Jump to topic:

The United States of DDO - Contested Laws

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2013 5:42:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This thread is for contesting a law, passed either federally or by state, to be brought before and ruled upon by the Supreme Court of The United States of DDO.

Here is the only case that has occurred so far:
http://www.debate.org...

I'll post all other cases here in the future.

----------------

Some already contested and not yet ruled on:

Wright and the State of Sports and Technology vs. The State of News

Backstory: Ernest Wright is a resident of the State of Sports and Technology. He came to the State of News as a tourist. However, on the final day of his vacationing, he stole a watch worth $1899. He also had a concealed weapons permit from the State of Sports and Technology, and Wright had a gun with him. The State of News prosecuted him on charges of Armed Robbery. The State of Sports and Technology requested that Wright's trial be held in a court in the State of Sports and Technology, and to execute the punishment based on their state law, but the State of News refused to extradite Wright to his home state. The State of News successfully convicted Wright of armed robbery, and, as State of News law states, amputated his hand. Now, Wright was dropped by his insurance before he was able to get a prosthetic hand, unable to get one as he couldn't afford it. He was also dropped from his job as a construction worker. Wright is now filing a lawsuit against the State of News for prosecuting him with cruel and unusual punishment, seeking insurance for life for the State of News, seeking financial compensation for a prosthetic hand, and $42,000 a year for life from the State of News, as that was how much Wright's job payed him a year. The State of Sports and Technology is also joining in this lawsuit, not seeking monetary compensation, but for the right to prosecute its own citizens.

Main Arguments

Prosecution: The acts of the State of News are against Clause 5 of the USDDO Bill of Rights, as Wright was not prosecuted by his peers, which would be fellow citizens of the State of Sports and Technology, and that the punishment given is cruel and unusual.

Defense: Lannan or his legal representative can post these.

FREEDO vs. The State of News

Backstory:
The State of News passed a law legalizing the death penalty.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2013 6:25:47 PM
At 4/29/2013 5:54:38 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
The State of Society petitions to file a brief in the first case.

What does that mean?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 7:49:57 AM
Hey, wait a minute! This isn't how things went down daytona. I agreed that this case would be about the hand and the rest we didn't agree on!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 11:26:21 AM
At 4/29/2013 6:25:47 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 4/29/2013 5:54:38 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
The State of Society petitions to file a brief in the first case.

What does that mean?

It means we want to assist in challenging the law.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 4:21:26 PM
At 4/30/2013 7:49:57 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Hey, wait a minute! This isn't how things went down daytona. I agreed that this case would be about the hand and the rest we didn't agree on!

I put that entire thing in that PM we had. That was the exact text. Yu agreed on it. I made sure I cleared it all through you.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 4:23:20 PM
At 4/30/2013 4:21:26 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

I put that entire thing in that PM we had. That was the exact text. Yu agreed on it. I made sure I cleared it all through you.

I just thought you were suin' on the part of that his hand got cut off.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 4:25:48 PM
At 4/30/2013 4:23:20 PM, lannan13 wrote:

You agreed to what I put down in the PM, which is what I put down as the official case. Too late now. It's going to trial.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 4:40:29 PM
At 4/30/2013 4:25:48 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 4/30/2013 4:23:20 PM, lannan13 wrote:

You agreed to what I put down in the PM, which is what I put down as the official case. Too late now. It's going to trial.

k...................................................................................................