Romance of the Three Kingdoms Mafia DP4

Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 6:44:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Dead Last DP

Khaos - You are Sun Jian. Selfishness is engrained into the very fibers of your nature. Not only do you allow Zu Mao to die for you (Chapter 5), but you abandon the Han forces at the Battle of Tiger Trap Pass in order to pursue your own political goals (Chapter 6). It appears that you always allow somebody else to face the consequences of your actions and as such you are the Self-Redirector. Every night you may redirect night actions targeted at you towards another player. You win with the Han.

Dead in the Night

OneElephant - You are Han Fu. Obedience results in your role within the story. After the Battle of Tiger Trap Pass you provide supplies to Yuan Shao (Chapter 7). You are the Resupplier. Every night you may target one player and grant them the supplies for two more night actions. You do not require supplies to act. You win with the Han.

Drafter(2) - You are Dong Zhuo. Ambition is the driving force that lies behind great deeds. And great deeds are precisely the sort of happenings that you plan to perform. What better way of controlling the government than to control the people within it? Throughout your reign of terror you removed authority figures whom opposed your will and replaced them with more compliant fellows. This began when you dethroned Emperor Ling and positioned his younger brother, Liu Xian, the Prince of Chenliu, as the new emperor (Chapter 4). You are the Role Transferor. Every night you may choose two players. One player will lose their role for the duration of the NP, the other shall gain it. You may only strip each player of their role once. You win with Dong Zhuo.

Other Dead People

Royal(1) - Li Su - Mason Recruiter - Han
Ishall - Gongsun Zan - Cop - Han
Budda(1) - Wei Hong - Resupplier - Han
Drafter(1) - Cop/Resupplier - Han

Living Players

1. TUF
2. RocketEngineer
3. FlippantBuoyancy
4. Skepsikyma
5. Royal
6. Logic
7. F-16
8. Budda

With 8 players remaining, it takes 5 votes to lynch. The DP will end at 7pm DDO Time on Sunday.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 6:51:05 PM
How in the hell did we lynch Kaos last DP? Like how in the freakin' Hell. FOS every one that was on that lynch.

That was definitely mafia ridden.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 6:51:51 PM
That confirms logic's vig I guess, but I don't know about affiliation
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 6:54:15 PM
I was roleblocked last night. Also somehow all my supplies are gone.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 6:54:58 PM
About to be Executed by Royal Decree But Apparently Not By the Prime Minister Anymore

Royal - 1/5 - FT
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 6:58:05 PM
At 5/31/2013 6:51:05 PM, TUF wrote:
How in the hell did we lynch Kaos last DP? Like how in the freakin' Hell. FOS every one that was on that lynch.

You do realize that the overall plan netted us a mafia player in a 1:1 trade, correct? Khaos was considered acceptable collateral damage. FOS for this post.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 6:58:26 PM

That is a bit of a stretch don't you think? I do think there obviously was scum on the wagon but the decision of who to lynch was nowhere near clear cut. As to how he ended up lynched, reading the reasoning and analysis posted for his lynch should make it clear. In the end, it was basically a 50/50 shot.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 7:01:28 PM
At 5/31/2013 7:00:38 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 5/31/2013 6:55:53 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Royal and FT should full claim.

Liu Bei, watcher/tracker.

Results?
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 7:01:39 PM
At 5/31/2013 7:00:38 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 5/31/2013 6:55:53 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Royal and FT should full claim.

Liu Bei, watcher/tracker.

