Jump to topic:

The Castle in the Sky DP 3

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 2:35:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Warning: Long OP! Goes into the second post. So... the living players list first.

Living Players

1. Buddamoose
2. Flippantbuoyancy
3. TUF (replaces TV)
4. Sisyphean_practicality
5. yin.yang
6. Lucky_Luciano
7. Drafterman (replaces Ishall)
8. Bull_Diesel
9. OneElephant
10. Bossyburrito

With 10 players it take 6 to lynch.

It was a cold night. The chill of the air pierced the many layers of clothing that even the most stylish gentleman wore. It was a night as horrid as death. Finally, the gentleman got inside his house, and huddled near his hearth, by the fire. What a relief! Now, all there was to do was curl up with a book by his side...

Prophecy"s Incorruptible walked across the rolling hills, his mind abuzz with thoughts. What he was to do... some would call it unspeakable. But first came death. Drawing upon his vast reserves, Prophecy"s Incorruptible let loose a titanic blast at the heavens themselves. They responded with an ominous silence, though the sizzle of the blast reverberated through the air eerily.

The Reader clutched his chest and collapsed to the floor, his book falling away to his side. The Reader turned his head to the ceiling, watching as the sounds faded from the world. A heart attack so young? So much left undone, and time"s chariot had run it"s race before he"d even begun...

Prophecy"s Incorruptible fell to one knee, his task half done. The life began to drain out of him. Painfully, he began to bridge a connection between the realms of the dead and living. With a great cry, he touched the falling magician before him. As the magician rose, Prophecy"s Incorruptible put his hands to the ground, and rest on both knees; his life ebbed away at a frightening rate now. There was nought to be done but look on his life, lament on his failings and hope that he had lived a life that was not follow. With a great effort, he rested his gaze upon the resurrected, smiling at his final accomplishment. The man turned to face him.

"What have you done?" he cried aghast. Kierhein strained to hold his head to face the man.
"I have brought you back to life," Kierhein stated plainly.
"How could you?" he said to the Incorruptible, his words filled with contempt. "It is not the way of the light!" he shouted, his temper flaring up. With a supreme effort, he regathered his control. "I should not be here."
"Please Gared, stay awhile. The world needs good men." Gared considered the man"s words, and the realisation came upon him, a violent jolt to his consciousness.
"I shall stay, if only in recognition of your sacrifice."
"I do what any man of good conscience would. The Gods shall judge me," Gared looked hard upon Kierhein, the truth clawing at his battered, revived body.
"No, you shall be punished for eternity."
"What?" cried Kierhein feebly.
"The Light does not harbour necromancy. You shall die a thousand deaths before peace comes upon you, if it ever should. Eternal torment awaits those who defy the Gods. No, you are a great man, yet you are condemned till the end of time." Kierhein looked at the shadowed face of Gared, and nodded.
"So it shall be then," he stoically replied. Have I done enough for the world? Then, he collapsed, dead.
The Incorruptible Man spoken of with awe in the Prophecy has fallen, but it has been for nought.

Sui_Genesis - The reader - The works of great men deserve to be read, but there is never enough time to read all the great works that exist. A shame really, although there are other pleasures aside from words. You may imagine paradise to be an endless library, but the pull of reality is strong.

Once in the game you may examine a person from The Castle in the Sky. You will learn their true name, and their full back-story. You win with the town.

Drafterman - Kierhein - The Long War, the Tourney at Lake Meiron, the false paradise... you have been through much. Always, you have struck out for justice. The Long War was caused by a neglect of the commons and absolute tyranny. So what happens at the "healing" of Lake Meiron? The King bleeds the world dry of mages, demands unswerving obedience and flees into the sky. You refused to swear obedience when offered the position of high mage.

You tried to build a better world on the ground, but you were only one man, and the King's oppression grew as the Portal became a blight on the sky. In the OP you managed to damage the links to the portal, yet resistance was far greater and swifter than you could have imagined. You fled from your brother, Fahren High Mage, barely escaping. Unfortunately, you managed to do little damage to the connection in your brief assault. The blight reappears and the world hurtles to the prophecy. As is said "the shadow, long thought vanquished, reappeared and arose, winning the day..."

You have a 1 shot revive + murder suicide power. Ie. You revive a deceased person, and kill another person while dying yourself. You must use ALL powers at once. You win with the town.

-------------

(Forgive me if I indulge in a lengthy duel, but this is a fun little scene, even if I wrote poorly)

Alone he stood atop the sharp ridge. Below him was another ridge, and then a sharp drop to a lakefront in the thick forest. Below him stood a great valley. Behind him stood the mountain which he had risen, perpendicular to the bridge to the Castle in the Sky. One might say that he was all alone in the centre of the world. And for that moment, he was. Probing magical threads, hunting down the location of his quarry, testing the realm for evil. And when he found his quarry, he would find the answers which he sought.

