Total Posts:55|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginner Mafia 14.1 DP6

Yraelz
Posts: 4,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 12:57:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Charles Best was not to be deterred. Of course the mafia would be out gunning someone down, but he was smarter, quicker, and more handsome by far. No mere mortal could stop Charles Best from saving someone this night.

Lucky watched from the shadows as the self absorbed doctor strode around the corner of cottage #9... Strapped to his side, his favorite fifteen pound tommy gun, was no mere mortal.


Dead in the Night
Lucky_Luciano you are Charles Best. And you are the best, you have helped discover insulin and thereby expedited medical research worldwide. At night you may venture out and choose to check on one person (potentially saving them from death). You are the doctor, and you win with the town.

Active Players:
1. Khaos
2. Lannan
3. Smithereens
4. Pennington
5. Rocket
6. Gondun
7. Budda

With 7 alive, it takes four to lynch.
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 1:00:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 12:57:06 PM, Yraelz wrote:

Dead in the Night
Lucky_Luciano you are Charles Best. And you are the best, you have helped discover insulin and thereby expedited medical research worldwide. At night you may venture out and choose to check on one person (potentially saving them from death). You are the doctor, and you win with the town.

NOOOOOOO! Well there goes the doctor. Wait a minute didn't Smithy tell him to protect himself tonight last day phase? I would like to know how he knew it was coming.

VTL Smithereens
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 1:04:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 1:01:22 PM, Pennington wrote:
Unvote Rocket

VTL Smithereens for Hammer last round


You mean two rounds ago, secondly you don't have to unvote since the round begun a new. Where have you been?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 1:06:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 1:04:12 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/7/2013 1:01:22 PM, Pennington wrote:
Unvote Rocket

VTL Smithereens for Hammer last round


You mean two rounds ago, secondly you don't have to unvote since the round begun a new. Where have you been?

I have been working and had 5 debates due. I caught up.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 1:23:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 1:00:52 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/7/2013 12:57:06 PM, Yraelz wrote:

Dead in the Night
Lucky_Luciano you are Charles Best. And you are the best, you have helped discover insulin and thereby expedited medical research worldwide. At night you may venture out and choose to check on one person (potentially saving them from death). You are the doctor, and you win with the town.

NOOOOOOO! Well there goes the doctor. Wait a minute didn't Smithy tell him to protect himself tonight last day phase? I would like to know how he knew it was coming.

VTL Smithereens

What an odd statement.
You are aware that Lucky only protected himself one night, and that, if he wanted to confirm people (as he seemed to imply he would), that means he would not be protecting himself, thus, open for attack.

VTL lannan
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 1:26:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 1:01:22 PM, Pennington wrote:
Unvote Rocket

VTL Smithereens for Hammer last round


Why was his hammer suspicious?
He said he went off my chart, which was incomplete.

Why do you not believe him?
My work here is, finally, done.
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 2:31:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 1:26:39 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/7/2013 1:01:22 PM, Pennington wrote:
Unvote Rocket

VTL Smithereens for Hammer last round


Why was his hammer suspicious?
He said he went off my chart, which was incomplete.

Why do you not believe him?

Smithereens: "aww shoot, too many votes D: Now I appear total scum..."

This is the only suspicion I have.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 2:40:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 2:31:46 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 5/7/2013 1:26:39 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/7/2013 1:01:22 PM, Pennington wrote:
Unvote Rocket

VTL Smithereens for Hammer last round


Why was his hammer suspicious?
He said he went off my chart, which was incomplete.

Why do you not believe him?

Smithereens: "aww shoot, too many votes D: Now I appear total scum..."

This is the only suspicion I have.

And you saying you were mafia in DP1 is not suspicious?
What is the difference?
My work here is, finally, done.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 2:59:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
VTL Gondun

We still have two mislynches, my biggest FoS's right now are:

1) Gondun
2) Smithereens
3) Rocket

In that order, this is of course subject to change depending on Gonduns flip, but Gondun is certainly the optimal luck for today given previously supplied reasons.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
RocketEngineer
Posts: 553
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:20:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 2:59:13 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
VTL Gondun

We still have two mislynches, my biggest FoS's right now are:

1) Gondun
2) Smithereens
3) Rocket

In that order, this is of course subject to change depending on Gonduns flip, but Gondun is certainly the optimal luck for today given previously supplied reasons.

