LOTR/HOBBIT END GAMe

ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 5:41:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So.... here are all the roles.

The entire game had a lot of hidden flavoring. All the flavoring will be explained next to the role in the mod note. Some fo the roles may be slightly reworded. A player list of who was who will be coming up after all the roles. All of the " are supposed to be dashes, but DDO is weird like that.

Frodo " Ring Bearer " 3X INVULNERABLE
Frodo Baggins, son of Drogo, you are one of the most famous Hobbits of the Shire. You are the one tasked with travelling to Mordor to destroy the One Ring. When you put on the One Ring, you turn invisible. Thus, you have a 3X INVULNERABLE ability. If you are going to die in the NP or are about to be lynched, you will automatically put on the Ring to avoid death. However, every time you put on the Ring, then enemy will receive a list of players (half of the alive players the first time, a third the second, and then your name the final time). You win with the Town.

Sam " Sticks with Frodo " CAN PREVENT ONE DP OF RING CORRUPTION, starts with FRODO in PM
Samwise Gamgee, you are a Hobbit from the Shire who travelled with Frodo all the way to Mordor. You have always stuck with Frodo, and thus you start with Frodo in a PM. Furthermore, on a DP of your choice, you may prevent a single DP of Ring Corruption and protect Frodo from the NK by sacrificing yourself. You win with the Town.

Bilbo " Undecided
Bilbo Baggins, you are a famous Hobbit from the Shire. Not desiring adventure, you were still drawn into a quest with Dwarves to retake the ancient Dwarf home of Erebor. Along the adventure, you found the One Ring, and it"s persuasive powers have forever affected you. Thus, you are the UNDECIDED. You are currently Third Party, however at any point in the game you may choose to: Stay as Third Party by giving in to the Ring"s power and hunt for Frodo and take the Ring back, choosing to assist the dwarves and Gandalf, becoming part of the Town, or you may go to the Mafia and inform them of what you know of the Ring"s whereabouts, making you part of the Mafia. You will gain special powers upon each choice, though you may only choose one of the three options. BEWARNED, each decision may have SERIOUS repercussions.

THIRD PARTY
Bilbo, you have given in to the Ring! Thus, every NP you can hide behind someone. Any action directed at you will instead target whoever you hid behind. After hiding behind someone for 2 NP"s, you will kill them. If they have the Ring, you will acquire it. You are Third Party and win with yourself.

(Khaos chose to become Third Party).

TOWN
You have chosen to become town aligned. As a result of this, you are the LOVED TOWNIE and take one extra vote to lynch. Furthermore, you have the items STING and THE MITHRIL COAT. You may choose to use these items, or you may give them away. After a lynch, STING may "glow blue". If it glows blue, that signals that at least one non-town aligned person was voting for the lynched person. Furthermore, STING gives you 1x Vig. MITHRIL COAT gives the wearer a 1X Bulletproof. You win with the Town.

MAFIA
Poor choice Bilbo. You should never trust Orcs. You have been killed by the Mafia.

Pippin " Tied to Merry " LOVERS
Peregrin Took, you are one of the Hobbits who accompanied Frodo and Sam. However, after being separated Frodo and Sam, you were then separated from Merry, though you maintain a close relationship with Merry. Thus, you are the LOVER. You are connected to Merry, and anything that happens to Merry happens to you. You win with the Town.

(Merry was originally in the game, however he was omitted afterwards, effectively making Guilty a vanilla. This was one of those roles that was there to misinform.)

Aragorn " Protect, Track, Vig " MOAT
Aragorn, or Strider, you are the returning King of Gondor. Possessing Elendil and Narsil, two famous swords, you are an amazing warrior. Thus, you are the Master Of All Trades. You have unlimited VIG ability because of your warrior nature. You"re role in protecting the hobbits also allows you to have unlimited DOCTOR of a player, and finally your years as a Ranger allow you to have unlimited TRACKING abilities. You may only use one of those three abilities each NP. Furthermore, being the King of Gondor you have access to the Palantir in the White Tower of Minas Tirith. Thus, you have a PALANTIR, or SEEING STONE. You may look into the Seeing Stone during a DP or a NP. When you look into the Seeing Stone, you may choose a player. You will be informed of their character. But be warned, not all the lost Seeing Stones have been found. You never know who else may be watching in another Stone, and you may be revealed to them. If someone has used a seeing stone in the previous DP or NP, then there is a 50% chance that you will be revealed to the other user, a 25% chance the other user will be revealed to you, and a 25% that you will view whoever the other user is viewing instead of your own target. You may give the Palantir at any time to anyone. You win with the Town.