Suddenly, one of his wards flickered. High Mage Fahren swivelled around...

... only to meet a blast of light, smashing him off the ridge. The attacker followed, assailing Fahren all the way down. They crossed magic as they fell. With a final flurry, the attacker sent forth a fireball to burn Fahren alive. Lithely, Fahren dodged and rolled onto the lower ridge. Stumbling, he rushed to gain his footing, but the attacker was on him, and slammed into him, wards surrounding him. The duo fell again, but this time they held together. The attacker pressing down on Fahren as he tried to drive him to the ground below. With gravity"s pull they spiralled downwards, clashing into swaying branches, ripping twigs asunder with their wards.

Fahren"s legs crashed against the ground, jarring painfully. He dug his heels into the ground and they began to buckle. With a cry, he threw off his attacker, giving himself a short reprieve. The attacker smirked.

"Is that the best you can do?" he said, grinning maliciously. With a snarl Fahren forged twin blades attached to his arm; a veritable extension of his arm. Then, he began to rotate wildly. He spun like a whirlwind towards his attacker. The attacker smirked again, and let loose twin jets of fire at the whirling light. The whirlwind slowed, yet kept coming, oblivious to the fiery onslaught. Suddenly, the whirlwind struck the attack in the face, striking a cut, and the attacker flung himself aside. With a furious shout he conjured a ball of fire - titantic in size - and fired it at the whirlwind.

The whirlwind subsided.

Continued...
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 2:39:31 AM
"That better?" mocked Fahren, as he breathed in deep breaths. His extensions of light still linked to his arm.
"Perhaps," smiled the attacker, creating his own sword like extensions of light. "Come, let us fight this out."

The pair leapt at each other, a blur of light in the night. Their attacks blindingly quick, a trail of light left in their wake. At a feverish speed they fought, clashing swords of light on the ground, in the air and underwater in the lake; they moved nearly so fast as thought. And all the while they brought forth phantoms, illusions, fire and lightning, along with their swords of light. It was a battle for the ages, a duel to be spoken of in the tales of the future.

Yet the duel had to end. As High Mage Fahren wearily gasped for breath swaying on his feet, his attacker renewed his wards. The High Mage looked on in disbelief.
"Your energy stores..."
"... are beyond your comprehension, High Mage. You can match me blow for blow for awhile. Your time is nigh."

The attacker leapt into a ferocious assault, blitzing forwards with fire and light, fast as he could. Fahren wearily raised his hand, but the attacker charged through it like a bull. Suddenly, the duo were again at it with their swords, seemingly a match. Then, Fahren stepped back, and another step back, and another. Finally, the attacker sent Fahren flying into a tree trunk, electricity coursing through Fahren as he flew. Fahren hit the tree with a terrible crunch, dispelling the electricity as he went. Valiantly, he rose to his feet, blood gushing from multiple wounds.

"And now the coup de grace High Mage " my storm!" Suddenly, a furious dome of light began to engulf Fahren from a dozen sides. Feebly, the High Mage tried to raise a ward, but it was insignificant against the storm of light.

The High Mage collapsed dead.

TUF - Fahren - [Tourney at Lake Meiron background below] The justice of your cause is absolute. The King has brought together an alliance of magicians, creating a force for peace unparalleled in history. As the High Mage of King Maegor, you hunt down the villains plaguing the kingdom... those who refuse the King's laws - like the Masked Mage. In recent years Magus has plagued the King greatly, yet his recent death was a great relief. Yet in his fall the attacker on the portal rose. It appears the world is not completely at peace.

Strident and confident, you act alone in your pursuit of justice - you are the cop / reflexive roleblocker. You win with the town.

Note: Reflexive roleblocker does not stop kills.

I'm only releasing Fahren's story background upon request. Suffice to say, it's long. I'm talking 8000 characters or so. Don't want to irritate people needlessly.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 4:39:44 AM
I've replaced TV. last night I tried copping lucky but was killed.. the fact that I am a confirmed body guard would normally.make me suspicious of ying yang, but there are multiple of other roles I guess. Flippant, who did you redirect?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 4:45:45 AM
I think there are 1 or two mafia among Bull oneE and bossy. Still not sure what to make of ishall. I am also null on lucky. I think lucky is clear though because unless we have a very small mafia, a negative affiliated recruiting power would be over powered.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 4:55:51 AM
@TUF, Drafter killed Sui, obviously. The OP confirms it.

