AQ Mafia DP3

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 9:26:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Last night, FrackJack was murdered.

FrackJack-: You are Alexandra Quick, the main character of the series. As a result of your lack of proper parenting, you have developed an independent streak that causes you to mistrust adults and rely on your own abilities to protect yourself. This was demonstrated throughout the series, particularly when you attempted to discover your father's identity, when you tricked your brother into taking you on his mission to the Lands Below, when you took it upon yourself to rescue your brother from death, when you rescued one of your friends from the Deathly Regiment, and when you set out to hunt John Manuelito when you believed that no adult was willing to help protect you. You are the vigilante. Each night, select up to one player and kill her.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 9:26:56 PM
Excerpt:

The administrative wing was crowded at this time of year. Many students were coming to see deans to appeal grades assigned during the semester, defend themselves against accusations of cheating, or request schedule changes. There was a line of students in front of Miss Marmsley's portrait, and when Alexandra reached the front, the school secretary was too busy to look down her nose at her. She merely said, "The Dean is downstairs at the moment. Go wait on the bench. She'll see you in a few minutes."

Alexandra walked down the hall to the bench in front of the Dean's office. Dean Price hurried past with a large iron box floating behind her. "Excuse me, Miss Quick," she said brusquely. The box had a gargoyle face engraved into one end of it which leered and stuck a wrought-iron tongue out at Alexandra as it floated after the Assistant Dean.

Alexandra looked around the hallway rather than sitting down. Old photographs of Charmbridge Academy, past teachers, and famous alumni hung there, along with plaques for awards students had won over the years.

There was another girl already sitting on the bench in front of the Dean's office door " a little sixth grader with black hair in dreadlocks, wearing velvety red robes. She was trying very hard not cry, and looked as if she were going to be ill.

Alexandra wondered what the girl had done. Something serious, if Dean Grimm was seeing her instead of Dean Price.

"Don't worry," she said, "Dean Grimm isn't actually that bad."

The girl turned her face up toward Alexandra, and her wide, fearful eyes shined hopefully. Either the younger girl didn't recognize her, or she was more terrified of the Dean than she was of the notorious daughter of the Enemy. "Really? I've never been in trouble before, I swear! I'm a good witch! Those cookies weren't my fault " I didn't mean for anyone to actually eat them!"

Alexandra wasn't sure what to say to that.

The girl's eyes darted around, then she lowered her voice to a whisper. "Everyone says the Dean turns students into animals to punish them. That isn't true, is it?"

Alexandra hesitated. "I don't think she does it very often."

The girl's eyes went wide again. Just then, Alexandra caught movement at the end of the hallway. There was a black cat standing at the foot of the stairs.

The girl saw the cat, too. She sniffled and wiggled her fingers. "Here, kitty, kitty."

"That's the Dean's cat," Alexandra said.

The girl put her hands over her mouth.

"It's just a cat." Alexandra walked over to Galen. "You're a troublesome cat."

Galen meowed at her but didn't object to being picked up. The cat purred in her arms, and Alexandra was about to turn back to the girl on the bench when she looked up the stairs and saw a closed door at the top. She could just make out the letters printed on the door: 'Registrar's Office.'

She looked around again. No other deans were outside their offices. The girl on the bench was hunched over with her face in her hands.

Without spending any time to think about what she was doing, Alexandra walked quickly upstairs. She looked down the hall at the top of the stairs and saw no one, though she could hear voices through a couple of open doors.

The Registrar's Scroll was behind the door in front of her. It will only take a minute " in and out. She set Galen down and drew her wand, shushing the cat as it meowed at her. She tested the door to the Registrar's Office, found it locked, and opened it with an Unlocking Charm, just as she had three years earlier.

Galen stood in the doorway, tail held high, as Alexandra slid inside and reached up to the shelf where the wooden case containing the Registrar's Scroll sat. She was just able to reach it. She dragged it off the shelf and set it down on the small table that was the only piece of furniture in the room besides the counters and bookshelves.

