Jump to topic:

AQ Mafia DP 2

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 6:15:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Last night, the body of Dianna Grimm was discovered near Charmbridge Grounds.

Danielle/Zaradi-Dianna Grimm: You are a Special Inquisitor in the Wizard's Justice Department whose role is to search for the Confederation's greatest enemy. Because he is a powerful wizard and is difficult to track, you use the powers of the Confederation to actively detain and stalk his children, whom you believe to play a part in his plots. As a member of the Elect and the government, you understand the nature of the Deathly Regiment and have no qualms about supporting it. You are the Mafia Tracker and Watcher. Each night you may visit one player and discover whom she visited and who visited her.

Excerpt:

Charlie had been flying about elsewhere the day that Billy Boggleston and his friends had accosted her, but when Diana Grimm came calling, the raven was perched on the end of Alexandra's broom. The raven cawed a warning, just before she heard a familiar voice behind her, speaking in a pleasant tone.

"Well, I see you're still having trouble with Muggle children." As if only noticing the intruder now, a chorus of rattlesnakes began buzzing.

Unsurprised, Alexandra slowly swiveled about, and regarded the other witch. Diana Grimm looked and sounded exactly like Dean Grimm, her twin sister. Today, the Special Inquisitor was dressed like a Muggle, with her pants tucked into tall boots that looked quite appropriate for walking through snake-infested fields and mud.

"What trouble?" Alexandra asked. "Do you see any Muggles here?"

Charlie clucked nervously.

"No," Ms. Grimm said. "I think you've scared them off... for now. The problem is, they never stay away. And here you are, flying on a broom practically within sight of an interstate highway, for Circe's sake!" In fact, at that moment, they heard the rumble of a truck passing by on the Interstate, but Alexandra shrugged.

"I'm not within sight of the Interstate, and I can hear anyone coming," she said.

"You didn't hear me coming."

"You probably Apparated. Or used a Silencing Charm. Whatever." Alexandra shrugged again.

"I think perhaps you need a little refresher on the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy," Ms. Grimm said. "You know very well that this "" she gestured at Alexandra, on her broom " "is forbidden. To say nothing of this." She pointed her wand where a huge tangle of snakes was still writhing about, and said, "Accio snakestone!" The stone came flying from the serpents' midst and into her hand. She touched the tip of her wand to the stone, and it abruptly shattered.

Brushing her hands off, she fixed Alexandra with a stern look. "I also know that you performed a powerful Transfiguration spell on this pond. It was too powerful for you to have done deliberately, so no doubt it was an 'accident,' which means it was probably triggered by an encounter with the Muggles who frequent this charming little spot." Ms. Grimm sniffed and wrinkled her nose. "And upon asking around, I learned that curiously, Old Larkin Pond now inspires dread in the local children. 'Haunted' was how one boy put it, and another said 'cursed.'" Grimm regarded Alexandra coolly. "I wonder how that happened?"

Alexandra's eyes narrowed. "You go interrogate my friends now?"

She didn't actually have friends here in Larkin Mills, not anymore, but she wasn't going to tell Ms. Grimm that.

"When there's an underage witch living among Muggles, it's important to make sure nothing is happening that would concern the Bureau of Magic Obfuscation. A certain amount of rumors and gossip is to be expected, but your behavior is irresponsible."

"Right, you came to Larkin Mills to make sure there aren't too many rumors about a scary witch hanging around Old Larkin Pond."

Ms. Grimm gave her a severe look that made her resemble her sister even more. "Alexandra, you're very lucky that I told the Trace Office not to bother recording your infraction since I was coming to see you anyway. Now get off that broom and come here."

"If I get off the broom, I'll fall in the pond, since I haven't learned a spell to walk on water yet," Alexandra said, as if she were explaining something very obvious to a very stupid person. Charlie abruptly took off, flapping over to the thicket by the water's edge, on the opposite side of the pond from the other witch.

Ms. Grimm's smile became a little frostier. "I'm being very patient, Alexandra."

Alexandra's father had said something very similar to her, when they'd first met. That memory brought a scowl to Alexandra's face, and she looked away and muttered something under her breath.

"Why yes, Alexandra, I am a witch." Ms. Grimm's eyes were glittering and cold now. "That is what you just called me, isn't it?" All warmth left her voice. "Come here, child."

In response, Alexandra deliberately nudged her broom out further over the pond, away from the witch. She knew the petty act of defiance would do her no good, but she was in a defiant mood.

The other witch raised her wand. Alexandra reached for hers, but she was not nearly fast enough. The Special Inquisitor didn't say a word, but Alexandra's broom shattered into a thousand pieces. Charlie screeched in alarm as Alexandra fell straight into the water. She sputtered and squeezed her eyes shut, bobbing in the center of the pond, while bits of wood and straw rained down on her. After a moment, she paddled towards the shore, gasping. A snake brushed against her in the water.