Gimli " Vig "VIG
Gimli, son of Gloin, you are a dwarf that was a member of the Fellowship of the Ring. Being a dwarf, you love being underground. You can easily dig for riches, have excellent crafting abilities, and have a sharp axe ready. As a result, you are the VIG. During the NP"s, you may select someone to drag underground and kill. You win with the town.

(Yes, the justification is bad, but Gimli is pro so he gets to be vig)

Legolas " Watcher " WATCHER
Legolas Greenleaf, you are the son of Thranduil, you are a Woodland Elf and member of the Fellowship of the Ring. Being an elf, you have many powers (such as walking on snow), and thus you are impervious to negative role effects (roleblocking, etc.). Furthermore, you have extremely long vision, making you a deadly archer. Thus, with your excellent vision you are the WATCHER. You may watch someone from afar and see who visits your target in the NP. You win with the Town.

Lord Denethor " One less vote to lynch " HATED TOWNIE
Lord Denethor, you were the last Steward of Gondor. Being the steward, you have control of one of the largest kingdoms in Middle Earth. You have a close alliance with Theoden of Rohan, and thus once during the game you may LIGHT THE BEACONS OF GONDOR. Lighting the Beacons will have unknown effects. You win with the Town.

(This was a hidden miller, so TUF would investigate guilty. Furthermore, Theoden King was also omitted from the game, so lighting the Beacons of Gondor would've done nothing but prompt me to write that the beacons of gondor have been lit).
ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 5:46:02 PM
Thorin Oakenshield " Bodyguard
Thorin Oakenshield, you are a mighty Dwarf of the Lonely Mountain. Evicted from your home by Smaug, you forever desire to return to Erebor, kill Smaug, and reclaim your lost gold. Thus, you assembled a band of 12 other Dwarves, Bilbo, and Gandalf. As you journeyed to the Lonely Mountain, you frequently protected the others in your band with your warrior prowess. Thus, you are the BODYGUARD. Every NP, you may choose to protect someone. If they are targeted for a kill, there is a 50% chance the kill will go through and there is a 50% chance that the kill will be stopped and you will learn the identity of the killer. You win with the town.

(Thorin was only capable of protecting other dwarves and Bilbo. However, if he tried to protect other non-dwarves then it would simply have no effect)

Fili/Kili " Protected Thorin
Fili/Kili, you are two little dwarves who accompanied Thorin on his quest to the Lonely Mountain. Being strong, young dwarves, you vigilantly defended your fellow questers. You are vanilla until you are needed. You win with the Town.

(If Thorin was in peril, then Fili/Kili would auto Doc Thorin. This would be a 1x)

MAFIA:
Sauron " Godfather " IF AQUIRES ONE RING "BECOMES MELKOR - NO CORRUPTION
You are the Dark Lord Sauron, a Lieutenant of Melkor. You came to Middle-Earth after Melkor"s defeat and carved out an empire in Middle-Earth called Mordor. You command legions of Orcs and the dreaded Nazgul, and thus you are the GODFATHER. You appear innocent upon investigation. You"re ultimate goal is to acquire the One Ring, taken from you after you"re "death." Thus, in order for the Mafia to win you must ACQUIRE THE ONE RING. Furthermore, having created the ring, once in the game you may ask me about one of the mechanics involved with the One Ring. You win with the Mafia.

You have acquired the One Ring! With it"s power, you have released Melkor, one of the most powerful beings ever. Melkor, or Morgoth is a fallen Ainur (Creators essentially). You"re greed and jealously turned you evil. You"re might allowed you to defeat the other Ainur and the Valar (gods of the physical realm). You"re strength made you the most powerful being, attracting many servants to you, such as the Father of Dragons, the Lord of the Balrogs, Ungoliant the mother of the spiders, and most famously Sauron, a fallen Maiar (servants of the Valar). However, you spread out your malice and evil too far, weakening your physical form, allowing the Ainur to capture you and imprison you. However, with the power of the One Ring Sauron has figured out how to release you, and you have returned to conquer all of creation. Thus, you are THE DARK LORD. You are a MOAT. You may choose ANY STANDARD ABILITY which you will take on (investigate, vig, 1X PGO, track etc.). However, you have a tendency to betray allies (attacked Ungoliant). Thus, you may choose only ONE other mafia member to become your lieutenant and Maiar, the rest you will kill. Furthermore, no one will be able to kill or lynch you except for Isildur"s Heir or perhaps another Maiar. You will start in a PM with the mafia member you choose, yet you are THIRD PARTY and win WITH YOURSELF.

