Jump to topic:

Beginner Mafia 14.2 EndGame

Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:27:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
As Revan's lightsaber pierced his once cherished friend's heart, the force once again returned to balance. The town has won the game.

Characters:

1. LargeFarva you are Carth Onasi. Once described as, "one of the Republic"s best pilots", you are adept at handling the Ebon Hawk. During the Sith orbital bombardment of Taris, you successfully navigated the surface of Lehon despite impossible mechanical impairments. In this game your abilities as a pilot easily surpass all others. Once per night you may make one of the following choices:

a. You may choose two characters and transport them via the Ebon Hawk to swap their places. In effect you fill redirect all actions targeted at player A onto player B, and all actions targeted at play B onto play A.

b. You may offer a character safe haven aboard your ship for the entire NP. They will be asked if they would like to board in their private PM. If they agree they will be invincible to all night actions directed at them. However, if you are killed during the NP, your ship will go down and they will likely die with you.

You win with the town.

2. TheAntidoter you are T3-M4. Designed as a master slicer droid for the crime king David Kang, your life as a villain was fortunately short lived. Aboard the Ebon Hawk, others have viewed you as a valuable asset in assisting Revan in his quest to find the Star Forge. In reality, you are greatest utility droid ever created, capable of repairing entire star fleets without guidance. You have a one-shot DP action that you may use:

a. During any DP, at any time, you may hack the mainframe computer and remove one person from the lynch count. For the remainder of that DP, no matter how many people vote, that person cannot be lynched. Though everyone will be told, "the mainframe has been hacked."

You also possess a night action:

a. You may choose one other player each night to target. If that player is the droid HK-47, you will be presented with multiple hacking options. Whatever option you choose will be successful. However, if you choose a player to target, who is not HK-47, your hacking attempt will fail. And, as a result, HK-47 will be alerted of your presence. Over private PM, the character HK-47 will be told who you are. Choose wisely, HK-47 is not your friend.

You win with the town.

3. FrackJack you are Jolee Bindo. As your starship plummeted to the ground, you could not possibly guess that your future wife would await you on the planet"s surface. Nor could you guess that training your wife in the ways of the Jedi would carry such dire consequences. At the culmination of the Exar Kun war Nayama turned against you, joined the darkside, and attempted to take your life. Because you spared her, many more would die in the wake of your mistakes. But you were not evil, you knew the punishment you deserved and sought it willingly. Instead of punishing you for your actions the Jedi Council attempted to promote you to the status of Jedi Knight. As your wisdom surpassed theirs, you turned away, disgusted by their foolishness. Each NP you may choose between these actions:

a. Your massive experience with the force, as well as your constant mingling with Sith and Jedi has allowed you to perceive affiliations via the force. Each night you may affiliation cop another player. You will be told if they are guilty or innocent.

b. You are adept at destroying Sith apprentices. You may choose a player each night if you so desire. If that player is Darth Bandon, you will instantly kill him. However, if that player is not Darth Bandon you will either lose faith in yourself, thereby losing all night abilities for the rest of the game, or (in the event of a Sith Lord encounter) you will be killed.

Choose wisely. You win with the town.

4. IFLY you are Zaalber. Dishonored by attacking your brother with your climbing claws, you have been given the title "madclaw". As a violent wookie, you are feared by almost all sentient beings. The truth is in your favor however. Your brother committed egregious acts against your people by selling them to off world slavers. Each day you may take the following action:

a. You have the ability to roar at another player. That player will become delusional with fear and you will acquire their vote. The player will be silenced for the remainder of the DP.

Due to massive amounts of hair obscuring your body, and general wookie toughness, you are 1x bullet proof.

You win with the town.

5. Khaos_Mage you are Canderous Ordo. Once defeated by republic forces commanded by Jedi Knight Revan, you came to admire him immensely. In following his lead, through his amnesia, you have gained all the skills necessary to rule the Mandalorians. You are an elite soldier attune to the force. During any NP you may:

a. 1x Vig. You may kill any character of your choice. Choose wisely.

As an elite soldier you are 2x bullet proof. Also, considering your training, you may not be captured.

You win with the town.

6. Logical-Master you are Mission Vao. Street smart in ways surpassing all other characters, you are adept in stealthy subterfuge. Additionally, you are quick friends with the wookie Zaalber. Although he does not know this, if he targets you with abilities the two of you will become instant friends. A private PM will open between you and you each will gain a new ability. However, you may not tell him about this outcome, or else you will die in an attempt to free him from slavers.