She lifted the lid off the plain wooden box and found the large roll of parchment spooled between two wooden spindles. She took the scroll out of its case and set it on the table. The names on the parchment were barely visible in the light falling on it from the half-open door.

She glanced again down the hallway, then whispered, "Show me Livia Pruett, Class of... um, I don't know."

She wasn't sure what would happen if she didn't specify the year, or if there had been more than one Livia Pruett enrolled at Charmbridge Academy, but the scroll began spooling quickly. Names and years flew past: 2005...2000...1995... then it slowed and came to a halt halfway through the class of 1994. There was the name in black and white: 'Livia Justina Pruett.'

It had been foolish to take this risk just to satisfy her curiosity on a hunch, but Alexandra felt a strange sense of vindication. So she was not the first daughter of Abraham Thorn to attend Charmbridge Academy.

She was about to put the scroll away, but hesitated. "Show me... Claudia Carolina Quick."

She held her breath, waiting for the scroll to move. But it didn't.

So much for that, she thought. Every second increased her risk, but she couldn't resist one more: "Show me Lilith Grimm."

She had no idea whether Dean Grimm had attended Charmbridge. But the scroll moved. It rolled backward several years from Livia's class, and revealed the name 'Lilith Tisiphone Grimm.'

"Huh." Alexandra leaned closer. The names above and below Lilith Grimm were 'Morgan Thomas Greeves' and 'Geryon Heathcliff Grimmald.'

"Show me Diana Alecto Grimm," she said.

The scroll didn't move.

Had Diana gone to a different school? Maybe her sister was the smart one.

She put the scroll back into its case and set the case back on the shelf, then exited the Registrar's Office, locking the door behind her. Galen darted between her legs as she hurried downstairs. Her heart raced and she was flushed with excitement, as she always was when getting away with something. It had been a stupid thing to do, a spontaneous impulse, but "

The sixth grader was gone. Alexandra crept back to the bench and saw light through the opaque glass in the door. She sat down and waited. Galen jumped up into her lap. Surprised, Alexandra stroked the cat.

After several minutes, the little girl opened the door, face miserable and eyes swollen. Dean Grimm was standing behind her, wearing black robes like an executioner. Trembling, the girl walked away without a word or a glance in Alexandra's direction.

"Miss Quick," said the Dean, "you were not here when I admitted Miss Dupree into my office."

"I was around the corner, getting Galen." Alexandra rose to her feet. "Ma'am."

She worried a little about Ms. Grimm's narrowed gaze. Then the Dean extended her arms and took Galen from her. "When you're told to wait outside my office, that does not mean wander up and down the hallway because you're bored." She said nothing as she walked back into the office.

Alexandra followed her, and stood at attention in front of the Dean's massive desk. Ms. Grimm sat down and inspected Alexandra's JROC uniform for a moment. "Do you know why you're here, Miss Quick?"

"No, ma'am. I really don't."

The Dean held up a piece of parchment that had been sitting half-curled on her desk. Alexandra recognized her own handwriting on it. It was her Citizenship Project proposal.

Ms. Grimm said, "Mrs. Middle sent this to me because she believed that this was your idea of a joke. I am inclined to think that in typical adolescent fashion, having mastered the art of simple sarcasm, you're now experimenting with the more aggravating possibilities of passive-aggressiveness. But I fear you may be serious."

"It's not a joke, ma'am. I am serious."

Ms. Grimm read from the parchment: "I will perform a valuable service to the Confederation by locating a dangerous criminal who was expelled from Charmbridge Academy for practicing Dark Arts and who is now a member of the Dark Convention. I intend to locate and bring to just
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 9:27:19 PM
"Should I bake cookies instead?" Alexandra asked. "I think HAGGIS is holding a fundraiser."