Ms. Grimm was waiting for her at the water's edge, and grabbed her arm to pull her ashore. Alexandra staggered up onto the soggy ground, and then shook the woman's hand off angrily.

"You destroyed it!" she shouted. "That broom was a gift from my brother!" More rattlesnakes buzzed, only a few feet away.

"Then you should have been more responsible with it," Ms. Grimm said calmly. Alexandra's eyes blazed with fury, and then Ms. Grimm raised her wand again. "I suggest you calm yourself, and your familiar."

Charlie shrieked and dove through the air at Ms. Grimm's face. Alexandra shouted, "Charlie, no!" and held out her hands to ward off the bird. "Charlie, come here! Come here!" She looked apprehensively at Ms. Grimm, who was still holding her wand loosely, as if ready to cast a curse at the bird.

Charlie circled around, and then, with a caw, landed on Alexandra's outstretched hand. Alexandra immediately pulled her raven close to her body and wrapped her arms around the bird, who squawked and protested. Alexandra glowered at Ms. Grimm. "Do you feel all powerful now?"

"This was entirely your doing, Alexandra," Ms. Grimm said. "All you had to do was land as I asked you to, instead of being defiant and insulting. I know you wouldn't dare talk to my sister like that, and it's time you learned that I won't stand for it either."

Alexandra simmered, but she bit her tongue, while taking deep breaths to calm herself.

"You have no idea how fortunate you are," Ms. Grimm went on. "Another Inquisitor might have simply put a Body-Bind Curse on you, and taken you to back to the Territorial Headquarters for interrogation... and possibly had you chained up."

"Chained up?" Alexandra scoffed. "For what, using a bad word?"

"Alexandra." Ms. Grimm's eyes flashed dangerously. "After what your father did a few months ago, you are in no position to be flouting authority. The Wizards' Congress has passed the WODAMND Act. Juveniles can be treated as adults now, if they're suspected of practicing Dark Arts."

"I am not practicing Dark Arts!"

Ms. Grimm raised an eyebrow.

"The snakestone was Max's," Alexandra hissed.

The older witch shook her head. "Your involvement with the Mors Mortis Society last year, and the fact that you're Abraham Thorn's daughter, are more than enough reason for suspicion. Get this through your head, child " you may resent me, you may hate me, but you are not your father! You can't defy the entire Confed
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 6:16:21 AM
Alexandra bristled, but something in Ms. Grimm's tone and her steely gaze held her attention, and she kept her mouth shut.

"The rules are changing," Ms. Grimm said, "and not everyone will be as tolerant of your attitude as I have been. And it may not be just you that your smart mouth gets into trouble."

Charlie clucked, fluttering and trying to escape her grasp. Alexandra looked down at her raven, then back up at Ms. Grimm.

"What do you want?" she muttered.

"You know what I want."

"I haven't seen or spoken to my father since the last time we talked."

Grimm studied her for a moment, and then said, "You're lying."

Alexandra wondered whether the Special Inquisitor was trying to read her mind. She narrowed her eyes and thought very, very bad thoughts about her.

Ms. Grimm's eyes narrowed also, and then she pointed her wand at the center of Alexandra's forehead, and said, "Legilimens!"

There was a kind of pressure in Alexandra's head " a feeling of intrusion. Alexandra felt her thoughts and memories tumbling around even as she frantically tried to hide them " memories of past summers in Larkin Mills, with her friend Brian Seabury, memories of her mother and stepfather, memories of Charmbridge Academy " and then, the memories she dreaded most, those of her brother, and their deadly trip to the Lands Below. Maximilian had taught her the basics of Occlumency, but in her agitated and distraught state, it was useless trying to shield herself, and she knew that if Ms. Grimm was sifting through her thoughts right now, the Inquisitor would see memories of that trip, which Alexandra's father had supposedly Obliviated from her mind.

"Stop it!" she screamed. "Get out of my head! All right! My father called me! I only talked to him on the phone!"

Ms. Grimm stared at her a moment longer, while Alexandra panted with anger and humiliation, and tried to calm herself enough to push some of her thoughts away from where Ms. Grimm could see them.

Slowly, Ms. Grimm lowered her wand. "Tell me."

"He called me on the phone, the first week I was home," Alexandra said, through clenched teeth. "He told me he hoped I'd understand someday, about what he's doing. I told him I didn't want anything to do with him or the Dark Convention. Then I hung up on him, and I haven't heard from him since. That's all."

Ms. Grimm considered this. "Are you quite certain that's all?" The tip of her wand still hovered inches from Alexandra's nose.