Also, Sui being town confirms Bull, because Sui rolecopped Bull.

We have 10 players left. FB is confirmed by killing Skep. You are confirmed via revive. F-16 is confirmed from recruit. Bull is confirmed from Sui. That leaves these players as possible mafia (I'm taking myself off the list because I know I am town):

1. Buddamoose
2. yin.yang
3. Drafterman (replaces Ishall)
4. OneElephant
5. Bossyburrito

I don't think that Drafter's character makes sense as mafia, and we know he cannot be third party. We had a townie that specifically wanted to kill the King, and I need to kill the King to rid myself of negative utility. Why would two townies have to specifically kill a certain mafioso? Every townie has to do that. That leaves us with:

1. Buddamoose
2. yin.yang
3. OneElephant
4. Bossyburrito

There are 2-3 mafia in this group, and every mafia is in this group. This should be an easy win.

I doubt Budda's affiliation because we know that Bull is town. Although duplicate roles are possible, TUF and Budda's characters both quell rebellions on the ground. Why have they never heard of each other? Other players got specific character references in their role pm. It doesn't make sense to me that two characters do essentially the same thing for the same person in the same area yet they don't know each other.

Bossy is my other major suspect. Bossy claims that he can learn both the affiliation cop and the role cop in 2 nights because the role cop does not reveal affiliation. We know that Sui is town though and Sui, a role cop, received Bull's affiliation upon investigation. This indicates to me that Bossy is lying. VTL Bossy.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 6:30:25 AM
Vtl bossy. Also a lynch between the remaining unconfirmed players has over 75% chance of hitting scun.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 7:09:24 AM
At 5/9/2013 4:40:23 AM, TUF wrote:
Serial killer or vig kill sui?

I killed Sui. As we talked about last phase. Which you weren't paying attention to because I was GUILTY!!!!!
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 7:14:23 AM
About to Get Mugged by a Mob of Mages (And Infidels)

Bossy - 3/6 - Lucky, TUF, Drafter
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 9:09:10 AM
Bossy is my other major suspect. Bossy claims that he can learn both the affiliation cop and the role cop in 2 nights because the role cop does not reveal affiliation. We know that Sui is town though and Sui, a role cop, received Bull's affiliation upon investigation. This indicates to me that Bossy is lying. VTL Bossy.

Where in Sui's role PM does it say that he's a role cop?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
yin.yang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 10:27:57 AM
We targeted flip last night. We're in a PM with him now. The flavor text of the PM confirms his character and should be enough to confirm us to him.

We'd like to hear who bull and budda targeted last night. I'd also like to hear from 1E; his role PM was vague (something about receiving information) and he's approaching replacement inactivity levels.

- m
Maikuru and tulle.
yin.yang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 10:28:36 AM
Logic, will you post TV's PM? He was revived but he still died.

- m
Maikuru and tulle.
yin.yang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 10:44:57 AM
DEAD
TheAntidoter - A Psychic - Learn information NP2/NP4 (Oracle)
Skepsikyma - The Editor - Knows roles written by the Author. Receives actions by all characters.
drafterman - Kierhein - 1x Revive/Vig/Suicide
TUF - Fahren - Cop + Reflexive Roleblocker (NP1: drafter - guilty)
Sui_Generis - The Reader - 1X Role Cop (NP1: Bull - JK - Town)

FULL CLAIM
Ishall - King Maegor - Can overturn lynches (Governor)
Bull_Diesel - Steven Rogers - Protect and Roleblock (Jailkeeper)
Buddamoose - Guardsman Yerlein - Jailkeeper (NP1: IShall)
Flippantbuoyancy - Paladin Taryschenn - Redirector (NP1: Skep and self)
Lucky_Luciano - The Prophet - Mason
OneElephant - Brian Newman - Will get info about an event
Sisyphean - Desottle - Stops players from commiting violent acts (Mason recruited)
yin.yang - Sworn Sword Lionel - PM with another player; Bodyguards and gives vote to that player (NP2 - Targeted Flip)
Bossyburrito - The Apprentice - Learns role (Role Cop) over time, voteless while learning
TUF (formerly TV) - Gared - Vanilla till DP3, then Bodyguard. Needs portal
Maikuru and tulle.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 3:30:59 PM
" It doesn't make sense to me that two characters do essentially the same thing for the same person in the same area yet they don't know each other."

I'm just going to point out that your interpretation of the characters purpose and function within this fictional society is flat out wrong.

1) TUF's character is from what I can tell a loner type who hunts down the head honchos, essentially like the most wanted.

My dude is more of the, have a group of dudes under my command and takes the large crowd control aspect.