Each night you may use the following action if you so desire:

a. You may stalk one other player, and watch exactly what they do each night. If you are killed by the player you are stalking you will have the option to resurrect. Doing so will grant you new abilities. You are the Watcher(tracker) / Rogue.

You win with the town.

7. TUF you are Bastila Shan. As the greatest living battle meditation Jedi, you are perhaps the single most dynamic character in the KOTOR universe. You are responsible for originally wiping Revan"s memories, and leading most of the offensive against Malak. Each night you may choose an ability and use it:

a. You may protect one other player. In doing so you will stabilize their condition after a Sith Attack and save them from death. If the player you target would have died, then a force bond will open between you and that player (PM).

b. You may use Jedi telepathy to send a message (<100 words) to another player. They will receive the message but will not be alerted as to who it came from.

During the DP you may use an action:

a. Battle Meditation - Each of your allies will have a 10% chance of changing their vote to a random Sith. However, the Sith also have a 5% of detecting this, and instantly identifying who you are.

Be warned, you are susceptible to the dark side.

You win with the town.

8. Ishall you are Juhani. Powerful in the force, you are an outcast padawan who believes that you accidentally killed your master. You are mentally unstable and are therefor the bomb. If you are lynched the hammerer will likely die. If you are night killed, the night killer will probably die.

You are extremely susceptible to force persuasion. Be warned, your role may change depending on how other Jedi/Sith interact with you.

You win with the town.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:28:33 PM
Continued...

9. Rocket you are HK-47. A once premier assassin droid, your capture at the hands of the mandalorians has damaged you in many ways. In particular, severe damage to your memory core insures that you swear allegiance to no one. You are more likely to destroy your masters than obey them. However, in order to regain your immense power you must capture the parts you are missing. Doing so will grant you new abilities. Each night you may:

a. Capture another player with your assassination techniques. Doing so will give you command over their vote for the next DP. Additionally, from each player you capture, you may reap an item you direly need. In order to regain full power you must capture or kill T3-M4, one Jedi, and one Sith. However, killing or capturing Revan will count for any of the three (you may choose).

You win by yourself. You gain abilities with the characters you capture. At full power you become unstoppable and will kill everybody else.

10. FourTrouble you are Revan. Perhaps the greatest Jedi, turned Sith, to ever have existed, you are nearly invincible. However, your choice to follow the light insures that you must fight your once friend: Darth Malak. In order to do so, you will have to be willing to sacrifice your life for those that you have come to admire. Each night you will have possible actions:

a. You may vig Darth Malak. In fact, Darth Malak is invincible unless you personally kill him. However, your power is so immense, that if you should target someone other than Darth Malak, you will utterly slaughter them. In the following DP OP they will not be revealed, because no remainder of their body can be found. Furthermore, the OP will not make your character (Revan) look like a monster. Choose wisely.

b. You may train Jedi. In this game there are multiple force sensitive persons. Some of them are susceptible to your persuasion and will join you if targeted during the night. But be warned, the Sith also have this power. If both you and the Sith target the same person during the NP, you will win them over. Doing so will open a private PM with the person, and ensure that they cannot be turned Sith.

Additionally, due to your immense powers you are a 2x bullet-proof. You will show up as "unaffiliated" under any investigations. Upon your death you must choose a player each night. If that player is susceptible to your guidance you will train them from the grave. A private PM will open between you, and they will gain your "a" ability.

You win with the town.

11. Lannan you are Darth Bandon the shadow hand of Darth Malak. However, your powers have not fully matured and you are still being trained. As such you are the mafia JOAT, there are many powers which you may select from each night, but you may only use them once:

a. Force choke will knock out one player for the night. They will be unable to use their actions.
b. Force Lightning will guarantee you the night kill. Strongman.
c. Force push will push another player in front of someone. Doing so will redirect all actions from player A to player B.

Additionally you are susceptible to the light side of the force. Be warned.

12. Zaradi you are Darth Malak. As the lord of the Sith you believe yourself to be utterly invincible. In fact, only the return of the master you betrayed, Darth Revan, could possibly pose a threat. As such, you are unlynchable and permanently bullet proof. However, if the town votes to lynch you the DP will end with "Darth Malak has escaped, no one has been lynched."

During the NP you can use the following action:

a. You may attempt to corrupt a force sensitive individual. Doing so will allow them to join you on the dark side. If you attempt to corrupt Revan, you will die and all mafia will be revealed to Revan.

