Jump to topic:

Help BigSky!

BigSky
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 9:18:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
For my AP laguage class, we have been assigned to write a paper full of rhetorical fallacies. The subject is: Should students be given a trophies in sports, even if they lose. It is also a contest, so it would help if it was funny. Suggestions?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 9:24:49 PM
At 4/23/2013 9:18:18 PM, BigSky wrote:
For my AP laguage class, we have been assigned to write a paper full of rhetorical fallacies. The subject is: Should students be given a trophies in sports, even if they lose. It is also a contest, so it would help if it was funny. Suggestions?

Yes: Do your own homework and don't spam the forums.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 9:37:53 PM
You want a fallacious argument for losing teams receiving trophies?
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 9:46:03 PM
At 4/23/2013 9:27:47 PM, BigSky wrote:
Lol, I was just asking for suggestions, not for you to write the paper.

Writing the paper is the easy part. Coming up with the ideas and solution to the problem is the hard part. Case in point: you spamming forums to get other people to do your homework.

So you have your suggestions, go.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 10:18:51 PM
Haha.
I thought this forum was referring to http://www.bigskydebate.com... which happens to be a savor to some friends of mine and me when researching.

But other than that, post this in the right forum.

And I don't see any reason to diminish the meaning of actually winning. Trophies for everyone can kill competition.
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 12:30:39 PM
At 4/23/2013 9:18:18 PM, BigSky wrote:

They should get the worst players of the game award. What it looks like: a baseball player sitting on a stool with a broken baseball bat and a dunce cap
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men