2) Warden of the Ground entails also a protection of the Castle. So my dude is like a riot control, TUF's guy is like a Splinter Cell type deal, saavy?

There is a slight similarity in that we both are under employ of the King, but the tasks to which we are given, are different. My purpose is protection and control(jail + roleblock, get it now?"

TUF's is to hunt down the major baddies, whilst also being a badarse himself(cop+ reflexive roleblocker, get the connection yet?)
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 3:33:04 PM
On another note I targeted Lucky last night
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 3:34:41 PM
VTL Bossy
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 4:21:52 PM
So let me get this straight: Town has someone CCing a CONFIRMED ROLE and I'm the best lynch for today? Seriously?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
yin.yang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 4:50:56 PM
At 5/9/2013 3:18:15 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
@Yin.Yang, what is your read on bossy?

tulle thinks he's scummy but is concerned that the DP is going so quickly and he's gotten so many votes so quickly. The last two DP's, town couldn't agree on sh!t. I'm not so sure; he was confirmed voteless last dayphase.

We're also not sure why TUF was targeted last night. Drafter was obviously going to die last night, meaning TUF would have been seen as either flavored or scum.

- m
Maikuru and tulle.
yin.yang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 4:52:06 PM
At 5/9/2013 4:18:21 PM, OneElephant wrote:
I'm here. Didn't receive anything in my PM last night.

What is your role exactly? Could you c/p it if you haven't already? Have you received anything all game?

- m
Maikuru and tulle.
yin.yang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 4:52:47 PM
At 5/9/2013 4:21:52 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
So let me get this straight: Town has someone CCing a CONFIRMED ROLE and I'm the best lynch for today? Seriously?

What are your reads?

Also, are you still voteless? Please place a vote.

- m
Maikuru and tulle.
yin.yang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 4:54:13 PM
At 5/9/2013 7:11:03 AM, drafterman wrote:
I'm good with a bossy lynch.

VTL Bossy

I don't know why ishall didn't use his ability last phase.

Can you use your ability after the lynch has been called? ishall never explained.

- m
Maikuru and tulle.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 4:57:06 PM
At 5/9/2013 4:54:13 PM, yin.yang wrote:
At 5/9/2013 7:11:03 AM, drafterman wrote:
I'm good with a bossy lynch.

VTL Bossy

I don't know why ishall didn't use his ability last phase.

Can you use your ability after the lynch has been called? ishall never explained.

- m

It's what the twilight phase is for. So I use it after the lynch has been reached, but before it has been called.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 5:04:06 PM
At 5/9/2013 4:52:20 PM, FlippantBuoyancy wrote:
I think we should lynch Lucky Today.

-FT

I've been contemplating on this. What if Lucky wasnt a mason at all, and Sys is his scumbuddy? The request to be roleblocked each phase would be a good cover for not having to recruit anyone, and his scumbuddy Sys could easily act as confirmation and nobody else would have to be recruited due to:

1) Fear tactic of all recruits dying once Lucky is dead
2) The persistent roleblock request

Or there is your theory that Lucky is mafia while having that role
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 7:06:54 PM
At 5/9/2013 4:52:06 PM, yin.yang wrote:
At 5/9/2013 4:18:21 PM, OneElephant wrote:
I'm here. Didn't receive anything in my PM last night.

What is your role exactly? Could you c/p it if you haven't already? Have you received anything all game?

- m

I've paraphrased and c/p-ed what I can. Like I said, the bulk of the PM describes the incident and is really lengthy - I might as a last resort but I really don't want to bother completely paraphrasing the story. I haven't received anything all game.

I think it's understandable to want to lynch Bossy even though aside from his inactivity, he hasn't been particularly scummy, just to be on the safe side. However, I don't really want to jump on his wagon yet because I realize that that would also put me on the chopping block immediately afterwards (even though I think I've been behaving relatively more pro town).
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 7:15:52 PM
At 5/9/2013 5:04:06 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/9/2013 4:52:20 PM, FlippantBuoyancy wrote:
I think we should lynch Lucky Today.

-FT

I've been contemplating on this. What if Lucky wasnt a mason at all, and Sys is his scumbuddy? The request to be roleblocked each phase would be a good cover for not having to recruit anyone, and his scumbuddy Sys could easily act as confirmation and nobody else would have to be recruited due to:

1) Fear tactic of all recruits dying once Lucky is dead
2) The persistent roleblock request

Or there is your theory that Lucky is mafia while having that role

I think the former idea is probably more plausible than the second (a mafia converter is probably OP). I'd rather lynch F-16 then Lucky though if it comes down to it - it'd probably be less risky.