"I don't want anything to do with him!" Alexandra shouted. "And do you really think he'd tell me anything now? I don't know anything about the Thorn Circle except what I've heard on the Wizard Wireless. I've hardly talked to anyone this summer, except by phone or by owl." Her voice was bitter. "I haven't even been able to see my sister, thanks to all the restrictions you guys have put on travel."

"That is your father's doing, as you well know." Ms. Grimm hesitated, and then, to Alexandra's great relief, she slid her wand back into the sheath she kept under her jacket.

"Your father will contact you again, and you will report it," Ms. Grimm said coldly. "Remember what I told you about the WODAMND Act, Alexandra. There's only so much a rebellious adolescent can get away with nowadays. And if you breach wizarding secrecy again, you risk not only being imprisoned, but having a team of Obliviators dispatched to Larkin Mills."

"Why don't you just lock me up right now?" Alexandra glowered at her. "Oh, right " because then you can't use me to get my father."

Ms. Grimm stared down at the younger girl coolly.

"Remember what I said about that smart mouth, Alexandra." She nodded. "Until next time." With a pop, she vanished.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 6:20:57 AM
List of Living Players
List of Living Players:

1. TUF
2. drafterman
3. TheAntidoter
4. FrackJack
5. Budda
6. Lucky
7. Rocket
8. Johnny
9. FourTrouble
10. Yraelz
11. Smithereens
12. lannan13
13. Noumena
14. Khaos_Mage (as long as mages don't outrank paladins)

About to Visit the Lands Beyond
1. Johnny (1/8)- Yraelz
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 6:24:56 AM
The Antidoter was lynched yesterday. He was John Manuelito.

John Manuelito: You are a member of the Dark Convention, a group of disgruntled, power-hungry warlocks whose intention is to seize control of the Confederation through the use of Dark Arts. While at Charmbridge Academy, you served as a recruiter for the Convention through the Mors Mortis Society, a secret group dedicated to the practice of the Dark Arts. After being expelled from Charmbridge, you fled to your Navajo home in Dinetah and continued your activities in the Convention, which generally constituted terrorizing the Navajo people. You have two powers. The first is a 1x recruitment; you can select one player and recruit her to the Dark Convention. She will keep her powers, but her win condition will change. If you have a majority at the end of the game, you win. The second is an every-night roleblock. You win with the Dark Convention (Third Party)
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 6:26:05 AM
List of Living Players

1. TUF
2. drafterman
3. FrackJack
4. Budda
5. Lucky
6. Rocket
7. Johnny
8. FourTrouble
9. Yraelz
10. Smithereens
11. lannan13
12. Noumena
13. Khaos_Mage (as long as mages don't outrank paladins)

About to Visit the Lands Beyond
1. Johnny (1/7)- Yraelz
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 6:26:55 AM
well, progress has been made. The loss of the watcher hurt ik, but I reckon town has this if we can pull off another successful lynch today. Personally, I would like to hear from everyone who didn't post last DP.

VTL Johnny.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 6:40:35 AM
Just some thoughts that interest me, but none of these is any reason to vote:

People who jumped on the Khaos_mage bandwagon (in order):
Noumena, lannan

People who jumped on the TA bandwagon (in order):
Noumena, FrackJack, LargaFavra, lannan, Rocket, Fourtrouble

I want to point out lannan13. Usually as mafia Lannan will wait before voting for a person regardless of them being scum or not. As town he is more direct and votes for people who he thinks is scum regardless of what everyone else is doing. In this game both his votes so far have been for people who have already had a number of votes on them. Of particular interest is Khaos. Lannan and Noumena both voted for Khaos at the beginning of the game, then at the end of the game, Lannan simply switched over to TA, no explanation given. This leads me to believe that they had been sorting this out in their mafia pm. Lannan jumped on the reasoning given by FT to vote against Khaos, and didn't withdraw his vote until he confirmed that TA was beyond saving.

FoS Lannan

If we watch Lannan's voting, he will be forced to come up with good reasoning to vote or not vote at all. If he tries to come up with good reasons, we can catch him out as scum, if he doesn't vote, we can catch him out as scum. If he bandwagons we can lynch him. By carefully observing lannan, we can effectively remove one of the mafia from voting on the bandwagon IF he is mafia. This should leave the mafia with roughly 2 voters left.

If he isn't mafia, then you can all ignore me.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 7:27:26 AM
At 5/23/2013 7:23:08 AM, drafterman wrote:
Let's get dat johnny claim.

VTL Johnny

what are your thoughts on the likelihood of him being mafia?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 7:35:42 AM
At 5/23/2013 7:27:26 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 5/23/2013 7:23:08 AM, drafterman wrote:
Let's get dat johnny claim.

VTL Johnny

what are your thoughts on the likelihood of him being mafia?

