 PM
At 4/16/2013 5:25:01 PM, Yraelz wrote:

Nuuuuuuu!!! Haha, that's too funny. Tuf, I think an OP would be useful, at least detailing how people died in the previous NP/DP.

I was so worried that trying to get you to out your claim would've been seem as super scummy and backfire on me, but I managed to find a way to make it look like you not claiming was scummy. Took me a bit to twist it, but twist it I did
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 5:43:43 PM
At 4/16/2013 5:31:47 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

I was so worried that trying to get you to out your claim would've been seem as super scummy and backfire on me, but I managed to find a way to make it look like you not claiming was scummy. Took me a bit to twist it, but twist it I did

Yeah, that slip was my worst move in this game. I shouldn't have mentioned it like that.
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 5:54:08 PM
CORRECTION: Steve 11
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 6:04:45 PM

I used to do that, but after modding several games where players felt OP's were too confirming, I felt it was a little unfair to make OP's. Plus it's rare when people read those anymore. I feel like there is a lot more plot that can take effect in a game, a lot more lying and manipulation when the Mafia doesn't have to worry about lying around an OP, as well as the town. I would do OP's if the town was really having a hard time, but that didn't really apply to this game.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 8:08:41 PM
This was a really fun game for me! Thanks tuf.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 8:19:38 PM
Was I the only person to suspect budda?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 8:22:36 PM
WHAT?

I HAD A VIG SHOT AND STILL GOT ENDGAMED?

What?
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 8:39:45 PM
At 4/16/2013 8:22:36 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
WHAT?

I HAD A VIG SHOT AND STILL GOT ENDGAMED?

What?

Wasn't a vig shot. Read above.