Are you no longer suspicious of lannan?
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:21:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 3:19:40 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:
Continuing my FOS from last day phase. VTL Lannan.

Budda, how in the world do you even think I am scum?

Why are you still supisious of me?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
RocketEngineer
Posts: 553
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:22:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
By the way, not to rub in the fact that I was right or anything, but what did the no lynch last day phase give us? A dead doctor. That's what it gave us.
RocketEngineer
Posts: 553
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:24:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 3:21:48 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/7/2013 3:19:40 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:
Continuing my FOS from last day phase. VTL Lannan.

Budda, how in the world do you even think I am scum?

Why are you still supisious of me?

Many of the reasons budda mentioned last day phase about your behavior were some of the suspicions I noticed on you as well. Your flip flop in behavior, voting patterns, known defense of mafia players turned to FOS as soon as you had an excuse to lynch them.
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:25:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 3:22:01 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:
By the way, not to rub in the fact that I was right or anything, but what did the no lynch last day phase give us? A dead doctor. That's what it gave us.

Actually if we still have +2 mafia, or however many is left, or if we mlynched it really wouldn't have prevented anything. Just sayin'.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:25:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I want to lynch Pennington just because I'm fairly certain he is not this stupid based off his debating skills, but for all I know he really could be in terms of mafia

I want to lynch Smithers because of the hammer, but townies have done that so often its almost pointless to policy lynch people for it.

But here is some basic flow-charting for y'all when I likely die tonight, hopefully i dont but I dot see why I won't be killed...

Was Gondun mafia?

Yes: Lynch Lannan

No: Lynch Rocket

Was Lannan mafia?(refer to Gondun was mafia)

Yes: GG

No: Lynch Pennington

Was Rocket Mafia?(refer to Was Gondun Mafia)

Yes: Lynch Khaos

No: GG

Was Pennington Mafia?(refer to was Lannan mafia)

Yes: GG

No: Lynch Smithereens

Was Khaos mafia?(refer to was Rocket mafia)

Yes: GG

No: Lynch Pennington
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:27:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 3:22:01 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:
By the way, not to rub in the fact that I was right or anything, but what did the no lynch last day phase give us? A dead doctor. That's what it gave us.

It was Lucky's gambit, IMO, to try to confirm another player, perhaps Pennington or Gondun. Mafia was unlikely to kill us four, and we knew Lucky was town, and we assume Budda was confirmed. I do wish Lucky would have saved himself, since he was going to give us some insight today.

Those two are the hardest to read, since they are the least active, so their deaths would not be too detrimental to town.
My work here is, finally, done.
RocketEngineer
Posts: 553
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:27:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 3:25:06 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/7/2013 3:22:01 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:
By the way, not to rub in the fact that I was right or anything, but what did the no lynch last day phase give us? A dead doctor. That's what it gave us.

Actually if we still have +2 mafia, or however many is left, or if we mlynched it really wouldn't have prevented anything. Just sayin'.

If we had lynched between you, Gondun, smithereens or Kaos then I am sure we would have been fine. I think the last 2 mafia are somewhere within those people.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:27:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 3:19:40 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:
Continuing my FOS from last day phase. VTL Lannan.

Budda, how in the world do you even think I am scum?

Lucky's point of TA voting in near unison with RUF along with other interactions between players from yourself and TA.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:28:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 1:23:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/7/2013 1:00:52 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/7/2013 12:57:06 PM, Yraelz wrote:

Dead in the Night
Lucky_Luciano you are Charles Best. And you are the best, you have helped discover insulin and thereby expedited medical research worldwide. At night you may venture out and choose to check on one person (potentially saving them from death). You are the doctor, and you win with the town.

NOOOOOOO! Well there goes the doctor. Wait a minute didn't Smithy tell him to protect himself tonight last day phase? I would like to know how he knew it was coming.

VTL Smithereens

What an odd statement.
You are aware that Lucky only protected himself one night, and that, if he wanted to confirm people (as he seemed to imply he would), that means he would not be protecting himself, thus, open for attack.