You two win with the mafia.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:32:11 PM
Good game

Frack you Yraelz for saying we died when the game was already over

LOL @FT- BUT LANNAN'S TOWN GAIZZZ, BUDDA'S SCUMMM
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:32:25 PM
Actions:

DP1:
1. Town realizes Zaradi is scum as he is CC"d for his Canderous Ordo claim.
2. Zaradi is voted for lynch but escapes - Confirming him.
3. Logical replaces Prodigenius.
4. TUF uses battle meditation causing a disturbance in the force. Nothing happens.
5. Logical and IFFLY get a wookie love PM for discovering each other.

NP1:
1. Logical and IFFLY gain a 1x role block ability because they are wookie loved.
2. Drafterman replaces Zaradi.
3. LargeFarva bus drives FT and Lannan.
4. Lannan force pushes Rocket in front of Drafterman.
5. Rocket attempts to kidnap TA, it works.
6. FT attempts to kill Drafterman (Malak) but obliterates the force pushed Rocket. This triggers FT"s role clause.
7. TUF sends IFLY a message using telepathy, it reads, "Hi this is FT. I have chosen to win with the mafia. Yraelz told me who my teammates were, so I am writing you this message to suggest a recruitment, and a kill target. He said I can't be part of the PM, but I can send you messages.
I suggest recruiting FrackJack, as his role is deadly to us. I am sure the watcher is going to be busy tonight, so this would be the best time to do it. Kill Kaos since he is confirmed.
"
8. FrackJack cops logical-master returns innocent.
9. TA no action submitted.
10. Khaos opts for no action.
11. Drafter attempts to recruit IFLY.
12. Logical Master attempts to watch Drafter. Drafter visits IFLY.

DP2:
1. The town destroys Lannan, obviously.
2. TUF uses Battle Meditation mid day, to no effect.
3. IFLY roars at Drafter, thereby silencing him.

NP2 (actions of consequence):
1. FT kills Drafter.
2. LargeFarva offers FT safe haven on the Ebon Hawk (FT rejects this offer).
3. IFLY & Logical role block drafter.

This prevents Drafter from recruiting and also kills him. No other action could interrupt these events. Thus the town has won.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:34:34 PM
Did I really just ignore a KotOR mafia game? Damn it.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:34:46 PM
Seriously with that message TUF? You do some of the stupidest stuff as town, I swear, its so headscratchingly baffling how you can be so good at times, and so derpish in others

MvP to IFLY
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:34:52 PM
Mod Errors:
1. In reality Lannan opted to kill FT during NP1 but did not bold the action. When I hastily scrolled through, late last night, I utterly missed this.
2. I also thought LargeFarva had switched FT and Drafter for some reason. So I originally told Logical that he had tracked someone to to rocket.

Technically Lannan should have died NP 1.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:36:48 PM
2. LargeFarva offers FT safe haven on the Ebon Hawk (FT rejects this offer).

"Players offered safe haven aboard ship where they will be immune to all night actions"

"Rejects offer and kills player instead"

Brilliant FT, you should be so proud
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:36:52 PM
At 5/22/2013 11:34:46 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Seriously with that message TUF? You do some of the stupidest stuff as town, I swear, its so headscratchingly baffling how you can be so good at times, and so derpish in others

MvP to IFLY

Honestly, Logical Master was the first one to suggest a Lannan/Zaradi scum team. It made sense so I went with it. But thanks anyways.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:38:04 PM
At 5/22/2013 11:34:52 PM, Yraelz wrote:
Mod Errors:
1. In reality Lannan opted to kill FT during NP1 but did not bold the action. When I hastily scrolled through, late last night, I utterly missed this.
2. I also thought LargeFarva had switched FT and Drafter for some reason. So I originally told Logical that he had tracked someone to to rocket.

Winning
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:38:31 PM
Technically, I did lie about my role! When I said my town/mafia play-styles were identical, I wasn't kidding! And no, I don't recommend lying while town . . . unless you're like me. ;)

GG folks!
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:38:59 PM
At 5/22/2013 11:36:52 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

MvP to IFLY

Honestly, Logical Master was the first one to suggest a Lannan/Zaradi scum team. It made sense so I went with it. But thanks anyways.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that,

Revision: MVP to Logical Master
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:39:20 PM
At 5/22/2013 11:34:52 PM, Yraelz wrote:
Mod Errors:

lol so this is why you were going "damn, confirmed"?
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:40:39 PM
At 5/22/2013 11:38:31 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
Technically, I did lie about my role! When I said my town/mafia play-styles were identical, I wasn't kidding! And no, I don't recommend lying while town . . . unless you're like me. ;)

GG folks!

