TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 8:00:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
New role ideas
INVESTIGATIVE
1.Security Guard- Each night can target a player. You will learn of all players who visit the player you targeted, and can approve and deny access to your targeted player. Players denied access will be told their action didn"t go through. Mafia/town sided role.
2.Palm Reader- Once per game, can see how many of each type of role there is in the game. EX: 3 communicative, 1 investigative, 2 protect, 1 killing, etc. Town sided role
3.The suicidal maniac- You can Sacrifice yourself or another team mate, to reveal all town roles to your mafia team. Mafia sided role.
4.Grammar Nazi- During the Night Phsae you will find out how many grammar mistakes mafia made in the DP. "Town side role.
5.Neighborhood watch- Similar to the dreamer and the sensor. Once per game, may choose 3 players, and will be informed how many of those players are mafia.
6.Alarm setter- place 3 alarms on 3 players. If a mafia member visits one of those players, you will be told an alarm has gone off on ____. Town sided role.
7.The Private investigator- place two tracking devices on two players. You will learn of their movements for the rest of the game. "Town sided role.
PROTECTIVE
1.Bad Doctor- Each night you can protect two players. If either players are targeted for the NK, you will temporarily save them for one day, but they will die during the next NP. Town sided role.
2.The Pope- One time throughout the entire game, you may give a player a blessing. That player will be immune to all negative actions including kills (doesn"t count lynches). They cannot use this on self. Town sided role.
3.The Good Samaritan- One time during the game, you may choose to give up your lynch vote permanently to make a player bulletproof. Town sided role.
4.Kidnapper- Each night you may kidnap a player, protecting them and placing them in a PM with you. You will be given an alternate account to PM that player, hiding your identity. Town sided role. Idea stolen from EM"s version of the jailer.
5.The skunk- Spray a player each night phase. The player will stink so bad, that no one will be able to visit that player during that night phase.

TAMPERING/MIS-INFORMATION
1.Uninvited visitor- Each night you can choose a player, and make it appear as if they visited another player (of your choosing). Tracker and watcher results will be affected by your role. Mafia/3rd party sided role.
2.Nosy Neighbor- May pick a number and a player. Will learn the word of its sequence in accordance with the number you choose. For example, if they choose 7, they will learn the seventh word in the player they targeted"s role PM. All sided role.
3.The Troll- Each night may target a player and mess with their speech. The next day phase, the player will only be able to speak using lyrics from an artist of your choice. Mafia/3rd party sided role.
4.The drug dealer- One time throughout the game, may kill a player. The player killed will flip in the graveyard as a mafia goon, and the dealer will take over that players role, but keep his affiliation. Mafia sided role.

PASSIVE
1.Paranoid watcher- Will see every player that visits them in the night. Town sided role.
2.Nice PGO- The first time a player visits you, you will give them a warning. The second time they visit you they will die. "Town sided role.
3.The wimp- Will be told they are vanilla. Their vote will not affect mafia members. Town sided role.
4.Naive child- Will be told they are vanilla. Mafia players votes will not effect them. Town sided role.
5.The wuss- Will be told they are vanilla. Mafia players cannot vote them, and they cannot vote mafia players. Town sided role.
6.The attention whore- Needs someone to visit them each night. If the player goes one night without being visited, they will lose their vote. If the go two consecutive nights in a row without being visited, they die. Town sided role.
7.The CEO- (variant of the beloved princess) If the CEO is lynched, all town players will suffer poverty, and become vanillas. If the CEO is night killed, the mafia will all become goons, with just a normal night kill. Town sided role.

KILLING
1.Ticking time bomb- Can place a bomb on any player you want in the DP. The second player to place their vote on that player will explode in a fiery explosion. All sided role.
2.The infected- You may cough on a player at the beginning of the game. That player will be sick. That player can cough on another player during the next NP, curing themselves and passing the sickness onto another player. Whoever is sick on NP4 will die. All sided role.
3.The Shameful vig- each night can target a player to kill. If a town player is killed by the vig, than the vig loses his kill.