1 in 3

DEAD
Danielle/Zaradi - Dianna Grimm - Tracker/Watcher - Mafia
TheAntidoter - John Manuelito - 1x Cult/Roleblocker - 3P

FULL CLAIM
Lucky - Abraham Thorn - JOAT
Khaos_Mage - Maximillion King - Infiltrator (Cop)
Smithereens - Darla Dearborn - Miller
Rocket - Charlie - Odd-night Watcher
drafterman - Geming Chu - Politician

ROLE CLAIM

CHARACTER CLAIM
FourTrouble - Innocent Pritchard
FrackJack - Alexandra Quick
Lannan13 - Livia

UNCLAIMED
1. TUF
6. Budda
9. Johnny
11. Yraelz
14. Noumena
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 7:50:01 AM
To be clear, I'm not simply throwing out the default "1 in 3" chance of anyone being mafia; that only holds at the beginning of the game.

With 15 players, you figure 5 scum. One of which we know is 3P, so 4 mafia. So that establishes a base of 4 in 15 of being mafia. We lost a mafia and 3P last night, so that makes it 3 in 13. I buy Khaos, Smith, and Frack as town (as well as myself) making it 3 in 9, or 1 in 3.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 7:53:11 AM
At 5/23/2013 6:40:35 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Just some thoughts that interest me, but none of these is any reason to vote:

People who jumped on the Khaos_mage bandwagon (in order):
Noumena, lannan

People who jumped on the TA bandwagon (in order):
Noumena, FrackJack, LargaFavra, lannan, Rocket, Fourtrouble

I want to point out lannan13. Usually as mafia Lannan will wait before voting for a person regardless of them being scum or not. As town he is more direct and votes for people who he thinks is scum regardless of what everyone else is doing. In this game both his votes so far have been for people who have already had a number of votes on them. Of particular interest is Khaos. Lannan and Noumena both voted for Khaos at the beginning of the game, then at the end of the game, Lannan simply switched over to TA, no explanation given. This leads me to believe that they had been sorting this out in their mafia pm. Lannan jumped on the reasoning given by FT to vote against Khaos, and didn't withdraw his vote until he confirmed that TA was beyond saving.

FoS Lannan

If we watch Lannan's voting, he will be forced to come up with good reasoning to vote or not vote at all. If he tries to come up with good reasons, we can catch him out as scum, if he doesn't vote, we can catch him out as scum. If he bandwagons we can lynch him. By carefully observing lannan, we can effectively remove one of the mafia from voting on the bandwagon IF he is mafia. This should leave the mafia with roughly 2 voters left.

If he isn't mafia, then you can all ignore me.

This is probably one of the best posts I've seen written from you.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 7:53:47 AM
I am the clockwork golem. I am bulletproof. Thought I should claim before I am inevitably pressured.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 9:09:37 AM
At 5/23/2013 7:51:36 AM, RocketEngineer wrote:
I watched FourTrouble last Night, who was visited by lannan.

Tip: Generally you should keep results to yourself unless they lead to confirming someone (as Town or Mafia). Information like this doesn't help Town (yet), but lets the mafia know that Lannan has an active role (if he's Town). So you aren't helping Town but are potentially helping the Mafia.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 10:51:21 AM
I tried targeting Lucky last night but apparently couldn't find him. That means either I was roleblocked or Lucky is untargetable.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 11:44:24 AM
At 5/23/2013 11:06:43 AM, drafterman wrote:
Let's hear from lannan, first.

Unvote. VTL Lannan

I'm the doctor, the reason that I haven't talked much is because I was a little confused on how the roles were set-up.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 11:45:21 AM

I'm the doct, and though I don't like the guy, I protected him because he seemed most likely to be town.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 11:48:09 AM
At 5/23/2013 11:45:21 AM, lannan13 wrote:

I'm the doct, and though I don't like the guy, I protected him because he seemed most likely to be town.

Not the UnCC'd cop?!
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 11:50:03 AM
Lanna's claim matches up with a doc, (I remember looking it up last phase). I imagine any real doc would have CC'd him. So I buy this for now.

Back to johnny.

Unvote. VTL Johnny
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 11:51:40 AM
Right now, I'm leaning toward FT being the target of a Ninja kill, Lannan protected him and Lucky was either untargetable or FT was redirected.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 11:54:20 AM
At 5/23/2013 11:49:18 AM, drafterman wrote:
inb4 you claim to not know what a cop does.

I know what a cop does -_-

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 11:55:21 AM
VTL Johnny
I guess we should here from him, I actually haven't seen him in a while so this should be interestin'.

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 11:55:52 AM
At 5/23/2013 11:54:20 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Why did you protect FT over Khaos?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 11:58:07 AM
At 5/23/2013 11:55:52 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 5/23/2013 11:54:20 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Why did you protect FT over Khaos?

Because he seemed more town to me, plus I only caught the end so if Khaos is proven to be more town that's my bad.