Total Posts:293|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Romance of the Three Kingdoms Mafia DP2

Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 11:18:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Royal replaced Johnny.
Drafter Replaced Frack.
F-16 Replaced TA.
Budda replaced Danielle.


Dead Last DP

Ishall - You are Gongsun Zan. Proper Judgment is as fundamental as honor for you. You once fought alongside Liu Bei during the Yellow Turban Rebellion (These events predate Dong Zhuo"s reign of terror and are not included in the requested reading, but are referenced in Chapter 5). Afterwards you recommended Liu Bei become the magistrate of Pingyuan, an honor he was granted as a result. Then you defend Zhang Fei and Guan Yu"s presence at the Han"s war councils of Tiger Trap Pass (Chapter 5). As a result of your impeccable judge of character, you are the Cop. Every night you may investigate one player and discover their affiliation. You win with the Han.

Dead in the Night

Budda(1) - You are Wei Hong. Wealth is the name of the game. Your family is excessively rich, so much so that you are able to fund the entire Han army (Chapter 5). You are the Resupplier. Every night you may target one player and grant them the supplies for two more night actions. You do not require supplies to act. You win with the Han.

Drafter(1) - You are Yuan Shao. Respect radiates from your presence. You are named as the Commander of the Han Confederacy (Chapter 5). As such, you have the responsibility of resupplying the generals during the battle of Tiger Trap Pass (Chapter 5). You are the Resupplier. Every night you may target one player and grant them the supplies for two more night actions. Due to your remarkable intel, you are able to determine that Sun Jian is malicious and violent. As a result of your informants, you will never send supplies to a guilty player. In addition, you determine that Sun Jian is lying to you about the Imperial Hereditary Seal (Chapter 6) and that he is a traitor. You are the Cop. Every night you may investigate one player and discover their affiliation. You do not require supplies to act. You win with the Han.

Other Dead People

Royal(1) - Li Su - Mason Recruiter - Han

Living Players

1. TUF
2. OneElephant
3. RocketEngineer
4. FlippantBuoyancy
5. Skepsikyma
6. Royal
7. Khaos
8. Logic
9. F-16
10. Drafter
11. Budda

With 11 players remaining, it takes 6 votes to lynch. This DP ends on Friday, at 8pm DDO Time. This is a longer DP than normal because there is an overall increase in the quality of players at this point, so I hope to see that this game becomes rejuvinated.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 11:27:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
As a heads up, I visited a dead guy last night. My action "failed." I don't think it means that I was roleblocked because I checked with Mestari to see whether I ended up visiting that person and he said that I did. Also, my supply was used up despite my action failing.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 11:29:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/27/2013 11:27:32 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
As a heads up, I visited a dead guy last night. My action "failed." I don't think it means that I was roleblocked because I checked with Mestari to see whether I ended up visiting that person and he said that I did. Also, my supply was used up despite my action failing.

To clarify, I visited someone that died last night, not a dead body.
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 11:58:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I got two units of supplies, I am assuming as a result of budda. Thanks
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 12:02:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am the horse. Each night I can target two players and stop them from performing negative actions from going through. I targetted drafter and logic. Keep in mind that I never really caught up in this game. Also I thought we were on DP3 but I may be wrong.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 12:10:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I wrote up a huge long post giving hints about my role but I just realized Skep claimed bodyguard. I am also a bodyguard. I am Zu Mao.

- My character is a general who is present at Tiger Trap pass.
- Resists Dong Zhou's evil.
- Brave and courageous yet forced to flee with my general Sun Jian.
- I give my headpiece to Sun Jian's and he gives me his purple turban and silver helmet.
- Doing this causes me to save the general's life at the expense of mine.
- TA bodyguarded Danielle NP1. I bodyguarded drafterman(1) on NP2. It failed.
- I have never heard of Romance of the Three Kingdoms before but I'll try to update myself as much as I can from the wiki. If anyone knows about the topic, their leadership and insights about the theme would be much appreciated.

This was part of my original analysis before I realized that Skep and I had the same role.

As I mentioned, my role PM implies that Sun Jian is town. Skepsikyma says in DP1 that his role PM "insinuates" that Cao Cao is town. This makes me believe Skepsikyma himself is also town.

Something to consider is that I doubt Mestari would just straight up confirm two characters as town (Cao Cao and Sun Jian) so there is probably a catch somewhere. Maybe they don't exist in the game for instance. However, Skepsikyma reads town to me for that statement
.

At this point, I am almost certain Skep is town.

@ FB, please sign off each of your posts with your screenname. I don't want to quote every post and ask who wrote it. It is just too much work.

I am a little puzzled at Logic's DP1 posts. Exactly what is to be accomplished by listing all the town and scum characters before most claims are out?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 12:15:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/28/2013 12:06:31 AM, RocketEngineer wrote:
Last night I jailed TA.

Normally jailing implies that the person you jailed will be unable to visit anyone. Lucky clearly told me that I had visited drafterman(1) and that my action failed.

This means that either:

- Someone roleblocked you
- You are scum
- You are a naive jailer

Can you claim your character?
FlippantBuoyancy
Posts: 447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 12:20:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
We're Liu Bei btw, the guy mentioned in ishall's role. I figure it's time we claim at this point.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 12:23:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/28/2013 12:19:17 AM, FlippantBuoyancy wrote:
F-16, I dunno if you read drafter's role or not but it states Sun Jian is evil.