(I thought this role was interesting, because Melkor is known to be untrustworthy. Thus, acquiring the One Ring would actually be detrimental to other mafia players. Mafia would auto come in second place if Melkor survived to the end. If Melkor died, Mafia would be first place. The only way to have eliminated Melkor is for Gandalf the White and Aragorn to vig him on the same NP or for both of them to be on the lynch).

Saruman " Randomly views characters through Palantir " RANDOM ROLE COP
Saruman the White, you are the head of the order of Wizards. However, when Sauron returned you abandoned the wizards and became a servant of Sauron. In the Tower of Orthanc, in the great citadel of Isengard you head your vile operations. With your great magical powers, you created a stronger race of Uruk-Hai, or Orc-Men. You are most famous for your voice, which you charge with magic to become extremely persuasive. Thus, if you are about to be killed or lynched, you will use your voice to randomly force one person to unvote (that person cannot vote for you again for that DP) and if you are about to be killed that kill will be voided. Your voice may only be used once before people catch on to the fact that you are manipulating them. However, your voice will not affect wizards or men with strong will power. Furthermore, in the Tower of Orthanc you have the Orthanc Stone, or one of the lost seeing stones. Every NP, you will look into the stone, randomly viewing a player. You will be informed of their character. However, not all the lost Seeing-Stones have been accounted for. Thus, if someone else has also used a Seeing-Stone in the past 1 DP or NP, you have a 50% chance that you will reveal yourself to the other user, a 25% chance that they will be revealed to you, and a 25% chance that you will see who they are viewing. You win with the Mafia.

(Also flavored, if either Gandalf or Aragorn was on board his lynch, his voice would have no effect).

The Nazgul " Screech " ROLEBLOCKER
You are the horrifying Nazgul, or the RingWraiths. You were originally the 9 men given rings of power, and that power corrupted you into become dark servants of Sauron. You"re screech brings fear into the hearts of men. Thus, everynight you may screech at someone, ROLEBLOCKING them. You win with the Mafia.

(Could not roleblock Gandalf)

Azog the Pale Orc " Kills all humans" STRONGMAN AND NINJA
Azog the Pale Orc, you are one of the great goblins of the Misty Mountains. You were portrayed as alive in the recent Hobbit movie, when really Thorin killed you. However, you are extremely powerful, tall, and nimble, and as a result of this you are the STRONGMAN AND NINJA. You may choose to either use your strongman, which will override doctors, or you ninja, which makes you unable to be seen by watchers or trackers. You win with the Mafia.

(Attempting to kill a dwarf would result in the dwarf killing Azog).

Gollem " Hider
You are Gollem, or Smeagol. You have been corrupted by the Ring, have lived far more than the average river dweller, and you are messed up to the extreme. You like to lurk in dark corners and find fish to eat, and you forever long for the Ring. Thus, you are the THIRD PARTY HIDER. You may choose a player in the NP. Any action targeting you will target the player instead. If you hide behind someone for two consecutive NP"s, you will strangle and kill them. In order to find the ring, you must kill the player possessing it. You win if you survive to the very end or if you possess the Ring when the game ends. You win with yourself.
ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 5:48:29 PM
THE ONE RING

After 3 DP's of ownership of the ring, the bearer automatically becomes Third Party. In this case, Frodo would automatically kill Sam. The 3X invulnerability would be lost as soon as someone took the Ring from Frodo (otherwise it would be too OP).
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 5:50:57 PM
This was a horrible first DDO Mafia game experience. The concept was nice but seriously..
0x5f3759df
ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 5:51:36 PM
Gandalf " Investigate " COP

Gandalf Greyhame, Stormcrow, or just Gandalf the Grey, you are a wizard who has come to Middle Earth to protect its inhabitants. Being a wizard sent to Middle-Earth, you are extremely wise and powerful. Thus, you are the COP. Each night you may choose to visit someone and determine their allegiance, to Sauron or to the King Aragorn. You win with the Town.

Forgot Gandalf :P

Gandalf was also special, because upon his death he had a choice of whether or not to be a BOMB (because he took down the Balrog like a beast) or to return as Gandalf the White (because he returned as a beast). If he returned however, he would become a MOAT (unlimited Vig and Protect from all Negative effects). After another Mafia member died, then Gandalf would return across the sea (die).
ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 5:52:10 PM
At 5/16/2013 5:50:57 PM, Bullish wrote:
This was a horrible first DDO Mafia game experience. The concept was nice but seriously..

