Jump to topic:

How the hell do you play Forum games

jdog2016
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 3:51:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I look at them, and just don't understand......... if someone could make an orderly, and in depth 'instruction manual for me, that would be amazing. :)
JDoG
TameHumanoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 3:53:08 PM
I just joined today and felt the same way but I saw this int he yellow section place of the Games forums: http://www.debate.org...

It is very confusing at first and will take you two or three reads. for me, only two though because I read slowly. :)

I find the number of possible roles extremely confusing to handle haha.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 4:14:42 PM
I am working on doing a video tutorial for mafia, with several other veterans. With any luck it will be finished in a couple of weeks. Until then, please PM me with any questions you have.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 6:12:25 PM
At 5/24/2013 4:14:42 PM, TUF wrote:
I am working on doing a video tutorial for mafia, with several other veterans. With any luck it will be finished in a couple of weeks. Until then, please PM me with any questions you have.

Awkward...
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 6:17:34 PM

Wasn't there supposed to be an update to TVellalott's mafia guide, or a DDO Mafia wiki?
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 6:18:30 PM
Forum games for some is just a way to worship and use the desire to exult an Omnipotent being without contradicting themselves for being an atheist. For normal people, it's just something fun to do.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 1:00:00 AM
At 5/24/2013 6:17:34 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Wasn't there supposed to be an update to TVellalott's mafia guide, or a DDO Mafia wiki?
F-16, drafterman and I had set out some things we'd like to achieve as a sort of 'mafia council' some time ago. I wanted to completely revamp and expand upon the mafia guide above and make something much more comprehensive.
I called, asking all players to help me with it. I wanted contributions from the whole community. Even if only a simple summary of what they thought 'mafia' was.
I was almost completely ignored, my enthusiasm plummeted and it sits, incomplete, in my Google Docs waiting for me to revisit it.

I also paid once, out of my own pocket, for a year of hosting for a mafia wiki. askbob did 95% of the work, but he got banned, nobody else gave two fvcks about it and I let the hosting expire.

In my years of playing mafia I could count on one hand the people who actually put work (that is, not modding, not playing) into the community.

TUF: Are you really making a video tutorial? Cool. :) Maybe I'll need to grow another finger. ;)
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 2:52:23 AM
@ TV I am sorry to hear people ignored you. I most certainly would be interested in a comprehensive mafia wiki and if you ever feel the need to revisit it I will help. Yes I am creating a video tutorial. The reason is that I feel joins are less inclined to come and play when they ask how to play, and are instantly given a link with a huge page for them to read. A lot of people may not have an incentive to learn how to play. As opposed to simply watching a video, where it step by step teaches people. Most people are auditory learners as opposed to a fairly smaller number of people who are visual learners. I am going to create a test as well, to check on learning. A noob who scores 90% or more on the test proving they watched and understood my videos will be able to play in my game, as opposed to making the noob wait until the next beginner games come around.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 2:58:07 AM
At 5/24/2013 6:12:25 PM, drafterman wrote:

Awkward...

I guess you are not accepting messages right now but I would like if you could help with some lesson plans for behavior analysis
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 3:03:10 AM
At 5/27/2013 2:58:07 AM, TUF wrote:

Awkward...

I guess you are not accepting messages right now but I would like if you could help with some lesson plans for behavior analysis

Are there any psychologists on DDO?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 5:17:05 AM
At 5/27/2013 3:03:10 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 5/27/2013 2:58:07 AM, TUF wrote:

Awkward...

Are there any psychologists on DDO?

Every mafia player
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 6:57:37 AM
At 5/27/2013 2:55:02 AM, Smithereens wrote:
That's a touching story by TV there ^

Get fvcked.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 4:28:15 PM
At 5/27/2013 6:57:37 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 5/27/2013 2:55:02 AM, Smithereens wrote:
That's a touching story by TV there ^

Get fvcked.

^ This guy ran for president.