"You've become entirely too comfortable displaying your sharp tongue with me, Miss Quick." The Dean set the parchment down and smoothed it against the surface of her desk with long, polished nails. "I haven't assigned any pig detentions for a long time. Too many parental complaints. But that was before the WODAMND Act " now I have parents complaining that I've become too soft. And of course, your mother will hardly complain."

Alexandra thought about 'pig detention,' and kept her mouth shut.

The Dean tapped the parchment. "Did you honestly think this was a good idea?"

"I told you, ma'am, I'm serious."

Ms. Grimm closed her eyes for a moment, and let out a breath as she leaned back in her chair. Her hands slid off the table to her familiar, who was still sitting in her lap. "Miss Quick, your arrogance and lack of foresight will be your undoing. Had you thought this through, surely you would have realized that no adult at this school is going to approve of fourteen-year-olds hunting Dark Wizards."

"I've done a lot of things no one would have approved of, or thought I could do. And I'm going to find John Manuelito, whether or not Mrs. Middle approves it for my Citizenship Project."

The Dean's expression, which had become just a little bit softer, hardened again. Alexandra hurried out the rest of her words: "He's been trying to kill me, and no one else is doing anything. He seduced Darla! He joined the Dark Convention and I saw him in Chicago ""

"That's enough. Do you have proof of any of this, Miss Quick? How do you intend to find John Manuelito?"

Alexandra said nothing.

"What exactly was your plan?" The Dean's tone compelled an answer.

"I can't tell you, ma'am."

"You mean you won't tell me."

"I haven't done anything wrong! If I have to propose another Citizenship Project " that's not fair!" Alexandra realized that if her proposal wasn't approved, she would not get an 'A' in Confederation Citizenship and would not be able to take Advanced Magical Theory II next semester, no matter what she scored on her SPAWN. "How is catching a Dark Wizard less important than retouching portraits in the Governor's mansion or raising money for ASPEW or being a Congressman's intern?"

Ms. Grimm sat there thinking for a long time, while Alexandra held herself still. Finally, the Dean said, "You may be sincere, but you will not be pursuing any Dark Wizards. I assure you, you're quite wrong in thinking that no one else is doing anything about Mr. Manuelito. Or have you failed to notice that there have been no further attempts on your life?"

Alexandra didn't reply, unwilling to concede anything.

"My sister has put protective charms around your neighborhood in Larkin Mills," Ms. Grimm continued, "and Aurors will check the area while you are home over winter vacation."

Alexandra objected. "More monitoring of me?"

"Your stubbornness necessitates it. I have no doubt that left unsupervised, you would go looking for trouble. So remember that when you go home " you're being watched. For your own good."

Alexandra clenched her fists.

"I will ask Mrs. Middle to allow you to propose another service project for your class," Ms. Grimm said. "That is all, Miss Quick. Congratulations on your promotion."

Angrily, Alexandra saluted her and left.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 9:31:57 PM
Johnny was Gideon Dearborn, the Mafia lawyer.

List of Living Players:

1. TUF
2. drafterman
3. TheAntidoter
4. Budda
5. Lucky
6. Rocket
7. FourTrouble
8 Yraelz
9. Smithereens
10. lannan13
11. Noumena
12. Khaos_Mage (as long as mages don't outrank paladins)

About to Visit the Lands Beyond
1. Noumena (1/7)- Yraelz
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 9:54:13 PM
VTL Noumena
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 10:07:17 PM
At 5/28/2013 9:31:57 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
About to Visit the Lands Beyond
1. Noumena (1/7)- Yraelz

Jesus... >=(
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 10:10:07 PM
Dude Drafter, if you're going to commit someone's vote, then use the person's own vote against them. Why not make Noumena vote Noumena? You're just inhibiting my ability to help the town at this point.

Also you're masking reads from my vote, not useful.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 10:23:26 PM
At 5/28/2013 9:37:13 PM, drafterman wrote:
Is lannan still in the game? Maikuru said he'd join in as a replacement.