And once you get caught lying while town, you will be insta-lynced, it is guaranteed to happen, just pray it doesnt happen and cause a town loss. Overall though great job
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:41:48 PM
Additional Comments:
1. FT was presented with an affiliation choice at the beginning of this game. If he had chosen the dark side, he would have become a TP who joined the mafia PM. He would have won upon killing Darth Malak and the remaining good Jedi.

2. I originally thought this game was mafia sided. But the claims from Zaradi and Lannan were a little sub-par. Especially so in Zaradi's case. If he had remained anonymous for even one DP, I think things would have ended very different.

3. DP1 almost turned out very differently before LM showed up. Rocket's claim flew under the radar of everyone else playing. It was actually a very good claim if nobody did the extent of research that LM did. If Rocket had not been FOS'd momentum would have continued to build on TA which would have resulted in him using his lynch proof on himself. The result of this, that TA didn't envision, was that the town would have thought him to be Darth Malak. Only Rocket knew who he really was, and would have captured him that NP.

4. I intervened slightly in this game. Lannan's original NP action was to force push TA in front of Rocket. Either I was going to die laughing or post this message, "Can I stop you for just a second and have you explain why you want to do that?" I chose the later. Lannan rethought his action, for about two seconds, before realizing that Drafter/Zaradi was clearly going to be murdered by FT.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:44:30 PM

MvP to IFLY

I honestly thought it was clever. He did get a town read on me because of it. One of those few times reaction test works...
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:44:35 PM
At 5/22/2013 11:35:47 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
Why was I unable to be recruited?

I think it'd be really unfair if you were recruited while we were still chatting via PM! Then you'd really be able to f-ck with the town!
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:45:08 PM
Why the hell did Tuf send that message? Stop taking mafia tips from lannan.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:46:16 PM
Thoughts on the game overall? I will post Beginner Mafia 14.3 sign-ups probably tomorrow. The game will be KoTor 2 themed and will include flavors, and bountiful misinformation. I will probably toe the line of bastard modding. This will be the final game in the Beginner Mafia 14.3 series.

In the meantime I would like to know how this game could have been more interesting to you all.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:46:48 PM
At 5/22/2013 11:44:35 PM, Logical-Master wrote:

I think it'd be really unfair if you were recruited while we were still chatting via PM! Then you'd really be able to f-ck with the town!

You couldn't be recruited because you weren't force sensitive.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:47:13 PM

Lol, the fun I could have had.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:48:07 PM
At 5/22/2013 11:46:48 PM, Yraelz wrote:

You couldn't be recruited because you weren't force sensitive.

That's the other thing that made the mafia lose. Ishall or TUF literally said that they were susceptible to the dark side in DP1. I don't know why Drafter didn't try to recruit whichever one of them it was.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:49:42 PM
I never said Lannan was town. I said to stop rushing the lynch so I could have a chance to catch up and see what the deal was with Lannan. I knew I had been redirected, and my primary concern was that Budda was claiming to switch actions affecting me to Lannan, which cast some doubt on Lannan being scum, since I knew I was redirected.

I've played many games where town rushes lynches on players I town read, games where I don't even have a chance to post in the DP, and of course they mislynch. So my main point was about slowing down until I had a chance to read the DP, not that Lannan was town. I was under the impression Lannan was a redirector, not a bus driver, hence my analysis regarding Budda/Lannan.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:49:54 PM
At 5/22/2013 11:45:08 PM, Maikuru wrote:

TUFs message made me laugh forever. I couldn't help but love that. =D
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:51:11 PM
At 5/22/2013 11:49:54 PM, Yraelz wrote:
At 5/22/2013 11:45:08 PM, Maikuru wrote:

TUFs message made me laugh forever. I couldn't help but love that. =D

It was so obviously not written by me. I'm glad to see some people picked up on that.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:54:08 PM
At 5/22/2013 11:53:28 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Let's get game 2 going.

Make sure you randomize all the roles this time, including mine.

FT is eager for blood.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:54:22 PM
At 5/22/2013 11:40:39 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/22/2013 11:38:31 PM, Logical-Master wrote:

GG folks!

And once you get caught lying while town, you will be insta-lynced, it is guaranteed to happen, just pray it doesnt happen and cause a town loss. Overall though great job

I'd like to think I wouldn't have been caught based on what I had planned. But you're right, insta-lynched!