VTL lannan

He still could protect himself whenever he wanted, as he stated day phase 1, so he still could have protected himself last night, but instead he probably protected budda again thinking the mafia would try that again. But it was probably a bad idea for him to say that he had protected budda and would keep doing so.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
RocketEngineer
Posts: 553
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:31:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 3:27:10 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/7/2013 3:22:01 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:
By the way, not to rub in the fact that I was right or anything, but what did the no lynch last day phase give us? A dead doctor. That's what it gave us.

It was Lucky's gambit, IMO, to try to confirm another player, perhaps Pennington or Gondun. Mafia was unlikely to kill us four, and we knew Lucky was town, and we assume Budda was confirmed. I do wish Lucky would have saved himself, since he was going to give us some insight today.

Those two are the hardest to read, since they are the least active, so their deaths would not be too detrimental to town.

Unvote.

Kaos, why did you flip flop so much yesterday on the no lynch situation? First you were advocating it, then your mind and tried fighting it really hard. Then you ended up voting to no lynch again at the end of the phase.
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:32:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I was killed by Lucky_Luciano. Oh the irony.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:33:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
If Budda wants to go after Pennington, I am for that.
I find his behavior odd, he doesn't post much, and I think his character is out of place.

Furthermore, I think Lannan's character is out of place, too. Joe Dimajjio was married to Marilyn Monroe, who was suspected of dealing with the mob, so was JFK.

I am not opposed to lynch either of these two, but I know Lucky wanted Lannan gone, and so do I.
My work here is, finally, done.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:33:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 3:32:11 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
I was killed by Lucky_Luciano. Oh the irony.

XD
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:33:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
You know I believe that budda brings up a good point. Except I want to see Gondun's reads and see who he think is scum. So right now I'm going to FOS Gondun. The reason I'm not voting now is that I still want to hear why/how smithy knew that Lucky would be lynched. I have to say I have a great suspision of him since he has been very inactive and he is yet to be replaced.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
RocketEngineer
Posts: 553
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:34:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 3:27:47 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/7/2013 3:19:40 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:
Continuing my FOS from last day phase. VTL Lannan.

Budda, how in the world do you even think I am scum?

Lucky's point of TA voting in near unison with RUF along with other interactions between players from yourself and TA.

That doesn't make any sense to me.
RocketEngineer
Posts: 553
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:36:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
VTL gondun. I am still suspicious of lannan, but Gondun has been inactive, yet still hasn't been replaced yet. He is probably standing by idly watching the game, so he can get by without being lynched.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:39:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 3:31:04 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:
At 5/7/2013 3:27:10 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/7/2013 3:22:01 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:
By the way, not to rub in the fact that I was right or anything, but what did the no lynch last day phase give us? A dead doctor. That's what it gave us.

It was Lucky's gambit, IMO, to try to confirm another player, perhaps Pennington or Gondun. Mafia was unlikely to kill us four, and we knew Lucky was town, and we assume Budda was confirmed. I do wish Lucky would have saved himself, since he was going to give us some insight today.

Those two are the hardest to read, since they are the least active, so their deaths would not be too detrimental to town.

Unvote.

Kaos, why did you flip flop so much yesterday on the no lynch situation? First you were advocating it, then your mind and tried fighting it really hard. Then you ended up voting to no lynch again at the end of the phase.

I think it is important to note that I never voted for a no lynch when I first presented the idea. I was just asking, because the math gave us an extra day phase.

I changed my mind the first time because I decided mafia would kill one of two people, which wouldn't give us much to go off of. Apparently, I was wrong in both my assumptin of who was to be targeted, and that their deaths wouldn't be helpful via intel. It wouldn't help me if either Pennington or Gondun were night killed, so I opted for a lynch of one of us four.

I changed my mind again, becuase we needed five for a vote, there was 4 for no lynch. So, unless I changed someone's mind, a no lynch was going to occur when time expired anyway. I opted for the no lynch to get things moving along, as it is boring to wait 24 hours for a no lynch to occur anyway.
My work here is, finally, done.
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:39:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
@budda- Why if Gondun is mafia make me mafia?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~