Jump to topic:

Kleptin's Riddle

Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 5:54:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I came up with a riddle. I'm fairly certain that there are at least a few people here who will get it. It's actually pretty straightforward in the right context.

In what situation can a hashtag prevent you from moving forward?
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:48:57 PM
When it's an anti-tank barrier.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
FrackJack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 11:45:09 PM
When you're in a water curret and a hashtag-shaped 'gate' prevents large objects including you from going forward. Next.
: At 8/8/2013 6:15:09 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
: The idiots are rebelling.

http://i.imgur.com...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 12:21:14 AM
At 5/11/2013 11:45:09 PM, FrackJack wrote:
When you're in a water curret and a hashtag-shaped 'gate' prevents large objects including you from going forward. Next.

Makes sense in that context. Although it wouldn't have to be in water necessarily. You could just be walking forward and a hash-tag shaped gate stands in front of you, preventing you from moving forward unless you feel like busting your knees up a lot.

Interesting.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 12:25:55 AM
At 5/13/2013 12:21:14 AM, Zaradi wrote:

Makes sense in that context. Although it wouldn't have to be in water necessarily. You could just be walking forward and a hash-tag shaped gate stands in front of you, preventing you from moving forward unless you feel like busting your knees up a lot.

Interesting.

Wouldn't a hash-tag shaped gate be ideal for climbing?
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 12:35:33 AM
At 5/13/2013 12:25:55 AM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 5/13/2013 12:21:14 AM, Zaradi wrote:

Interesting.

Wouldn't a hash-tag shaped gate be ideal for climbing?

Technically yes but I feel like that's an assumption that we can't (or at least shouldn't) make in terms of this riddle. Much like we could theoretically climb over it, we could swim over the previous example (or around or under, pick your preference). So I operate under the assumption that we're just moving straight forward without going in a direction on a different axis of movement.

Of course the initial answer I based mine off of could always be wrong, in which case my answer is wrong as well.

Now that I think about this, this reply seems waaaaaaay too long. Why am I so tired?
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...