COMMUNICATIVE
1.The doomsayer- Each night may post up to 1000 Character"s in a message to be posted in the OP by the moderator. Town/3rd party sided role.
2.The snitch- Can exchange messages with the mafia sent through the mod. The mafia and the snitch will remain anonymous to each other. 3rd party sided role.
3.The optional mason- Can try to recruit a player into the mason each night phase. The player will get the option to join the Mason PM, but must forfeit their night action for that night in order to join. Town sided role.
OTHER
1.The historical politician- Each Day phase may place a dead players vote on any living player they choose. The dead player will not have control over their vote, but will be able to voice their thoughts in that day phase until it is over. Town/ 3rd party sided role.
2.The pathological liar- Can tell nothing but lies during the day phase. Upon telling the truth, the pathological liar will die. Information unknown to the pathological liar, doesn"t count as a lie, but the player should ask mod permission before saying things that could potentially be interpreted as the truth. Town sided role (intended as a mis-lynch).
3.The undecided- Can change affiliations to whatever team they want once per night phase. Player will investigate according to whatever team he is currently on if investigated. This player will not count as a number towards whatever affiliation he chooses, but will win with the last team he has chosen when the endgame happens. 3rd party sided role.
4.Deteriorator- Starts off as a popluar townie, and bulletproof. During Np2, will lose popular townie ability. During NP3, Bulletproof will wear off. During NP4, will become voteless. During NP5 will become a miller. During NP6 becomes a lighting rod, attracting all negative actions. During NP7 the player dies. Town sided role.
5.Upgrader- Starts out voteless, and vanilla. Np 1 player will gain vote. Np2 Player will become bullet proof. NP3 Player will become popular townie. NP4 Player will become un-lynchable. NP5 player becomes a sensor. Player cannot upgrade further. "Town sided/3rd party role.
6.The choice giver- Each night you may select a player. You will give this player two pills, a red pill and a blue pill, and will decide which one is poisoned. The player must choose one pill. If they choose the poisoned pill they die. If they choose the other pill, they will be protected for that night phase. If you have two victims swallow the protective pill, you become town. If you have two victims swallow the poison pill, you become mafia. -3rd party sided role.
7.Asmodeus- During one Day Phase of your choice, you may freeze players votes, and un-freeze them as much as you want. If a players vote is frozen, it will stay on the last player they voted until unfrozen. Mafia/3rd party sided role.
8.Truth syrum- Once during the game, you may shoot a player with a truth syrum dart. That player will only be able to tell the truth throughout the remainder of the game. Upon telling a lie, the player will die. Town sided role.
9.The Phantom- May post, and vote in the game under an alternate account, as well as their original account. Phantom will dis-appear on DP3. Town/3rd party rol
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 8:01:22 AM
10.Fortune teller- Make three predictions about the game prior to the start of the game. If 2/3 of those predictions happen, you will win the game. Can also win by surviving. 3rd party sided role.
11.Terrorist- Similar to the baker. Upon dying through being lynched, will tie first place with the winning team. After dying, everyone will be given a bomb. The bomb will go off 3 nights after the terrorists death. Every player still holding a bomb will explode. Players may pass the bomb on to another player each night. Players who have multiple bombs can only give away one at a time. The mafia will lose their night kill permanently if the terrorist dies. All players will be informed of the existence of the terrorist. 3rd party sided role.
12.The hypnotist- Each day phase the hypnotist may target a player. If the hypnotist tells that player to do something, the player must do as the hypnotist says. Town/3rd party role.
13.The bandwagoner- Chooses a player at the beginning of the game. The bandwagoners" vote will automatically be placed on whoever that player votes for. If the bandwagoners targeted player dies, then they may choose a new player.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 8:02:06 AM
42 roles I made during down time at work. Might use roles off this list in my next mafia game.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 11:16:24 AM
At 5/27/2013 10:46:05 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Wimp, Naive Child and wuss will give away the mafia by voting each player one by one and asking for a votecount.

Except they're told they are vanilla so they'd have to figure it out first

Oh, umm, I'm totally jacking some of these roles for future games cause most of them are awesome
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 11:26:54 AM
At 5/27/2013 11:16:24 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Wimp, Naive Child and wuss will give away the mafia by voting each player one by one and asking for a votecount.

Except they're told they are vanilla so they'd have to figure it out first

Oh, umm, I'm totally jacking some of these roles for future games cause most of them are awesome

They break the game, nonetheless.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 11:28:23 AM
- Paranoid watcher is the same as self watcher.
- One shot at the CEO all but destroys the mafia.
- If deteriorator attracts kills during NP6, they will likely die then.

-> Shameful vig is pretty awesome.
-> Optional mason is another cool one.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 11:36:25 AM
Budda, when their vote doesn't show up in the vote count, it will be obvious.

I love these roles. Might use one or two of them in my upcoming game if you are okay with it TUF.

I used what you call "unvisited visitor" before.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 3:09:55 PM
Overall, it seems like many are good additions.
If I may add one:

ROOKIE: Each night phase, select two players. Both will be investigated for affiliation; however, only one affiliation will be correct.
My work here is, finally, done.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 4:22:24 PM
At 5/27/2013 11:28:23 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
- Paranoid watcher is the same as self watcher.

I don't think I have seen this one before.

- One shot at the CEO all but destroys the mafia.

Does the town too

- If deteriorator attracts kills during NP6, they will likely die then.

?

-> Shameful vig is pretty awesome.
-> Optional mason is another cool one.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 4:23:34 PM

Yeah they are a little powerful if people know what's going on with that. The idea would be that people might not know what's going on with the vote. But obviously I couldn't use these roles now that people know the flavor.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 4:23:58 PM
At 5/27/2013 11:16:24 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

Go ahead :)
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 4:26:50 PM
At 5/27/2013 11:36:25 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Budda, when their vote doesn't show up in the vote count, it will be obvious.

I love these roles. Might use one or two of them in my upcoming game if you are okay with it TUF.

Sure. :)

I used what you call "unvisited visitor" before.

Really? Some of these roles are't exactly new. After doing a bit of research I found some of them pre-existed elsewhere by someone else. A lot of people on EM have thought some of these up already as well, I noticed, but with different names, or a slight different mechanic to the role.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 4:27:35 PM
At 5/27/2013 12:35:23 PM, drafterman wrote:
I started going through making a commentary, but there are too many roles I like. Very nice list.

Thanks!
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 10:07:08 PM
At 5/27/2013 8:00:44 AM, TUF wrote:
9.The Phantom- May post, and vote in the game under an alternate account

I would run this role as:

The Phantom - You have two votes. The second is placed via your role pm and will show up as "The Phantom" on vote counts. You may change it whenever you would like.

It would probably be a third party of some sorts.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 10:30:42 PM
At 5/27/2013 10:07:08 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 5/27/2013 8:00:44 AM, TUF wrote:
9.The Phantom- May post, and vote in the game under an alternate account

I would run this role as:

The Phantom - You have two votes. The second is placed via your role pm and will show up as "The Phantom" on vote counts. You may change it whenever you would like.

It would probably be a third party of some sorts.

That would probably work too. I just thought it would be fun for people to WIFOM around the phantom and try to figure it out who he is.