Because of the game mechanics, balancing, what?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 5:55:25 PM
TOWN:

Flippant - Aragorn

TUF - Denethor

Maikuru - Gandalf

Vmpire - Thorin

TA - Frodo

Bullish - Sam

Khaos - Bilbo

Skep - Legolas

Frack - Fili/Kili

Wifom - Gimli

Guilty - Pippin

MAFIA:

Smith - Nazgul

Zaradi - Sauron

OneE - Azog

Idiot - Sauron

THIRD PARTY

Khaos - Bilbo

Rocket - Gollem
Idiot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 6:02:13 PM
Sh*t I also thought Rocket was weird as hell. And I figured Flippant was gonna be a PR too
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 6:02:21 PM
Ishall, I seriously love the concept with the 2x NP strangle. That is just so sweet!! I wish we had played this game out.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 6:03:10 PM
At 5/16/2013 6:02:13 PM, Idiot wrote:
Sh*t I also thought Rocket was weird as hell. And I figured Flippant was gonna be a PR too

Go away.
Idiot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 6:04:29 PM
At 5/16/2013 6:03:10 PM, Yraelz wrote:
At 5/16/2013 6:02:13 PM, Idiot wrote:

Go away.

no u
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 6:19:38 PM
I think this game was very well thought out and the mechanics of Bilbo and the ring are really interesting. The balance was probably a little third party heavy and I think the mafia would have been disadvantaged, but maybe I'm biased because we had no particularly strong players on our team.

It's really disappointing that we didn't have the opportunity to play it out.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 6:20:52 PM
What happened? Why did the game end?
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 6:26:35 PM
At 5/16/2013 6:20:52 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
What happened? Why did the game end?

Idiot was replaced for not being cordial. He decided to throw a temper tantrum and out the mafia, blacklisting himself from pretty much any future mafia games here. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if his account's closed down within a week.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 6:36:08 PM
At 5/16/2013 5:51:36 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
Gandalf " Investigate " COP

Gandalf Greyhame, Stormcrow, or just Gandalf the Grey, you are a wizard who has come to Middle Earth to protect its inhabitants. Being a wizard sent to Middle-Earth, you are extremely wise and powerful. Thus, you are the COP. Each night you may choose to visit someone and determine their allegiance, to Sauron or to the King Aragorn. You win with the Town.

Forgot Gandalf :P

Gandalf was also special, because upon his death he had a choice of whether or not to be a BOMB (because he took down the Balrog like a beast) or to return as Gandalf the White (because he returned as a beast). If he returned however, he would become a MOAT (unlimited Vig and Protect from all Negative effects). After another Mafia member died, then Gandalf would return across the sea (die).

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

So I get my best role ever and get screwed over because some woman out there made the mistake of carrying Idiot to term? This is some messed up sh!t right here.

Sorry your game got ruined, ishall. It was fun while it lasted.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 8:29:38 PM
I agree with those that said IShall should run another game straight away. This game was very intriguing. I really liked the ring mechanic - so much like the movies/books.

I am a little surprised at how well the town collectively played. Most townies were FOSsing scum most of the time. Scumhunting with FT was fun. It would have been epic if we lynched Sauron DP1 though.

I guess part of the fun was that most good players were town. I specifically asked IShall before signing up if he had randomized the roles with no changes (I get tired of mod-psych, I even use it when playing in games of mods like Logic. It is inevitable.) When that gets taken away, the game becomes 10 times more fun with no paranoia over whether the other experienced players are scum because you are town. It is just pure fun.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 8:55:33 PM
This would have been a grand game, and I'm sad that it ended prematurely.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 9:25:45 PM
I am so pissed at idiot. I have already reported him. Can someone message airmax? I had actually called 2/4 scum!! I was null on zaradi and OneE but town had pegged zaradi down it seemed. We would have won this one anyway. Ishall who was who?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 9:32:54 PM
Besides, I honestly don't think Idiot was playing so scummy, he was a troll. I imagine he would have played similarly if he were town.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 9:36:00 PM
At 5/16/2013 9:32:54 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Besides, I honestly don't think Idiot was playing so scummy, he was a troll. I imagine he would have played similarly if he were town.

I imagine not, as I never trusted Idiot from the beginning. Due to his trolling nature, he would have likely been not as enthusiastic about lynching people if he were given the "good guy" town role.
0x5f3759df
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 10:08:55 PM
At 5/16/2013 9:32:54 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

He claimed an item in a chararacter game, lied about the link between his character and role, lied about his role being indicative of a game mechanic, then lied about his claimed role, then feigned ignorance about what his role even does. Not to mention he was buddying everyone that town read him hardcore and OMGUSed everyone that didn't.

But no... Not scummy at all.