I hadn't. That's odd. My character's "camp" was attacked and my character ran away with Sun Jian. Sun Jian was one of the generals there and my character protects him. Not sure what to make of that. Have you read the story? Perhaps someone with knowledge of the story will be able to shed light on it.
RocketEngineer
Posts: 553
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 12:27:41 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/28/2013 12:15:37 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 5/28/2013 12:06:31 AM, RocketEngineer wrote:
Last night I jailed TA.

Normally jailing implies that the person you jailed will be unable to visit anyone. Lucky clearly told me that I had visited drafterman(1) and that my action failed.

This means that either:

- Someone roleblocked you
- You are scum
- You are a naive jailer

Can you claim your character?

Zheng Fei.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 12:32:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
DEAD
1) royal(1) - Li Su - Mason Recruiter - Town
2) Ishall - Gongsun Zan - Cop - Town
3) Budda(1) - Wei Hong - Resupplier - Town
4) Drafterman(1) - Yuan Shao - Resupplier/Cop - Town

FULL CLAIM
1) Skepsikyma - Cao Hong - Bodyguard
2) F-16 (TA) - Zu Mao - Bodyguard
3) RocketEngineer - Zheng Fei - Jailkeeper

CHARACTER CLAIM
4) Logic - Cao Cao
5) Flippant - Liu Bei

UNCLAIMED
6) TUF
7) OneElephant
8) Royal(2) (Johnny)
9) Khaos (Zaradi)
10) lannan13
11) Drafter(2) (Frack)
12) Budda(2) (Danielle)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 12:38:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
DEAD
1) royal(1) - Li Su - Mason Recruiter - Town
2) Ishall - Gongsun Zan - Cop - Town
3) Budda(1) - Wei Hong - Resupplier - Town
4) Drafterman(1) - Yuan Shao - Resupplier/Cop - Town

FULL CLAIM
1) Skepsikyma - Cao Hong - Bodyguard
2) F-16 (TA) - Zu Mao - Bodyguard
3) RocketEngineer - Zheng Fei - Jailkeeper

CHARACTER CLAIM
4) Logic - Cao Cao
5) Flippant - Liu Bei

UNCLAIMED
6) TUF
7) OneElephant
8) Royal(2) (Johnny)
9) Khaos (Zaradi)
10) Drafter(2) (Frack)
11) Budda(2) (Danielle)
RocketEngineer
Posts: 553
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 12:39:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/28/2013 12:34:54 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Never mind. I found out you jailed Drafter(1).

Why did you choose me (TA) to jail last night?

I thought the mafia would try to target a player who wasn't likely to be protected. That's what I would have done if I were mafia. So based on TA's inactivity, and normal behavior, I thought he was a good pick.
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 12:41:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/28/2013 12:38:53 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
DEAD
1) royal(1) - Li Su - Mason Recruiter - Town
2) Ishall - Gongsun Zan - Cop - Town
3) Budda(1) - Wei Hong - Resupplier - Town
4) Drafterman(1) - Yuan Shao - Resupplier/Cop - Town

FULL CLAIM
1) Skepsikyma - Cao Hong - Bodyguard
2) F-16 (TA) - Zu Mao - Bodyguard
3) RocketEngineer - Zheng Fei - Jailkeeper

CHARACTER CLAIM
4) Logic - Cao Cao
5) Flippant - Liu Bei

UNCLAIMED
6) TUF
7) OneElephant
8) Royal(2) (Johnny)
9) Khaos (Zaradi)
10) Drafter(2) (Frack)
11) Budda(2) (Danielle)

At 5/28/2013 12:02:19 AM, TUF wrote:
I am the horse. Each night I can target two players and stop them from performing negative actions from going through. I targetted drafter and logic. Keep in mind that I never really caught up in this game. Also I thought we were on DP3 but I may be wrong.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 12:45:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
@ Rocket, okay. That makes sense.

@ TUF, define "negative" actions. Did Lucky say anything about what constitutes a negative action? Did you ask? If not, can you ask now?
FlippantBuoyancy
Posts: 447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 12:45:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/28/2013 12:39:56 AM, RocketEngineer wrote:
I thought the mafia would try to target a player who wasn't likely to be protected. That's what I would have done if I were mafia. So based on TA's inactivity, and normal behavior, I thought he was a good pick.

Putting aside the fact this is pure WIFOM, who did you think mafia would think would be protected?

For the record, mafia typically target threats. That means power roles, or people who suspect them, or just good players. And as a jailer, you should be thinking less in terms of protection and more in terms of roleblocking. At least that's how I'd use the role.
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 12:51:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/28/2013 12:46:04 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Does your character have a name or just "the horse?" Also, does your role have a name?

Just the horse. No name on my role.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 12:54:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/28/2013 12:45:09 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
@ TUF, define "negative" actions. Did Lucky say anything about what constitutes a negative action? Did you ask? If not, can you ask now?

I assume negative actions are like kills, redirects, roleblocks, vote steals, etc.

I actually have a lot of questions about my role that I keep wanting to ask but haven't yet. Like: Does it only work if both of them target each other, or if it only prevents them from performing negative actions towards other players outside of my target.

Lucky, if you could answer these in my role PM please.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227