I asked Maikuru. He declined :( The next townie to die will replace lannan.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 11:00:32 PM
I decided to stay I the game. I'll go back and read Do2 but a summary would also be nice if possible. Just main actions though. I'll read the Dp over to compile reads if possible.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 11:24:03 PM
At 5/28/2013 11:11:13 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Claim.

Why?
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 11:33:39 PM
At 5/28/2013 10:58:27 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
We need votes on Budda. I don't even think he's claimed yet?

and?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 11:35:40 PM
Jus fvckin with ya FT :P

I'm Claudia Greene
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 11:38:06 PM
Finished reading.

@FT, I'm Quimley. That's my entire ne as it was given. I figure I don't want to be the last claim.

Reads coming up in a minute.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 11:42:44 PM
DEAD
Danielle/Zaradi - Dianna Grimm - Tracker/Watcher - Mafia
TheAntidoter - John Manuelito - 1x Cult/Roleblocker - 3P
Johnny- Gideon Dearborn- Lawyer- Mafia
Frack- Alexandra Quick- Vig- Town

FULL CLAIM
Lucky - Abraham Thorn - Commuter
Khaos_Mage - Maximillion King - Infiltrator (Cop)
Smithereens - Darla Dearborn - Miller
Rocket - Charlie - Odd-night Watcher
drafterman - Geming Chu - Politician
TUF - Clockwork Golem
Lannan13 - Livia - Doctor
FourTrouble - Innocent Pritchard - Roleblocker

ROLE CLAIM

CHARACTER CLAIM

Noumena- Quimley
Budda- Claudia Greene

UNCLAIMED
11. Yraelz
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 11:56:14 PM
Solid town:

Lannan- unCC'd doc
Rocket- claim is easily verifiable/falsifiable
Smithereens- newb enough that I believe he missed miller SOP
Khaos- only claimed investigator

Scum read:

Lucky- his Dp1 plan wholly contradicts a plan to draw in the mafia NK, I don't see a reason why we should presume he told the truth about being an every night commuter which is what most of his game balance defense hinges on.
Budda- fluffed suspicion out of next to nothing, defended (briefly) Johnny's hopelessly scum play last DP.

Null:

Yraelz
Tuf

50/50:

Drafter- the role gets me; though him and Lucky as scum mates doesn't make sense, hence the lack of a strong scum read; he's been more apt to argue with a single person through several pages as opposed to posting reads or genuonely working out game mechanics
FT- not much of a read. It's just his treatment of TA on Dp1. He tries to subdue pressure on him (based off a single "town" vote of his if I rember correctly) then hammered him without any explicit logic/reasoning in between. Fits with him as any anti-town affiliation really, even if not necessarily allied with TA.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 11:57:59 PM
Vtl Budda for role claim. After that we should get (1) yraelz' character (at the very least) and (2) lynch Lucky or Budda depending on Budda's role.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 11:59:15 PM
Drafter, what's yer read on Yraelz?
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2013 12:09:25 AM
At 5/28/2013 11:57:59 PM, Noumena wrote:
Vtl Budda for role claim. After that we should get (1) yraelz' character (at the very least) and (2) lynch Lucky or Budda depending on Budda's role.

Either you guys played this amazing well or I'm a genius for getting the last character claim spot. =)

I can anagram the entirety of my role at any time. However, I can assure you that it is in the towns interest to delay me unscrambling the information until as late as possible.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2013 12:28:00 AM
At 5/29/2013 12:25:42 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Dude, Budda and Noumena both need to role claim. I dunno what the fvck they are waiting for.

Khaos and Rocket night actions would also be advantageous.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2013 12:30:31 AM
At 5/29/2013 12:25:42 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Dude, Budda and Noumena both need to role claim. I dunno what the fvck they are waiting for.

I asked why you wanted my claim earlier but you didn't respond.