I tracked royal to drafter. I can only see one reason for that. drafter transferred one of the protective roles to royal, and she tried to stop Logic's kill.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 7:05:08 PM
Dead
1) royal(1) - Li Su - Mason Recruiter - Town
2) Ishall - Gongsun Zan - Cop - Town
3) Budda(1) - Wei Hong - Resupplier - Town
4) Drafterman(1) - Yuan Shao - Resupplier/Cop - Town
5) Khaos (Zaradi) - Sun Jian - Self Redirector - Town
6) Drafter(2) (Frack) - Dong Zhou - Role Transferer
7) OneElephant - Han Fu - Resupplier - Town

Full Claims
1) Skepsikyma - Cao Hong - Bodyguard
2) F-16 (TA) - Zu Mao - Bodyguard
3) RocketEngineer - Zheng Fei - Jailkeeper
4) TUF - Horse - Prevents negative actions x2
5) Logic - Cao Cao - People's vigilante
6) Budda(2) (Danielle) - Guan Yu - Back up to Liu Bei (FB)
7) Flippant - Liu Bei - Watcher/Tracker

UNCLAIMED
8) Royal(2) (Johnny)
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 7:05:39 PM
My protective night action went through, and I exhausted the last of my supplies. Can we hear from the other protective roles?
- Hilaire Belloc -
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 7:06:08 PM
I can't believe the utter stupidity of my words yesterday. To lynch Khaos... I failed to see the forest for the trees. An utter focus on Khaos' mistakes and Drafter's seeming town play, yet a foolish ignorance of the blinding obvious - Khaos CC'd Drafter. What a fool I was. No wonder I'm one of the worst active Mafia players on DDO. No wonder I can hardly trust myself to make the right decisions.

Enough lamenting. To business:

We should all full claim. There is no reason to delay.

I have to admit I was a little surprised to see my kill go through. Obviously, in hindsight, Drafter couldn't stop me because he'd already targeted me NP 1. This would tend to lean in Rocket's favour as well, although it's not a decisive point (he could have let Drafter die) . It's also interesting to note that the 2nd scum kill didn't occur on this night.

I'm a bit scared that the Mafia are relentlessly targeting resuppliers. Perhaps (as with Dong Zhou) they don't need supplies to act. Also, a shame that OneElephant was killed as he was one of my few town reads.

I would remind people to be cautious in their play. If Mafia number 3 we are still in choppy waters. I want everybody to declare all useful information before we begin sifting through it to find a lynch.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 7:10:26 PM
Drafterman could easily have made Logic lose his role last NP so that we would be at LYLO and have needed to waste a DP lynching him. He could also have killed Logic taking away town's extra lynches through the people's vig. I wonder why that did not happen.

FT, I see no reason for that convoluted strategy of Drafter transfering a protective role to Royal and Royal protecting him. Logic's action is finalized during the day but occurs at night. This means that it is vulnerable to be being blocked/redirected etc. Why wouldn't drafter simply take Logic's role.

Also, we are at MYLO. Don't vote unnecessarily. Royal should show up and claim. Then we can decide what to do.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 7:11:54 PM
At 5/31/2013 7:10:26 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Drafterman could easily have made Logic lose his role last NP so that we would be at LYLO and have needed to waste a DP lynching him. He could also have killed Logic taking away town's extra lynches through the people's vig. I wonder why that did not happen.

FT, I see no reason for that convoluted strategy of Drafter transfering a protective role to Royal and Royal protecting him. Logic's action is finalized during the day but occurs at night. This means that it is vulnerable to be being blocked/redirected etc. Why wouldn't drafter simply take Logic's role.

Also, we are at MYLO. Don't vote unnecessarily. Royal should show up and claim. Then we can decide what to do.

Because apparently drafter already stole Logic's role once, and he can only do it to each player once. I was also protecting Logic; he may have anticipated that.
- Hilaire Belloc -
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 7:12:10 PM
At 5/31/2013 6:58:05 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

You do realize that the overall plan netted us a mafia player in a 1:1 trade, correct? Khaos was considered acceptable collateral damage. FOS for this post.

FOS for you FOSing my post. We didn't need to do a 1 for 1 trade.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 7:15:22 PM
At 5/31/2013 7:12:10 PM, TUF wrote:
At 5/31/2013 6:58:05 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

FOS for you FOSing my post. We didn't need to do a 1 for 1 trade.

A guaranteed 1:1 trade is in town's favor, and hindsight is twenty-twenty. Everyone who supported that plan did so with pro-town motivation, with a pro-town result. It was a nearly guaranteed positive outcome, hence the intensive utility discussions over the decision last DP. The point stands that you are casting spurious accusations on large swathes of players, which inhibits honest scum-hunting.
- Hilaire Belloc -
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 7:16:17 PM
I think we're looking at a flavored mafia motivator (perhaps similar to the role transfer where it can only be used once on each player?) + designated killer. Budda/Logic both claim to have their roles taken from them on N1. Then, we had two deaths on N2. This explains the double roles, and balances out the game given the town's protective and investigative power.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 7:18:38 PM
At 5/31/2013 7:14:49 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
@ FT, thoughts on Budda?

I had Danielle cleared, don't see how Lucky could have sent the mafia PM if she were mafia?
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 7:21:59 PM
I'm 99% certain F-16 is town based on behavior. Skep's claim is solid, given F-16 is town, so unless the mafia were given fake-claims (possible but not something I'd like to pursue as strongly anymore), and Skep/Logic are likely town. I'm confirmed by Budda's claim.

Process of Elimination: Rocket/royal/TUF are scum.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 7:27:02 PM
TUF's first two posts from the DP are pretty bad:

At 5/31/2013 6:51:51 PM, TUF wrote:

The first is what I'd expect mafia to argue. I figure mafia split up on different wagons, or bussed. If mafia defended drafter, it was only after that became a viable option. The last couple votes on Khaos, or early votes on drafter, would be somewhere to look for scum.

The second post here is a typical scum move, attempting to keep options open by not letting players confirm alignment. Logic has the most town character in the game so he's town. There isn't an argument to be made otherwise.

royal is probably our best lynch, TUF trailing slightly behind.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 7:29:45 PM
The Mafia couldn't redirect me, but they could have roleblocked me I thought... NP 1 my 'role was given to another official' . However, Budda also says this on DP 2 pg. 2, and he was town. Knowing of my role Drafterman had to have been pretty confident he could stop me (bulletproof) . I can't figure this out. I can explain why I wasn't attacked for a kill (2 bodyguards) , but not the lack of roleblocking. The only explanation is that the 'Prime Minister' was not Dong Zhou, but that means 2 roles had to not try and stop me. Unless Budda was unclear I'm missing something here.

I want all actions. TUF, who did you target last night? Rocket, your target? F-16? Flippant, do you have any other useful actions to note? Royal, claim.

If we believe FT or Budda to be town we've got a decent chance of being town - they are probably both town based on the back-up mechanic. If this is the case then we've almost got the Mafia out - I'm town and I think Skepsikyma is. As to F-16 I might be leaning town. TUF leans scum due to the preposterous nature of his claim. Royal looks suspicioud at this point. Rocket is a lower priority for scum but process of elimination... Identifying whether Budda and FT are town has got to be one of the main priorities right now.

One point I'm worried about is that the town seems quite powerful. I'm struggling to see the counterbalance right now.

Oh, and Rocket's protection of TUF is somewhat convenient - TUF doesn't have to explain what happened last night. That said, this might be cleared up once Royal posts. Royal's claim must be a priority.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 7:34:35 PM
At 5/31/2013 7:27:02 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
TUF's first two posts from the DP are pretty bad:

At 5/31/2013 6:51:51 PM, TUF wrote:

The first is what I'd expect mafia to argue. I figure mafia split up on different wagons, or bussed. If mafia defended drafter, it was only after that became a viable option. The last couple votes on Khaos, or early votes on drafter, would be somewhere to look for scum.

WIFOM.

The second post here is a typical scum move, attempting to keep options open by not letting players confirm alignment. Logic has the most town character in the game so he's town. There isn't an argument to be made otherwise.

WIFOM.

royal is probably our best lynch, TUF trailing slightly behind.

FU.